PDA

View Full Version : are you satisfied with Dr. Manmohan Singh..................

mukeshkumar007
May 10th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Dear All

As you know that Dr. Manmohan Singh is going to complete his first year as a Prime Minister of India. How do you rate him by his work and achievements.
are you satisfied with him and by his work. .. is he able to fulfill the expectation of public whatever have
Lets put your views about him...

rkumar
May 10th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Dear All

As you know that Dr. Manmohan Singh is going to complete his first year as a Prime Minister of India. How do you rate him by his work and achievements.
are you satisfied with him and by his work. .. is he able to fulfill the expectation of public whatever have
Lets put your views about him...

I am fully satisfied with his performance so far. However, he need to move very fast on infrastructure front. Electricity generation , water managemnets , airports, roads and railways need to be expanded and modernised at a much faster pace, else we stand doomed.. India has to declare war on all these fronts..

RK^2

mukeshkumar007
May 10th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Well said .
But how far you are agree with the opposition's statement that Dr. Manmohan Sing is a invisible prime minister. He has not been able to take a single decision independently (without the permission of sonia gandhi.). Oppostion said that he does not want to make good relation with opposition.
I agree with you that India has to declare war on all these fronts in the leadership of two visonior (A.P.J. abdul kalam & Manmohan Singh.)

rkumar
May 10th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Well said .
But how far you are agree with the opposition's statement that Dr. Manmohan Sing is a invisible prime minister. He has not been able to take a single decision independently (without the permission of sonia gandhi.). Oppostion said that he does not want to make good relation with opposition.
I agree with you that India has to declare war on all these fronts in the leadership of two visonior (A.P.J. abdul kalam & Manmohan Singh.)

who cares whethere he is visible or invisible till he does good for the country. As of now, India is very lucky to have a scientist president and an economist PM...it sends very good signal all over the world...

We need more good serious workers and not the talkers...

RK^2

ramksehrawat
May 11th, 2005, 10:21 AM
This is the first time in independent India that the Head of the Government and the Head of State are both nominal. At best he can be described as "surrogate" PM. He may be a good human being, a renowned economist but these are not enough to govern the nation efficiently. The PM has to have at least some political clout to run the government and control his cabinet. It is a well known fact that his own colleagues are working to undermine his position as his success will be against their interests. Some of his senior colleagues look down upon him as once "my advisor". An article in Indian Express has rightly summed up his position saying, ironically as the prime minister grows in stature more than opposition leaders, it is his own party colleagues who feel discomfited — in fact some are downright uneasy. The pitfall of being a surrogate PM is that he can ill afford to seem totally in charge or appear to have developed a working relationship with the opposition, for whom the high command nurtures a paranoid dislike. A Congress prime minister who is a non-Nehru-Gandhi has to rule, but must never assume that it is his reign.

The PM may or may not be invisible but to the PM his own colleagues are certainly invisible and it was quite evident during Jharkhand crisis when he could not get in touch even his Home Minister for well over a day. Goa and Jharkhand made it clear that he is not the one who is in control but certainly Sonia and her cronies. His cabinet colleagues take pride in kow-towing to even such non-entities as Ambika Soni than to report to the PM. Dr. Singh, certainly a gentle, able and sauve man, is only a "mukhota" and one day he will certainly feel as used. During the one year of UPA rule, nothing much changed except that the ongoing infrastructure projects came to standstill. There is no improvement on FDI front, export growth was 24% (last year 21%) but the imports too have gone up by 37%, trade deficit at nearly US $ 27 billion has nearly doubled over the previous year, which does not behove well to a government under an economist. On foreign policy front, it is a pity that he has a Foreign Minister who does not even think before saying anything. Remember, how just in one minutes he atributed all successes in Atomic field to NDA !!! The only success of this government is that it has been able to retain Lallus, Shahbuddins and the Commos on its side. Let's see how long he can turn a blind eye to them. I wonder how the PM will be judged by posterity for having defended Lalu and his cronies.

mukeshkumar007
May 11th, 2005, 10:54 AM
I fully agree with Rajendrji, India is really very lucky to have a scientist president and an economist prime minister..... and have a visionary Finance Minister (P.Chidambram.....).

Sehrawat uncle ji, hamam me sab nange hai.... Lalu jaiso ko sath rekhna to Manmohanji ki political majburi hai so it is not a major reason to neglect his achievements......
..... lakin Lalu ka to sab ko pata hai ki wo ek criminal hai. usse to hum kam se kam carefull to reh sakte hai na. lakin unka kya jo white kurte ki piche apne horriable face ko chupaye huwe is desh ko ghun ki tehraa khaa rehe hai and janta ke samne mehan banne ki kosis karte rehte hai...
Yeh barhi hi badkismati hai ki Manmohan jaise mehan leader ko apni ability show karne ke liye itne muskil halat mile hai , jeha ek taraf left front katne ko daurtha hai to dusri aur lalu jaise muskile karhi kar dete hai.....
Na hi opposition ne ek responsible opposition ki bhumika nibhayi hai, ab unko aur kuch nahi mila to pariliament ka hi boycoot karke beth gaye.......
koi kuch bi kehe but I fully satisfied with the job of manmohan singh as a prime minister. He is doing a great job silently at every field.. I mean he beleive in works not in talks.... jeha tak foreign policy ka sawal hai to Nepal ko chore kar har country se riste ache ho rehe and India ko world ke har kone maie parsidi mil rehi hai.........
I wish him Best of luck for his remainig four years....that he keep his job continue with the high speed......

