PDA

View Full Version : JAT organizations in US

ramsarya
June 14th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Dear Friends:
For a while I have been reading the members comments about JAT organizations in US, any exists or should start a new one? Yes there is AJA (Association of Jats in America) since early 80's. Its three chapters namely North-East, Mid-West and South, are active and do hold couple of gatherins a year each. Most active chapter is the NE chapter which regularly hosts a picnic on the 4th of July weekend (already listed by Mr. Dalal) and a Diwali function on the weekend immediately after Diwali. AJA does have a list of Jat families, may not be uptodate but it does exist. There also exist a Constitution and By-Laws though only a handful of Jats are aware of it or have a copy of it. AJA is strictly a social non-political organization and has served jat families in US very well so far. Yes there are some frictions sometime as you can't have a jat without an ego and sometimes egos do have a conflict. However, overall it is a very good organization. I would ask all jatland members to come and see for themselves this July 5th. We, the older generation, not very computer savvy and yes that is why not very active in jatland, will definitely be delighted to see lot of young people taking part in the organization.
From this social organization, NAJC (North American Jat Charities) sprang up for charitable causes as social organization could not get a Tax-Exempt status. NAJC has collected over $350,000. for various causes, mainly for education in India and is very active at present. Definitely can use young talent to enhance it further.
I do not intend to make this a very long write-up and therefore if anyone is looking for more information on any of these two organizations, please feel free to contact me by email, tel, fax or in person. Thanks.

rkumar
June 14th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Ram S. Arya (Jun 14, 2003 08:01 a.m.):
...From this social organization, NAJC (North American Jat Charities) sprang up for charitable causes as social organization could not get a Tax-Exempt status. NAJC has collected over $350,000. for various causes, mainly for education in India and is very active at present. Thanks.

Thank you Arya ji. I would be very much interested in knowing more about NAJC and the activities funded by it in past. Who is the contact person ? Please let me have his/ her email address and tel numbers if possible.

Regards
Rajendra

ranjitjat
June 15th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Ramsarup Arya ji
welcome to jat land
Thank you very much for sharing the information.
I know ramsarup ji for long time. He and other in USA are doing good works through JIA. I have list of JAT IN USA CANADA , INDIA ,EUROPE AND THE WORLD.
I am in close contact with them also have good working relation with them.
Sawami Omanand ji- Sawami Indervesh ji - Capt. Bhagwan singh and many leaders visited them.
I said many a times on this site that there are jat association in America. People are coming forward and more will join.
OLD IS GOLD. JOIN YOUR LOCAL CHAPTERS.
LEARN FROM THE EXPERIENCES OF YOUR ELDER.
TAKE THE LEAD AND MARCH FORWARD TOGETHER.
UNITY IS STRENGTH
LONG LIVE JAT UNITY
JAIHIND

ndahiya
June 16th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Dear Arya ji

I would like to think that Jatland.com should provide all possible help to Jat bodies in different places, but am not sure how that can be achieved.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to address this. One option could be to list Jat bodies in each location, and then let people make contact themselves. the other option is to play a more active role in promoting the activities etc...

We'd need a discussion on the site as to which is more desirable.

Regards
Nitin

ramsarya
June 16th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Dear Nitin:
Jatland can help all Jat Organizations by linking them together with this site. AJA does have a website"AJATA" as AJA was already taken. AJATA does link Jatland. However, there is not much information on the site. We do need some computer savvy people like you to expand the site. Other help is by joining and taking part in those organizations. AJA has no annual fee or forms to fill, just come on and enjoy one of its functions and make friends. July 5th's picnic of AJA NE Chapter in NJ is an excellent oppotunity to come a see for yourself.
AJA is a social but nonpolitical organization and has been serving its purpose very well, however it might be time to make it politically involved. I think we need a discussion on that as I am not AJA and can't make the decision for all the people involved. NAJC on the other hand should remain politically neutral and only for charitable causes.
Thanks for asking to help.

