PDA

View Full Version : haryanavi the crudest dialect on this planet.

misguidedyouth
August 4th, 2005, 04:31 PM
dear jatland members shouldn't we object this??

please give your comments on the Language section of the following link

http://www.indiasite.com/haryana/religion.html

gaganjat
August 4th, 2005, 04:41 PM
S/He wrote the following:

The most striking feature of Haryana is its language itself; or rather, the manner in which it is spoken. Popularly known as Haryanavi (and ridiculously as Bangru or Jutu), it is perhaps the crudest dialect on this planet. Simply put, Haryanavi hurts.
Trying to speak Haryanavi can be fairly simple for he who speaks Hindi, but no one would really want to. It’s jarring. It’s crude. It’s also hilarious, if you look at it from the right angle. Trying going to Gurgaon from Delhi in a local (and smelly) bus, and you’ll know the difference.

My conclusion:
'Writer has gone through really bad times' :courtesy-JATS

A real life example:
I had a really short lecturer in my uni who must have been bullied by tall guys in his younger days. He was particularly bad towards me and couple of other tall guys in my class, without any reason.

ramksehrawat
August 4th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the link Ravinder. I have sent an e-mail to the site owners to remove the comments at once and offer apologies. Let's see what action they take.

itsnavin
August 4th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Take Care While Dealing With The Locals

Don’t ever try and argue with an elderly (possibly dhoti clad) man from Haryana. Commonly known as tau or uncle (can be the bus driver, shopkeeper, barber, butcher, local politician, house servant, whoever), he can turn real nasty before you can say "I’m sorry." And don’t worry if he abuses you too; it’s all in the language. Just don’t abuse him back if you’re from another country, or even from another state!

Another interesting section...

Writer must be some Punjabi...they hate Haryanvi speaking guys..the max!

Long live Harynavi and long live TAUs!!

brad
August 5th, 2005, 04:33 AM
forget abt punjabis, even jats from other state dont like haryanvi.

jasbirhooda
August 5th, 2005, 02:08 PM
whenever i see or hear such things i just enjoy it. :)
but see
i met here in bangal a student who have done his b tech from ku.
he told me that he wish he would have been a jat from haryana.he said that he can't tolerate anything against haryana .for four years he was like a guest there.(he showed me a diary full of meanings of haryanvi language.)
this is not possible anywhere else.
people of haryana just can not be matched.but problem with the world is that we people do not pay attention to too much formalities.(we can call anyone by tu)
haryana is like a coconut.
hard from out side and sweet from inside.
aur navin bhai teri guess bahut hi badhiya hai.you must be right.panjabi. :)
jai haryana ,jai haryanvi.

abhirana
August 5th, 2005, 06:19 PM
if you read the whole article
it says wrong not only about haryana
but our country also ,it seems that this
site has been developed by some frustrated
nri ,who has been given a ride by one of our tau
or any jat bhai
anyways what this site says is totally rubbish
and we should not concentrate on this
rest everybody knows what Jats are

shailendra
August 5th, 2005, 09:02 PM
I hope the writer has a run in with some Haryanvi once again (and looks like it may happen sooner than later if the person persists with this language debate!)....and by gosh hope the Haryanvi tramples him thru the holy dialect dust and grinds whatever cultural confusion there exists, out of him completely and once and for all :cool: !!!

rkumar
August 5th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Bhaiyon, Haryanvi language is like Dessi ka pauaa...sabse yeh language enjoy nahi ki ja saktee...damdar logon ki damdar bhasa hai yeh...I just love it.

RK^2

poonam
August 5th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Guys …chill! Its evident that the tone of the entire write up is very sour and its likely that the writer must have had some encounter of some sort with a haryanvi jat.
But take a look at the facts…….lets not be biased (being a Jat we won’t tolerate anything against it….understandable)
Isn’t language a striking feature of Haryana? And don’t you think the dialect is crude (lath sa mare sae :) ). I concur with this opinion but mind you not with the intention its written with, the negative feeling it entails. The key bone of contention is when he says ‘it hurts’ and ‘no one would want to speak haryanvi’.
Speaking for myself I’m also a jat from haryana and would abhor any such thing which hurts our pride. I love my language. The dialect is superb. It gives a feeling of 'rough and tough'..which so true of a typical jat. Kati dhooma tha de sae! :D

rkumar
August 5th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Tone and wordings of a language has to do a lot with the profession of people. In trade and diplomacy they need deceptive and sweet language. I a straight forward profession like farming where one had to deal with jhotta and beils most of the time, one gets used to rough and lathmar language. This is why haryanvi and western UP hindi is called khadi bolli also. Language spoken around Bawli in western UP is even harder than Haryanvi. ..khair kuch bhi ho, upne me me unique language hai...nothing like this anywhere in the world..

