PDA

View Full Version : r u proad to be indian

lucky
August 20th, 2005, 11:10 PM
this title may sound stupied but i had an experince which boiled my blood like any thing. i am studying in a film school in canada. there are lot of departments. well i am in 2d animation and in 3d animation or CGI department there is one indian female instructor/ teacher. she is in canada for only 5 years. for me 5 years are not long for forget yr own mother land. she meets indian students never smiles back never shows affection tht we are indians and from her country. as there are mexicon instructors and korean they talk to there country students in there own language and help them also.
she is only indian instructor. from here talks she does not like any thing about india. in 5 years she has become canadian. she hates every thing about india. :mad:
i have seen some people like these. and it boils my blood
so tell me yr experices if u hve seen people like thses and wht u feel about them. :mad:

bharatrattan
August 20th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Dear Shagun,
It is best to ignore people like your instructor. There are certain aspect of my self, for which the credit goes to (if there is any credit) chance factors. My identity is one such complex thing. I find myself lucky to be an Indian. I enjoy our cultural heritage. This is only possible if I am prosperous enough to understand Indian culture. Much of which is mass hysteria, an act of imitation, which has been followed for ages to the extent of being preposterous.

If I were to choose a country of my choice, I would certainly miss the great Indian heritage, but still opt for ( at the conscious stage of decision) the western word.
Much of our woes are because of the difficulty to adapt in a different cultural setup. Otherwise for people born in US, things are absolutely fine.
It is difficult to comment about the final word which would define choices as black-and -white, but if India has certain good things; America does not have to be an absolute evil. Likewise, If US is good about the innovative aspect, India is not a total failure.
They can co-exist as mixed failures and mixed successes, but the odds would most definitely favor the western word.
Bharat
( sorry for digressing from the issue topic)

rkumar
August 21st, 2005, 12:09 AM
Dear Shagun,

She is not the only one. Majority of Desies are like that. I also raised the similar issue on Jatland last year when I moved over to UK. Smile is not something which we Indians are gifted on our face it seems. I have lots of Desies here and trust me, they are no better.. Only place where they mix well, are in universities.

RK^2

spdeshwal
August 21st, 2005, 01:52 AM
Rajenderji,
I disagree with you. May be what we have in Auckland, New Zealand different.
The caegory of Indians Shagun has mentioned are certainly in Minority.
I know one very senior faculty in Massey University , Wellington who goes to office often dressed in North Indian attire.

You should be here to witness Diwali or Independence day! And believe me , most heartening feature of these events is the participation of young people.
Another wonderfull thing about Auckland indian society is pesense of elders( parents and grandparents). New Zealand Govt. has most friendly policy for parents. I mean, it is easy as well as takes very little time for parents to get residency.
Auckland is Small city for International standards( 14 lacs population), has two AM Hindi Radio Stations with 24 hrs tranmission. Both are connected to net.I am giving you the link and you can enjoy hindi music while working in office
www.tarana.co.nz
www.apna990am.com

Proodest movement for me is going for a walk with my wife dressed in Salwar-kamij and in dress in kurta pyjama. That is how the natives, may of europeans,maoriesor pacific islands origins respect you most. They respect us Indians for our great culture and family values we remain adhere to.
Although, othercategory of Desies are aslo live here but in small no.
I wish, same is case in other parts of the world

spdeshwal
August 21st, 2005, 03:36 AM
Aur Dr sahab jis catgory ka aap ne aur Sagunji ne jikar kiya hae unki kya India me kami hae? You go to any such campus and witness these incidents fequently.

I want to share a little but true story with you.
This Radio Tarana I have mentioned have got Daily program for Birthday Greetings and some times while airing this program they contact the relatives of the person any where in the world and talk to them on air.

One such evening the presenper of the program contacted in Amritsar the sister of the lady who was celebrating her birthday in Auckland.

The presenter was talking in hindi and the lady from Amritsar was replying in English. Then the presenter perhaps realised that he was talking to someone in Punjab and try to converse in Tuti Phuti Punjabi. But to my surprise the lady kept talking in English.

Aur Dur jane ki jarurat nahi, kuchh log Jatland per bhi mojud hnai.
So exceptions are every where.

lucky
August 21st, 2005, 03:52 AM
Dear Shagun,
It is best to ignore people like your instructor. There are certain aspect of my self, for which the credit goes to (if there is any credit) chance factors. My identity is one such complex thing. I find myself lucky to be an Indian. I enjoy our cultural heritage. This is only possible if I am prosperous enough to understand Indian culture. Much of which is mass hysteria, an act of imitation, which has been followed for ages to the extent of being preposterous.

