PDA

View Full Version : Martyr Subedar Randhir Singh Virchakara

ranjitjat
October 14th, 2003, 06:47 PM
One of my student Martyr Subedar Randhir singh of Balkara village near Charkhi Dadri Dist Bhiwani- Haryana won the VIRCHAKAR AWARD IN KARGIL.
The school I used to teach is now called,
Martyr Subedar Randhir Singh middle school Balkara. - BHIWANI- HARYANA
He was in 18 Grenadier Regiment.

He told the COL that on the top of the Tiger hill is haavy build up of paki and we have only few Jawans- wait for more help.
Col Viswanathan said being a brave jat you afraid of Paki ?
Subedar Randhir singh said - I am not afraid but the brave Col sahib you lead us. We will follow you.
The Col Viswanathan lead the attack and was killed in action.
Subedar Randhir singh took over the command and won the tiger hill, but of the cost of his life. He was killed in action.
Other got Paramvir Chakara for the same action.
Jats got Mahavir Chakara- Subedar Randhirsingh only Virchakara. But that story some other time.
Now his son Dilbag Singh was also in same Regiment. He got discharge from army to look after the family.
Randhir singh wife died due to cancer.
He has unmarried daughter and son.
His son Dilbag Singh now has Martyrs Subedar Randhir Singh petrol pump- Gas station at Rohtak. They are doing well.
CM HARYANA OP Chautala presented my book FRANCE TO KARGIL TO DILBAG SINGH AT BHIWANI SHAHEED SAMAELAN.
May God bless happiness to all of them.
I am proud of my student Subedar Randhir Singh and his family. This village has great Soldiers and great wrestlers like HARIRAM, GAYANA RAM and HIRA LAL-HIRA -DAESA PHALWAN
Dharmpal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Jat Shaheed
Date: Oct 14, 2003 on 08:54 a.m.

Welfare of War-Widows and Ex-servicemen

rajendersingh
October 14th, 2003, 08:28 PM
dear dudeeji namskar,
thanks for sharing the information.i can visualise the sentiments and the emotions, as a proud teacher you must be having in mind.as a soldier i am also in deep thoughts.as you said some things are being left for tomarrow,i do understand and appriciate the things involved.
some where, there is some thing wrong when awards time come.other wise the sacrifices and awards should match?

jagmohan
October 15th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Dudee Saheb,

Namaskar,

Sub Randhir Singh (18 Grenadiers) was indeed a brave soldier. I know this 'Paltan' well as they replaced us in Sikkim in the early 90s. That was the first time when I met another brave soldier, Major R Vishwanath. Self and Vishwanath later attended the 49th Staff Course at Defence Services Staff College, Wellington (Nilgiris), Tamil Nadu. He was a gentleman and a true patriot.

Vishwanth was a Lt Col in Kargil when he led the attack. Though as the second in command he was not required to, but he was not less than JATS in bravery. Vishwanath and Sub Randhir Singh died a hero's death. Another brave soldier Major Balwan Singh of this 'Paltan' was honored by Maha Vir Chakra.

As to the general tendency of our countrymen to forget all heros, soldiers, sportspersona and other achievers, I am reminded of an old couplet:

OUR GODS AND SOLDIERS
WE ALIKE ADORE,
EVEN AT THE BRINK OF DANGER
NOT BEFORE.

AFTER DELIVERANCE, BOTH ALIKE
REQUITED,
OUR GODS FORGOTTEN AND OUR
SOLDIERS SLIGHTED.

Need I say more!!

Regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)
JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

ranjitjat
October 15th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Dear Col Jagmohan & Major Rajender
Namaskar
Thank you very much for sharing your Exp. and feelings.
Both of you are very true. Only a Fauji can understand the true emotions of other Fauji- Martyrs and national heroes.
Col Sahib, Major Rajender got my book- I understand his feelings.
He want me to write again here.
The sacrifices should match the award- !00% right and we can write a book on this subject.
We all know the story of China war and Brig. Hoshiar Singh.
For example in Kargil who got Paramvirchakara
1 A Pandey from lucknow because ATAL JI is PM.
2 A Yadav from UP- The general was a Yadav
3 A Barta panjabi- because a panjabi is chief of army
4 A Dogra from Himachal Ex taxi driver who rejected twice for recruitment.
Major Balwansingh a JAT GOT Mahavir chakara
Capt. Anuj Nayyar from 17 jat got Mahavirchakra not a single jat jawan.
40 Jats jawan died in a single attack on TIGER HILL and they were on tiger hills after 3 days and night hand to hand fight.
Subedar Randhir Singh 18 Garndeir got Vir chakara for same act.
The other Jats only got SENA-ARMY MEDALS, and some got nothing.
This is very unfair. Sorry to say that-
PER CHACHA TAU KI FAUJ HO GAE
I not against any caste or martyrs. I respect their sacrifices.
But but---- why always jats get the cick on the teeth, slap on the face and knife in the back.
Because we are not united.
We hurt each other not help.
We pull each other legs all the time.
We cut each other for petty ego and foolish acts.
Col sahib you can write your poem in poet corner or I can paste it. This is very nice.
more next time
Cheers

jagmohan
October 16th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Dudee Saheb,

Namaskar,

I had learnt a long tiome back that 'Make your piont once and keep quiet'. I agree with you to a large extent but want to make a point or two about bravery and awards.

Armed forces is the only organisation where the soldier is required to perform his duties BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY. This means sacrifice of life. Yes, the nation does recognise this sacrifice by giving honours and awards. In a sub continental size country like ours the armed forces must represent all religions/castes etc. Soldiers would belong to all races, martial and otherwise. I know there is an unwritten rule that even honours and awards must be given in a manner which is truly representative. Dudee Saheb, sometimes you have to give a high award to a 'Bania' also and give them a feeling of having become brave, otherwise they will not join the armed forces.

Now a word about bravery. No caste or race has a monopoly of being the bravest. There are numerous examples, even in the near recent past, where the 'Martial Races' proved to be the most coward and the so called 'Cowardly Race' stood and fought. I would not name any particular commumnity here but give you an example of my own regiment.

'The Battle of Laleali' fought on the western bank of River Munnavar Tawi in J&K. To keep it short, all martial races ran away (In tactical terms it was later called Withdrawn) but one company (80 men) of 8th Jammu and Kashmir Militia decided to stand up and be counted. They repulsed attack after attack of the Pakistani's but did not budge. And who were the soldiers? The soldiers were dogras and kashmiris. Kashmiris were not even considered as soldiers. But they fought and won. Later the same 'Paltan' in 1987 won a PVC in Siachen Glacier (Hony Capt Bana Singh, PVC).

A very old saying which would remain true forever: NO TROOPS ARE GOOD OR BAD, IT IS THE OFFICERS WHO ARE GOOD AND BAD. If the officers are true leaders it does not matter who the troops are. This has been proved again and again all over the world.

Dudee Saheb it does not matter whether the father of a soldier is a truck driver or General. As long as the soldier does his duties properly it
doesn't matter. When I take my mind back to my service in the Army, I don't recall anyone asking who my father was or I asking someone else. It dosen't matter.

Now the last point. Why JATS get a kick and are stabbed in the back? You already know the answer. Because we do not help each other. I was never helped in my service by any JAT officer, relative or otherwise. Even when they could help me directly, they never did. Naukri kharab zaroor karvayi hai. I have been trying to find answer to this quality of our community but have failed. May be some day a scientist will analyse our DNA and identify something in our genes.

Regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)

ranjitjat
October 16th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Col Malik Sahib
Namaskar
Thank you very much.
You made a very good point. I agree every body should be treated fairly and equally. But it not happening in India.
I am not against any caste or religion but when every other caste are unite and helping each other- we jats are not helping this is the point.
We are suffering in the name of nationalism.
JATS TO BAHADUR AUR DESHBHAGAT HOTAY HAN INKO MEDALS KI KAYA JARURAT- AUR JAT KI CHHATI CHODI HO JATI HH.
KICK ON THE FACE KNIFE IN THE BACK- We all know and suffering in daily life.
It may be Genes but Sikh and Muslim jats - Patel GUJARATI JATS are helping each other. Main problems in Hindu JATS.

