PDA

View Full Version : What do you think God looks like?

pnauhwar21
September 9th, 2005, 04:16 AM
Well this question has hounded me for quite long now so wanted to share thoughts from other people. Most of you must be atheists and some staunch believers of God but this question is not really subjective.

When I say what God looks like, I mean literally. I myself am not really much pooja-path person but still would like to believe in God. Whatever image we have of our gods is from our literatures and the numerous portraits of gods throughout time. One thing I fail to understand that who drew the first pictures of gods? Did they actually see them? Were they really gods or some aliens who flew in their spaceships to earth.

If they were aliens from other planets, where have their generations vanished now and why dont they visit as frequently as before and meet every common man and Not just those on a trip to Bermuda or working in secret US Govt. societies.

And if they were really some Higher dimension gods, why dont they appear now. Almost all of our major gods stayed on earth, isnt it. Krishna and Rama were born here. Shivji used to stay on Kailash. Durga stayed in caves. Why arent they taking birth now. I guess enough of paaps are happening on earth if thats the reason...

Secondly how were they born? out of nowhere? Geeta says we are part of a single spirit. But my question is why am I not a god? How were they born as Gods and we as humans?

Why do we aim to attain moksha? It is said Moksha should be our goal and that means no more births. We would be part of that one big Holy spirit (or is it black hole). If we have to be part of god anyhow, why the hell are we born and what for :( I guess almost 99% of us live our life eating, playing, playing responsible sons, parents, praying to god everyday and then finally dying? So what is the purpose of human birth? IS it just a big game that someone from above is playing :confused:

Though frankly speaking, I have always fantasised about seeing different Gods as we percieve them in pictures. Wouldnt it be great to see Indra with a big darbar filled with various apsaras. Or a visit to Vishnulok with all gods walking around..no worries in world and extreme sense of happiness. Or an adventorous trip to Shivlok with all kind of creepy ghosts lurking around and there in the middle Shivji in his viraat roop with a trishul giving u aashirwaad and talking to u in person..Wow..what a wishful thinking :rolleyes: And then in evening,we all can go to see Krishna's raasleela in gopilok.

I still have some more questions but I will ask them on responses from atleast some of you. I know most of the ppl. may not take it seriously but my questions are serious. I know you dont have answers either, but just wanted to know what other people think about our existence and of GOD. There are too many questions but lets start ....

devdahiya
September 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Well this question has hounded me for quite long now so wanted to share thoughts from other people. Most of you must be atheists and some staunch believers of God but this question is not really subjective.

When I say what God looks like, I mean literally. I myself am not really much pooja-path person but still would like to believe in God. Whatever image we have of our gods is from our literatures and the numerous portraits of gods throughout time. One thing I fail to understand that who drew the first pictures of gods? Did they actually see them? Were they really gods or some aliens who flew in their spaceships to earth.

If they were aliens from other planets, where have their generations vanished now and why dont they visit as frequently as before and meet every common man and Not just those on a trip to Bermuda or working in secret US Govt. societies.

And if they were really some Higher dimension gods, why dont they appear now. Almost all of our major gods stayed on earth, isnt it. Krishna and Rama were born here. Shivji used to stay on Kailash. Durga stayed in caves. Why arent they taking birth now. I guess enough of paaps are happening on earth if thats the reason...

Secondly how were they born? out of nowhere? Geeta says we are part of a single spirit. But my question is why am I not a god? How were they born as Gods and we as humans?

Why do we aim to attain moksha? It is said Moksha should be our goal and that means no more births. We would be part of that one big Holy spirit (or is it black hole). If we have to be part of god anyhow, why the hell are we born and what for :( I guess almost 99% of us live our life eating, playing, playing responsible sons, parents, praying to god everyday and then finally dying? So what is the purpose of human birth? IS it just a big game that someone from above is playing :confused:

Though frankly speaking, I have always fantasised about seeing different Gods as we percieve them in pictures. Wouldnt it be great to see Indra with a big darbar filled with various apsaras. Or a visit to Vishnulok with all gods walking around..no worries in world and extreme sense of happiness. Or an adventorous trip to Shivlok with all kind of creepy ghosts lurking around and there in the middle Shivji in his viraat roop with a trishul giving u aashirwaad and talking to u in person..Wow..what a wishful thinking :rolleyes: And then in evening,we all can go to see Krishna's raasleela in gopilok.

