PDA

View Full Version : JAT organization in US

preity
January 16th, 2003, 08:33 PM
Since I live far away form India, I had an idea.

I live in the US and would like to create a JAT organization in the US. We can start by creating a list of people that are here and location (city and state). Depending on where the majority of the people live, we can plan to meet and keep our culture and traditions alive. I think that this will also be a great benefit for our kids and for those JATs that come to US for studies, etc.

BTW: It maybe possible for those of us that live in Canada to come to US for gatherings.

Just an idea that we can implement in the near future. What do you all say?

Priti

rsdalal
January 16th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Priti ji,
Indeed a good idea. For your information, in case you are not aware of, AJA(Association of JATS in america) is there and prety active. I have been to few gathering in NJ.
But most of jatland members are not AJA members and vice versa, so it will be agood idea to start something.

rajbirsingh
January 17th, 2003, 10:36 PM
hello,
Its good to strengthen the old Association

anurag
January 18th, 2003, 03:39 AM
It is indeed a bright idea bhabhiji. To build upon the AJA thought provided by Ranvir ji, I have following to say:
Ya AJA is active, but i feel only in a few chapters. And just organizing gathering is not enough for an assosiation. We have to go farther. I heard from one of relatives who had been here long that there used to be an AJA newsletter which used to go around. I am not sure if that still happens.

A missing link is an AJA website. If we have a basic website that would be great. Right now anybody who comes to US fresh from India does not get any info about AJA from anywhere, except if he/she is lucky enough to come across some jat who already is a member of AJA. There lies the problem.

So on the website we can have online member signup where the member can log-in, provide address info etc so that he/she can be contacted by the association in case of events that are planned in the members area of residence.

Jatland is a good source for finding jats in your area, and I personally followed this route to connect to all jat families in and around Austin when I came here. And I am happy and lucky enough to have finally made a good social circle.

But I think we still should have a separate website for AJA. To keep the intent of AJA different from jatland, AJA website should just be a forum to get updates about jats in US, sending invitations to all members for events, updates on AJA gatherings, etc ....in that manner it will not dilute the importance of Jatland and still serve its purpose.

Lets start thinking on these lines so that we donot create a new jat association but try to build upon the one which is already present and active in certain chapters. In this manner we can spread the word to other chapters and motivate them to be active as well.

-Anurag

vikramsingh24
January 18th, 2003, 04:20 PM
That seems to be a great idea and I strongly agree with Anurag that it should be started by establishing a collaboration or linkage between Jatland and the existing association in US. That will also increase the number of members on Jatland. I guess, most of the AJA memebers are not really aware about this online organization's growing strength. Ranvir must be having a better idea. I can recall couple of other people on Jatland raised this issue few weeks ago, but that idea could not made its way.
By the way, is there an AJA chapter in California.? Couple of months ago, I was trying to search American jat association on internet and I ran into Jatland.com but could not find AJA.

Also, we can think about putting jatland as an associated organization with AJA, under some kind of youth Jat association banner or some other appropriate theme.

Vikram

vivek
January 18th, 2003, 08:59 PM
I attended one of AJA functions at my cousin's house. I believe AJA is rife with politics. It had evolved into an extended family...and just like extended family there were petty quarrels, backbiting etc etc.

vivek
January 18th, 2003, 09:00 PM
I attended one of AJA functions at my cousin's house. I believe AJA is rife with politics. It had evolved into an extended family...and just like extended family there were petty quarrels, backbiting etc etc.

anurag
January 19th, 2003, 06:49 AM
Hi Vivek,

I agree with your point of view. As a matter of fact this the quality of jats, isn't it....jahan 10-15 jat ikathe hue nahin gutbaazi and politics aayee nahin....jitne thode rehwain sain, utne hi ghul mil kai rahwain sain......

We know that AJA is rife with politics and you yourself have said that it is an extended family for people. So we cannot let that family die down, we have to take right steps so that we can keep strengthening the family even amidst the rife politics.

So lets all get together and try to strengthen AJA and may be get rid from the bad things associated with it :)

cheers
Anurag

preity
January 22nd, 2003, 10:26 PM
Thanks for your input everyone. It is nice to learn about AJA’s existence. AJA does not have a website, which makes it is difficult/impossible to reach out/ communicate to people in our community that are in US. Who is in charge of AJA (president of AJA)? Do all the AJA members live in NJ or other parts of the country as well?

I guess a better approach for me would be to start out at a smaller scale and find out the names of people that live in the New England area and at a later time reach out to people in other parts of the country. Maybe some of us can start doing the same in there areas (e.g.; CA, TX, etc) if they have the time to do so.