RK^2

shwetashokeen
August 5th, 2005, 10:56 PM
manne isi-2 baatan pe ghana cho uthya kare....i just can't stand it....who the hell are they to say anything abt our language....college me kade koe jaatan ke baare me kuch ulta kah diya karta te main nahi chodya karti usne..i just love my language and i'm proud of it.....

anujkumar
August 5th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Tone and wordings of a language has to do a lot with the profession of people. In trade and diplomacy they need deceptive and sweet language. I a straight forward profession like farming where one had to deal with jhotta and beils most of the time, one gets used to rough and lathmar language. This is why haryanvi and western UP hindi is called khadi bolli also.

jib kissi aalsi tai kaam kurwana pade to lath naa to lath mar boli honi chahiye..jo kaan se khade hoja..

I think that's a good argument about the origins of the this dialect.. This goes in general between poor and rich.. afterall sanskar kee chinta bhee tabhee hoti hai jub pet bhura ho..

but people are in to farming all over the world, south india for example, still they are soft spoken.

Language spoken around Bawli in western UP is even harder than Haryanvi.
RK^2
Bawli kee boli mai aisa kya khas hai,,, muzhe to kuch naya nahee lagta.. "des" walo kee boli me..aapka koi experience lagta hai.

I more comment:

I think Jat's in haryana are specially hard to strangers. Gao me jib char jane baith kai hoka piye.. to to rus saa ghula rah juban me.. waise UP me khuch urdu ke sabd chalte hai.. uska kuch fayad hota hai I think.

raj_rathee
August 5th, 2005, 11:28 PM
manne isi-2 baatan pe ghana cho uthya kare....i just can't stand it....who the hell are they to say anything abt our language....college me kade koe jaatan ke baare me kuch ulta kah diya karta te main nahi chodya karti usne..i just love my language and i'm proud of it.....

Ah ha !!! Now we are talking...This is one tough "take no nonsense", "I'll shoot
when I please" Jatni we can ever hope to find this side of the Pacific !

You go girl !!!

raj_rathee
August 5th, 2005, 11:52 PM
I guess it goes without saying that we all love this language...and those
of us who have some facility with it can testify to its immense powers
of communication as well as intimidation.

I completely disagree with any statement that the language is "lath maar". I do
not think that the language is "lath maar". I think the people who speak it
are "laath maar". And since these two are closely associated, the language itself
has taken on the "lath maar" qualities.

I believe I can say the same things in Haryanvi without appearing as "lath maar".
A lot just depends on the tone and inflection. Try the following:

"Bhai, mada sa sarak eeye. Tunnae tae saari seat gher raakhi sae."

I can say the same thing very politely and courteously as well as in a very
"in your face" manner as well. For a Hindi, but non-haryanvi speaker,
the only bone of contention here might be the use of the word "tunnae".
But I think that stems from inbuilt bias in Hindi speakers against "tu",
"tunnae" etc. If that bias was not there, there is nothing wrong with the words
themselves. Most of our folks use "tu", "tunae" etc for their parents and so on.
I mean if we tell an Angrez guy that "tunnae" means "you", that's all it
will imply to him, right ?

So don't buy these arguments about our language being "lath maar". It
simply ain't true. We are "lath maar".

That aside, the quality of a language is judged by its ability
to communicate and express. If anyone can argue that Haryanvi falls
short in anyways in that arena, I'd like to hear it.

poonam
August 6th, 2005, 12:17 AM
So don't buy these arguments about our language being "lath maar". It
simply ain't true. We are "lath maar".

True! But we can’t segregate speakers from the language or the dialect per se. Its seen in totality and that’s the reason its perceived as crude or ‘lath maar’.

rkumar
August 6th, 2005, 12:28 AM
That aside, the quality of a language is judged by its ability
to communicate and express. If anyone can argue that Haryanvi falls
short in anyways in that arena, I'd like to hear it.

Rathi Bhai,

Language is nothing but coded sound. Quality of sound to ears is very important as that decides the final effect. Ultimate judge of the quality of language is the person who listens. Adding notes to spoken language certainly makes it soothing or hard to ears. May be this is why you won't hear of classical singers in Haryanvi language....LOL.. I think every language has its plus points. If Urdu is good for gazals and shairee, english is good for technical writing. Think of medicine being taught in Hindi or Haryanvi... This can be illustrated further by comparing with computer languages I suppose. So in conclusion, Haryan serves its purpose for the people who speak it and for the purpose they speak it. It coveys the message most effectively....same thing can not be conveyed so effectively in Urdu.

RK^2

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 12:31 AM
True! But we can’t segregate speakers from the language or the dialect per se. Its seen in totality and that’s the reason its perceived as crude or ‘lath maar’.

