PDA

View Full Version : It makes a difference ....

karams
August 24th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Hi! All...

At times we should do things which can make a difference

It was early morning. On the beach was an elderly man. He walked with a cane, carefully surveying the beach that the receding tide had left exposed. Every now and then he bent to pick something up and toss it into the ocean. I watched with fascination as he carefully scanned the beach before him.

It was then that I realized he was looking for starfish. Every time he saw one lying helpless in the sand, unable to get back to the ocean on its own, he would lovingly pick it up and toss it gently back into the sea.

Curious as to why he was doing this, I approached him. He told me, "The starfish are left behind after the tide goes out. If they don't get back into the ocean they will dry up and die beneath the hot summer sun."

"But there are endless miles of beach and there must be millions of starfish," I said. "Surely you don't think you can save them all. What
difference can your efforts possibly make?"

Slowly the old man bent over and picked up another starfish. As he tossed it into the ocean he looked at me and said, "It makes a difference to that one."

dikshasingh81
August 24th, 2005, 02:31 PM
very well written!!!!! and a nice message too!!!!

sanjay22dahiya
August 30th, 2005, 05:16 PM
It's really makes a difference.Well said Mr. karam Veer.You must have heard of famous phrase " Boond-2 se sagar banta hai aur boond-2 sagar gattaa hai".
We all blame our political & democratic system for corruption,communilism etc.Though a individual can't change this entire system even if he/she gets total freedom & powers to do anything,i mean ,even if he becomes the dictator of this world,nobody can bring RAM-RAJYA again.But we all can change ourselves,no-one can force us to become corrupt or do anything wrong which is bad for our society.It's all about positive attitute & strong determination.If we can change ourselves,the WORLD will automatically change.
"har boond apne ap ko badalne ka fasela kar le to sagar badalne me dher nahi lagegi"
I'd like to tell u a story of four people named SOMEBODY ,EVERYBODY ,NOBODY & ANYBODY.There is a work to be done & EVERYBODY knows that ANYBODY can do it,but NOBODY realised that EVERYBODY can't do it.ANYBODY could have done it easily but NOBODY took initiative.EVERYBODY thought that SOMEBODY else will do it.In this way the work is still pending & waiting for someone to come forward.
I'd like you all to come forward & complete the work because
"ITS MAKES A DIFFERENCE"

Warm Regards

Sanjay Dahiya
InfoVisiongroup

devdahiya
August 30th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Hi! All...

At times we should do things which can make a difference

It was early morning. On the beach was an elderly man. He walked with a cane, carefully surveying the beach that the receding tide had left exposed. Every now and then he bent to pick something up and toss it into the ocean. I watched with fascination as he carefully scanned the beach before him.

It was then that I realized he was looking for starfish. Every time he saw one lying helpless in the sand, unable to get back to the ocean on its own, he would lovingly pick it up and toss it gently back into the sea.

Curious as to why he was doing this, I approached him. He told me, "The starfish are left behind after the tide goes out. If they don't get back into the ocean they will dry up and die beneath the hot summer sun."

"But there are endless miles of beach and there must be millions of starfish," I said. "Surely you don't think you can save them all. What
difference can your efforts possibly make?"

Slowly the old man bent over and picked up another starfish. As he tossed it into the ocean he looked at me and said, "It makes a difference to that one."

Karam kiye ja fal ki ichchha mat kar re insaan
Jaise karam karega vaise fal dega bhagwaan.

Baat dil ko chhoo gai bhai KARAMVEER! Thanx!

aryapv
September 1st, 2005, 02:42 PM
Very nice ...

devdahiya
March 25th, 2006, 08:31 PM
What a great post this but unfortunately people don't dwell on these things....How sad.......???

deswal
March 25th, 2006, 10:00 PM
There is a similar instance from Abraham Lincoln’s life. Let me repeat it for the benefit of those did not hear before:

Once Lincoln and one of his friends were travelling through a jungle. Lincoln stopped his horse, came down, picked up an insect (that was big enough to be visible to the horse rider,off course) from the ground, placed that insect aside (away from the path) and resumed his journey.

His friend looked questioningly at Lincoln and asked. “What do you get out of this, Abe?”
“Pleasure! And that is important to me, you know!” Replied Lincoln.

devdahiya
March 25th, 2006, 10:04 PM
There is a similar instance from Abraham Lincoln’s life. Let me repeat it for the benefit of those did not hear before:

Once Lincoln and one of his friends were travelling through a jungle. Lincoln stopped his horse, came down, picked up an insect (that was big enough to be visible to the horse rider,off course) from the ground, placed that insect aside (away from the path) and resumed his journey.

His friend looked questioningly at Lincoln and asked. “What do you get out of this, Abe?”

'What a pleasure but'............Thats why he was such a great man.

sjakhars
March 26th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Very nice Deswal sir.
It makes difference and gives pleasure.
As Sanjay explained, it makes big difference if we could do small things daily and continuously.But we always want to see change in a day or two. If we start small things on our own it makes a difference.

pnauhwar21
December 21st, 2006, 01:28 AM
Fabulous message...

rajeshrathee
December 21st, 2006, 02:10 AM
Great , Simply Superb