CHEERS

ranjitjat
October 16th, 2003, 09:16 PM
DEAR MAJOR Rajender singh
Namaskar.
I think i wrote too much on EQUAL AWARD.
Yes I am on top of the world when i come to know one of my student is on top of Tiger hill.
Another on top in Cambridge university- Another on top in USA. One of my student was a naval officer on INS VIRAT and visited me in London. Mostly my students are doing well in services.
One of my girl student is DEO , another a MP wife in India.
The lines i was teaching them in lesson- became real..------------------
HAM SURVIR KAHATY USS KO -
JO KARNA HO SO KAR JAYE !!
PICHHAY KADAM NAHI HATA TA
CHAHEY DHAD SI SIS UTAR JAYE !!!!!!!!!!!
So I am very proud and happy.

The good thing i wish to tell is-
Subedar Randhir singh is KALIRAMNA.
BALKARA IS BHANJA OF OUR VILLAGE GHASOLA.
BUT We given them our sandy land so that they can be a good wrestler and soldier.
SESU ny SISAYE BASAYA-
SUNDA NY SANDWA & SALYWALA
BALKARA- GHASOLA KI LADKI NY.
HAMARY GAOM KA BHANJA- PER JAMIN HAMANY NARAM- REATILI DI taki desh sewa kary.
YAH HAE KALIRAMANA GOTRA KI HISTORY-
I RESREACH FOR YOU ANOTHER VILLAGE.
CHEERS

rajendersingh
October 16th, 2003, 09:30 PM
dear dudee ji and col malik,
things are not that fair on the awards front as being stated here.i have got first hand experience.and that is my own.and it is not based on a day or a month or a year,it was good two years in sri lanka and two years in punjab. i was in thick of all this and my judgment is based not on hersay but on the real battle field.
now since ,it is more than 10 years i left army ,i realy do not know whether to thank them or kick them when they tell me that they are sorry ,minimum i should have got mahavir chakra. but its all past.so kindly do not defend the system to this level.and its not that, ppl involved were some junior officers,they included some very senior officer to the level of an army commander.

jagmohan
October 17th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Dear Rajender Bhai,

I agree with you partially. Let me explain and I am not defending the 'system'. I will sum up the system in one sentence. SERVICE IN THE DEFENCE FORCES USED TO BE A WAY OF LIFE, BUT NOW IT IS TAKEN AS JUST ANOTHER JOB.

A word about awards. A soldier is supposed to be brave in any case. What has happened is that even for performing ones duty, awards are expected. Ask your friends who may be serving in J&K. I agree with you that sometimes the system is not fair and lot of manipulations take place for various reasons. You know it and I know it that people get Sena Medals sitting in Army HQ for writing a 'Military Paper'.

I appreciate your service in the Sri Lanka and Punjab and would say only this. If you have lived up to the expectations of your troops, you already have the highest award
called 'Trust of the Men you Commanded'. This award is even higher than 'Bharat Ratna'. You know you deserved a higher award, your men knew it and God knows it. What else one needs in life. I may be sounding a little old fashioned but just look aroung you and see what is happening to those award winners who did not deserve it. Though I do not know as to what are you doing after retirement but I think you are in business. I am 100% sure you are a good business man a good person. You have the trust of your loved ones and your friends. You are indeed blessed.

We were all brought up learning that 'Do your duty and don't bother about rewards'.

Regards,

Jagmohan Malik

rajendersingh
October 17th, 2003, 09:07 PM
DUDEE JI NAMASKAR,
thanks for the information.its realy very touching to read about my gotra. i also have got the information what ever is written by capt. dalip singh and share it with all. could be in few days.