PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Jatland.com

haritta
September 8th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Well friends I am back again. Before I say anything my sincere thanks to Jatland.com and especially to Nitin for having done a great job. I have been a member of this site a little over two years now. My last post of any substance was on Dec.10th 2003. I have read good number of posts since then and would have loved to respond to some of them. I chose not do so as I promised myself let me see what i do to justify what I said in that post.
During this time i have paid three visits to India and thanks to jatland.com i had the opportunity to meet wonderful people. I will try to mention the names and i hope i dont miss out anyone.
In India i met the following and i am addressing them as Mr. Mrs. and Ms. as we are not using other titles to make us feel at ease.
Mr. Rajendar Rana, Mrs. Kanta Singh, Mrs. & Mr. Jagmohan Malik, Mrs. Sabeena Chaudhry, Ms. Nupur Singh and her parents, Mr. K.K.Pooria, Ms. Neena Khandelwal and her parents, Ms. Pratibha, Ms Meghna and her mother,
Ms. Twinkle, Ms. Reema Tomar and her sister, And Mr. Sangwan in Pune.
In London Mrs. Sarla Chaudhry.
In USA Mr.& Mrs. Samunder Singh, Mrs. & Mr. Prashant Sogarwal Mrs.& Mr. Ashu, Mr. Shailendar Singh Hooda and the whole Miami clan. If anyone of you get a chance visit them and you will not miss your jat roots. If you can get him going he even might make a great cartoon of you very talented man.Mr. Virendra Tavathia and his son, Mrs. & Mr. Virendar Balyan and just last month drove to Myrtle beach to meet Mr. Dharampal Dudee and his family. He has made great contribution to jatland and due whatever set of reasons left the site. I have requested him to comeback and contribute to this site he did a great job made very good contributions to this site.
I have talked to many people and its not worth wasting the readers time to read that.
Now my friends I am sure some of you are wondering that most of the youngsters i met were jatnis. Well thats what i want to share with you. I have randomly send emails and to my surprise i got a great response from our gals then the boys. Percentage wise 90% gals responded to just 30% of our boys. And let me tell you I got a very nice email from Sonali Singh who had her fun on jatland and vanished as she felt all we were interested is bashing eachother on little mute point. But again we all have our views and wont it be great that we really express our views based on the topic rather then pick one lame sentence and try to tear a person apart. It was me who sent email to Ms. Praveen Dangi not to ever leave jatland and also to Ms. Rana. Why so that they stand and give their views and not get frustrated by the replies to their views which are based not on what they really are asking. I can here relate to Ms. Praveen Dangis question which was only asking why phone numbers are asked and the whole discussion went in different directions. I dont blame her for what she did but i am glad she is back. And if some of you remember very few of our jat gals have made comments on this site. Have anyone given a second thought to this issue why it is so? People like Namrata, Nitz, Sabeena, Nupur, Kanta, Sonali , Sujata glad to see her again and many many more who have come and gone. I think Poonam has figured out the best formula and my hats off to her. Give no more then one liner and have fun enjoy reading and once a while give detail comments. great job Poonam keep it up. This can lead to another head and i will try now to respond to some of the threads as it will make more sense there.
Back to the point. I succeeded in helping one person to make her decision to go out for further studies and that was Reema. Been in constant touch with Balraj Dhaiya and trust me he has gone a lot but i am so glad that he is a fighter and thats being a true jat and finally has settled down in a good job. I assure you it would be great to pick some of his brains and experiences he has gone thru. Helped another brilliant jat gal Ms.Kiran Gulliya who now is in USA. Gave great moral support to new immigrants Nidhi and gordhan in Canada. By the way thanks to another jat family sister of our cooljat Jitendar Mehta who are always there for any jats who need their help in Canada. Now tell me my friends where else could I have found such wonderful people had I not been member of this site.
And i am mentioning this on this thread dont want another one to bore you to death. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AND PLEASE DONT CALL OUR CHILDREN HERE ABCD'S. Just remember they have jat blood in them and they are wonderful children. Try to understand them if you get to meet them try to make friends with them. And i will mention very limited names which i know off head so you can see what these ABCD' s have achieved. Learn to appreciate little things in life dont try to put down anyone in a spur of a moment. If you were in their shoes you would know what it takes to grow up in two cultures. I would rather discuss this on one to one basis if anyone of you have any interest to know about it. One of our jatland member has put it beautifully i think it is Mr. Dev Dhaiya learn to appreciate what one does for you even if it is kind words. So here are few names of parents whose children have done well.
Jaglan family three boys doctors and two daughter doctors.
Kaden family only child she was thru out a gifted and finally finished her medicine from John Hopkins
Lamba family daughter graduated from Havard
Mathur family son graduated from Harvard and daughter from Princeton
Dhaka family one son Phd in Molecular genetics, another one done Law from Gerogetown and the third one doing MBA in MIT
And at present Sujata's daughter doing so well. Now my friends if i was you I would have flooded Sujata,s email box to find out what her daughter has done that she is always on top of her class. You all are going to at one point start a family dont you think you should produce good citizens and learn the easy way by asking the expereinced people to see what can be done? As they say charity starts at home i assure you all, that if you decide to take the path of just educating your own children to become good citizens half the battle of lifting our community will be won. So please try to pick brains and to that add yours and you will do wonders in life.
Last I just cannot help it Kalkhande Sahib you are a masterpiece. Where else can one get a person who so admirably puts the fee of just Rs. 500 for RI and $200 for NRI ( Rs. 8800 ) wow. I thought conventions always have same fees for everyone. The rest is done by sponsers. Hats off to you for keeping this site alive I wish to meet you some day so we can have a great talk.
Thanks my jatland friends for taking time to read this and I can hardly wait to see some comments. Maybe I will get lucky and get none.
By the way Sumit hopefully something will come thru it was a pleasure to talk to you. To tell you the truth Jatland.com is the best chill pill one can ever ask for. Now i guess i have touched some nervers to give me a bashing its ok i can take.