I still have some more questions but I will ask them on responses from atleast some of you. I know most of the ppl. may not take it seriously but my questions are serious. I know you dont have answers either, but just wanted to know what other people think about our existence and of GOD. There are too many questions but lets start ....

Prashant....u have embarked on a journy full of suspense and surprises. Cool subject and no dirth of philosophies available on the subject so chosen by you. What i feel about your quarries is as under:

I] purpose of our being on this planet is as strange as the concept of GOD itself. I don't believe that God has a face or body and resides somewhere in the sky? I trust that God is NATURE. Our body has been designed in such a way that it has all the ingradients of nature in it [Call it God] and as such whatever we do or feel has a direct consequence/resultant in the shape of Feeling in the heart/physical consequence. Anything done as per the law of nature will bring rewards and otherwise the Sufferings.There is a system in place in all of us to move ahead in life and could we move or How we moved will be reflected via consequences.

2] There is a purpose of our being out here.Yes it appears that all of us just earn[IN ANY CAPACITY WE MAY WORK] eat and die and frankly sometimes i also feel that way but then there is so much else to life like LOVE,CONCERNS,AGONY,PAINS,SUCCESS,FAILURE,MEETINS, SEPERATIONS,SLEEPING,CRYING,LAUGHING,TRAVELLING,AR GUING,FIGHTING,STRUGGLING,ACHIEVING,INVENTING,DEST ROOYING....and the list is endless. So isn't the purpose of our coming here bigger than what we thought it to be.Thanx for a nice topic and as the debate moves ahead, i will give more inputs.

vinodks
September 9th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Prashant, your query is naive but sensible. Concept of religion and God is one of the most profound invention by human kind. There are lots and lots of things and personification of God as human is one small part of it. You should avoid being baffled by these particularities but go behind overall idea. You should seek these answers by yourself because its not how God looks, its how you want God to look. You can imagine Him whichever way you want to.
I suggest you should read Swami Vivekanada's work on analytical interpretation of Vedas and meaning of symbolism etc. I found following two books on religion very interesting
1) "Complete Works" by Vivekanada
2) "Varieties of Religious Experiences" by William James(American philosopher, brother of Henry James), it was selected second best non-fictional book of last century.

-Vinod

priti
September 9th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Hello Prashant

What a refreshing topic....

To be honest, there have been only a couple of times in my life when i have thought about God. And that too because both times I was having one of those existentialist moments. So I do not know whether I am wrong or right...but then I guess everyone has (or should have) their own interpretation of God.

God I think is one's own conscious. Its not out there. Its our mind. It is probably represented in the symbolic things in Hinduism for propogating teachings/meanings. According to Hinduism, god manifests itself in variety of living creatures and avatars. That does not mean snake is a god or elephant is a god….what it means to me is that God is pervasive in my world because its in me. Whatever world I live in, I see it through my own eyes…eyes which are informed by my conscious. God would look like whatever you want it to look like literally if that is your question. But I don’t think your question is limited to physical appearance of god….My god is my conscious, my brain ….it tells me whats wrong, whats right…when I am troubled and I say ‘oh god’ help me…what I am subconsciously doing by asking this is forcing my brain to think of solutions…not leaving it to the symbolic GOD to perform miracles and solve my problems….

I think each of us create our own worlds and when we interact with people, there are clashes or consensus on the ideas of our worlds…more clashes…and since humans are more predisposed towards being social and peaceful…we try to find consensus and those consensuses lead to an idea of common god like jesus or mohammad or ram. The more powerful and compelling the idea, the more following it has….but still its just an idea based on faith…something so basic without which we as thinking animals are lost….

gaganjat
September 9th, 2005, 06:54 PM
God is nothing.

