PDA

View Full Version : Are GUYS allowed to CRY?????

captmanjeet
August 10th, 2005, 12:44 PM
When a guy cries, people say - come on be a man, you are no more kid. Stop crying like a baby. But, when a girl cries, people become very sympathetic to them, including the hard stubborn guys sometimes get emotional when they see girls crying.

Why do we cry and why do we lose so many tears ? Is all the pain inside going out in the form of tears. We cry because, we feel better after that. If crying has certain advantages like this then why not guys are allowed to cry. Why we are not supposed to cry? Why people think when a guy cries, he is weak, why ?

Me being a guy have cried certain times - like when I could not get through NDA which was a bit below my expectations, when I lost my Best friend AZAD SINGH DALAL in kargil war and final one was when the person I loved the most in this world left me,(Because i was in army) even now sometimes eyes get moist when I think of her.BUT No regrets.....

Why cant we guys cry openly as girls do, does people think guys are weak if they cry, but its one way letting out your emotions.

Now, its been quite a sometime that I have cried and its all hidden deep in my heart and I say to myself, these things will make me stronger and now I dont cry for anything, for anything. I feel the more I hide inside the more I am getting stronger.
I think thats the reason Guys are not allowed to cry, when you keep it inside you become stronger, becuase you are controlling the emotions. You get no tough job than controlling your emotions.

If you are guy, have cried anytime and do you feel crying is good ?
If you are a gal, do u think guy crying means he is weak ?

abhirana
August 10th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Dear Captain
first of all a man who cries ,in no way makes him weak
as you have already said that tears let your sorrows out
and makes you feel lighter ,and as such you have faced
a tough situation in life that you have missed out on something
or someone close to you has left you makes you more
sensitive ,and a sensitive person can cry at times.
but as of now most of us thinks that a man who cries is weak
controlling your emotions is one thing ,but to control them for a
long time may make you desperate ,so in my view controlling your emotions depends on situations.

rkumar
August 10th, 2005, 06:14 PM
The subject is highly scientific and a lot of work has been done on it. Here are few links;

1. http://www.lornacollier.com/crying.html
2. http://www.swedish.org/15304.cfm
3. http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology/b103/f03/web3/n1kaim.html

RK^2

parmod
August 10th, 2005, 06:41 PM
hi Manjeet,
This is a very sensitive topic for discussion and it depends on individual point of view..how one looks upon the situation and then how he reacts,but there is nothing inside that if anyone is crying means he is week.Its just your feelings that makes you to moist ur eyes.But still as you are saying that keeping inside these emotions makes us strong,so as a guy we are supposed to be strong.