Oh absolutely ! Like I said that association exists. So in terms of the "perception",
the language itself is seen to be "lath maar". But it ain't really.

Now, let me step back and be critical of my own thoughts.

If we "lath maar" haryanvees started solely speaking another language, would
it become "lath maar" ? That's is an interesting question, isn't it ?
If the answer is "no", then I am completely wrong.

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Rathi Bhai,

Language is nothing but coded sound. Quality of sound to ears is very important as that decides the final effect. Ultimate judge of the quality of language is the person who listens. Adding notes to spoken language certainly makes it soothing or hard to ears. May be this is why you won't hear of classical singers in Haryanvi language....LOL

RK^2

Yuup...Gotta agree with that. That's absolutely true.
And, as an aside, thank God (or the equivalent for atheists), we don't have
any classical singers.....
:D

poonam
August 6th, 2005, 01:30 AM
If we "lath maar" haryanvees started solely speaking another language, would
it become "lath maar" ? That's is an interesting question, isn't it ?
If the answer is "no", then I am completely wrong.

Indeed an interesting question and unpredictable too! Hard to say what would be the answer?

A haryanvi jat of ‘tu kae aade DC lag rya sae’ fame starts speaking urdu which is considered a very polite language (lets consider Indian languages only here…) ‘janaab pehle aap’…looks weird…hard to imagine. There you are right.
But then perhaps a haryanvi speaking jat who is conditioned and adapted to a different , more ‘sophisticated' environment might end up speaking very refined urdu and still harsh haryanvi.
That’s the whole crux. Its not an isolated effect and there is a significant contribution from the styles and the mannerism and usage of words in any particular language as well. So its also gotta do with what language you are speaking, to some extent.

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Rathi Bhai,

If Urdu is good for gazals and shairee, english is good for technical writing. Think of medicine being taught in Hindi or Haryanvi... This can be illustrated further by comparing with computer languages I suppose. So in conclusion, Haryan serves its purpose for the people who speak it and for the purpose they speak it. It coveys the message most effectively....same thing can not be conveyed so effectively in Urdu.

RK^2

Chaccha, I don't think there is anything inherent in the languages that gives
them one quality or another. It may seem that way because of the language
spoken by the originating innovators.

I do not think there is anything inherent in English language that makes it better
suited for science and technology. Rather, it just so happens that it is the
language of those people who have in recent times become the foremost
innovators in science and technology, namely the English speaking world. So
it seems that way. The terminology for modern day computer science
has been coined in English, and hence it seems that English is the most
appropriate language for it. Had it been coined in Haryanvi, it would have
seemed that English is awkward for it.

I think the same goes for Ghazals and so on.....

If it were provably true that merely speaking a langauge makes us better suited
to some skill set, than that would infact be quite a remarkable discovery. If
speaking Urdu were to make us better at all things of the heart (for instance),
and speaking Haryanvi makes us better at all things related to valour
and courage, or speaking Hindi/Sanskrit were to make us great thinkers in
spiritual matters...then I'd say that would indeed be fascinating and would
dictate the language we'd need to learn for the direction we want to go into.

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 01:48 AM
But then perhaps a haryanvi speaking jat who is conditioned and adapted to a different , more ‘sophisticated' environment might end up speaking very refined urdu and still harsh haryanvi.

Well yes, we already know that to be true I suppose. We all speak English..and
those of us living in foreigh lands for some time, can speak it with the
same mannerisms, tone and inflections as the native speakers.

Yet when we speak Haryanvi we speak it in the same "dhansu" manner
as we have always done (and on purpose most of the time).

I guess there are a lot of "chicken and egg" issues here.

I suppose in practical terms we need to ask ourselves if our "langauge" is
limiting us in anyway. Does it limit our ability to think intellectually ? How
much of a barrier is it when we interact with outsiders and so on.

But then again this whole issue becomes pretty moot in this modern age
when we are becoming multi-lingual. Most of us will now speak
Hindi, English and Haryanvi and that should cover a broad spectrum
of our needs.

So in practical terms, like Chachka RK said, choose the langauge for the
desired purpose. In the mean time language/neuro-science researchers
can figure out of if the language itself provides us with any enhanced abilities in
selected fields of endeavor.

poonam
August 6th, 2005, 01:54 AM
In the mean time language/neuro-science researchers
can figure out of if the language itself provides us with any enhanced abilities in
selected fields of endeavor.

I doubt that!! :)

{per kuchh na bera ho bhi sake sae....in chinese ne dekh lyo....shuu shaa kare jaa sae...err saare ke phail reh sae...you name any dome they are there... :eek: }

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 02:05 AM
I doubt that!! :)

You never know ! Personally, I wouldn't be so sceptical.