If I were to choose a country of my choice, I would certainly miss the great Indian heritage, but still opt for ( at the conscious stage of decision) the western word.
Much of our woes are because of the difficulty to adapt in a different cultural setup. Otherwise for people born in US, things are absolutely fine.
It is difficult to comment about the final word which would define choices as black-and -white, but if India has certain good things; America does not have to be an absolute evil. Likewise, If US is good about the innovative aspect, India is not a total failure.
They can co-exist as mixed failures and mixed successes, but the odds would most definitely favor the western word.
Bharat
( sorry for digressing from the issue topic)
well i think u went total of the track. my instructor is not born in canada
she is 35 and in age of 30 she came to canada. if she would have come to canada at age of 10 i would have undertsand. but ya in age of 30 u know which thing to adopt or not. i have no harm in accepting canadian culture becoz it is diffrent but ya being born and brought up in india and then u come abroad and crisise the country where u lived for 30 years is bull **** for me. becoz every country has good and bad points. if u r not at prensnt liveing abroad then i think u cannot understand wht i am telling

lucky
August 21st, 2005, 03:55 AM
Rajenderji,
I disagree with you. May be what we have in Auckland, New Zealand different.
The caegory of Indians Shagun has mentioned are certainly in Minority.
I know one very senior faculty in Massey University , Wellington who goes to office often dressed in North Indian attire.

You should be here to witness Diwali or Independence day! And believe me , most heartening feature of these events is the participation of young people.
Another wonderfull thing about Auckland indian society is pesense of elders( parents and grandparents). New Zealand Govt. has most friendly policy for parents. I mean, it is easy as well as takes very little time for parents to get residency.
Auckland is Small city for International standards( 14 lacs population), has two AM Hindi Radio Stations with 24 hrs tranmission. Both are connected to net.I am giving you the link and you can enjoy hindi music while working in office
www.tarana.co.nz
www.apna990am.com

Proodest movement for me is going for a walk with my wife dressed in Salwar-kamij and in dress in kurta pyjama. That is how the natives, may of europeans,maoriesor pacific islands origins respect you most. They respect us Indians for our great culture and family values we remain adhere to.
Although, othercategory of Desies are aslo live here but in small no.
I wish, same is case in other parts of the world
y come to vancouver and u would see every one wearing suits. but i am deicuing the minority. y r these people ashamed and for wht. and ya i have been to england and it is bad. indians there try thier best to be britisher than indians. and even not very much help. but in canada in vancouver i wear suit every time. it is like clean india.
but then also y educated indias act like nurds here

spdeshwal
August 21st, 2005, 08:20 AM
I agree with you, and i have said in my post thar there are some exceptions.
Those exceptions are everywhere, in Vancuover, Montreal, LA, New york, Delhi, Bombay, Landon and Manchestor. There are thousands of members on this site who live in these cities around the globe but most of them are here, I mean on this site because they are not like the type you are talking about. Yes, exceptions are here as well, the ones who bring a vulgar topic here to proove that they are the only progressive thinkers and rest all are hypocrite backwards. So, if we keep bothering ourselves about this category of people whom you yourself agree are a small minority, they will gain stength. And we shouldn't allow that to happen. One such charactor on this site I am talking about was born and brought in Rohtak and claims to have moved to Noida and not to Britain or canada. And the lady I was talking about in my earlier post live in Amritsar and not in Auckland.

Cheers!

sandeepphogat
August 21st, 2005, 08:45 AM
hello shagun and deshwal sahab
Both of u r absolutely right on u r way. we are here in australia also face same problem sometime but ultimately we are indian and we have always a softcorner for any indian in world. we are indian first and after that something else.
so i proud to be an indian.