ramsarya
June 16th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Dear Rajendra Kumar Ji:
NAJC has helped Mr. rathi start a high school in his village in Meerut district. That school is running forr the last 12 years. NAJC is helping to set up a girls high school in Baghpat area and is funding fully to start and construct a school in Hisar district, a 42000SF building for a 10+2 school. It helped start a hospital in rural area of Punjab. All these projects are spear headed and mostly financed by NRI individuals from those villages. NAJC also helped Gujrat eartquake victims, Orissa cyclone victims, 9/11 victims etc. NAJC provides scholarships to Indian students doing their graduate studies in India. Funding is limited but NAJC has some very dedicated individuals who give lot of their time and money to support the causes they believe in.
I can be your contact for NAJC. My tel is 732-294-0514, email is "r.arya@att.net" and address is 20 Gumani Court, Freehold, NJ 07728. If you need any other information please let me know.

rkumar
June 17th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Ram S. Arya (Jun 16, 2003 07:20 a.m.):
Dear Rajendra Kumar Ji:
NAJC has helped Mr. rathi start a high school in his village in Meerut district. That school is running forr the last 12 years. NAJC is helping to set up a girls high school in Baghpat area and is funding fully to start and construct a school in Hisar district, a 42000SF building for a 10+2 school. It helped start a hospital in rural area of Punjab. All these projects are spear headed and mostly financed by NRI individuals from those villages. NAJC also helped Gujrat eartquake victims, Orissa cyclone victims, 9/11 victims etc. NAJC provides scholarships to Indian students doing their graduate studies in India. Funding is limited but NAJC has some very dedicated individuals who give lot of their time and money to support the causes they believe in.
I can be your contact for NAJC. My tel is 732-294-0514, email is "r.arya@att.net" and address is 20 Gumani Court, Freehold, NJ 07728. If you need any other information please let me know.

Thank you very much Arya Ji. We were coining with an idea of a Jat Higher Education Foundation here on Jat land only few days back and every one supported the idea. Now since already there is a forum to address that issue, I see no need to duplicate the efforts. However, it will be highly desirable to have Indian counterpart of this Charitable body. There are many of us who will be willing to contribute for noble cause. I would very much apprecaite if you take up the issue and coordinate the formation of its branch here in India. Once formed, we can announce it both in AJA as well at Jatland.com.

Regards
Rajendra

ashokpaul
June 17th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Ram S. Arya (Jun 14, 2003 12:01 p.m.):
Dear Friends:
For a while I have been reading the members comments about JAT organizations in US, any exists or should start a new one? Yes there is AJA (Association of Jats in America) since early 80's. Its three chapters namely North-East, Mid-West and South, are active and do hold couple of gatherins a year each. Most active chapter is the NE chapter which regularly hosts a picnic on the 4th of July weekend (already listed by Mr. Dalal) and a Diwali function on the weekend immediately after Diwali. AJA does have a list of Jat families, may not be uptodate but it does exist. There also exist a Constitution and By-Laws though only a handful of Jats are aware of it or have a copy of it. AJA is strictly a social non-political organization and has served jat families in US very well so far. Yes there are some frictions sometime as you can't have a jat without an ego and sometimes egos do have a conflict. However, overall it is a very good organization. I would ask all jatland members to come and see for themselves this July 5th. We, the older generation, not very computer savvy and yes that is why not very active in jatland, will definitely be delighted to see lot of young people taking part in the organization.
From this social organization, NAJC (North American Jat Charities) sprang up for charitable causes as social organization could not get a Tax-Exempt status. NAJC has collected over $350,000. for various causes, mainly for education in India and is very active at present. Definitely can use young talent to enhance it further.
I do not intend to make this a very long write-up and therefore if anyone is looking for more information on any of these two organizations, please feel free to contact me by email, tel, fax or in person. Thanks.

Respected Aryaji,
i'm from younger generation. We are ready for any kind of help you need for this noble cause.