rkumar
September 8th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Last I just cannot help it Kalkhande Sahib you are a masterpiece. Where else can one get a person who so admirably puts the fee of just Rs. 500 for RI and $200 for NRI ( Rs. 8800 ) wow. I thought conventions always have same fees for everyone. ....

Baljit Bhai,

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful sum-up of so many great things. Its really heartening to hear so many good things on one post. We all hope to hear more good news about the people whose names you have mentioned. We are all proud of them.

Now just a clarification on two different fee structures. I took my reasons from the fee structures of various international events held in India where they have these two fee structures. May be we NRIs can call it INR's purchasing power...LOL.. Even Indian hotels have two tariff rates, one for Indians and another for Non-Indians.. However, it was just a suggestion and nothing like final word. Members can always debate and decide the right fee structure.

Hope to hear good news from you more often. Please accept my very personal thanks for doing such a wonderful service for our community. I am sure many of us will draw inspirations from the great work you have been doing.

Regards
Rajendra

shailendra
September 8th, 2005, 09:59 PM
In USA Mr.& Mrs. Samunder Singh, Mrs. & Mr. Prashant Sogarwal Mrs.& Mr. Ashu, Mr. Shailendar Singh Hooda and the whole Miami clan. If anyone of you get a chance visit them and you will not miss your jat roots. If you can get him going he even might make a great cartoon of you very talented man.

To tell you the truth Jatland.com is the best chill pill one can ever ask for. Now i guess i have touched some nervers to give me a bashing its ok i can take.

Baljeet Bhaisaab welcome back! Phir Miami kab aa rahe ho!?! By the way, aap katee chaa rahe ho...it was nice to see so many people recognizing all your pro-bono good work and talking so highly of you...

Also thanks for the kind words in your post for me and rest of the big clan here! :D

Aer ebbae bera pattyaa kae mhaaree baatan sae to koi Jatland nae chode wapas aanta konya ;) , to phaer eeb yo un sabnae wapas bulaya kisnae! Who managed the great feat!?! LOL... Well, like they say,"Whatever it takes"... so, The award goes to you!

Anyways keep posting, and see you soon!

devdahiya
September 8th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Honoured to see someone talking so nice and soothing about the majority. Tears rolled down my eyes. After a long time,someone has talked his heart out. Thanx Baljit bhai. Best wishes to you and all jats everywhere.God Speed!

jtsagi
September 9th, 2005, 02:59 AM
The problems of the world, or even your community, might seem gigantic. Unfortunately, they often are. You might even feel like there’s no point trying to do anything. Honestly, how can one person really make a change in everything that needs to be done out there? Here's a perfect example in Baljit Singh.