haryanajat
August 21st, 2005, 10:54 AM
this title may sound stupied but i had an experince which boiled my blood like any thing. i am studying in a film school in canada. there are lot of departments. well i am in 2d animation and in 3d animation or CGI department there is one indian female instructor/ teacher. she is in canada for only 5 years. for me 5 years are not long for forget yr own mother land. she meets indian students never smiles back never shows affection tht we are indians and from her country. as there are mexicon instructors and korean they talk to there country students in there own language and help them also.
she is only indian instructor. from here talks she does not like any thing about india. in 5 years she has become canadian. she hates every thing about india. :mad:
so tell me yr experices if u hve seen people like thses and wht u feel about them. :mad:
That's kind of behavior is very common among Indians. Even among Indians who have been here for more then say 30 years. It does not matter which part of India they are from. I have seen Indians trying to avoid other Indians so many times that I cannot count now. They don't even say hello, will try to avoid you anywhere they come across you. There are many of them like that. There behavior changes in front of goras. Perhaps some sort of complex. But there are nice Indians too. May be your instructor is trying subconsciously to forget about India. Or there could be many reasons, may be she just has some personal problems she is trying to sort out. You cannot tell for sure by yourself.
Why unecessarily boil your blood?

sjakhars
August 21st, 2005, 01:56 PM
This type of people you can find in India too.
They always talk about western world and criticise every Indian thing.
so dont worry about them b'coz India is not depend on them and even India do'nt need them.
India is India b'coz of Indians not these kind of people.

I proud to be an Indian.

Regards.

rkumar
August 21st, 2005, 02:38 PM
This type of people you can find in India too.
They always talk about western world and criticise every Indian thing.
so dont worry about them b'coz India is not depend on them and even India do'nt need them.
India is India b'coz of Indians not these kind of people.

I proud to be an Indian.

Regards.

Fully agree with you Sitaram Ji. Ye sab dogle log hote hain and they are good for nothing except for themselves. Let us not worry about such characters..

RK^2

lucky
August 21st, 2005, 03:16 PM
thanks for yr respone to this post. and ya every one is true there are people in india who critize thier own country. but ya i am happy to see the reponse and to know tht is is not me alone saw characters like this :eek:

priti
August 21st, 2005, 04:37 PM
Shagun, Sab jagah sab tarah ke log milte hain....koi categorisation nahin kar sakte. The nice people i know come from all backgrounds -british, indians, columbians, canadians, mixed backgrounds and so on ....similarly not so nice people also come from all backgrounds.

But, I agree that Indians in general are hesitant people in familiarising too much at first instance unlike greeks, italians, spanish....

Sometimes, some people are genuinely shy and maybe its a good idea to give them time to overcome that...you could judge that from her behaviour with other people who are not Indians.

On the whole I do think Indians are not slap on the back-meeting first time-where you're from type......

but if you think of it....a smile really costs nothing!

shwetashokeen
August 22nd, 2005, 12:13 AM
I know some people who are like this only.....One of my friends went to India for a month....When she came back here, I asked her abt her exp....what she told me was like this......"Oh it was horrible....so much pollution, so dirty, no light...and other things ...I will never go back there" and all.....

point to be noted : she came here only 2-3 years back...manne ya baat aaj taayin palle konya padi ke ise log aaj taain india me -e na pale bade sain...2 saal me ke unka blood configuration change ho gya ke un ne apna desh "suit" na karta eeb....Artificial, thats what they r....

scotlandjat
August 22nd, 2005, 12:32 AM

RAM RAM.

Hi,

Was just reading through your Thread.

First of what do you mean by " Are You Proud To Be Indian ". Being Indian to me is basically where my roots are BUT it is not my Nationality.

My Nationality is British since i am born and bred here in Scotland my Ethnic background in JAT/Punjabi BUT dont be fooled because my Nationality is not Indian that does not mean that i am not proud of my Hindustani roots. If anything i am VERY Proud of my Hindustani roots and more importantly i am a Proud JAT.

Now from my experience when i have went over to India i find the people for instance my aunty jis and Uncles jis etc etc they have this mentality that JATS born and bred in the U.K or outside of Hindustan dont have a clue about their roots. Though the funny thing was they were shocked and suprised to know that i knew alot about our History and Heritage.

Now dont get me wrong you will find JATS and Non JATS who are born and bred here in Europe or the Americas that do not have a single clue about their history or heritage and are completely clueless BUT thats people who all have their own Personalties and way of thinking.

Anyway hun dont worry too much about this other girl that works in your department am sure she will come round sooner or later.

Regards

lucky
August 22nd, 2005, 01:24 AM
RAM RAM.

Hi,

Was just reading through your Thread.

First of what do you mean by " Are You Proud To Be Indian ". Being Indian to me is basically where my roots are BUT it is not my Nationality.

