PDA

View Full Version : Am Sorry BUT I Couldn't Resist

scotlandjat
July 31st, 2005, 03:10 AM
From Putting This Picture Up. Am Sure Colonel Tavthia and Malik Will Love It. :D :D

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/1971/Dec16/Surrender2.jpg

raj2rif
July 31st, 2005, 08:25 AM
Dear Mr. Mahlee,

This is a historic picture but the time of posting it on the net probably may not be the right one. Specially when we are likely to celebrate the independece day of the two countries. One has to be gracious and humble in victory. In the time when we are in the process of improving the relations between the two nations, it may not be right to disucss these events. These are my personal views. We are all proud of this picture and hope we get more opportunities of this nature in future.

haryanajat
July 31st, 2005, 11:35 AM
Seen this picture many times. Both generals are dead now. Great thing about That time was head of Indian armed services spearheading the drive into bangladesh were from 3 different religions. Cannot say that thing can happen ever in pakistan. Look how bangladesh is paying that debt nowdays :mad:

abhishek
July 31st, 2005, 01:45 PM
One has to be gracious and humble in victory. In the time when we are in the process of improving the relations between the two nations, it may not be right to disucss these events.
If we go by this logic, then we shouldn't celebrate independence day on the scale we do as it might hurt our erstwhile colonial masters. I also think that Diwali isnt a good idea either, Srilankans might resent our big-brotherly attitude. Liberation of Bangladesh is the only successful indian military campaign in 1000 years, so every Indian has reasons to be proud of it and flaunt it.

karans
July 31st, 2005, 01:51 PM
If we go by this logic, then we shouldn't celebrate independence day on the scale we do as it might hurt our erstwhile colonial masters. I also think that Diwali isnt a good idea either, Srilankans might resent our big-brotherly attitude. Liberation of Bangladesh is the only successful indian military campaign in 1000 years, so every Indian has reasons to be proud of it and flaunt it.

Bilkul sahee kahi bhai. UK, USA and allied countries celebrate WWII victory every year and that has not made Germans feel bad. UK just celebrated nelson's 200th Victory day over France. France does not mind it. I don't understand why Indians have this poor mentality.

Karan

raj2rif
July 31st, 2005, 08:01 PM
Bilkul sahee kahi bhai. UK, USA and allied countries celebrate WWII victory every year and that has not made Germans feel bad. UK just celebrated nelson's 200th Victory day over France. France does not mind it. I don't understand why Indians have this poor mentality.

Karan

Because of French People's attitude does not affect the social life in US. I am not saying that we don't celebrate our independence day, but this particular picture does not represent our independence day, but that of Bangladesh's. You want to celebrate their independece day, by all means kindly do that.

I have mentioned in my post that this picture is very historic and we hope we get more opportunities like that. That does not mean that we keep bragging about it. What have we done since then? We could not even translate this great military victory into a political victory. In spite of getting Shimla Agreement signed, we could not legally prevent Pakistan from raising the issue of UN resolutioin of 1947, only because we could not draft the agreement well.

I don't want to get indulge in self praise and don't want to live on past laurals. The present is the truth and we need to improve that. History should be used to learn lessons and not to live on it.

mit
July 31st, 2005, 09:31 PM
Because of French People's attitude does not affect the social life in US. I am not saying that we don't celebrate our independence day, but this particular picture does not represent our independence day, but that of Bangladesh's. You want to celebrate their independece day, by all means kindly do that.

I have mentioned in my post that this picture is very historic and we hope we get more opportunities like that. That does not mean that we keep bragging about it. What have we done since then? We could not even translate this great military victory into a political victory. In spite of getting Shimla Agreement signed, we could not legally prevent Pakistan from raising the issue of UN resolutioin of 1947, only because we could not draft the agreement well.

I don't want to get indulge in self praise and don't want to live on past laurals. The present is the truth and we need to improve that. History should be used to learn lessons and not to live on it.

I think what colonel uncle is saying is absolutely right coz we haven'nt done anything since than i mean look how pathetic attitude of our people had become they do not take any stands even when indian parliament was targeted by terrorists. i mean common we all mourn about government being stupid but did any local community any social group protest in favour of demolishing terrorist camps operated by pakistan in pok.well our armed forces keep there temper low even on the occasions when they were called back after capturing enemies territory.it's responsiblity of all of us to take stand when some thing wrong is happening in the system and a part of system suppresssed.i think we need to improve our present by takings some hard steps on our foreign policy and our actions dealing with current terrorism and other problem of our country no point in wasting time in discussing history make the present good and history will become glorious itself.