But let me add something to my own post.

It is true that science and knowledge is built on the existing foundations
of science and knowledge. Most research is incremental. We use what we know
already to look for new knowledge. And our knowledge and our practice of
it is often in the language in which the previous knowledge was based. Hence,
when it comes to science we "think and reason" in English these days.

I remeber that I learnt my math tables in Haryanvi (char dunee aath,
non panje puntaales"...unfortunately it stopped at 12...he he he), and to
this day I can only do math in that language (mentally). Can't do it in
English.

I think some Indian philosopher said that we can only think in terms
of what we already know. It is impossible to think something out of the blue
that is not based on existing thoughts/knowledge.
Taking that to be true, Haryanvi suffers from some serious drawbacks...namely
lack of precedent in terms of major science/social intellectual pursuits.

vinodks
August 6th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Hi,
I think the impression that Haryanavi is crude is more becuz of tone and implied meaning that speaker intends to convey not the language itself....
but still language itself might inherently have 'coarse' quality affecting perception of listener...
So what if you try to speak in Haryanavi to American who doesn't understand a word and ask is this language sweet or not? I tried that after this post and the guy didn't know what to say... so I think its not just sound or words but meaning, contruction of sentences, choice of words, tone and mood of speaker and speaker's impression on listener etc play bigger... I love Haryanavi and I think it evolved to serve its purpose in culture of which agriculture and wars were main features...

vinod

As a digression:
Finally I strongly disagree with Rajendraji's statement that English is more suited for medicines and technical writing... It seems so becuz all the names were invented by English speaking people and we read these subjects in English from childhood but it ain't so...
The greatest language in world, for all purposes, science or literature, is Sanskrit... Sanskrit was used by Aryabhata, Bhaskar, Varahmihir and lot of other scientist and mathematician to represent mathematical formulae and equation in VERSES till 1200AD

Grammarical rules of Sanskrit have similar structure as computer languages like C, so its also good for computation too.... in fact scientists argue that Backus-Naur Form of programming should be renamed as Backus-Panini Form becuz similar form was invented by the greatest linguist ever, Panini, 2000 years back.... Following article in NATURE gives idea about how sanskrit was used to represent no. and that also in rhythmic and rhymed verses....

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v414/n6866/full/414851a_fs.html

Sorry for digression....

poonam
August 6th, 2005, 02:23 AM
You never know ! Personally, I wouldn't be so sceptical.

But let me add something to my own post.

It is true that science and knowledge is built on the existing foundations
of science and knowledge. Most research is incremental. We use what we know
already to look for new knowledge. And our knowledge and our practice of
it is often in the language in which the previous knowledge was based. Hence,
when it comes to science we "think and reason" in English these days.

I remeber that I learnt my math tables in Haryanvi (char dunee aath,
non panje puntaales"...unfortunately it stopped at 12...he he he), and to
this day I can only do math in that language (mentally). Can't do it in
English.

I think some Indian philosopher said that we can only think in terms
of what we already know. It is impossible to think something out of the blue
that is not based on existing thoughts/knowledge.
Taking that to be true, Haryanvi suffers from some serious drawbacks...namely
lack of precedent in terms of major science/social intellectual pursuits.

This discussion can go forever. I’m having some more ideas popping up in my mind .
Per kati saturate ho liye sae.
Language might affect the abilities in some subtle ways but I don’t think on broader spectrum we can speculate any drastic differences in terms of the IQ level , the analytical capabilities and so on. Nevertheless, I guess good idea to do some literature search on this. Would share with you guys if I’ll find something worthwhile.
Eeb jaa soon…..kade mere IQ level pe kuchh asar hoja.. :D

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Nevertheless, I guess good idea to do some literature search on this. Would share with you guys if I’ll find something worthwhile.
Eeb jaa soon…..kade mere IQ level pe kuchh asar hoja.. :D

Theek sae Daakturnee ji....Kucch literature mein tae bera paatae tae
jaroor bata diyo...lekin the field is really vast and complex...might be
hard to find any answers.....

Mahara IQ level pe tae Jitna asar hona tha ho liye. Iss tae nicche tae dooban ta raha....