Its the creation of weak humans who needs a psychological support to make them feel good and protected.

A barbie doll /teddy bear is as good as god for kids who cant sleep without them and they feel that someone is with them.

In a same way 'God is a toy' of grown up weak babies.

God is a myth and looks like a cup of coffee/tea which gives a refreshing feeling after drinking. Too easy.

rkumar
September 9th, 2005, 07:13 PM
God is nothing.

Its the creation of weak humans who needs a psychological support to make them feel good and protected.

A barbie doll /teddy bear is as good as god for kids who cant sleep without them and they feel that someone is with them.

God is a myth and looks like a cup of coffee/tea which gives a refreshing feeling after drinking. Too easy.

Hi Gagan,

You have put it in real Jattu style what I often say when it comes to such discussions. Lie is the biggest ever invention of man and God forms part of that very invention. Like you, here are some of my arguments;

1. Like a diabetic patient needs insulin, mentally week person needs a visit/ remembrance of God.

2. Jats have never been known to be so much God dependent. Most of us know that a Jat starts work in his fields with " Le bhai Ram ka Nam" and hits his beil with danda in the same breath..Thats the end of his remembrance of God. Rarely Jats used to visit temples even at the time of their weddings..

At best God can be called a concept and in its search man has been exercising his mind forever. This exercise of mind has led to many interesting discoveries in science. If we look from this angle, God has not been such a bad concept after all...It has been serving good purpose for many. However, there has been lots of misuse also of this concept. Lots of crime has been committed on the humanity in the name of God..

So in summary, one has to find out his/ her own version of God...There is no single version of this concept..

RK^2

priti
September 9th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Ramji woh se jo apne aap ne bhagwaan maanne (God is who considers the self as god)

Gagan ki baat kati sahi! (gagan is very right)

par ek baat aur se...aadmi bhagwaan ki khoj mein nahin likadata te aaj bhi chaar paya pe eye chalta (if man did'nt search for god then he would have been walking on his fours till now...just a metaphor to say that search of the ultimate has lead to all the development...again a very philosophical question) so maybe its not for weak brains...

P.S.: sorry for the literal translations...thought of some of the discussions about non-haryanvi jats....and thought of annoying the haryanvi jats a little bit ;)

vinodks
September 9th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Gagan, Your interpretation of God as just an invention of weak mind is very naive and limited outlook of spirituality. Everyone is free to believe what he is comfortable with but if you are seriously curious, your comment is slightly touched on in the first chapter of the book I mentioned -"Religion and Neurology".

http://www.psywww.com/psyrelig/james/james2.htm

Religion is NOT just an opium, not a toy for comfort, not psychological instrument for strength, not an imagination of hallucinated mind. Religion is all this and much more. As Kalkhandji said -religion is not so bad, it led to many discoveries. I guess it deserves a better appreciation. But modern mind is so intangled with artificiality of world that existence of God has no meaning. Some people think God died(in peoples' mind) the day Nietzsche said "God is dead" but interpretation of his work shows that he was a pious person, he renounced God and searched for godliness in himself.
BTW just because Jats are not so pious doesn't mean religion has less importance. Its true that in the name of religion lot of bloodshed has been done. Thats where weakness of mind gets mixed with religion but spirituality in itself is ultimate way toward peace.

vinod

chaudharypankaj
September 9th, 2005, 09:07 PM
SURPRISED ;)

Hi ,

I think the dictionary meaning of GOD is "The term God designates a universal Supreme Being".

In Sikhism, Judaism and Islam, God is believed to be sexless, but has been traditionally referred to using male grammatical gender.

In Christianity, God is believed to be intrinsically sexless.

In Hinduism, the ultimate reality is genderless. Advaita Hinduism, nevertheless, holds that God can take a female or male form. In Shaivism and Vaishnavism, God is viewed as male while His power is personified as female.

