PDA

View Full Version : ‘A’ for Apple……BCDEFG…….‘P’ for Passion fruit and ‘M’ for Mickey mouse !

gaganjat
September 5th, 2005, 12:13 PM
‘A’ for Apple……BCDEFG…….‘P’ for Passion fruit and ‘M’ for Mickey mouse !

Right! Its not ‘M’ for MANGO (like in India)

It’s a sad story that people in countries like Australia , UK , US etc. have hardly seen or tasted nice Mangoes. Mangoes are congested to small shelves of big super markets and almost missing from small shops. Hardly any variety can be seen, one kind makes it a whole range of Mango.

I pay like $4 (say Rs.140) for one Mango which tastes worse than a tomato. :mad:
I have to confine myself buying Mango nectar , dried mango etc.

Mango is called ‘King of fruits’ in India and we have got like thousands of varieties. I have seen them in Mango festivals organised in Delhi.

Varieties like Dasheri, chausa, langda etc. tastes better than any dessert in the world (except Rasmalai :rolleyes: )

Are all the other people in these countries are experiencing the same difficulty in getting nice mangoes ? :confused:

Your views please.

eschauhan
September 5th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Dear Mr. Nitin Dahiya, Administor of Jatland,

I have seen from last 3/4 days there are coming some different kind of comments on each other. How much correct and how much right they are I don’t know.
But one thing I have noticed that you have changed some settings in the site as follows:-
1. In members' area ---- There are people visited today not visible in the site --- not good - it should be visible - at least we can see who of our friends visited today, so we can be sure to know them more.
2. One more important is - - you have changed the setting in matrimonial. The photos are not visible in thumbs size as it was earlier, please do it as before.

-----
Apart from above try to refresh the site by giving the good views here sparing the example of Jat, Jatni, Tau, Hukka, Katda etc , don’t make the site of fools here making the silly laugh at jat community.... we are educated now. By giving these type of satire our goodwill goes down around the world through this site. Some people think that this is their culture, yes culture is rich everywhere, but submitting as a point of foolishness is not recommended at all. I know there will come many replis on this point, but I have to say it.

I request you to make our site more useful rather then to a platform of fools (sorry to say) so no Praveen should leave the site.

Regards.

Ekta

poonam
September 5th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Similar tragic scenario here Gagan.. :mad:

Hard to find a delicious mango in this part of the world.

Looks like gone are the days when we used to relish those sweet smelling and great tasting mangoes…What we eat is canned preserved mangoes…awful!!

eschauhan
September 5th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Similar tragic scenario here Gagan.. :mad:

Hard to find a delicious mango in this part of the world.

Looks like gone are the days when we used to relish those sweet smelling and great tasting mangoes…What we eat is canned preserved mangoes…awful!!

Hi, Poonam,

Correct , gone are the days of good mangoes, u r right.

Ekta

poonam
September 5th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Hi, Poonam,

Correct , gone are the days of good mangoes, u r right.

Ekta

Ekta, gone are the days to theek sae...par don't you think your previous post is misplaced here in the mangoes....yo raasa samajh naa ayaa.. :eek:

eschauhan
September 5th, 2005, 01:22 PM
hun, yes , Poonam, it is misplaced here. i feel. But I wanted to give this message everywhere.
Actualy I want to place a new quate that I dnt know how to make it ? Please tell me - if I want write a fresh qoute so how to do it ?

poonam
September 5th, 2005, 01:30 PM
hun, misplaced here. i feel. But I liked to give the message everywhere.
Actualy I want to place a new quatebthat I dnt know how to make it ? Please tell me - if I want rite a fresh qoute so how to do it ?

:) :)
Click on the section (General tralk, Current affairs..blah blah,,) and then click on the 'New thread' on top, write your stuff...pretty simple.. :)

dahiyarules
September 5th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I get acne when I eat mangoes. Its really not worth it. But, honestly, its a great fruit.

eschauhan
September 5th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Click on the section (General tralk, Current affairs..blah blah,,) and then click on the 'New thread' on top, write your stuff...pretty simple.. :)

OK, I am trying, my dear .

eschauhan
September 5th, 2005, 01:38 PM

Yes I got it and I did it, oh, Poonam very good, You tuoght me. Actually I am not very good in doing that, but I will not gorget it. My love to you. Be happy.

priti
September 6th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Aren't there any indian areas where you can find desi mangoes in summer?? I got a box from indian area in london this summer....but definitely, mangoes are not as freely available as in india...especially the supermarket ones are horrible...they have no taste or the aroma we associate with mangoes back home...woh safeda...woh dussheri....yummmmy...

maybe somebody can start trading indian mangoes...good for profit ...good for indian communities abroad!

dahiyarules
September 6th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Its illegal to import produce from India. Mangoes and other fresh fruit fall in the category.

devdahiya
September 6th, 2005, 09:02 AM
‘A’ for Apple……BCDEFG…….‘P’ for Passion fruit and ‘M’ for Mickey mouse !

Right! Its not ‘M’ for MANGO (like in India)

It’s a sad story that people in countries like Australia , UK , US etc. have hardly seen or tasted nice Mangoes. Mangoes are congested to small shelves of big super markets and almost missing from small shops. Hardly any variety can be seen, one kind makes it a whole range of Mango.

I pay like $4 (say Rs.140) for one Mango which tastes worse than a tomato. :mad:
I have to confine myself buying Mango nectar , dried mango etc.

