PDA

View Full Version : Bishnoi's

chhoraharyanada
May 26th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Hi all ... Ram Ram !!

Could somebody please give me some info about Bishnoi's. I believe a new MP from Haryana is a Bishnoi.

I was having a conversation last night with some elders and they said Bishnoi's were a hybrid mix of Jats and other castes, as they follow a "Bishnoi sect"?

How true is this?

If so, then ...

1. What do they believe in? eg, "Bishnoi-ism"?
2. And are they really a hybrid mix?
3. How do Jats view Bishnois?

Thanks in advance,

abhishek
May 26th, 2004, 03:26 AM
I guess they follow 20+9 rules set by a peer or someone and that is why they are called bishnoi( Bees+ nau)

birbal
May 26th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Bishnois are Jats but slowly they have become more like an independent religion based on the 29 founding principles. There is an interesting television program I saw on PBS many years ago where they explained the origin of the 29 principles which were truly far ahead of modern environmentalists or those profesing sustainable living. They are mostly in Rajasthan but few in Haryana. I think Bhajan Lal is a Bishnoi Jat.

ramsarya
May 26th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Dear Ramandeep: For a little bit more on Bishnoi's, please read my post of March 24 in General Talk under Jitender Mehta's "Difference between hindu jats, jat sikhs and muslim jats".

sandeepk
May 26th, 2004, 08:42 PM
regarding the thing that bishnoi;s are jat or not i really dont know much but i thing i know that bhajan lal has never been called a jat. and the bishnoi mp that has won form haryana is his son kuldeep bishnoi who have won the bhiwani seat from ajay chautala son of hryana CM

dineshkumar
September 10th, 2005, 05:18 PM
hi here is something about bisnois,
the guru who gave 29 rules was guru jambeshwar jee, there is a university named after him in hissar,haryana
they are strong believers in non voilence,donot kill animals neithers allows others to do that remember salman khan episode
they donot burn but burry the dead people
bhajanlal indeed is a bisnoi
bisnois share many of jat gotras and are freely involved in marriages with jats...... thats all of which i know

sukhbirsingh
September 11th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Bishnois are Jats but slowly they have become more like an independent religion based on the 29 founding principles. There is an interesting television program I saw on PBS many years ago where they explained the origin of the 29 principles which were truly far ahead of modern environmentalists or those profesing sustainable living. They are mostly in Rajasthan but few in Haryana. I think Bhajan Lal is a Bishnoi Jat.

Well Sir
Bhajan Lal is not a jat and he is totally against Jats. Well about Bhajan Lal. He is DARJI by cast and he used to sell CHURIES before he enters in politics. In last election he was out of CM post because of his anti jats policies in past which keep congress out of power around ten years. It is right that most of Bhisnoi are Jat but not all, They have all cast like hindus and shikhs.

virmaramjyani
September 11th, 2005, 08:36 PM
bishnoi caste founded by guru jabhoji (rajput of churu distt.) basically 99 % bishnois are JATS. they have same gotras like jats. there is very little difference in language, customs. bhajanlal is pakistan born n adampur based bishnopi. persent rajasthan assembly have one bishnoi M L A and a M P from jodhpur mr. jaswant singh bishnoi.

baliyansachin
September 14th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Hi all ... Ram Ram !!

Could somebody please give me some info about Bishnoi's. I believe a new MP from Haryana is a Bishnoi.

I was having a conversation last night with some elders and they said Bishnoi's were a hybrid mix of Jats and other castes, as they follow a "Bishnoi sect"?

How true is this?

If so, then ...

1. What do they believe in? eg, "Bishnoi-ism"?
2. And are they really a hybrid mix?
3. How do Jats view Bishnois?

Thanks in advance,

Hello Ramandeep,
U can have solution to ur queries by visiting website
www.bishnoi.org

bye

vijay
December 30th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Well Sir
Bhajan Lal is not a jat and he is totally against Jats. Well about Bhajan Lal. He is DARJI by cast and he used to sell CHURIES before he enters in politics. In last election he was out of CM post because of his anti jats policies in past which keep congress out of power around ten years. It is right that most of Bhisnoi are Jat but not all, They have all cast like hindus and shikhs.

Hi all,

I am a new member of the Jatland family.
A warm hello and regards to everybody.

Bhajan Lal is not a Jat, he is Bishnoi and he is strongly against Jat's. yeah he used to sell churies and all that stuff in Bhadra area. Then he got involved in smuggling chana and other crops from Rajasthan to Haryana, because there were difference in their rates. It was around 1965. At that time, my grandfather were MLA from Bhadra (Late Ch. Hansraj Arya). His major buying stocks of chana were from my relatives of Chhani Badi (Beniwals). Somehow he managed to had contact with my grandfather. Things led to one after another.