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Hi,
I think the impression that Haryanavi is crude is more becuz of tone and implied meaning that speaker intends to convey not the language itself....
but still language itself might inherently have 'coarse' quality affecting perception of listener...
So what if you try to speak in Haryanavi to American who doesn't understand a word and ask is this language sweet or not? I tried that after this post and the guy didn't know what to say... so I think its not just sound or words but meaning, contruction of sentences, choice of words, tone and mood of speaker and speaker's impression on listener etc play bigger... I love Haryanavi and I think it evolved to serve its purpose in culture of which agriculture and wars were main features...

vinod

There you go ! Our inhouse researcher right on top of things...
Vinod, woh Gora bhaaz kae table ke nicche tae na luk gaya ?

bharatrattan
August 6th, 2005, 03:25 AM
Dear Friends,
Apart from these factors, one of the most important considerations is the reputation of its speakers. Their deeds, adventure and misadventure all contribute to how the ‘internal alarm’ is raised when a non Haryanvi speaker hears the 'madhur' Haryanvi.
Along the Delhi Agra railway route, Jat villagers from Brij jump inside the train compartment for their free ride. When the ticket checker ask for the ticket, they reply in haryanvi the essence of which I am only capable of writing in Hindi. They tell, ‘ticket yahhen dekhega ki akele mein dikhayoon?’ And so the checker gets the message.

In a similar way the Head of the Primary Health Centre at Ballabgargh, told the whole class group that Jats were rascals. I had no choice but to chew those bitter words. He told that when Chaudhary Charan Singh became prime minister, the local villagers used to come directly on his table (no OPD, no card, no concept of working hours, they even made him come out of his house in midnight). They often held him by his collars and warned him in true ‘madhur’ haryanvi ‘Beticho… teri Maa Khasa.. kar denge, Chaudhary sahab ka raaj hai…,samjha…’ . After that he made special provision to make the health facility inaccessible to Jats. He avoided establishing DOTS, tuberculosis dispensing centers in Jat villages or established them involving the non-jat members of the same village.

You can not run away from these factors. This may be an exaggeration… only to emphasize that our past has a role in making people interpret our identity, our attitude, and most importantly our language.
Bharat

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 04:28 AM
You can not run away from these factors. This may be an exaggeration… only to emphasize that our past has a role in making people interpret our identity, our attitude, and most importantly our language.
Bharat

What you say is very true Bharat, and also a sad reflection on our community
as well.

However, any link with the language itself is dubious.

These are stereotypical impressions that we form based on our experiences. The
langauge itself is irrelevent. The same behaviour could be done by Urdu
speaking individuals and the outcome will be the same. Based on our
experiences our minds "pattern match" our observations into stereotypes.

If we constantly see Blacks on TV in anything criminal. soon we develop
a seterotype about all blacks....and then anything associated with them
reflects in our perception of them.

We get cheated by a Bania once. It's okay. But a few times...and then we
start thinking all Banias are cheaters. And then we start seeing their
"language/dialect" as that of cheaters. If these gangsters start wearing green
clothes everytime and they go smashing stuff and abusing people, then green
clothes will reflect such behaviour.

Remeber Pavlov and his experiments with the dog.....

So the problem in what you describe is not in our language, but in our
people themselves.

bharatrattan
August 6th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Dear Raj and other friends,
Continuing from my last thread......
With more and more Jat youths resorting to anti-social activities, this situation is worsening. One of the prime reasons is Lack of education. The conflicts created by slogans of Bravery in our culture force them to join the “gang culture”. With no real material evidence to support the high heads of Jats, the pride has become mockery and they have no choice but to glorify mafia hood and indulge in coercive ways to earn sustenance.
We should not pit ourselves in front of Rajputs, Baniyas and Brahmins. Concocting history and raising banners of "jat mahan, Jat tufan" does not work beyond a certain stage in society.
Our identity is based on the values of an agrarian society, which is universally similar to other such societies. Farmers are by nature rustic, blunt, straightforward, honest and impolitic.

Language is an important aspect of our identity. But we must not let it work against us. If you are at disadvantage be ready to adapt accordingly. You can not force a person to believe that you are polite. My personal experience is that our language is used by reckless goons, resulting in damage to our image. We are considered easy targets that can be made to act by means of provocation. We are considered hostile. If a Jat finds you speaking in soft manner, he will readily pass a remark: doodh nahin piya kya, roti na khayee se ke..
NONSENSE…

We must expunge some of these slogans, which serve the purpose of teasing and insulting others….and prove by our hard work that we remain the most successful invading race in India.
In this modern time good ideas shape the destiny of Individuals. English is the gateway to modern western education on which the academic success heavily depends. We must glorify English and Academics.
Speak what suits the situation.
Regards,
Bharat

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 05:13 AM
We must expunge some of these slogans, which serve the purpose of teasing and insulting others….and prove by our hard work that we remain the most successful invading race in India.
In this modern time good ideas shape the destiny of Individuals. English is the gateway to modern western education on which the academic success heavily depends. We must glorify English and Academics.
Speak what suits the situation.
Regards,
Bharat

Dot on target Bharat.

At the end of the day thumping one's own chest serves little purpose other than to
become the source of ridicule and antagonising others. Our deeds and actions
need to be the ultimate language. Success itself will make the language
respected. Its that simple.