My Nationality is British since i am born and bred here in Scotland my Ethnic background in JAT/Punjabi BUT dont be fooled because my Nationality is not Indian that does not mean that i am not proud of my Hindustani roots. If anything i am VERY Proud of my Hindustani roots and more importantly i am a Proud JAT.

Now from my experience when i have went over to India i find the people for instance my aunty jis and Uncles jis etc etc they have this mentality that JATS born and bred in the U.K or outside of Hindustan dont have a clue about their roots. Though the funny thing was they were shocked and suprised to know that i knew alot about our History and Heritage.

Now dont get me wrong you will find JATS and Non JATS who are born and bred here in Europe or the Americas that do not have a single clue about their history or heritage and are completely clueless BUT thats people who all have their own Personalties and way of thinking.

Anyway hun dont worry too much about this other girl that works in your department am sure she will come round sooner or later.

Regards
u donot seem to be BBCD :D (british born confused dasi) cool donot take it seriouly i am just kidding. well thanks for yr reply. :D :cool:

rajivshokeen
August 22nd, 2005, 07:09 AM
Well, may be this will sound little off the prob. that Shagun have but my experience today perfectly goes well with the TOPIC.
It was India Day Parade today in New York and I went there for first time. Standing there , watching diverse Indian performances on wheels, I was enjoying everything. But all of sudden, I felt I am missing something....what was that?. Yes, it was an Indian flag. I looked here and there and I saw this uncle waving 2 flags. I approached him and asked one but he gave me a mean answer saying "Oh.. you can get it anywhere" (I was like how can someone say no for it......chhoo tae ghana aaya ). But within seconds he came back and said here you go boy. I accepted that with due respect.

That's it...as soon as I holded it, it gave me a chill, a feeling never encountered before (maybe it was my first time holding it), a feeling of holding it forever and take it to places and a sense of PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN.

Without taking much of your time, I thoroughly enjoyed my day and saw a lot more patriotic people who are keeping this spirit alive.
Atlast, I bring that flag back and is part of my room now.

Rajiv
Keep the Indian spirit alive!

spdeshwal
August 22nd, 2005, 07:33 AM
"That's it...as soon as I holded it, it gave me a chill, a feeling never encountered before (maybe it was my first time holding it), a feeling of holding it forever and take it to places and a sense of PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN."

RAJIV, YOU MADE MY EYES MOIST BOY!

shailendra
August 22nd, 2005, 08:30 AM
Hi Shagun, how does you solitary experience inspire that very provoking title to the thread? Maybe you could have used a more appropriate title....

Anyways, do you think the Desi teacher was just another snob (or she was worried that tumhaara aur doosre Desiyon ka desipana might force her to make unwarranted concessions?)..I mean aren't we ourselves to blame for the way we are sometimes?
Like they say kae ek Indian ko India mein se bahar laa sakte ho per India ko ek Indian mein se nahee...
Just like that saying may mean all good patriotic things Indian, it also points out the inborn cynical and stick-in-the-mud nature of us Desi's too.
We are quick and judgemental about our fellow Indians, and while may take a snob attitude much easily from a crazy Foreigner but hell hath no fury be it another Desi who gives us the stiff upper lip! (and if it's our boss or Teacher...well, that's it!)

Anyways, I am not trying to be judgemental here (hell no! :rolleyes: ) but I think you need to move on and let the snob rot in her own lil' world, a world that she is gonna find out quick enough is nothing but a figment of her imagination.... cause she is never gonna be anything but Indian however hard she tries, cause guess what, no one else will own her!

Which one of us has not experienced that cold shoulder more than once when some passing by on the street Desi has just looked thru us as if were some kind of a transparent hallucination!?!... (my own favourite remedy has been to call out loudly,"Haanji kya haal hai?"...only to see them scurry away with a half baked lopsided apology of an embarassed smile)

Chalo anyways, my point really is if it is really bothering you then try and be defiant directly instead when it comes to issues like this and maybe stand up to them in public (like within hearing distance of other students in this case)and politely offer your opinion on all things good that only can be Indian!!!...There can be nothing more embarassing to someone like that then be reminded that however hard they try that accent, or change their name to something ridiculously alien,....or scrub their skin with 'Super Rin'; they are and shall remain what they actually are!!!
Indian!...

shailendra
August 22nd, 2005, 08:36 AM
u donot seem to be BBCD :D (british born confused dasi)

Were you saying 'Born Dasi to Confused British'???...Heh, Heh ...heh! Just having a spot of fun, my dear ol' sport 'arry!

gaganjat
August 22nd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Which one of us has not experienced that cold shoulder more than once when some passing by on the street Desi has just looked thru us as if were some kind of a transparent hallucination!?!... (my own favourite remedy has been to call out loudly,"Haanji kya haal hai?"...only to see them scurry away with a half baked lopsided apology of an embarassed smile)

!...