In 1967, CM of Rajasthan Mr. Sukharia were the observer of Congress to declare the candiadates for Haryana Assembly elections. My grandfather perposed Bhajan Lal's name for Adampur consituency. My grandfather had a good relationship with Mr. Sukharia and Bhajan lal appered on the political stage.
He never saw back.He respected my grandfather too much.

But after a few year, the relations got spoiled by a murder happened in Bhadra. He linked it with us as the victim was his follower.

lrburdak
December 30th, 2005, 10:56 PM
In Khejadli village near Jodhpur 363 Bishnois had to sacrifice their lives in 1730 AD for protecting green trees. I did some analysis of these people.

Gotra wise number of these martyrs was as under:
Aichara (1), Badaderi (1), Badiyani (1), Chotiya (1), Degipal (1), Dudan (1), Geela (1), Goyal (1), Janwar (1), Javalia (1), Juriya (1), Kalirani (1), Khavi (1), Khichar (1), Kupasiya (1), Lamba (1), Maal (1), Rinwa (1), Seegar (1)
Tadi (1), Vaasu (1), Adeena (2), Bhadiawas (2), Bola (2), Jhangu (2), Manjhu (2), Punia (2), Thalod (2), Bhanwal (3), Burdak (3), Chahar (3), Dhatarwal (3), Potalia (3), Rahad (3), Siyol (3), Badiya (4), Dhayal (4), Isram (4), Karhwasara (4), Bhangarwas (5), Dukia (5), Khava (6), Khileri (6), Lol (6), Nain (6), Sahu (6), Sinwar (6), Dhaka (8), Dara (9), Dudi (10), Kaswan (10), Khod (10), Khokhar (10), Panwar (10), Ashigh (13), Not clear (22), Jani (15), Saran (18), Babal (22), Beniwal (25), Bhadu (26), Godara

Most of above gotras are of Jats

narenderkharb
December 31st, 2005, 09:25 AM
Bhajan himself said I am a Brahaman and Punjabi .How could he be Jat? Do Bishnoi bury instead of creamating? How it started?Was it due to muslim influence?

vijay
December 31st, 2005, 12:02 PM
Bhajan himself said I am a Brahaman and Punjabi .How could he be Jat? Do Bishnoi bury instead of creamating? How it started?Was it due to muslim influence?

Bhai Narender,

What Bhajan said about being a punjabi and Brahaman was to just for the sake of politics.
Yes, Bishnoi bury instead of creamating. I don't know whether it's a muslim influence or not.
One more thing, you will find it very interesting. It's about their marriages. They exchange sisters. Means, If a boy is getting married to a girl, any girl from the boy's family must also get married to a boy from girl's family to get even. Means Exchange. I think you got it right

lucky
December 31st, 2005, 05:00 PM
what i think lot of muslim influence they donot have 13 days sitting at home after some one die it is 40 days like muslim. they exchange sisters which was done by many muslims in older days. and ya they bury body and i find them realy crule many times like muslim. :rolleyes:

vijay
December 31st, 2005, 05:39 PM
what i think lot of muslim influence they donot have 13 days sitting at home after some one die it is 40 days like muslim. they exchange sisters which was done by many muslims in older days. and ya they bury body and i find them realy crule many times like muslim. :rolleyes:

Yeah Shagun, not everybody but most them are cruel. As they say themselves that if they want to kill somebody and don't have access to reach them they can even marry their sister with them to have access and then kill them.

anildabas1701
January 4th, 2006, 02:05 PM
aap sabki baat sunke hairan hoon. but i have a very close friend from bishnoi and he told me 99% of them are from jaat blood

vijay
January 4th, 2006, 02:43 PM
aap sabki baat sunke hairan hoon. but i have a very close friend from bishnoi and he told me 99% of them are from jaat blood

Anil Bhai,
I have some Bishnoi friends and are good one. They were actually Jats previously. Then they become Bishnoi. But we are discussing about their basic insticts in a generalised way. Their basic traits, their ideologies and how much their nature and religion theories are influenced by other castes and religions.

sumeetmalik
January 4th, 2006, 03:19 PM
'Four Fingers and Seventeen Nails' By Amardeep Dahiya, has an interesting story about 'the stud' practice followed by the Bishnois till early 20th century. It is one of the most interesting story about the community you will ever read.