PDA

View Full Version : Ghangas Jats of Haryana

ravichaudhary
December 15th, 2003, 01:47 AM
Thakur Desraj ( Jat Ithihass) writes:(pp231)

" Historians are in agreement that prior to 600 BCE, not much historical material is available and that the material between 600 BCE and upto 1000 AD (CE), is very incomplete. Is it then to expected that the history of the Jats should be complete?

He suggests that if a concerted effort is made to recover Jat related history material, in every corner of the Punjab, historical material
of Jat rule will be found.

In Punjab (now west and east, Haryana, UP, Rajasthan) we find references to the rule of the SAGWAN, GHANGAS, MALIK, GATWALA, Jats, in many small places.

He relates a small ditty, which is a tradition in Haryana.

" Hariyana ke beech men ek gaun Dhanana.
suhi bandhe paghri Kshtripan ka baan.
nauhse nejhe bhakrthe ghuriyan ka hiniyana
turai tamak baajta burjan ke darmayna
aapni kamai aap khat hein, nahi dehi kisi ko danah
Baapohra na janiyoh ye gaun Dhanana"

From this ditty we learn, that the GHANGAS Jats had a village called Dhanana, in Haryana. The had a standing force of 900 mounted
horsesoldiers, who were always ready for war, and they would go to war singing their war songs.

Close to them was a village of Rajputs. The Muslim rulers of Delhi from them demanded tribute and taxes and this were accepted by the rajput village.

The same proposition was put to the Jats and the Jats responded

" Baapohra na janiyoh ye gaun Dhanana"

(Do not think this is Baapohra, this is Dhanana."

If the search for Jat rule is conducted in Punjab, there is much such material, from which an independent history will be re constructed,
which is prior to the Muslim era. "

Note: We also find the Ghangas ( Gangas) rule in the South, in the Kushan and post Kushan period.

meena
December 26th, 2003, 06:09 AM
My mother is Ganghas (spelling?) and from Dhanana. Nanaji was originally settled in Montgomeri in Pakistan. Mamaji's (Late Lala Amar Singh-a well known personality) sons still live there.

ravichaudhary
December 26th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Meena Singh (Dec 25, 2003 07:39 p.m.):
My mother is Ganghas (spelling?) and from Dhanana. Nanaji was originally settled in Montgomeri in Pakistan. Mamaji's (Late Lala Amar Singh-a well known personality) sons still live there.

Could you please tell us, record a bit more of Your family history

It is importnat, and a legacy toall of us.

Who was Lala Amar Singh, what is his life story ??

Ravi

meena
January 11th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Morning Ravi-Mamaji was well known in Dhanana. Didn't realize how I'd worded it. Will have to get you the History from my mother and cousins(sad but true..).
Take care.

ranjitjat
January 15th, 2004, 02:27 PM
DEAR RAVI JI & ALL
I am very close to Ghanghas & Sangwan kingdoms
visiting these villages daily from bhiwani.
iF YOU NEED ANY INFORMATION LET ME KNOW.

bapora mat janiyo- yO SS gaum DHANANA
DUDEE BHI BHIWANI MAE- LAG HAMARA SEEMANA