LOL Thats my way man!
Really I see them running away and showing they were not interested (actually they were tryin hard to find out)

dahiyarules
August 22nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
I dont think that this instructor is not proud of her roots or anything even close. She cant hide it. Everything about her is so Indian, She looks like an Indian. She talks like an Indian. She has all the generic Indian habbits which are mor egenetic than cultural. This we all live with this reality.

I think the reason for her attitude is more due to her profession and position. I have heard similar stories here. One friend told me how in a Comp. Sc. class which was full of Indians, and one Chinese, with a Chinese intructor, the instructor and the chinese student would start doing their titar-bitar. That really offended the Indian students. The stories could go on and on. The point is that its a professional organization, and not a coffee shop. The instructor is behaving in a manner thats expected of her, and trying not to offend others around her.

No offence to you, but take such things lightly. Try to put yourself in the other persons boots. There are a lot of social pressures living in foreign societies. In return ofr all the opportunities we get living over here, the least we can do is assimilate socially. I reember the other day I got a call from a member on this website. I was in the middle of a conference with some professional contacts. I really felt bad for not being able to give appropriate attention to the person, and on the top of it he was an elder. I promised him that i will call him the next day, something that just slipped off my mind. but when I remembered a few days later, I called him right away. I think he was busy then. He never called me back. I think I am to be blamed for the mess. So the motto of the story is that people dont behave intetionally, but they behave under socail pressures. And dont blame them for it.

As for visiting India after staying here for a few years, people definitely tend to keep issues like transportation, utlities and telecommunication at the back of their heads. Things that people dont even care about, living in a western society, come in front of them during their visit to India, in the form of harsh reality. You cannot be proud of dirty and unsanitized streets, jampacked with the entire food chain. Despizing bad things is as sensible as not stepping on "gobar." Even thoughI have never been back home in a while, I think I am going to be prepared for it. And am not going to make a fuss about it. After all its just going to be a few days. I would prfer to devote my entire attention to my loved ones and things I like doing there. Maybe I will freak out at the roadside eatouts and restaurants and sweetshops. There are a lot fo good things to care about, when in india, than to fuss about "gaay bhains chotth maaring on the street."

sjakhars
August 22nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
Well, may be this will sound little off the prob. that Shagun have but my experience today perfectly goes well with the TOPIC.
It was India Day Parade today in New York and I went there for first time. Standing there , watching diverse Indian performances on wheels, I was enjoying everything. But all of sudden, I felt I am missing something....what was that?. Yes, it was an Indian flag. I looked here and there and I saw this uncle waving 2 flags. I approached him and asked one but he gave me a mean answer saying "Oh.. you can get it anywhere" (I was like how can someone say no for it......chhoo tae ghana aaya ). But within seconds he came back and said here you go boy. I accepted that with due respect.

That's it...as soon as I holded it, it gave me a chill, a feeling never encountered before (maybe it was my first time holding it), a feeling of holding it forever and take it to places and a sense of PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN.

Without taking much of your time, I thoroughly enjoyed my day and saw a lot more patriotic people who are keeping this spirit alive.

Rajiv

Thats the spirit.This experience prooving so much things and no need to elobrate.
Really Tiangaa makes feelings and emmotions like this.

Thanks Rajeev for sharing this great feeling.

lucky
August 22nd, 2005, 10:43 PM

Rajiv
thanks for sharing yr experice but ya after coming to canada i have become for indian. i love my country more than i did before coming here and i feel more proad that i am from the country of such a good culture. :D

lucky
August 22nd, 2005, 10:45 PM
Were you saying 'Born Dasi to Confused British'???...Heh, Heh ...heh! Just having a spot of fun, my dear ol' sport 'arry!
hahahhah, ahahah that is not bad one. :D :cool:

punia
August 23rd, 2005, 02:25 AM

Rajiv
Well I had somehow a same experience but a bit diffrent. we were in our son's class and he or rather my wife did a INDIA Project. We took all diffrent accesories from Inia but were missing big Indian flag, as I had only a small one at home. We asked all our friends but nobody was having one. Suddenly came one german women in the class and brought a real big Flag. ( She is married with one Indian and also speaks Hindi, heard about my problem and came to our rescue ) Holding this Flag in my hand gave me chill which I had already forgotten from my old days ( that time in India ) Woh.........

