PDA

View Full Version : Hatred

devdahiya
September 1st, 2005, 10:47 PM
Dear members,

It is a matter of concern that our society is moving towards a disaster of own makings. Today we stand devided on Religion,cast,creed,colour,area,colony[so on and so forth] lines. There are GOHANAS,Gurgaons, Aligarhs,Kanpurs,Hyderabads and also at world level Afganistans, Iraqs, Somalias etc-2. Question is; why we humanbeings are so greedy about every thing that our tolerance level is so low and that we get carried away by slightest provocations by vested interests. Huminity is crying and a handful of mighty and crafty fellas are busy playing games with masses thereby making these hapless people dance at their tune.I fail to understand that whyTHIS problem does not belong to none of us indvidually but still each one of us get affected by it, directly or indirectly. Why so much hatred all around? There had been and still is an undercurrent of hatred at this very site where a handful of people visit. I fail to understand as to what are we upto and where do we want to travel to?

"LIFE'S TASTE IS IN LIVING IT WITH LOVE AND NOT IN KILLING IT WITH HATRED"

devdahiya
September 25th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Never hate anyone ever if you want to live in peace.

scsheorayan
September 25th, 2005, 04:52 PM
:) Dev,
You have raised a good question. The answer to some of us is quite obvious.
It is plain and simple. That we stopped being Jats or ignored our culture and heritage.

Culture of any society takes generations and experience of those generations reflects in it's do's and don'ts. When children stop listening to their parents the cultural progress graph moves into negative territory. The nett effect is the wisdom of centuries acquired in the form of culture starts collecting dust and life is dictated by short term policies. Youth is full of energy and enthusiasm but area also very impatient. In our culture parents, teachers and elders in the society considered it their duty to guide the youth in right direction. Direction which may be hard at times but results were not measured in terms of quantity of wealth and possessions but the effect of love and friendship one could derive from other members of society.

It was always true and still is that we get what we seek. Those who seek instant gratification concentrate all their ability towards it. The effect is that other factors e.g. effect on society, long term results on individual's character etc take low priority. The greatest misfortune of our community is that people have started to ignore the age old rule that "Money without labor is evil"

It is not to say that every one falls in to this category. There are some very good exceptions for example this morning SBS Radio in Sydney had broadcast an interview with one young Indian lad who found $10,000/- lying on the road. He picket it up, went to work, came home, had dinner and then went to police station to return the money. That is a splendid example of honesty. It never occured to him to keep the money for himself because he knew that the money was not earned by him and he had no right to it. He did return it to rightful owner. That is justice and makes every one proud. Let us hear how many readers will do the same. Review the results and you will have your answer.

Good luck.

raj2rif
September 25th, 2005, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=scsheorayan]:) Dev,
It is plain and simple. That we stopped being Jats or ignored our culture and heritage.

Culture of any society takes generations and experience of those generations reflects in it's do's and don'ts. When children stop listening to their parents the cultural progress graph moves into negative territory. The nett effect is the wisdom of centuries acquired in the form of culture starts collecting dust and life is dictated by short term policies. Youth is full of energy and enthusiasm but area also very impatient. In our culture parents, teachers and elders in the society considered it their duty to guide the youth in right direction. Direction which may be hard at times but results were not measured in terms of quantity of wealth and possessions but the effect of love and friendship one could derive from other members of society.

Dear Shorrayan Ji,

Thanks a lot for posting the example of young Indian returning the lost money found by him. I hope all of us do that when time comes.

The first paragraph of your post is however of concern to me, unless I understand it differently than the intent with which you have written that.
Dev Dahiya Ji has raised a very valid and good issue here. While it may not be practically possible for us to eradicate the hatered from the world, but we definitely can do it for ourselves. If we do so, does that mean that we stop being a Jat? as I understand your post. Do we take it that hatered is a part and parcel of being a Jat? May I request you to please give me some thing more on the topic with particular reference to the paragraph in question.

To me a human being should try and love every one if one can do that. It may definitely be difficult but surely not impossible. We need to curb and take control of our egos and most of our problems would be solved. I know some time ego drives a person to do a lot better than what he can do otherwise but that is the positive effects of ego. On the othe hand a person under the influence of ego may not listen to logic and take his/her decisions under prejudice which may not be the right course to follow.

