PDA

View Full Version : Jat Immigration / Custom officers at IGI airport !!!

deepakchoudhry
July 28th, 2005, 05:51 PM
I thought I will start a thread on this topic. Pls list your experiences. :)

raj2rif
July 28th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I thought I will start a thread on this topic. Pls list your experiences. :)

Dear Deepak,

We would appreciate your picture on the site. I liked you love for the animals but the purpose of the picture is to identify the member and not his/her interest, which should follow in his/her posts.

May we request you to post your picture.

Now the subject? What is the purpose of the discussion? Because that would give the direction to the discussion. Hope to get these things clear.

deepakchoudhry
July 28th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Jat aur Baagh ek hi baat hai..sir.. :)

The reason I started the topic was that the general public perception of Jats working at the IGI airport is very bad. Just wanted to know if anyone had any experiences they would like share.

gaganjat
July 30th, 2005, 05:46 PM
They are doing a good job. I cant imagine biharies nd other people doing better than Jats.
They are doing which nobody else can do LOL

ramksehrawat
July 30th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Dear Deepak,

Jats or non-jats the staff at all the Indian airports are the same, corrupt to the core. The lower-level i.e. class iv, workers are even more embarrassing when they don't even hesitate to beg. When you land at Indian airports, they look at you, be it customs or immigration or others, as if you have come laden with dollars about to start distributing to them.

malik9850
July 30th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Hi Deepak

Thanks

Regards
RAVI MALIK

gary
July 31st, 2005, 06:51 PM
Indian Custom ? Paise do to sab theek hai...varna as usual ....:-(

Fir chahe Jat office ho custom pe ya koi or, this i have faced many times....after 24-hrs journey noone has courage to deal with these people....& they know it very well.

Everyone wants to get such money at custom...they do not bother to regard the feeling, for what crcumstances & why a NRI is coming back to home country.

Even their officer has accepted in front of me that they ask money....for the personal items also.

itsnavin
August 1st, 2005, 12:20 PM
Jats doesn't come into picture at IGI airport...and it's not important as well that u r jat or non-jat...what is imp. is how much u can 'extract' from a potential traveller...pity!

The moment u land at IGI, ur belonging are continuously being x-rayed by 'experienced eagle eyes' of these officers. They try anything to get some bucks from u...and to my surprise many of them don't want to be paid in rupees..they ask for $s & €s. I had a long battle with them once...finally I had to surrender..and things were settled with 1 bottle of wine.

brad
August 1st, 2005, 12:33 PM
imagine what would happen if they ask money just for allowing u to enter/exit the airport ! (in addition to the money u pay for your ticket)

i dont know if the personals i encounter on IGI is a jat or not, but chor zaroor hain.

dahiyarules
August 1st, 2005, 01:03 PM
Hahaha. I remember my last encounter with Indian Government officials, as I left India a few years ago. This Intelligence/Immigration dude was a Jat. He saw my passport, felt the embossings on my visa, glowed the holograms in the light, and then asked me: Kunse Gaam ka say chohre? I said: Kheri Asra, Chahra aali. Then he contered: O tay Chikara'an ka gaam say. I countered: Babu Nahre ka say, ma Kheri Asra Ki. Mere Nana Nani dhoray rehya karta sari haana. Tay mera gaam Kheri Asra e huya naa? He smiled and handed me back my pasport. And said: Apna Dhyan rakhiye. I felt that personal touch. Then as they screened my cabin baggage at the terminal, this time it was a whole gang of Jats. I had a small container of churmaa. hahahaha. I am laughing my ass off as I write this. The constable asked: Yo kay say? I said: Deekhta Koni? Churma say? fer bera na kad naseeb ho. Saath le kay jaaun sun. He laughed and let me move on. And then he told me: Teri galyan ek churme aala aur say. Later on he actually helped me get through, when my cabin luggage wont qualify, gien its size and weight.

So personally, I didnt have any problems with Jats at IGI. They were allthrough nice and helpful.

ozyjat
August 1st, 2005, 01:27 PM
Bhai kati sahi khaya,
main to jab bhi india jaata hun I find these guys very helpful.
Plus use your jaatu that helps.Be bold and no one will say anything.
Main to jab bhi India se aata hun and i travel three four times a year
to Air India ke radiographers ke paas chala jaata hun.Sab jaat hain aur mast hain.Andar tak chhor kar jaate hain.