Mango is called ‘King of fruits’ in India and we have got like thousands of varieties. I have seen them in Mango festivals organised in Delhi.

Varieties like Dasheri, chausa, langda etc. tastes better than any dessert in the world (except Rasmalai :rolleyes: )

Are all the other people in these countries are experiencing the same difficulty in getting nice mangoes ? :confused:

Your views please.

Hi Gagan,

Bhai jibbe te kahya karoon mei," EAST OR WEST INDIA IS THE BEST." Koe baat na ibbke chakkar mei chhikk ke kha liye bhai. Mango is indeed a great fruit. Thanx for the update bhai.

haryanajat
September 6th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Its illegal to import produce from India. Mangoes and other fresh fruit fall in the category.
why is it illegal? Why mangoes come only from mexico here? Why not India?

jagmohan
September 6th, 2005, 09:45 AM
For friends who are abroad and are missing the taste of Indian Mangoes, here are few more varieties to tickle your taste buds:

Alphanso, Baiganpalli, Kesar, Totapuri, Rajapuri, Sundari, Safeda, Neelam, Chausa, Langda and Rumali...

Regards,

JS Malik

dahiyarules
September 6th, 2005, 10:19 AM
why is it illegal? Why mangoes come only from mexico here? Why not India?
Read my words. Its illegal to import mangoes from India. The US government restricts the import of certain items from certain countries. There are several reasons for it.

1. Protectionism: Cheap imports give a tough fight to relativelycostly domestic produce or imports from "friendly trading partners."

2. Fear of food Chain getting Infested: Indian farmers and other food producers use certian banned substances in their agricultural processes.

poonam
September 6th, 2005, 10:57 AM
For friends who are abroad and are missing the taste of Indian Mangoes, here are few more varieties to tickle your taste buds:

Alphanso, Baiganpalli, Kesar, Totapuri, Rajapuri, Sundari, Safeda, Neelam, Chausa, Langda and Rumali...

Regards,

JS Malik

Not fair Col. uncle, you left us drooling.... :)

hoo.. b.h.u..u...hu.u....b..h..o...o..o..(crying.. :D )

jagmohan
September 6th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Dr Sahiba,

I can understand the feelings of missing out on 'ghar ka khana', be it mangoes or other delicacies. Aur AAM khane ka tarika to sab se nyara hai. Balti mein do darjan badhiya Daseri or saath main kai kilo baraf dala jaata hain. Thanda hone ke baad do charpaiyon ke beech balti ko rakh kar phir maje se khaya jata hai.
Jab tak saare hath or muh na san jya, tab tak...

Agar ye sab soch kar aap subak rahi hain to phir to theek hai sob sob...

Regards,

JS Malik

itsnavin
September 6th, 2005, 12:48 PM

It may be the case in US but in France, I've seen mangoes imported from India and Pakistan. And more over they don't fall in cheap category. Price normally varies between 7-8€/kg.

gaganjat
September 6th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Gurrrrrrrr gurrrrrr ! I am dropping my Saliva everywhere like a 'Bhooka bhadiya' kahhhhhhhhhhhwwww :D

Mango mango aam aaam aaam mango aam :p

Regards,

JS Malik

jitender_singh
September 6th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Priti,

You can try that in Wembley..

Aren't there any indian areas where you can find desi mangoes in summer?? I got a box from indian area in london this summer....but definitely, mangoes are not as freely available as in india...especially the supermarket ones are horrible...they have no taste or the aroma we associate with mangoes back home...woh safeda...woh dussheri....yummmmy...

maybe somebody can start trading indian mangoes...good for profit ...good for indian communities abroad!

cooljat
September 6th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Yaar gagan,
I've sympathy with u mere bhai.
Eb mein to kabhi abroad nahin gaya but I can feel ki apne jaise desi Jat bhaiyon ko agar khanne mein desi khara heavy fuel na mile to apni kya halat hogi!

Waise, I feel myself lucky in the chap, coz bhai mere we've 2 mango trees in our home & they grow Langda mangoes in good quanitities!

U perhaps won't beleive that we've not spend a single rupee for the Mangoes this season coz ghar ke desi aamon ka maja hi kuch aur hai!

agle season me tuje 1-3 kg aam jaroor courir karwa doonga!

till then bear with all the NRI Jats! ;)

ram ram!

Rock on,
Jit

gaganjat
September 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Bhai Jit

Mai ghana bhunda dushman hu aama ka , 2-3 kilo aam to mai subhe bina muh dhoe , nind-nind mai kha jau su :D

Ar tanne bhejan ki soch ae li tae pure season ka consignment bhejie.

ar na tae apne ghar ka address de diye mai aapne aap jugad kar lunga aama ka.

Waise, I feel myself lucky in the chap, coz bhai mere we've 2 mango trees in our home & they grow Langda mangoes in good quanitities!

agle season me tuje 1-3 kg aam jaroor courir karwa doonga!

mukeshkumar007
September 7th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Bhai Jit

Mai ghana bhunda dushman hu aama ka , 2-3 kilo aam to mai subhe bina muh dhoe , nind-nind mai kha jau su :D

ar na tae apne ghar ka address de diye mai aapne aap jugad kar lunga aama ka.

Jitu Bhai, Address Dhari mat na deyi........ bhool ke bi nahi, nahi to bechara langda aam, hi nahi mangoes tree bhi langde ho jayenge..... :D

Gagan bhai apne yeh baat bata kar apne pairo par khuladi khood hi mar lee.... :)