PDA

View Full Version : tomar jats

varuntomar
July 4th, 2004, 02:46 PM
cud anyone help me with the history of tomar jats. the village elders wud have us believe that tomar jats were the rulers of delhi, i have started doubting that as none of the posts in this section mention that. another fact that bothers me is how cud this site leave tomar jats in obscurity given the fact that they are the largest khap and weild considerable clout in western u.p.

rkumar
July 4th, 2004, 04:34 PM
janab Tomars are very much in the list of Gotras at Jatland. How can any one leave them..Tomar Gotra is common among Rajputs also. May be there is something common betwen two..There are history experts on jatland and I am sure you will get all the answers.

Rajendra

varuntomar
July 4th, 2004, 05:16 PM
thanks for the response Mr. Rajendra.......i know that the gotra is listed on the site but i don't think that is enough....according to the village folklore the tomar khap involved in guerilla warfare against most of the mughal rulers and the british in 1857 ,there are even shrines in some vilages in the memory of the martyrs but none of this finds mentions anywhere in this site i hope somebody would respons with some more facts

rkumar
July 4th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Varun Tomar (Jul 04, 2004 07:46 a.m.):
thanks for the response Mr. Rajendra.......i know that the gotra is listed on the site but i don't think that is enough....according to the village folklore the tomar khap involved in guerilla warfare against most of the mughal rulers and the british in 1857 ,there are even shrines in some vilages in the memory of the martyrs but none of this finds mentions anywhere in this site i hope somebody would respons with some more facts

Whom do u expect to write this all? This site belongs to everyone and if you think some thing needs to be known, please write. We will all love to know about it. I might have the same question about my gotra. If I do not know about the history of my gotra, how do I expect others to know. I know ofcourse Tomars as my mother was a tomar..desh ke jat hain bhai after all....LOL
Rajendra

varuntomar
July 5th, 2004, 12:41 AM
well mr rajendra no offences meant, but i gather that u failed to see a point here, well i don't expect somebody else to do my work for me, when i can't get any written material about the history of my elders i naturaly posted a message here, i thought someone wud help as people here know so much about jat history......well so much has been written about the tomars of delhi being rajputs, well i remember a jat mahasabha poster which inlcluded notable jats from history, and it mentioned one dille ram tomar as the first king of delhi and one anangpal tomar( who is mentioned to be a rajput in every material i found on net)..... i have met some tomars in my life who are rajputs but they were no match for their jat counterparts, the jat being sturdier, braver, and showing more leadership skills........ since many people have mentioned in this forum that jats have shown a general indifference and neglect about their written history cud it be possible that the tomars of delhi who possibly cud be jats were claimed to be rajputs by the historians who had brahiministic leanings
(well tomars are still the single largest khap with 84 villages in the baraut belt alone)
glad to know that ur mother is a tomar

vivek
July 5th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Ravi chaudhary, the site's history buff had posted a paragraph on Tomar Jats. I do not know how much of that is true. The elders do claim that the same Tomars clans call themselves jat in one village, and rajput in other. Anandpal, was supposedly a jat, but brahmins elevated him to Rajput....and the whole thing is murky. There is also a Tomar dynasty that has built a famous fort in gwalior...but they are supposedly again jats..elevated to a higher status by brahmins. As for my family, our elders migrated to west UP from west rajasthan a 300-400 years ago...according to my uncle. Again its heresay, and who knows if its true.

ravichaudhary
July 6th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Is becoming a Rajput an elevation?

Can a 'Brahmin' pujari make an elevation happen ?

ravichaudhary
July 6th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Varun

Since you are interested in your clan's history, could you help get me this book from Gwalior. the publisher must have a copy.

the publisher must have a phone number. I will pay for it

"Tomaron ka ithihass, Dilli ke tomar, Vidya Prakash Mandir, Gwalior,

Author: Dr Hariniwas Dwivedi"

Ravi

varuntomar
July 6th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Ravi
I stay in Delhi and not in Gwalior, but still i would try to check with the publisher if they can ship the book to me. I will get in touch with u as soon as possible.

varuntomar
July 6th, 2004, 07:02 PM
on my search on the tomars i came across this town in portugal named tomar, and some people there write it as a surname......
cud there be a connection????????????

ravichaudhary
July 6th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Varun Tomar (Jul 06, 2004 03:13 a.m.):
Ravi
I stay in Delhi and not in Gwalior, but still i would try to check with the publisher if they can ship the book to me. I will get in touch with u as soon as possible.

Can we approach the problem in a systemic manner.?

Do yourself and me a great favor.

Drop ( portuigal for now) the rest of your efforts.

Find the publishers telephone number, you can do by calling the telephone inquiry, call them today, and get a copy of the book.

Get two- one for you one for me.

My nephew is coming a a few weeks, he can bring a copy to me in Toronto

Then let us address the History of the Tomar's in a scientific manner.

Ravi

vivek
July 7th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Ravi Chaudhary (Jul 05, 2004 09:36 p.m.):
Is becoming a Rajput an elevation?

Can a 'Brahmin' pujari make an elevation happen ?

Answer is an obvious 'no'. Tricky brahmins have been playing this divide and rule long before british perfected it.

varuntomar
July 10th, 2004, 06:08 PM
mr. ravi somehow i am facing difficulty in finding this publishing house........but i have told my friend who will get this book from jaipur as he knows a shop which contains lots of books on jat and rajput history.........please ask ur nephew to contact me on 011-36317244 and i will try my best to procure the book a copy each for u and me
reagrds
Varun Tomar

alkesh
July 16th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Hi Varun,

I will be interested in getting the name of the shop in jaipur, who carries books on jats. you can send me an email or you can post your reply here.

thx a bunch!