And this one particular incidence happenned last time when i was leaving IGI and i had no indian currency on me, only $100 notes.To I was looking around and my flight time was approaching fast, as usual the free phones had a big line, so I decided to go ask this guy at the telephone booth in my jatu accent "ki bhaisaab koi aur phone hai yahaan mujhe mere parents ko batana hai sab theek hai(coz i was late for flight)", he goes "kunse gaam ka hai", main bolya," rohtak ka", he goes main bhi rohtak ka hi hun, le tu mereyahaan se phone kar le free mein, I just couldnt imagine how to thank him.
I made the call and this time when i go back I am gonna buy him a present.

To bhai sumit i totally agree with you.If someone says they are bad people on the Airport then tough luch, learn to talk guys and tell them you are not some Jo Blow flying in or out of india.

Hahaha. I remember my last encounter with Indian Government officials, as I left India a few years ago. This Intelligence/Immigration dude was a Jat. He saw my passport, felt the embossings on my visa, glowed the holograms in the light, and then asked me: Kunse Gaam ka say chohre? I said: Kheri Asra, Chahra aali. Then he contered: O tay Chikara'an ka gaam say. I countered: Babu Nahre ka say, ma Kheri Asra Ki. Mere Nana Nani dhoray rehya karta sari haana. Tay mera gaam Kheri Asra e huya naa? He smiled and handed me back my pasport. And said: Apna Dhyan rakhiye. I felt that personal touch. Then as they screened my cabin baggage at the terminal, this time it was a whole gang of Jats. I had a small container of churmaa. hahahaha. I am laughing my ass off as I write this. The constable asked: Yo kay say? I said: Deekhta Koni? Churma say? fer bera na kad naseeb ho. Saath le kay jaaun sun. He laughed and let me move on. And then he told me: Teri galyan ek churme aala aur say. Later on he actually helped me get through, when my cabin luggage wont qualify, gien its size and weight.

So personally, I didnt have any problems with Jats at IGI. They were allthrough nice and helpful.

shiprabaliyan
August 2nd, 2005, 07:21 AM
Sahi Kahi Bhaiyo,
they are really good and helping and asking about gaon and father mother it touch to heart. I noticed if you speak original lanuage they help you a lot.
Ar jaha thamne dude,wanna ar firangi banane ki kosis kari vahi wei thari ghobhi khod dege. Ek baat aur dyaan rakhni chave, ye aadhe kate hue nikar (shorts) na pahan ke janna chavae.

ozyjat
August 2nd, 2005, 07:42 AM
Thank you for your appreciation from me and Sumit.

Agar koi jyada angrezi banne ki koshish karta hai to wo uska aisa pheet utarte hain ki nani yaad aa jaye.

To summary is apni pehchaan badalne ki koshish nahin karni chahiye.We should be what we are deep within our heart and soul.

Sahi Kahi Bhaiyo,
they are really good and helping and asking about gaon and father mother it touch to heart. I noticed if you speak original lanuage they help you a lot.
Ar jaha thamne dude,wanna ar firangi banane ki kosis kari vahi wei thari ghobhi khod dege. Ek baat aur dyaan rakhni chave, ye aadhe kate hue nikar (shorts) na pahan ke janna chavae.

raj_rathee
August 4th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Myexperiences have been quite different !!!

Till date I have never been harassed in any way by anyone at IGI. Never
been asked for a dime !

A couple of times the guy at customs (Jat) actually inquired about me
on seeing "Rathee" in my passport..."Bhai keet ka sae..." and stuff like that.
Went out his way to be nice to me, and said.."Bhai, jee saa raaji ho
ja sae apna aadmi videsha mein tae aanta dekh ke..na tae susre
yeh Punjaabi eh dikhan daen.."

Couple of events like that...

Another event in the early 80s when I was a kid. We had returned
from the UK...with tonnes of stuff...at Bombay customs...(this
was the time where you could make a Rs1 Lakh profit on a
VCR/TV combo). We were prime targets for some "chai/paani".
It so happened that the Junior customs guy was a Jat. Dad struck
up a conversation with him on seeing his name on the shirt label.
His officer was making it clear tohim that he wanted every little
piece of our stuff opened and examined.

The Jat guy stood up for us. Said..."No, this is my guy !!..I am not
gonna open one single piece of luggage" And he didn't. All his
boss could do was look at us !

After everything was cleared my Dad handed over his (brand new)
watch to our Jat..which we was refusing to accept.

So fellas...I think there is still plenty of Jat brotherhood around.....

And oh yea...I pretty much always speek Haryanvi down there. No
Hindi.