It's YOU i thank for helping out so many folks in our community. It's not an easy thing to do what you have done in this land of opportunities where the focus is entirely on "I" as opposed to "We". It's a very individualistic society which has it's own positives as well as negatives. Dont want to start a debate on that one...... The bottom line is you stood tall (or should say I tallest) among the members of community abroad (There are few others as well which everyone knows about) and took time, effort and energy to help make a difference in the life's of so many people. When there is a will, there is a way. Hopefully we all will learn from you about giving back to our community.

I know I havent been in touch with you for a while now. Will talk to you soon!

dahiyarules
September 9th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks a lot Sir !

Its heartening to know that so many of our fellow Jats are doing so well in great institutions. When I came here I was looking at my pocket and not at my prospects. But I am sure that by the time its time for our next generation to go for higher education, our community would have pooled in enough resources to make it happen. For now I have pushed myself through my undergraduate proram by hook or by crook. :D Its time for me to take the next step, and that is to secure an internship. And with all my heart I want to acknowledge Mr. Baljit Singh's assitance in helping me ecure one. As most of us know that its a very tough task, but wiht the help I am getting, I am sure I will pull it off. I ll keep ya'll posted on this one.

even though I have somewhat differnet views compared to most mebers on this site, I love everyone, because they have the courage to come forward and speak their mind. views are only secondary. Faith completes a person. SHailender Hooda and I have locked horns on several occasions. But his depth of understanding so many htings and diverse talents amazes me. So ya'' folks listen up: we may not agree on certain things but we still have a lot in common to love each other.

I hope that more members of our community share Mr. SIngh's spirit, and keep the flame glowing.

haritta
September 9th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Thankyou Kalkhande sahib, Shailendar, Jatin and Sumit. You all have no idea how my heart goes out to jats. Trust me i have spend most of my life with other communities and i understand them too well to let you all know. Trust me unless we get wise they will never let us rise and always keep us divided. I try my best to do what i think is best and never let anything bother me on that account. Yes Sumit the whole idea of any discussion is agree not to agree and thats the only way one can excercise the mind. Becasue in any arguement no one is a winner. Jatin I have not intentionally called you to speak our harayanvi as i know you are tied down to no end between your work, MBA and Marathon practice. Now dont you all feel proud how hard our boys are working and coming up in this world. Sumit you are doing great there is plenty of time for you to do what you want to do just to manage to finance your studies itself is no joke.
Kalkhande ji bhai haam to aapko ched rahaee thee. I know we have two rates on lot of things way back home. You have no idea how much i have learned from you in the past year with your great posts and standing tight with these dynamic young boys. Bhai send me an email once a while.

rkumar
September 9th, 2005, 06:06 PM
........... unless we get wise they will never let us rise .................

What a wonderful quote you have embeded in your post Baljit Singh ji ..Its so poetic, so meaningful and so inspiring....I will always remember it.

Rajendra

cooljat
September 10th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Baljit bhaisaab,

Salutations to u big bro!!

Thanks a lot for posting sucha heart-touching post, quite overjoyed to read it & yup! thank u as well for the kind words for me n my sis and quite grateful to u for providing support to Nidhi & goverdhan...u may be aware that Goverdhan & my bro-in-law r very bosom friends & we have very closerealtions to his family.

I'm, myself feel quite lucky to be hear on Jatland & even made a lotta life-long friends, so I also very much grateful to Nitin Bro.

Long Live Jatland & Jatlanders! :)

Cheers!

rock on,
Jit.

PS- next time I'll surely meet u whenever u come to India.

rajneesh
September 10th, 2005, 08:39 PM
if u r honest wid your words then you r respect worthy else it's time pass.

poonam
September 11th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Dear Baljit

Excellent work!! My thumbs up to you!:)

Its remarkable that you could help those people in the vital decisions of their life and got a chance to see those many out there. Even if we can make a difference in one person’s life it is significant. Here on the internet forum one can contribute in form of words but to extrapolate those words to action amounts to lot of grit and guts.

As it is life is short and when it will end we don’t know that too! And most of the times we forget that we are not immortal. What all I want to get across is when breathing your last breath you should not be holding your breath trying to reminisce if you did something worthwhile during this uncertain journey called life.

Btw Baljit ji, thanks for the kind words for me. The policy is pretty simple though. There is always a need to devise such formulas to strike a right balance, isn’t it?

