PDA

View Full Version : coaching for CAT

sanjay22dahiya
September 2nd, 2005, 07:24 PM
Hi all

my sister is persuing B.A Eng.(H) from delhi university & aiming for CAT,could anyone guide me where to get best coaching for CAT in delhi.

anujdahiya
September 2nd, 2005, 09:45 PM
Hi Sanjay

I don't really know if there is anything like the best coaching institute. In my opinion all the top institutes like CL, IMS and Time are at par. What makes the difference is the amount of work the student puts in not what the institute does. An institute does help in finetuning of the fundamentals and maintaining regularity.

If you are really bullish in joining an institute, I suggest you select the one which is closest to your place. Secondly if you decide against joining an institute for regular coaching classes, I suggest you do enroll yourself for the test series of a couple of coaching institutes. It really makes a difference.

Anuj Dahiya
IIM Lucknow

rajeshsolanki
September 3rd, 2005, 09:58 AM
Hello

Go For Career Forum ( Near Iit Delhi),, This Is Best Institute For Cat,,,

Thanks

amitdabas
September 3rd, 2005, 07:52 PM
I made it through iim blore, and like Anuj, I don't feel there's much difference between the top institutes like career launcher or ims. you can just buy their material to study at home, the classes mainly help in providing motivation and building regularity. the test series though are very important, and one should join them if nothing else.

there are two things needed for cat/gmat which are more long-term and cannot be learnt overnight, or even in 6 months. the first thing is being fast with numbers, that is u shud b able to multiply, divide, square, cube numbers mentally as far as possible.

the second, perhaps more important thing, is good reading habits. it helps a great deal if u love reading and have been reading novels and other books since childhood. In most of the reading comprehension and english usage questions, it is very hard to pin-point why a particular answer is correct. The correct choice just feels right, and this skill you develop only after years of reading. A lot of people confuse good english with a high vocabulary. A good vocabulary is important, but it's not going to help you much in itself.

srirangan
September 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Hi all

my sister is persuing B.A Eng.(H) from delhi university & aiming for CAT,could anyone guide me where to get best coaching for CAT in delhi.
The coaching institutes make puppets out of students, whereas the CAT paper tests aptitute. Last year in 2004, thousands of coaching students got almost cheated as what the coachinghad trained them, an absolute opposite paper appeared.

sumitpawar
September 4th, 2005, 06:58 PM
hey frnd

as like anuj bhai said all the institutes are same its true the preparation for CAT all depends upon how much hardwork u can put in and how much smart ur and how much knowledge u have. bcoz CAT is not anly abt testing ur skills but also ur smartness.
if u ask abt the instituts than IMS, CL and TIME are three gud insti in del go for anyone of them they are equal but before joining anyone of them made ur mind abt cost and distance .

and for any kind of further help u can ask me any time even i am also frm del and doing my mba frm del only .

all the best :)

srirangan
September 4th, 2005, 06:59 PM
hey frnd

as like anuj bhai said all the institutes are same its true the preparation for CAT all depends upon how much hardwork u can put in and how much smart ur and how much knowledge u have. bcoz CAT is not anly abt testing ur skills but also ur smartness.
if u ask abt the instituts than IMS, CL and TIME are three gud insti in del go for anyone of them they are equal but before joining anyone of them made ur mind abt cost and distance .

and for any kind of further help u can ask me any time even i am also frm del and doing my mba frm del only .

all the best :)
Where are you doing your MBA from? Which institute? :)

sumitpawar
September 4th, 2005, 07:02 PM
buddy Iam doing my MBA frm FORE school of mgt , I gave cat this yr got 91%ile and Iam in first year

srirangan
September 4th, 2005, 07:05 PM
buddy Iam doing my MBA frm FORE school of mgt , I gave cat this yr got 91%ile and Iam in first year
Nice .. I'll be giving CAT this year :)

sumitpawar
September 4th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Nice .. I'll be giving CAT this year :)

all the best buddy :)

sanjay22dahiya
September 6th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Hi all

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience,i totally agree with u all,its all depends on how much efforts she puts in to achieve her goal.Coaching will definately help her to have a clear picture of competion.

Thanks again for guidance

sanjay dahiya

neer3010
October 3rd, 2005, 11:04 AM
jai ram ji ki sanjay,

there is nothing like best coaching rather it depends on student how he/she is dedicated ............. but i agree u still need a good guide to go
i took coaching for my MCA entrance exams from PT,kailash colony and PT (professional tuters) helped me a lot they were very good

for MBA or u can say CAT also PT provide a good coching at diffrent centers in delhi

u can also check out CL (Career Launcher), Connaut Place one of my friend took coching from there for CAT and now she is in some good institute

regards
neer

Hi all

vivek_kadyan
December 1st, 2005, 06:03 PM
dear Sajay,
there r a lots of institutes who coach for CAT n the main problem for we people is to choose the best one amongst those.TIME EDUCATON n CARRIER LAUNCHERS r most renowned ones.one of my close friend is faculty for math and data interpretation in TIME EDUCATION.He will counsell you as and when u want.he is MAHAVIR SINGH SHEKHAWAT(9868541701),U can consult him any time just telling my name.
vivek kadyan