Let us see what other members feel about it. A good topic indeed to discuss.

scsheorayan
September 26th, 2005, 08:18 AM

Sorry Virendra ji that is not what I meant. Intended message in the above para is that the hate is increasing because of decline in cultural values. Our culture does not teach us hate or egotism.These are short comings of human nature which we learn to contain through training or what you can say character building. When a person has not learnt the importance of humility and ethical code the ego is seen as all positive and self becomes all pervasive which shuts out external influence e.g. parental advice etc is ignored. It is not uncommon to hear youngsters say that it is not cool to do this or don't do this. Those are the people who try to make their own code of conduct without evaluating all impacts on self or other stake holders in their life . They have no patience to do a thorough risk assessment or implement risk mitigation strategies thereby causing disproportionately high negative impact on society for a very small gain to personal ego.
Hatred is as natural an emotion as love and through our dealings with others we can influence which one we help develop. Our culture teaches us to respect all life form and not to hurt others feelings. But when we get too much self centred it becomes difficult to gauge or care about others feelings. Which automatically gives rise to resentment and when sufficient resentment points have been earned it is redeemed with hate.:)

My intention of saying is that by being friendly to others we can minimise hate towards ourselves. Ofcourse every one may not agree with this theory and may have other ideas for discussion.

devdahiya
September 26th, 2005, 09:08 AM
1] "Hating people is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat.".......[H E Fosdick]

2] " Hate is a prolonged form of Suicide."............[Douglas Steere]

3] " Hatred never cease by hatred. By love alone they cease."...........[Buddha]

raj2rif
September 26th, 2005, 11:29 AM

Sorry Virendra ji that is not what I meant. Intended message in the above para is that the hate is increasing because of decline in cultural values. Our culture does not teach us hate or egotism.These are short comings of human nature which we learn to contain through training or what you can say character building. When a person has not learnt the importance of humility and ethical code the ego is seen as all positive and self becomes all pervasive which shuts out external influence e.g. parental advice etc is ignored. It is not uncommon to hear youngsters say that it is not cool to do this or don't do this. Those are the people who try to make their own code of conduct without evaluating all impacts on self or other stake holders in their life . They have no patience to do a thorough risk assessment or implement risk mitigation strategies thereby causing disproportionately high negative impact on society for a very small gain to personal ego.
Hatred is as natural an emotion as love and through our dealings with others we can influence which one we help develop. Our culture teaches us to respect all life form and not to hurt others feelings. But when we get too much self centred it becomes difficult to gauge or care about others feelings. Which automatically gives rise to resentment and when sufficient resentment points have been earned it is redeemed with hate.:)

My intention of saying is that by being friendly to others we can minimise hate towards ourselves. Ofcourse every one may not agree with this theory and may have other ideas for discussion.

Dear Sheorayan Ji,

Thanks a lot for the explination. I agree with you on the above to some extent. While the argument of "it is cool to do it or not to do it" may not be to our liking some times, it need not necessarily be the wrong decision on their part. All of us view things differently. In my experience the younger generation is far more informed and probably responsive then what my experience has been about my young age. This is probably due to the means of communications and opportunities available these days. But are all of them making full use of these opportunities the answer is a big "NO". But then this has always been the case. In a society while some make use of time others don't. In my opinion the success and failure are directly proportional to the fact "who made best use of time".
I am firm believer of the age old saying "if you waste time, time will waste you out".

Once again thanks a lot for the explaination. I really appreciate it.

devdahiya
November 27th, 2005, 07:52 AM
I am at pains to note that hatred is on rise every where and love is getting butchered. Humanity is crying and hatred is being spread in every corner of the planet. Have we lost all sensibilities?

navingulia
November 27th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Respected all,
a few words from me
1. If you resort to hatred it hurts and harms you yourself the most.
2. The common man is not wise. He is manipulated, instigated and provoked into doing everything by the leaders.
3. In every school we have books of all subjects but no book of wisdom.
Are there any books which teach you 'hatred and the harm it causes' or 'the futility of anger' or 'the essence of happiness' or 'fighting never helps'. As a kid or in school, i was never taught this and it took me a lot of time as an adult to learn it but in the end i am lucky to have learned them.
Regards
Navin Gulia

devdahiya
November 21st, 2006, 10:49 AM
Respected all,
a few words from me
1. If you resort to hatred it hurts and harms you yourself the most.
2. The common man is not wise. He is manipulated, instigated and provoked into doing everything by the leaders.
3. In every school we have books of all subjects but no book of wisdom.
Are there any books which teach you 'hatred and the harm it causes' or 'the futility of anger' or 'the essence of happiness' or 'fighting never helps'. As a kid or in school, i was never taught this and it took me a lot of time as an adult to learn it but in the end i am lucky to have learned them.
Regards
Navin Gulia

Though it is a natural emotion but if one forms a habit of hating...it ruins the subject without doubt.Sooner one realizes..better it is!