PDA

View Full Version : Another Mission Statement for Aryans from Mahabharta that we should not forget

mbamal
April 7th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Dear all,

"abhivadana-shilasya nitya-vriddh-upasevinah
chatvari tasya vrdhante ayur-vidya-yasho-balam"

aarthath...
One who always salutes and serves the elders will
get these four: long life, knowledge, fame and
strength

and

"abhivadayed vriddhansh cha, dadyash cha eva Asanam svakam
krita anjalir upasita, gachchatah prishtah anviyat"

aarthath

Elders are always to be saluted & respected.
One should get up give the elder one's seat. One should sit
humbly, with folded palms, in the elder's presence. While
bidding farewell, one should walk behind the elder
respectfully

scsheorayan
April 8th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Good thinking Manjit ji,

Unfortunately Jats are forgetting their own culture and all that strength which comes with 5000 years of culture is being ignored. What Jats to-day need is not more money, more education, more opportunities, more land but what I think they very urgently need is more self respect and more self esteem. These things do not come cheap and you can not buy or steal for your children they have to earn them hard way. We as parents are failing our children by putting too much emphasis on achievements, goals etc and not enough on how to achieve those goals in a dignified way. When your self esteem is high there is no need to compete and all your energy can be utilised constructively. Respect for age is respect for experience and there is no substitute for experience. As a wild guess I would say there will be more opponents to this posting than supporters but that is being honest. Be honest to yourself and your self respect will grow. Tell lies and your life becomes a lie because after some time you can not tell the difference between a lie and truth. There is no greater strength than truth and no greater novelty than simplicity. These are positive human qualities for which Jats used to be known but priorities are changing and there seems to be a competition in negative human qualities which could only bring misery and unhappiness all around. Good luck my friends.

jagmohan
April 8th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks Madeep Ji and Sheorayan Ji,

You both have hit the nail on the HEAD.

And how very true, apt and timely this reminder is. Like I have always said and maintained, we JATS are naturally blessed with qualities of good health, hardworking nature, loyalty to our friends and 'Kaum', integrity to the cause and probably the wittiest nature found anywhere on this earth. Cambridge or Oxford Universities too can't give a degree for the qualities that we have in abundance. Yet, we have lagged behind. Why? We all know the reasons and those who say they don't are either fooling themselves or have just come to this earth to exist (eat - **** - die) (I beg everyone's pardon for this kind of language).

Let us all understand one thing very clearly that we have a very long way to go before we can regain the kind of power, wealth and status we once yielded. And to do that we have to make sacrifices for our less fortunate near and dear ones. Yes, we must first look after our brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces and first and second cousins. No amount of 'chin wagging' on grandiose plans and issuing 'Mission' and 'Vision' statements is going to help. As Sheorayan Ji has very rightly said in another thread 'Charity begins at home', one has to first draw a mission for one's own life, achieve it with hard work as quickly as possible and then move on to help your neighbour. And this kind of realisation can only come if one can understand and practice what is quoted by Mandeep Ji.

We all seem to have an opinion on everything except on self discipline and self restraint. We will waste (me included) our precious time in discussing Mallika Sahrawat and try to show that we are the most virtuous beings on this earth and after exactly few moments we would be peeping down the necklines of females passing our way. When will we grow up is not the question, but the way things are the question is whether we want to grow up or not?

We are a very small community on this website and the least we can do is to be respectful to each other, elder or younger. To be frank I don't see this website replacing other organisations that are supposed to be the vehicles for social change. Yes, we can make a difference to each other by interacting and networking. May be some of our members can become catalysts for change. My best wishes for them. But let us respect each other first. Before we change the community, state, nation, country and the world, let us do the easier thing - change ourselves.

Thanks and regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)

uday
April 9th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Bhai Mandeep..Bilkul teekh lika aapney.
sheoran sahib and col. sahib ke tattharth bhi sankshep main ek hi hai...

Hindi bhasa main ek shabd hai : "Sanskar" which doesn't have any reciprocate in the English Language.

Badoon ko aapna Farz bhulna nahi chaiiye... or chotton ko aapna Kartvaya..

If you respect your parents... your growing kids sees you how your parents are respecting their Grandpa \ Grandma... Tabhi ho sakt hai ki aap ke Budhapey main aapke bachey aapko mentally \ emotionaly \ finanacially sopport karain....
If you show to your kids that u r ignoring your parents....better be ready to tit for tat.... Aatmiyata or Sanskar aaj ke JAT lahoo main : "touch wood" kuch kuch bachi hui hai... to remain this HOLY torch burning as of today and to maintain to next generation.. we all ( current generation\ adhed \ buddhey-buddhey are under one umbrella. )

Sabko aadar samet,
Stay Tuned
Uday