P.S. How do you know Savita and Anuj?

haritta
September 11th, 2005, 11:56 PM
thankyou Jitendar, Rajneesh and Poonam. I try my best to educate our community so they can even do better then what they are doing now. As progress should never end and one should never rest at ease for any project one takes in life. Don't let anything bother you in achieving your goals inlife. My good wishes are with you hope you all do well in life and help our community as well. Its tough but not impossible to educate our people to get ahead in life. We are hardworking sincere and by and large honest community. Thats why the others cannot see us grow and try to brand us as communal when we take some strong stand in public. And Priti mentioned in one of the posts we lack good PR . She has rightly used another beautiful word "PERCEPTION" just think about this when you all have spare time and it will answere lot of our questions of progress. Again if anyone are visiting this side please do come and stay with us and be our guests. I live in state of georgia about two hours drive from atlanta.

baljit

gaganjat
September 12th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Good to see Jats doin well around the world.
If anyone plan to visit WA or have any problems here, let me know.

mukeshkumar007
September 12th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Baljit Sir, Good Job. I will take you an example to go ahead in my life. People like you make all of us proud.

mukeshkumar007
September 12th, 2005, 02:52 PM
As it is life is short and when it will end we don’t know that too! And most of the times we forget that we are not immortal. What all I want to get across is when breathing your last breath you should not be holding your breath trying to reminisce if you did something worthwhile during this uncertain journey called life.

Oh!! I will remember your these words every day. Who know what will happened at next moment.

poonam
September 13th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Oh!! I will remember your these words every day. Who know what will happened at next moment.

Good that you recognize the worth and willing to imbibe it..:)

Wish you all the success!!

jagmohan
September 13th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Dear Baljit Ji,

Thanks for all that you have done for the community. I have always believed that even if we succeed in helping out ONE JAT in our lifetime, we should feel blessed. And here you are helping out so many young people. Great.

It was a pleasure meeting you. Next time around when you are in Meerut or Mumbai we shall spend more time together. And it is so nice talking to you in JATTU on a long distance international call. FBI waale bhi chhar kha jaate honge!!!

Keep up the good work and GOD would continue to bless you and your wonderful family and loved ones.

Regards,

JS Malik

shokeen123
September 13th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Dear Baljit Bhai:

Our community needs a few good leaders of your caliber. I salute your commitment and dedication, and promise to do my best, in whatever small ways I can at my end. Thanks for your genuine efforts.

Sujata

stokas
September 14th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Namaskaar Baljit Bhai,

You may be an inspiration for many - keep up the good work!!

These are the steps, one needs to take - to see our brothers and sisters on the fore-front.

Ram-Ram

- unknown
- One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be done. - Marie Currie

praveendangi
September 14th, 2005, 10:38 AM
hello mr. baljeet
its really a good post, we need motivator like u who motivate our young generation. everybody want a good guidence and i think u r the only one person who guide properly , u r a god sent gift for everyone who wants to achieve big in life, doing so much of good to the community definitely .............
keep it up mr. baljeet