brad
August 23rd, 2005, 05:30 AM
i know of couple of cases where the hate for india was due to some reason: 1) got thrashed in police station 2) no job india after getting degree but cud come to us on H1
so, its better to understand the backgrnd from where they are comming before passing judgement. I agree there is a large grp who show dislike anything indian just to make themselves feel that they have integrated in the foreign society and get a sense of "achievement". They obviously suffer from lack of self confidence.

sandeepphogat
August 26th, 2005, 01:49 PM
hi all
Inspite of all i would like to share some facts about indians...
Who is the cofounder of the Sun-Microsystems?-----Vinod Khosla
Who is the creator of Pentium chip?-----------------Vinod Dahm
Who is the third richest man in the world?-----------Aziz Premji
Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail?---------Sabeer Bhatia
Who is the president of AT & T-Bell labs?------------Arun Netravalli
Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard?------------------Rajiv Gupta
Who is the new MTD, Microsoft?---------------------Sanjay Tejwrika
Who is the CEOs, Citibank?--------------------------Victor Menezes
Rajat Gupta
Rana Talwar
some more facts ...
*38% of doctors in USA are indians
*12% scientists in USA are indians
*36% of NASA scientists are indians
*34% of Microsoftemployees are indians
*28% of IBM employees are indians
*17% of INTEL scientists are indians
*13% of XEROX employees are indians.

Say proudly, I AM AN INDIAN

gaurav_malik
August 26th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Name of thread is r u proud to be an indian.
but disscussion most of the time is why
somebody is not proud.
Do we indians only have
culture at our disposal.nothing else?
I think indians are far more logical than
the americans.Take a small example.
Suppose there is electricity cut in
village then indian will have several
options like. 1. launching a complain
2.he will come out & check if padosia
ke light se ek nahi(he will look to change the phase
i mean will try another phase)
3.if he finds that only his own house is
out of current he will sat "re lathi lao
taar pe marni pa marni paragi" .
4."kasai transfarmer ne bhi samar de hai
ek bai to"

lucky
August 26th, 2005, 10:22 PM
hi all
Inspite of all i would like to share some facts about indians...
Who is the cofounder of the Sun-Microsystems?-----Vinod Khosla
Who is the creator of Pentium chip?-----------------Vinod Dahm
Who is the third richest man in the world?-----------Aziz Premji
Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail?---------Sabeer Bhatia
Who is the president of AT & T-Bell labs?------------Arun Netravalli
Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard?------------------Rajiv Gupta
Who is the new MTD, Microsoft?---------------------Sanjay Tejwrika
Who is the CEOs, Citibank?--------------------------Victor Menezes
Rajat Gupta
Rana Talwar
some more facts ...
*38% of doctors in USA are indians
*12% scientists in USA are indians
*36% of NASA scientists are indians
*34% of Microsoftemployees are indians
*28% of IBM employees are indians
*17% of INTEL scientists are indians
*13% of XEROX employees are indians.

Say proudly, I AM AN INDIAN
thank u for posting all the names. now i am going to forward to all my friends.

lucky
August 26th, 2005, 10:24 PM
:D :D
yeah i can say that im a proud indian as i m stuck in aust for ages but still the fresh of my india is still in my heart from past 6 yrs. still craving and longing to go to india. i have decided i will go india and refresh all those good and bad memories i have left behind. we have joined the race of money and fame but india is still there waiting for us..yeah i will always say im proud indian till i die............
love anam
i think india needs people like who do want to come back. and think about country then money. money is important but in some these years u would ahve earned lot. :D

captmanjeet
August 29th, 2005, 11:30 AM
I know some people who are like this only.....One of my friends went to India for a month....When she came back here, I asked her abt her exp....what she told me was like this......"Oh it was horrible....so much pollution, so dirty, no light...and other things ...I will never go back there" and all.....

point to be noted : she came here only 2-3 years back...manne ya baat aaj taayin palle konya padi ke ise log aaj taain india me -e na pale bade sain...2 saal me ke unka blood configuration change ho gya ke un ne apna desh "suit" na karta eeb....Artificial, thats what they r....

