PDA

View Full Version : Serbian Jats?

ajat
April 9th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Hi Ravi and others,

What do you know about this?:

http://www.newindpress.com/Newsitems.asp?ID=IEH20030920142405&Title=Top+Stories&rLink=0
Regards,

chhoraharyanada
April 9th, 2004, 04:11 AM
typical bahman response! try to brush off anything with foreign roots/origin with the same "aryan invasion theory" brush.

But on another note - seems like a bit of a waste of India's resources to hold a Jat conference in Serbia?!

ajat
April 9th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Hi Ramandeep,

May I ask what clan name are you? Or if that is too personal which division of Jats do you belong?

Thanks.

chhoraharyanada
April 9th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Sekhon.

you?

ravichaudhary
April 9th, 2004, 08:28 AM
A couple of years ago, some people formed a World Aryan Jat Organization.

The organisers are a family called " Gehlawat"

If you look at the current affairs section, you will see postings by Mr." Rajneesh".

Best you try and communicate with them directly.

My attempts to communicate with them do not receive any response

I am also from a historical perspective curious, as to the methodology and evidence

Let us know the results

Ravi Chaudhary

rajendersingh
April 9th, 2004, 11:29 AM
there was no wastage of indian resources as it were the serbian jats who were organising the conference.mrs kuhar came all the way to attend world jat conference in 2003 in delhi.
ravi;
professor j k gehlout is doing a great job for the community.there can be many reasons for not replying to your personal post but u can always subscribe the magazines these ppl are publishing,its a good one

ravichaudhary
April 9th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Rajender Singh (Apr 09, 2004 01:59 a.m.):
there was no wastage of indian resources as it were the serbian jats who were organising the conference.mrs kuhar came all the way to attend world jat conference in 2003 in delhi.
ravi;
professor j k gehlout is doing a great job for the community.there can be many reasons for not replying to your personal post but u can always subscribe the magazines these ppl are publishing,its a good one

My post was not to question what this organisation does or purports to do .

Since my name was mentioned, my response was to clarify to that I do not know anything about them.

My attempts to communicate with them were less than fruitful.

My interest being history, and improvement of the self easteem, and public image of our community, I wished to know what contribution I could make to assist.

With cooperation something could be done

There was simply no response, to a number of E mails , over the last two years from any of the Gehlawats or from anybody of their organization.

It is a non issue, not worth discussing.

More relevant from an academic perspective, and this thread, is how it was determined that the Serbians were Jats ?

Ravi

ajat
April 9th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Hi Ramandeep,

Thanks, this explains very much to me. What general region are Sekhon’s settled? Are you Sikh?

I won’t share my clan name, but will say that my ancestors hailed from Ghazni, Afghanistan before settling at their present seat before 1000 A.D. or so.

Ravi,

Now whether or not Jats are related to Serbians, I think it is a foolish idea to hold a Jat convention there – this is beginning to cross the boundary into extreme nationalist pride.

Do you think Samar Abbas has something to do with the connection?

Best Wishes,

chhoraharyanada
April 9th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Sunny Singh (Apr 09, 2004 12:09 p.m.):
I won’t share my clan name, but will say that my ancestors hailed from Ghazni, Afghanistan before settling at their present seat before 1000 A.D. or so.

You sound like a Doabeh!

ajat
April 10th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Hi Raman,

How do you gather? Best Wishes,

chhoraharyanada
April 10th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Am I right?

shot in the dark: Hoshiarpur or Kapurthala?

ajat
April 12th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Hi Raman,

Jullandhar and Hoshiarpur. U?

Regards,