PDA

View Full Version : Divorce in India/among jats

haryanajat
August 12th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Divorce rate has steadily increased in India and I think among the jats also. I have a couple of questions:
1. How is a divorcee looked upon among jats - I mean would a single, never married jat boy/girl want to marry a divorced jat girl/boy?
2. Is divorce rate among jats higher in haryana and delhi then say in rajasthan/up? I mean what if it is higher in Haryana/Delhi and say a jat girl from Rajasthan/UP thinks that She should not marry a Jat guy from Haryana/Delhi as these guys have a bad reputation?
(Your reputation precedes you!)
3. Finally what is the deal about dowry? Why some people on both sides(girls and boy's) think it is okay and some think it is not okay?

dahiyarules
August 12th, 2005, 12:11 PM
I have come accross some divorce cases among jats. I grew up building a stigma about divorcess. As I personally came to know a few of them, I realized my biases, as I found them to be perfectly normal people, who just had a bad time with thier "ex," and had the courage to ocme out of their sorrows and miseries.

Personally I think divorcees are highly mature individuals, and have great potential to enter in a successful relationship. So we must accept divorcees with open arms. I really dont see a reason why we should add to their vows.

As a man, I think its nothing but shameful to accept dowry. It hits on my manhood and self esteem. I have an entire life in front of me to earn all I want. And thus I see no reason to take away someone elses entire life's earning. The girls parents invest a lot of resources on their daughter to raise her to be a perfect human being. Isnt that more than enough. Dowry is for loosers who arent confident about themselves. I think that such loosers dont deserve to get married in the first place.