And I agree with the English part in toto. Have been advocating this to anyone
who would listen....

If I remember correctly Chautala had raised this...about having English right
from primary level...and the Khaki kacchewaalas and BJP types made
some ruckus. Don't know what happened after that.

These people want all the rest of us to rot in their Sanskrit/Hindi hell, while
they send their kids to posh English medium schools.

sukhbirsingh
August 6th, 2005, 05:27 AM
it look bad if somebody say like this about our culture. Well they have not mentioned very good things about haryana, The hospitality of people of haryana and The heart of peoples of haryana and so many lives the peoples of haryana has given for this nation. Well I have e mailed I think they will improve their website. Otherwise if any legal option is their then that can also be tried for such persons because he is humiliating two crores of people by writting like this.

vinodks
August 6th, 2005, 09:41 AM
These people want all the rest of us to rot in their Sanskrit/Hindi hell, while
they send their kids to posh English medium schools.

Rathee saheb, when did Hindi and Sanskrit language become hell? If you don't know how to appreciate our root languages you should atleast avoid making anglicized thoughts public.. I am not saying that childern should be tought these language at the cost of English.. English is very important language but blindly praising English and looking down at our own languages shows one's lack of pride in their own culture and thus breeds generation of Anglophiles...
I think childern should be tought both Hindi/Sanskrit(and local language e.g. for South India) and English....

Vinod

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Rathee saheb, when did Hindi and Sanskrit language become hell?
Vinod

You caught me there Vinod !
I was vigorously emphasing the need to learn English and it came out
the wrong way. Didn't mean to put down Sanskirt or Hindi in any way.
That was not the intention. On the contrary I always advocate learning
as many languages as possible. So, sorry for that.

Ahem patham pathanti....

vinodks
August 6th, 2005, 10:19 AM
You caught me there Vinod !
I was vigorously emphasing the need to learn English and it came out
the wrong way. Didn't mean to put down Sanskirt or Hindi in any way.
That was not the intention. On the contrary I always advocate learning
as many languages as possible. So, sorry for that.

Ahem patham pathanti....

Edited

Rathee Mahodaya, chinta ma kuru(don't worry), bhavaan atee samyak vadati(what you are saying is right) angrezi bhash api ati saravastu asti.(English also is important language)
kripyaa aksayamtam yadi mum samskrit bhasha apakara asti:-)
(If my sentences are incorrect please excuse me:-)

punarah drakshyamah,(See you again)
vinod:-))))))))))))))))

raj_rathee
August 6th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Rathee Mahodaya, chinta ma kuru, bhavaan atee samyak vadati. angrezi bhash api ati saravastu asti.
aksayamtam yadi mum samskrit bhasha apakara asti:-)

punarah drakshyamah,
vinod

Hey ! Now that's really unfair. I already exposed all the Sanskrit
I knew...so now you are taking me for a ride.... :)

gaganjat
August 6th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Haryanvi leads to 'heavy accent' in english, which most of the english speaking people find very impressive and very different from typical Indian accent.
Harvanvi speaking Jats are blessed with wonderful english accent.

jitendershooda
August 6th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Another interesting section...

Writer must be some Punjabi...they hate Haryanvi speaking guys..the max!

Long live Harynavi and long live TAUs!!

Naveen ye Punjabi bade kasute hon hein ....HATE karen Haryanvi te er jib kite Punjabi balak south mein ya haryane te bahar padhan jaan te HARYANVI ka paryog aapne bachav tahi bhi kare hein ......

jitendershooda
August 6th, 2005, 10:14 PM

Good Strong words from a Jatni...

Why Haryanvi is recognised so much is because of mixture of
SOUND + ACTION ....

Samne aale ne bera hai ek ib te BOL e SOLID tha er jae kime galti kar di aage te ACTION ( DHAMA DHAM ) bhi ho jyagi tagaje te ....

Dev Dahiya ji ka Signature bhi se na ......Justice Action Truth ...... its true ....

Haryanvi ka jahan tak sawal hai its not rude but its strong and Rattan what you told is the wrong use of Haryanvi .... that is a different thing ...

We can use haryanvi in a good manner also without abusing others ...and once in one thread Jagmohan malik ji has written na ki is jisa swad konya ....

ek cheej ke itne pryayvachi kite nahi milenge ..... jooti ...litar ....khosda ...patyan ... chapli ....

baat se paryog mein lyan ki ....

Rattan you are right in your saying that now a days the jaat youth is moving towards gangs and crime ...that is because of unemployment and our attitude not to go for small businesses like that of other castes ... but dheere dheere ye bhi badal rahi hai ..... and jats are coming with time ...