ramksehrawat
May 11th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Dear Mukesh,

I agree with you that even our opposition has utterly failed in shouldering its responsibility but the Government too have not shown any concrete results in any field. If the yardstick of success is completion of one year in office, yes undoubtedly they are successful. If you are talking of achievements in foreign policy, they have just build on what they inherited. When foreign dignitaries instead of inviting the PM/President invites Sonia, it speaks volumes. Musharraf by insisting on meeting Vajpayee told us loudly "you are a nation divided". We lacked badly in diplomatic maneouvering by offending France, which has supported us sincerely at all international fora, in the matter of plane purchases. A PM is ignorant of his Cabinet Minister's resignation and subsequent swearing in as CM ? What to say more ! Documents before they reach the Ministers are flaunted to the press, one day one affidavit and the second day something else is filed before the courts. They seems to be working on impulses. In India the Constitution envisages collective responsibility but this government have yet to show collectivism. Incidently he is the first Prime Minister who is consulted in framing the policies of his party, nor has he any role in the appointments of Governors/CMs. Strange to see CMs pleading Sonia for grants and Sonia announcing relief from PM's relief fund. His failure to assert himself in political matters is a grave concern. Example, Goa, Jharkhand and Bihar (viz. Laloo). This is a dangerous trend. We need a PM, Mukesh, not PA to Sonia. Manmohan Singh should manage to come out the family mould (a.k.a. Gandhi’s) and establish a base for himself within Congressmen who are progressive minded, (not superficially progressive like the Gandhi's) people who have connection to reality not a sense of regality.

jagmohan
May 11th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Dear All,

My very personal views and apologies if it offends the sensibilities of one or more members.

Which politician has been able to truly satisfy the masses of our country? In my view no one. Why? Because politics or 'Siyasat' comes in the way. There is a new trend in Indian politics of late. I am sure many have noticed it. And mind you this is not new and is practiced in one form or the other throughout the world by politicians of all hues. It is very simle actually. JUST DIVERT THE ATTENTION OF MASSES TO SENTIMENTAL, EMOTIONAL & CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES. This is what is happening in our country today. These politicians don't want to address the issues of poverty, hunger, primary education & health, discrimination, probity in public life and many more issues that are more important than either becoming a Nuclear power or getting a permanent seat in the UNSC. What use is nuclear power & a seat in UNSC if college girls are raped in a car that is moving on the roads of the capital? Public time and money is wasted by the likes of Lalu Yadav and others who raise inconsequential issues just to avoid public scrutiny & accountability.What a shame.

Less said the better about this government. And I am no BJP supporter (My family has been a congress supporter all through). Poor Manmohan Singh. We should not even ask the question as to how he has faired. He has been made the PM by Sonia Gandhi basically to overcome the guilt of atrocities against the Sikhs by Madam Indira Gandhi. Just like we have a new Sikh Chief of the Army Staff. And because Sonia Gandhi can never understand this country and its people, she is trying to pacify the Sikhs by favoring the 'Bhappa Sikhs'. She doesn't even know the basic difference between Jat Sikhs and Bhappas. Poor Manmohan Singh has no choice but to keep saying Madam - Madam. I am not doubting his credentials as an econimist or even his honesty & patriotism but the fact is that he is a surrogate PM. He has no say whatsoever in the politics of decision making. And then you have the communists who are taking the congress for a royal ride.

No one is bothered about the common Indian who continues to reel under the 'yoke of Independence', if I may call it that. What is the solution? Nothing. We have to keep bearing the likes of Lalu and other idiots for a very long time. May be mother nature can deliver us....

And someone told me only yesterday that "Bhai, Abhi to Kalyug ke Char Laakh Saal Bach Re Hain".

Regards,

JS Malik

sjakhars
May 12th, 2005, 03:25 AM
Well said col.sahab.
I do agree with you.Our politicians are not interested in solving nation's problems.They are, even, creating new problems daily.Problems like communalism,regionalism,language disputes,naxalism and terrorism are increasing with help of politics,and this is the politics.If they start to solve problems like illitracy,poverty,starvation and other,how they will get publicity and how they wiil be able to raise sentimental issues like babri maszid-ayodhya,dalit-swaran,hindu-muslim,hindi-tamil,hindi-urdu, etc.
these are the base of their existance.
Now it depends on the voters but they do not have alternative.As mukesh said"is hammam me sab nange hain".