Priti

ram
January 23rd, 2003, 11:12 PM
AJA is there in Texas but like Anurag Kadian says it is badly divided due to poeple's ego and other politics but Jats here do meet in small groups.

schikara
February 20th, 2003, 09:01 AM
PritiJi,

I have personally been to AJA's meeting's which are a lot of fun. You are right we need a website for AJA and then it has sub-chapters representing each major region of US. I think you will find the majority of the JAT families residing in New England States. AJA sends a list of all JATs in USA annually around Diwali time. You should get hold of that and yes we should definately think about a website.

Great Idea.
Sharad

ssingh
March 11th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Well, what's the consensus then? I think we should organize a get together....I live in North New Jersey, just in case...

lrburdak
March 11th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Welcome Sumita,
To the jat land.

ranjitjat
March 11th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Sumita ji
Welcome
Nice idea
Laxman ji aur ham bhi ayagay London sy.
cheers

preity
March 14th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Hello,

Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while. I just came back from India. I visited Gurgaon and Delhi for the first time and really enjoyed my trip.

Mr. Chikara has given me the name and phone number of the AJA president East Chapter. I plan to call him this weekend to discuss our idea for a get together and possibly obtain a list of AJA members in the New England area. I don’t want to start a new JAT organization when one already exists. We would also need to get the names and e-mail of the people that are on this website (jatland.com) from the member directory.

Once we obtain the final list of people, I would like to send out an e-mail to the group (hopefully not leaving out anyone) for a summer get together (possible in May, June, or July). Members of Jatland community will be posted regarding our plans via jatland.com.

The get together will serve as an initial ice breaker and to get input from people on what they would like to do as part of the JAT organization (for future events). Depending on how things go, I was thinking of maybe holding a summer picnic (we can have games like volleyball, cricket, etc). Since the majority of JAT families live in the New England states, we may have a good turn out. If you all have any ideas/ suggestions and/or would like to help me in organizing, please e-mail me.

Priti

ssiwach
March 14th, 2003, 10:01 PM
It's really good to start to get together but there should be NO POLITICS PLZ.
I left message to someone in AJA but never received any response from them. I might have contacted the wrong person .

sweet
April 3rd, 2003, 02:38 PM
count me in plz, i wud like to become a part of this jat association ,

regards...........

guliayaj100
April 3rd, 2003, 09:51 PM
Carry on Preeti ji. Aap US me sambhalo hum India mein.

rakesh_sehrawat
April 13th, 2003, 11:48 AM
hi priti
that is an great idea n best of luck 4 this kind job

rkumar
April 14th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Priti Shokeen (Mar 14, 2003 11:24 a.m.):
Hello,

Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while. I just came back from India. I visited Gurgaon and Delhi for the first time and really enjoyed my trip.

Mr. Chikara has given me the name and phone number of the AJA president East Chapter. I plan to call him this weekend to discuss our idea for a get together and possibly obtain a list of AJA members in the New England area. I don’t want to start a new JAT organization when one already exists. We would also need to get the names and e-mail of the people that are on this website (jatland.com) from the member directory.

Once we obtain the final list of people, I would like to send out an e-mail to the group (hopefully not leaving out anyone) for a summer get together (possible in May, June, or July). Members of Jatland community will be posted regarding our plans via jatland.com.

The get together will serve as an initial ice breaker and to get input from people on what they would like to do as part of the JAT organization (for future events). Depending on how things go, I was thinking of maybe holding a summer picnic (we can have games like volleyball, cricket, etc). Since the majority of JAT families live in the New England states, we may have a good turn out. If you all have any ideas/ suggestions and/or would like to help me in organizing, please e-mail me.

Priti

Dear Priti,

Mr Sandeep Sahrawat Is the secretary of the association in USA and his email address is;

Sahrawat, Sandeep
E-mail Address(es):
sandeep.sahrawat@bankofamerica.com

The association is very active and they circulate very useful information to all its members.

Regards
Rajendra

preity
April 26th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Update:

I have contacted a bunch of Jatland members regarding a get together sometime this summer – probably in July. Everyone has responded with enthusiasm and is interested in participating. I have also contacted Sandeep Sahrawat (AJA secretary) who forwarded to me an additional list of people that live in the New England area that are not Jatland members. I still need to contact them.

I think we may have enough people participating for a nice turn out and friendly get together. Since this will be an initial meeting, I welcome ideas for the get together (as I am also new to all this). If you have not heard from me via e-mail or in person regarding the plans for the summer and live in the New England area, please send me an e-mail to preityshokeen@yahoo.com so that I can add your name to the list.

I have also learned that there will be a summer picnic in NJ around the same time (not sure about the details of this event). Although we plan to attend the event in NJ, it may be a good idea to keep a separate get together for the New Englanders who may not wish to travel all the way to NJ. What do you think?

That’s all folks! Will keep you all posted on this matter.

