PDA

View Full Version : Appeal to All Members

rkumar
August 17th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Dear Friends,

This is not that an appeal is being issued for the first time. Many members have issued similar appeals in past as well. Lots of efforts and resources are being spent in running this website. Let each one of ask ourselves if we are making best use of this facility to uplift, educate and help our community. I am not against occasional fun at our own cost, but we should not be loosing track of our aim. We should be discussing/ debating and initiating more and more community oriented projects on ground and rather than engaging endlessly in winning our non-productive arguments. Success of our efforts should be measured by the results on ground. I humbly request all of you to please engage in some serious discussions and efforts, which finally lead to some concrete action on ground.

Thanks
Rajendra

mukeshkumar007
August 17th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Dear Friends,

I humbly request all of you to please engage in some serious discussions and efforts, which finally lead to some concrete action on ground.

Thanks
Rajendra

Well point Uncleji.
Being a member of this great portal I always try to follow the rules and regulation of good discussion and not to pass inferrior arguments/comments on other respected members. If I have said anything wrong in past by mistake then excuse me. In future I will try my best to fullfill the aim of this great community portal.
It is my duty as well as moral responsibility.

raj2rif
August 17th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Dear Friends,

This is not that an appeal is being issued for the first time. Many members have issued similar appeals in past as well. Lots of efforts and resources are being spent in running this website. Let each one of ask ourselves if we are making best use of this facility to uplift, educate and help our community. I am not against occasional fun at our own cost, but we should not be loosing track of our aim. We should be discussing/ debating and initiating more and more community oriented projects on ground and rather than engaging endlessly in winning our non-productive arguments. Success of our efforts should be measured by the results on ground. I humbly request all of you to please engage in some serious discussions and efforts, which finally lead to some concrete action on ground.

Thanks
Rajendra

Dear Rajendra Ji,
Very well said. I personally feel that makes sense. Further we do have time pass and Humor section to discuss lighter things. I would also add that when we discuss successful people of our community, be it a sportsman or a political leader, we should see them as a person as such and not a Jat alone. This would give more objectivity to the discussion. We should also not try to snub a member if he/she makes an honest post and expresses his/her views on the subject. After all we all are learning and have different opinion on various things that we see and experience every day. It would be a good idea to share one's experience in life some time specially if we can draw some lessons.

itsnavin
August 17th, 2005, 06:06 PM
We must admit:
- Quality discussions are OUT
- Heated discussions are IN
- Members are easily provoked(Ofcourse all are Jats)
- Most members disappear after some posts/days..there are a few who are carrying jatland on their shoulders.
- Moderators are only moderators...they won't contribute any thing else to the site.
- Participation of females is very less...And if they participate to Jatland par RUKKA mach jata hai...

I think, members should treat this site a platform to interact with other community people and try to make this site a source of information and inspiration for the upcoming Jat youth. Every one has a say here but elder's viewpoints should be countered respectfully. And there are many other points..

Everyone should know that there are non-members as well who can read the contents of each forum. To send them a better message of Jatland, our duty is to have a cordial atmosphere whether it's a viewpoint or controversy.

Navin

deepakdahiya
August 17th, 2005, 06:10 PM
you are very right rajender uncle ji,

we should take some serious steps toward it so that through JATLAND we are able to help our community people.........practically

like JATLAND people should make a fund (by imposing nominal membership fees like Rs 50/-) and that is used to help the poor and needed people of our community like in advance education.............only by conducting a written test without any partiality

like we have 3600 member's and if all contribute only Rs. 50/- for the upliftment of their community than the fund raised to Rs. 1,80,000 p.a.
or
Rs. 1,80,000
+ Rs. donated amount

and i think this is sufficient amount to start with ...............this is just an idea and my view

so friends what you all think about it .......can we make it possible???????

____Deepak Dahiya____
*****Jai Mata Di*****

jitender_singh
August 17th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Hi All,

Rajendra Sir have raised a very valid point , there must be some concrete work to show its worth..

Although few members in education and job and career are doing very good job but still I feel there are many people from our community in various fields who are not member of jatland. efforts must be make to create awareness among those people. i think they can help us a lot for upliftment of our community.

Regards
Jitender

deepender
August 17th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Rajendra Uncle ji,

I agree with your observation and plea 100%. Conversion of ideas on the ground into tangible results is what matters and only what matters.

Deepender

anujkadyan
August 17th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Uncle u started this discussion at a very right tiime. Mr Kapoor and Mr Arya are currently working on this idea as to how best we can forma group among the jatland members who can work for the betterment of our society. It has to be through better access to education to our brothers in villages .

If we can form a group among ourselves and on weekends devote sometime with those kids it will be a great effort in itself.

Monetary benift comes later ..first is the person to person contact so that you can understand their needs and they will trust you.

And yes lots of time there are discussion which seem very trivial and we see so many replies to them :)
So lets use of energy for something much more constructive!!

mukeshkumar007
August 18th, 2005, 11:02 AM
like JATLAND people should make a fund (by imposing nominal membership fees like Rs 50/-) and that is used to help the poor and needed people of our community like in advance education.............only by conducting a written test without any partiality

like we have 3600 member's and if all contribute only Rs. 50/- for the upliftment of their community than the fund raised to Rs. 1,80,000 p.a.
or
Rs. 1,80,000
+ Rs. donated amount

and i think this is sufficient amount to start with ...............this is just an idea and my view

so friends what you all think about it .......can we make it possible???????