shweta ji
it is not that the effect is caused by her stay in US for couple of years.The real reason is that these peaple forget there past so easily they start beliving that they have never been through all this before and more over they have CHOICE not to bear that.It happenes with us also i remember when we used to stay in chandigarh in early eighties Chandigarh never had power cuts and all that stuff.In our summer vaccations we used to go to our village aur wahan to bijli hoti hi nahin thi.Initial one week used to be fun aur uske baad nani yaad aa jati thi, yeh sooch ke wapas chandigarh jate the ki wapas nahin aana hai.All this happened because we knew that this so called suffering is only for month or so(Actually we had option to go back.... That is the key).If I knew that i will not be going in comforts of a city i am sure i would have never complained with that.

brad
August 29th, 2005, 11:43 AM
what is the problem if i say india is dirty, polluted, corrupted, blash, blah, blah and blah? is it a lie? NRIs complain more bcos:
1) they have seen a less dirty and polluted city
2) they know its not magic, money or technology that keeps a city clean
3 ) they know india too can be clean

before some can complte the sentence, the genral attitude is to cut it short by saying "tere amrika mein aisa hota hoga, yahan to yahi chalta hai".
I have never heard anyone saying "how can i make by neighbourhood clean". u will always hear sarkar saaf bahi karwati.

and abt all those names of big shots listed and achievements of indians mentioned in the post, they is bcos of USA and not India.

shailendra
August 29th, 2005, 09:24 PM
what is the problem if i say india is dirty, polluted, corrupted, blash, blah, blah and blah? is it a lie? NRIs complain more bcos:

before some can complte the sentence, the genral attitude is to cut it short by saying "tere amrika mein aisa hota hoga, yahan to yahi chalta hai".
I have never heard anyone saying "how can i make by neighbourhood clean". u will always hear sarkar saaf bahi karwati.

and abt all those names of big shots listed and achievements of indians mentioned in the post, they is bcos of USA and not India.

Dudiji....maana padega kae even though your response does reek of a little over the top dramatization of the Amreeka vs India achievements...(the achievements of Indians in America cannot simply be credited to the way USA is...these accomplishers have that innate quality that most Indian are born with; perseverance and dedication to what they do and are good at... meaning that they would have struck gold wherever they would have been!)

But having said that; I also feel that the initial part of your post has a lot of merit! I don't think it is BAD do discuss the shortcomings of our Nation (and hence provide food for thought to how make it better) at least in Desi circles and within us Indians!...but the moment this discussion or frowning is demonstrated outside the circle and in front of foreigners for whom our word is all that they ever need to form an opinion about our Country back home is what is absolutely and completely WRONG!
You will never find any nationality doing that; have you ever heard a Chinese or a Japanese do that in front of you?…How about a Brazilian, Colombian, Venezuelan etc. etc. (I am quoting third world countries too…just so that the equation is not lopsided!)

Per haan we Desi’s here abroad and back in India definitely need to move over from the high wagon when discussing constructive criticism within ourselves and stop passing very generalized and derogatory comments to each other like,”Kal he Amreeka aye the, aer eeb dekhho!”…

dahiyasaab
August 30th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Aur Dr sahab jis catgory ka aap ne aur Sagunji ne jikar kiya hae unki kya India me kami hae? You go to any such campus and witness these incidents fequently.

I want to share a little but true story with you.
This Radio Tarana I have mentioned have got Daily program for Birthday Greetings and some times while airing this program they contact the relatives of the person any where in the world and talk to them on air.

One such evening the presenper of the program contacted in Amritsar the sister of the lady who was celebrating her birthday in Auckland.

The presenter was talking in hindi and the lady from Amritsar was replying in English. Then the presenter perhaps realised that he was talking to someone in Punjab and try to converse in Tuti Phuti Punjabi. But to my surprise the lady kept talking in English.