Mene hade south mein dekhya ek these people are very much preserving their culture .. language and donot feel bad about their language too and wearings .... aapni haryanvi ke inki kich kich ( Bera na bhai ke SANI SI KAT DEN HEIN .... Tygar(the mixture prepared of sand and water to be used as building material instead of cement) bana den hein mere bate ) te bhi bhundi se ke .... na bhai but the only problem with us is that some of us feels shame in speaking haryanvi ....

Just like Dhruv here in this site even from bombay is using such a good haryanvi and english and i donot think that he will be facing any problem of it ....

It is good to go for english but leaving haryanvi is not at all good ...

I worked in chandigarh the sardars always use punjabi while talking to their collegues in office and the same with these south indians ..... then why we are having mind in a fix about using it while conversation with our haryanvis may be in office or at other places publically ....

Kime kaho bhai kae din jib hojya na aangreji mein muh chikdate ...haryanvi bolan aale dhoondya karun mein te ... er jee saaa aajya hai ...

Bharat have you heard haryanvi ragni of Mehar singh and can you find any other alternate in laguages to be more expressive than our's to motivate a person for patriotism ....

Er ek wo chulkala se ne ek pakistani jib ladai pache mile flag meeting pe te boojan lage aapne jaat regiment aalyan te ek aur te sab theek hai yo thare dhore ..... LEEE lyoOOOO aala hathiyar aandy hai, se ke yo ... Thare sainik yo kahe ke ise toote hein ek bera e na pat ta .......

Come on jats come out of this fix of using haryanvi or not ... use any other laguage but for personal talks always use HARYANVI ... here is where we get ApnaPAn, its not better to go away from our roots..

jitendershooda
August 6th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Some Good use of haryanvi ::: or better to say Different flavour's of haryanvi ...

donot take the hilarious comments to be insulting as this is our culture to be happy. er baat maar ke hasan ki ...isme ke hua moka lagteh tun maar de ....

Humrous use of haryanvi :

1. Ek be gaam mein ek sehar te balak aagya ...er balak te hoe hein OOT hein ek ke kahe hai ...

Dekhiye re muh isa hai janu Mendhak (frog) chaumassee ( rainy season ) mein chutti aaa rahaya hai ....... :)

O chilam(that is put on Hukka) se muh aale ....

Chori tahi Batue ( small purse) se muh aali ....just imagine ... ha ha ha ....whole picture is clear about the real one ....... too much illustrative ...

This is neither rude but hansi majak ki basha hai ...

2. Ke BAAT MOD DEKHE THA ...... ha ha

MITHAS AALI Haryanvi :

1. EEE Bira dekhiye kade chori ke pah pe pah aajya ( in a crowded Bus)

Anything Rude NO ....

Now same good is the reply ...

NAA Tae AAPni Guddi ne dukhi na hon dun .... itne mein ek baithya bhai uth jya hai seat pe te ....

Nu kar TAe HAde aajya er is Guddi ne bhi bitha le mera kungar ka ke bigade hai khadya chala janga ....

And this indicates both the helping nature and repectable use of Haryanvi ...

CHOH mein aae pache haryanvi .....

1. Tera Bakal Fod Dunga ...

2. USed by ladies ..... Bhidya Dyoongi ..... ha ha ....

3. Yo NAAAS KISKA GAYA ..... ( When someone did something wrong )

4. Usually you will hear in buses if someone did wrong debate with a jaat ....

Na Bole ...Khidaki te bahar pavega ...... ha ha aagle ke samajh mein nahi aati ek yo ke ho rahya hai ...

Above All when mass fight is there ..... LE LYOOOOOO .... just like in kabbadi ..... ek be nu kahetehi ke majal je aagla pale mein te likad le .....

Bhaiyo your comments are welcome for each flavour of haryanvi ...... maja aajyaga ghane din ho liye goodh haryanvi sune .... ke bera koe dabya ood shabad likad aave ....

mit
August 7th, 2005, 02:04 AM
forget abt punjabis, even jats from other state dont like haryanvi.
hey dudi stop seprating jats on the basis of langugage.i never lived in haryana all my life but still can speak it and understand bangru if u go anywhere u will find jats speak the same dialect with same tone and dont think that jats from other state are some what inferior from haryanvi jats and if u have such a sick mentality just think haryanvi jats are superior than live like a looner coz i believe a true jat will have feeling for any jat anywhere in this world shame on you.
and yeah one thing more i love bangru (haryanvi) and for your kind information all the jats (hindu jats)are from haryana and rajasthan no matter which state they are living.shame on you.