____Deepak Dahiya____
*****Jai Mata Di*****

Dear Deepak,

You are talking about 3600 members but I am able to see only near about 150 active member who participate in discussion and trying best to keep this alive. So I don't think remaining member will be ready to pay such type of entry fees.
By the way personally I also think that we should make a relief fund on the jatland to help the needy people of our community. Anyone who wish to donate he can send his/her money to this account...... I am ready for this....
Actually in past I had started thread for the same but members did not show much interest in such type of plan.
As Anuj have said we should increase the possiblity of person to person contact so that a better understanding can be established among the members through jat meet like delhi jat meet, banglore jat meet and offcourse national jat meet.....

Thanks & regards

positivelook
August 18th, 2005, 11:24 AM
HI all

THis is true that we have to be part of the serious discussions which comes out with a solution or conclusion.
I m always there fo all these discussions.

Abhimanyu Phougat
Jats the real tigers!

raj_rathee
August 18th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Forgive me for being cynical but I have seen these efforts being drummed
up and die a pretty lame death over and over again. I have seen it here
and I have heard from experiences from others who have actually
tried to do something. Most people here just aren't gonna do squat
except keep getting excited and saying "Me too...".

When it comes to actual real ground work they'll start remembering
what they need to do and how they can't make it or how they
don't have the money right now....(True experiences of a friend
right here at Jatland).

Anyone who is serious should just get down to it and do it at their
personal level. Help a poor kid get an education on your own or
make sure to talk to and motivate some kids in your village when you go
there the next time...just seeing you as a successful role model can
do a lot....and so on.

I am not discouraging anything. Don't get me wrong. Its great
if an active group materialises and ACTUALLY DOES something on the
ground.

brad
August 18th, 2005, 11:48 AM
sari problem akkal ki hai, jo nahi padhne se ayegi aur nahi paise se.
Look at all the communities that are prosporous. Read history. The fundamental thing that make/made them great is travel. Learn to travel and Travel to learn.
So pls get out of Jatland, apni hosiyari dikhane se pehle doosron ki dekh lo.

ratananmol
August 18th, 2005, 11:57 AM
hi friends and uncle rkk:
as you have aptly pointed out these discussions are getting us nowhere and the level is getting worse (i feel) with each passing moment.
But the real thing to figure out is what this interface allows us to do and what is the bare minimum that can be done.
We sitting seas away from our homes and people, entangled in the web of our lives would like to be useful but how? Does experience helps in answering this or are we calling for new ideas?
Who can do what is the central problem, how to match the right person with the right job and what is the overall plan? just the sequencing of the plan.
Anmol.

gaganjat
August 18th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Rajender kaka, I completely agree with you but it needs a collective effort. Ofcourse, everyone needs to watch their words.

rkumar
August 18th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Let us make a data bank of all those who are really serious to do something for the community. All such members may please email me the following information;

1. Name:
2. Profession:
3. Email ID:
4. Contact Address:
4. Type of services you would like to provide:
5. Duration of time you would like to spare for community work every year:
6. Will you be able to donate your working old PCs, TVs for community work:
7. Will you be able to spare some financial respources? If yes, how much per year: (you need not answer this question if you don't feel like)
8. Will your financial contributions be project specific:
9. What type of feedbacks/ Reports you would expect about the projects receiving your contributions:
10. In what way you would expect your services to be recognised:

Those of you who are serious in doing something, please email the above required information to me (Rajendra.Kumar3122@gmail.com). You need not post anything here for personal reasons. Once we are able to have a serious core group, we will request the administrators to create some suitable group on Jatland where these committed people can discuss the implementation/ progress of various activities and steer them collectively.

Thanks
Rajendra

poonam
August 18th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Anyone who is serious should just get down to it and do it at their
personal level. Help a poor kid get an education on your own or
make sure to talk to and motivate some kids in your village when you go
there the next time...just seeing you as a successful role model can
do a lot....and so on.

I am not discouraging anything. Don't get me wrong. Its great
if an active group materialises and ACTUALLY DOES something on the
ground.

I too bear the same opinion...

Agreed in toto..

anujkadyan
August 18th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Anmol Bhai ur right we need to figure out the plan how best we can contribute based on where we are and how much time and effort we are willing to work.

I did mention in a biit detail about how this can be done in another thread on scholarship few days back.

I am associated witha NGO Asha for educaiton. i thas numerous chapters in US which are the main source of funding and we have chapters in India which are responsible for execution of the project and the ground work.

How they operate is chapters in india do a site visit to a school and see what their requirements are, make a proposal and then send it to the US chapters. In Us the guys do a voting on which ones to support on based on the amount of funds they have and the kind of efect the project will have on the community.

Once they decide to fun the chapters in India oversee that the funds are being used properly and also spend time there to understand their problems and requirements .

When I said people to people contact I meant contact between us and the under privileged children.

About doing something on the personal level and all talks not coming to a good end here..hmm.. well I think we can make a bigger and better force if we combine our efforts and also inspire other to join hands in such work.

So nothing wrong in trying to see if we can get more jat bhais together for this .. I am sure this discussion is still much better than many others :) even if there is no end result of it .

For few of you who are willing to do something for a cause :

No matter how long a journey is, it starts with one small step
An hour of your time can go a long way
http://www.workanhour.com

http://www.workanhour.com/projects/nice/