Well friends I am back again. Before I say anything my sincere thanks to Jatland.com and especially to Nitin for having done a great job. I have been a member of this site a little over two years now. My last post of any substance was on Dec.10th 2003. I have read good number of posts since then and would have loved to respond to some of them. I chose not do so as I promised myself let me see what i do to justify what I said in that post.
During this time i have paid three visits to India and thanks to jatland.com i had the opportunity to meet wonderful people. I will try to mention the names and i hope i dont miss out anyone.
In India i met the following and i am addressing them as Mr. Mrs. and Ms. as we are not using other titles to make us feel at ease.
Mr. Rajendar Rana, Mrs. Kanta Singh, Mrs. & Mr. Jagmohan Malik, Mrs. Sabeena Chaudhry, Ms. Nupur Singh and her parents, Mr. K.K.Pooria, Ms. Neena Khandelwal and her parents, Ms. Pratibha, Ms Meghna and her mother,
Ms. Twinkle, Ms. Reema Tomar and her sister, And Mr. Sangwan in Pune.
In London Mrs. Sarla Chaudhry.
In USA Mr.& Mrs. Samunder Singh, Mrs. & Mr. Prashant Sogarwal Mrs.& Mr. Ashu, Mr. Shailendar Singh Hooda and the whole Miami clan. If anyone of you get a chance visit them and you will not miss your jat roots. If you can get him going he even might make a great cartoon of you very talented man.Mr. Virendra Tavathia and his son, Mrs. & Mr. Virendar Balyan and just last month drove to Myrtle beach to meet Mr. Dharampal Dudee and his family. He has made great contribution to jatland and due whatever set of reasons left the site. I have requested him to comeback and contribute to this site he did a great job made very good contributions to this site.
I have talked to many people and its not worth wasting the readers time to read that.
Now my friends I am sure some of you are wondering that most of the youngsters i met were jatnis. Well thats what i want to share with you. I have randomly send emails and to my surprise i got a great response from our gals then the boys. Percentage wise 90% gals responded to just 30% of our boys. And let me tell you I got a very nice email from Sonali Singh who had her fun on jatland and vanished as she felt all we were interested is bashing eachother on little mute point. But again we all have our views and wont it be great that we really express our views based on the topic rather then pick one lame sentence and try to tear a person apart. It was me who sent email to Ms. Praveen Dangi not to ever leave jatland and also to Ms. Rana. Why so that they stand and give their views and not get frustrated by the replies to their views which are based not on what they really are asking. I can here relate to Ms. Praveen Dangis question which was only asking why phone numbers are asked and the whole discussion went in different directions. I dont blame her for what she did but i am glad she is back. And if some of you remember very few of our jat gals have made comments on this site. Have anyone given a second thought to this issue why it is so? People like Namrata, Nitz, Sabeena, Nupur, Kanta, Sonali , Sujata glad to see her again and many many more who have come and gone. I think Poonam has figured out the best formula and my hats off to her. Give no more then one liner and have fun enjoy reading and once a while give detail comments. great job Poonam keep it up. This can lead to another head and i will try now to respond to some of the threads as it will make more sense there.
Back to the point. I succeeded in helping one person to make her decision to go out for further studies and that was Reema. Been in constant touch with Balraj Dhaiya and trust me he has gone a lot but i am so glad that he is a fighter and thats being a true jat and finally has settled down in a good job. I assure you it would be great to pick some of his brains and experiences he has gone thru. Helped another brilliant jat gal Ms.Kiran Gulliya who now is in USA. Gave great moral support to new immigrants Nidhi and gordhan in Canada. By the way thanks to another jat family sister of our cooljat Jitendar Mehta who are always there for any jats who need their help in Canada. Now tell me my friends where else could I have found such wonderful people had I not been member of this site.
And i am mentioning this on this thread dont want another one to bore you to death. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AND PLEASE DONT CALL OUR CHILDREN HERE ABCD'S. Just remember they have jat blood in them and they are wonderful children. Try to understand them if you get to meet them try to make friends with them. And i will mention very limited names which i know off head so you can see what these ABCD' s have achieved. Learn to appreciate little things in life dont try to put down anyone in a spur of a moment. If you were in their shoes you would know what it takes to grow up in two cultures. I would rather discuss this on one to one basis if anyone of you have any interest to know about it. One of our jatland member has put it beautifully i think it is Mr. Dev Dhaiya learn to appreciate what one does for you even if it is kind words. So here are few names of parents whose children have done well.
Jaglan family three boys doctors and two daughter doctors.
Kaden family only child she was thru out a gifted and finally finished her medicine from John Hopkins
Lamba family daughter graduated from Havard
Mathur family son graduated from Harvard and daughter from Princeton
Dhaka family one son Phd in Molecular genetics, another one done Law from Gerogetown and the third one doing MBA in MIT
And at present Sujata's daughter doing so well. Now my friends if i was you I would have flooded Sujata,s email box to find out what her daughter has done that she is always on top of her class. You all are going to at one point start a family dont you think you should produce good citizens and learn the easy way by asking the expereinced people to see what can be done? As they say charity starts at home i assure you all, that if you decide to take the path of just educating your own children to become good citizens half the battle of lifting our community will be won. So please try to pick brains and to that add yours and you will do wonders in life.
Last I just cannot help it Kalkhande Sahib you are a masterpiece. Where else can one get a person who so admirably puts the fee of just Rs. 500 for RI and $200 for NRI ( Rs. 8800 ) wow. I thought conventions always have same fees for everyone. The rest is done by sponsers. Hats off to you for keeping this site alive I wish to meet you some day so we can have a great talk.
Thanks my jatland friends for taking time to read this and I can hardly wait to see some comments. Maybe I will get lucky and get none.
By the way Sumit hopefully something will come thru it was a pleasure to talk to you. To tell you the truth Jatland.com is the best chill pill one can ever ask for. Now i guess i have touched some nervers to give me a bashing its ok i can take.