brad
August 7th, 2005, 10:37 PM
hey dudi stop seprating jats on the basis of langugage.i never lived in haryana all my life but still can speak it and understand bangru if u go anywhere u will find jats speak the same dialect with same tone and dont think that jats from other state are some what inferior from haryanvi jats and if u have such a sick mentality just think haryanvi jats are superior than live like a looner coz i believe a true jat will have feeling for any jat anywhere in this world shame on you.
and yeah one thing more i love bangru (haryanvi) and for your kind information all the jats (hindu jats)are from haryana and rajasthan no matter which state they are living.shame on you.

blah..blah blahh...u r tottally confused..and dont have ur facts right abt jats and language...
wrong facts:
1) all jats are from haryana and rajasthan...up, punjab, mp kahan gaya ?
2) go anywhere u will find jats speak the same dialect with same tone ...
i am a jat and i dont speak or understand a bit of haryanvi...and i have lived all my life in jatland..my tone or dialect is no where near to haryanvi
3) all other words u used in ur post is total bakwas.

cooljat
August 8th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Hey! Shwetaji,
ram ram!
I like ur aggressive attitude, I'm pretty sure like lioness is more dangerous then Lion, Jatani's r indeed supposed to be more lethel then Jats ;)

Btw, I'm also a big admirer of Haryanvi dialect & very much interested in learning it, guys r u listening...can anybody teach fundamentals of the language.
Well, although we're from Rajasthan but come in Shekawati belt thus our accent is very much similar to Haryanvi, so it'll not be that hard to adopt the accent n learn the dialect.

Don't know why, but it's quite true that Jats n Haryana so haryanvi as well go hand in hand, kinda synonym to each other, but this is not to forget that there're plenty of Jats in Rajasthan, UP, MP as well.

Hence, I believe A JAT IS A JAT IS JAT :)

But, I still favor this great Jattu language, since it's something like desi daru....ek dum kadak ;) :D :)

Long live JATs!!

Ram Ram n take care,

Rock on,
Jit

anujkumar
August 11th, 2005, 03:31 AM
Good Strong words from a Jatni...

Why Haryanvi is recognised so much is because of mixture of
SOUND + ACTION ....

Samne aale ne bera hai ek ib te BOL e SOLID tha er jae kime galti kar di aage te ACTION ( DHAMA DHAM ) bhi ho jyagi tagaje te ....

Dev Dahiya ji ka Signature bhi se na ......Justice Action Truth ...... its true ....

Haryanvi ka jahan tak sawal hai its not rude but its strong and Rattan what you told is the wrong use of Haryanvi .... that is a different thing ...

We can use haryanvi in a good manner also without abusing others ...and once in one thread Jagmohan malik ji has written na ki is jisa swad konya ....

ek cheej ke itne pryayvachi kite nahi milenge ..... jooti ...litar ....khosda ...patyan ... chapli ....

baat se paryog mein lyan ki ....

Rattan you are right in your saying that now a days the jaat youth is moving towards gangs and crime ...that is because of unemployment and our attitude not to go for small businesses like that of other castes ... but dheere dheere ye bhi badal rahi hai ..... and jats are coming with time ...

Mene hade south mein dekhya ek these people are very much preserving their culture .. language and donot feel bad about their language too and wearings .... aapni haryanvi ke inki kich kich ( Bera na bhai ke SANI SI KAT DEN HEIN .... Tygar(the mixture prepared of sand and water to be used as building material instead of cement) bana den hein mere bate ) te bhi bhundi se ke .... na bhai but the only problem with us is that some of us feels shame in speaking haryanvi ....

Just like Dhruv here in this site even from bombay is using such a good haryanvi and english and i donot think that he will be facing any problem of it ....

It is good to go for english but leaving haryanvi is not at all good ...

I worked in chandigarh the sardars always use punjabi while talking to their collegues in office and the same with these south indians ..... then why we are having mind in a fix about using it while conversation with our haryanvis may be in office or at other places publically ....

Kime kaho bhai kae din jib hojya na aangreji mein muh chikdate ...haryanvi bolan aale dhoondya karun mein te ... er jee saaa aajya hai ...

Bharat have you heard haryanvi ragni of Mehar singh and can you find any other alternate in laguages to be more expressive than our's to motivate a person for patriotism ....

Er ek wo chulkala se ne ek pakistani jib ladai pache mile flag meeting pe te boojan lage aapne jaat regiment aalyan te ek aur te sab theek hai yo thare dhore ..... LEEE lyoOOOO aala hathiyar aandy hai, se ke yo ... Thare sainik yo kahe ke ise toote hein ek bera e na pat ta .......

Come on jats come out of this fix of using haryanvi or not ... use any other laguage but for personal talks always use HARYANVI ... here is where we get ApnaPAn, its not better to go away from our roots..

very good effort. bhadiya dhal samzaya Hooda Jee