Priti ;-)

sindhu
May 18th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Hello,

Everybody, It is a very good idea for a get together of our community living in USA and Canada, or its local chapters everywhere. I have atteneded two of the meetings of AJA in two different areas. Though the politics is sometimes an issue but it is something we have to live with.

Introducing sports and cultural activites will be really great, it will bring the community members more closer.

Such events will be necessary to become a close knit community specially when we live scattered in places other than India.

But lot more work had to be done in this regard

Thanks

A S Sindhu

krishan
May 19th, 2003, 08:13 PM
--------------------------------------------
(Since I live far away form India, I had an idea.
I live in the US and would like to create a JAT organization in the US. We can start by creating a list of people that are here and location (city and state). Depending on where the majority of the people live, we can plan to meet and keep our culture and traditions alive. I think that this will also be a great benefit for our kids and for those JATs that come to US for studies, etc.

BTW: It maybe possible for those of us that live in Canada to come to US for gatherings.

Just an idea that we can implement in the near future. What do you all say?

Priti
---------------------------------------------
Priti Ji thank you very much. Idea is very good and again thanks for invitation. But we Canadian can only come if you American help us to find a job and green card/work permit.

ranjitjat
May 19th, 2003, 08:56 PM
LAY BHAI- KIRSHAN
KATI ROG KAT DIYA
YAH TO BAH LADOO HAE JO KHA GA VAH BHI PACHTAV- NAHI KHAV VAH BHI.
HAMANY- LAXMANJI NY TO RTN- AIR TICKET HI MAGI THI>
CANADA -VALO NY GREENCARD HI MAG LIYA.

krishan
May 19th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Dudee Sahib Namaste,

Ma aapko wo reality suna raha hun, jo hamare bade budhon ne sunae thee. Pehle jab gam basa tha, to thode aadmi the. us time kya hua karta, od aur musalmaan aa jaate aur loot le jate. logo ne bataya ki hamari jat biradri ke kuch log padosh ke gam Rampur ma bi rehte the wo bahut jayada the. Gam walo ne sochi kyon nahi kuch bhai rampur se bula liye jaye. Unki panchayat rampur gae aur unse kaha ke bhai chalo hamare gam ma chalo, hame aapki jarurat hai. rampur ke bade aadmi ikkate ho gaye aur kaha ke bhai, chal to padenge par aap apne ghar ma se gahr do aur jamin ma se jamin do to chal padenge. Wo raji ho gaye aur is tarah unhone aapna bachaw kiya oddon se aur musalmano se. issi tarah bhai agar tum chaudhrahat chahte ho to phir naukri bi dilwani padegi aur work permit/green card bhi dilwana padega.

amitshokeen
May 20th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Bhai Krishan Dahiya

Idhar hum milan kathir bula rahe heine. Bhai marji ho tu aajo warna apne apne gham mein mauj maro. Kynuno thik sa na.
Aade koi muslmano me loot tu macha na rakhi

krishan
May 21st, 2003, 09:50 AM
Rah Bhole bhai,

11 September ho liya, ar tu ebi nu kah sa, loot na macha rakhi. Ar eba ta hon e lag raha, motor kit ja ke ditegi, iska na bera. Sari duniya tumhare se nafrat karti hai. Koi viswash nahi karta. ye to bhai hum padosi hain, isliye saram karni padti hai, warna tum log to bagair swarath ke kisi se baat bi nahi karte. Khair koi baat nahi, abhi tune bahut kuch dekhna hai, Bhagwan sabko sukh shanti de.

Om shanti shanti

amitshokeen
May 21st, 2003, 07:27 PM
Bhai Kridhan jaab itni hi nafrat hai tu kyuno dukhi ho rahe hu . Green Card, work visa kathir. Bhai ya tu wahi baat ho gayi Angoor Kathe Seine.
Chalo Koi baat nahi mauj maro aapne apne gham meine

krishan
May 21st, 2003, 07:57 PM
Orange alert ho raha sai, khayal rakhiye.

rsdalal
May 21st, 2003, 08:46 PM
Jat ne te JAT ke help karni e chahiye.
Dahiya sahab, let us know, if any one here can do any help. Wase Career section me kafee achhe discussion hai immigration(to many countries) ke bare me.

krishan
May 21st, 2003, 10:59 PM
Dalal Sahib,

Ye hue na jaton wali baat. Dalal sahib asal ma to ma bi itna serious nahi hun. Ye to casually batt ho jati hai. Canada is very peaceful country. Economy is doing great in G7 countries. The onlything is cold. Anyway Dalal sahib thank you very much for co-operation.

a_rahar
May 23rd, 2003, 07:32 AM
Sandeep Saharawat is a real nice person and you'll love his wife and their daughter too.

Ashu