Aur Dur jane ki jarurat nahi, kuchh log Jatland per bhi mojud hnai.
So exceptions are every where.

sidha aur sateec jawab !
aapse sehmat hoon sahab !

lucky
August 30th, 2005, 12:23 PM

u r pertty pirotic for usa.wel i want to tell u most of these people were from india educated here. so thy r indians. and if u donot like being soft i am sorry to say thn donot be roud.i have up ths topic to know people views but not to read harsh comments. i know wht is india and wht u
EXCEPT FROM A COUNTRY WHICH HAS NOT EVEN CELEBRATED 100 YEARS OF FREEDOM.WHN AMERICA GOT FREEDOM DO U KNOW WHT WAS HAPPNING THERE.THEY WERE KILLING EACH OTHER AND BLACKS.WE DONOT KILL ANY ONE FOR THIER COLOR.in thses years of freedom we have faced 3 wars. we have become 2 lasgest coutry for population.have u seen american and canadian population. and 3rd we have so good corrupted politicals.does america had.it is now wht is it today is mostly becoz of indian brains in technology.

brad
August 30th, 2005, 07:36 PM
excuse, excuse and more excuse, thats all india is good for.
we dont kill for color, we have lot more options to choose from: religion, language, caste, gender, ego, politics etc etc etc.
read any inteviews with these big shot guys, the and to the Qs "Would/Could u have done it in India?" is always a big NO.
No one can survive w/o a suitable ecosystem. Ecosystem is what a country is supposed to provide and not population.

I am proud and feel lucky to be born in India, but that does not mean I am proud of everything or anthing India. I critisize bcos I care for it. I do my part and want everyone else to do there bit. Dont give excuse, dont live in past, live for the future.
Do it !

shailendra
August 30th, 2005, 07:55 PM
u r pertty pirotic for usa.wel i want to tell u most of these people were from india educated here. so thy r indians. and if u donot like being soft i am sorry to say thn donot be roud.i have up ths topic to know people views but not to read harsh comments. i know wht is india and wht u
EXCEPT FROM A COUNTRY WHICH HAS NOT EVEN CELEBRATED 100 YEARS OF FREEDOM.

Quote-Unquote again:
'Per haan we Desi’s here abroad and back in India definitely need to move over from the high wagon when discussing constructive criticism within ourselves and stop passing very generalized and derogatory comments to each other like,”Kal he Amreeka aye the, aer eeb dekhho!”…'

Ps. By the way Shagun I hope you do realize that it's quite an ordeal just trying to carefully 'read' your responses sometimes?...
Please try and not use so much of text messaging kinda shorthand language, not to mention maybe doing just a quick spell check before, specially when trying to include words like 'Pirotic' (Patriotic?) or 'roud' (rude?) might be worthwhile... [I know we are all blogging here, sure!... and it's not some spelling competition after all, but what is the use if no one can make head-tail of what you write after you having obviously spent some time and energy on it???]
Look, I personally feel that it lowers the thought process presentation and puts you into a written handicap right away even when voicing some thought provoking and good responses!
Aur bhaee, agar Hindi mein likhna hai to phir Hindi sahee!!!

brad
August 31st, 2005, 02:21 AM
i know wht is india and wht u
EXCEPT FROM A COUNTRY WHICH HAS NOT EVEN CELEBRATED 100 YEARS OF FREEDOM.WHN AMERICA GOT FREEDOM DO U KNOW WHT WAS HAPPNING THERE.THEY WERE KILLING EACH OTHER AND BLACKS.

when we got freedom, we too were killing each other and still killing.
do u want to keep killing till we are 100 yrs old?
why dont we learn from history and not repeate the same mistakes?
i dont have time to wait for another 50yrs, i want to see india good today.

lucky
August 31st, 2005, 04:36 AM
Quote-Unquote again:
'Per haan we Desi’s here abroad and back in India definitely need to move over from the high wagon when discussing constructive criticism within ourselves and stop passing very generalized and derogatory comments to each other like,”Kal he Amreeka aye the, aer eeb dekhho!”…'

Ps. By the way Shagun I hope you do realize that it's quite an ordeal just trying to carefully 'read' your responses sometimes?...
Please try and not use so much of text messaging kinda shorthand language, not to mention maybe doing just a quick spell check before, specially when trying to include words like 'Pirotic' (Patriotic?) or 'roud' (rude?) might be worthwhile... [I know we are all blogging here, sure!... and it's not some spelling competition after all, but what is the use if no one can make head-tail of what you write after you having obviously spent some time and energy on it???]
Look, I personally feel that it lowers the thought process presentation and puts you into a written handicap right away even when voicing some thought provoking and good responses!
Aur bhaee, agar Hindi mein likhna hai to phir Hindi sahee!!!
kya kur hojata hai.ok.lol
lol
well thanks for telling me :D