PDA

View Full Version : E-mail directory of members

ratananmol
March 17th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Hi friends:
I am sorry to say that i have missed some of the emails that were routed thru this site; partly due to spam filters.
It would save time and effort if we have a directory of the email addresses of all willing members to faclitate more direct communication for contingencies that may arise.
My email address is
anmolratan@gmail.com.
Please come forward and contribute to this list; plz do not reveal any other info you may not like to reveal.

srajdeep
March 19th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Anmol Bhi,
This is a good idea but it won't work. In few days lots of people will post their emial in this thread but how will you find out email of someone you are interested in without having to read 100s of other entries.
Few months back someone started similar thread about Village names. Everyone posted and I think now that thread is about 15-20 page long. If someone wants to find out the name of someone's village (or people from his village) (which was the original intent of that post) he/she has to read all of those pages to find it.

Also you should know that people who are not registered to this site could access your posting, thus your email address. So think before putting your personal email here

Regards
raju

ratananmol
March 19th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Then let the administrators provide restricted access to email for the members.
I mean i am open to any other modification.
Anmol.

raj2rif
March 19th, 2005, 09:15 AM
you can email any member through this site. Once you are in communication with the other member and if he/she wishes to further communicate with you, you can always have their personal email addresses. Why do we need separate email directory? As far as general communication is concerned, it is being done here in any case.