God is believed to be a Trinity, consisting of three persons in one God. The three persons of the Trinity are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The first two of these persons have been traditionally referred to using male grammatical gender, while the Holy Spirit has been referred to using male, female or neutral grammatical gender.The female reference was used in certain early Christian communities, specifically within the hymn book, entitled "Odes of Solomon". When the Second Person of the Trinity became incarnate as Jesus he became a male human, while still retaining the divine nature.

I will show u how GOD looks like in a language? :)

English:Oh my god! There's an axe in my head
Bengali: Oh Allah! Amar mathar upor bash poreche
English, OldE4: Wa min God! Se aex on min heafod is!
Italian: Dio mio! C'e' un' ascia nella mia testa!
Japanese: ahh, kamisama! watashi no atama ni ono ga arimasu
Klingon: toH, HIvqa' Qun'a'wIj! nachwIjDaq 'obmaQ tu'lu'!
Korean: aigo, OtchOna! nae daegarie tokkiga pakhyO inne!
Kyrgyz: Oh Kuday! Bashimda balta bar!
Latin: Deus Meus! Securis in capite meo est.
Latvian: Ak Dievs! Man ir cirvis galva!
Lithuanian: Dieve mano, turiu kirvi galvoje!
Macedonian: O, Gospodi! Imam sekira vo glavata.
Sámi: Vuoi Ipmilahcci! Mus han leat aksu oaivvis
Sanskrit: He mama deva! Asti mama murdhni parasuh!
Serbo-Croatian: Boje moj! sjekira mi je u glavi.
Scots Gaelic: Och, mo Dhia, 's e tuagh a tha sa' mo cheann.
Sinhala: Ane Deviyane! Mage oluwe porawak thiyanawa
Slovak: Pane boze! Mam sekeru v hlave!
Slovenian: Moj Bog! Sekiro imam v glavi.
Spanish: ¡Dios mio! ¡Hay un hacha en mi cabeza!
Srana (Surinamese)S5: Tjé mi gado! Mi ab' wang aksi na ini mi édé!
Swahili: Siyo! (Huko) Shoka yangu kichwanil!
Swedish: Oh, Herregud! Jag har en yxa i huvudet!
Tagalog: Ay Dios ko! May palakol sa ulo ko!
Tamil: Ada kadavule! En thalaiyil oru kodali irrukku!
Telegu: Ore devudo! Naa thala lo goddali undhi
Turkish: Aman Tanrim; Kafama saplanmis bir balta var.
Ukranian: Bozhe mij, ja maju sokyru v holovi
Urdu: Au Mere Allah Mere Sur Me Kulahri Hai
Vietnamese (North Dialect): Oi gioi oi! Cai bu'a no bo vao dau toi!
Vietnamese (Central Dialect): Oi troi phat oi! Cai rua chem vo dau tui!
Vietnamese (South Dialect): Chu'a toi oi! Cai rua chat be dau tao!
Visigothic: Meina guth, Ikgastaldan aqizi-wunds meina haubida
Volapük: O God obik! Binon lecüd in kap obik.
Wallon (Belgian dialectical French– phonetic)W1: Nom dé dju, y a èn hache din m' tièt
Welsh: A Dduw! Mae bywell yn fy mhen i!
Yiddish: gotenyu! s'iz do a hak in kop!

Bhaiyoo jaada dimaak maat lagaana soochne meine .
who is god? :confused:
JAATOO ki AKAAL GHUTNE meine hooti hai
bye
pankaj chaudhary

chaudharypankaj
September 9th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Hi to all !

Very intresting and very tough !!!! :(

Who is god ? and How he/she looks like ? :rolleyes:

God has many powers similar to laws in Physics and in Engg. :confused:

:) (1) GOD 1 LAW : Every object ( i.e human being, animal,environment,galaxy etc.) in a state of uniform motion ( means everything is going in right way...)
tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force ( i.e flood,earthquake,fire,sad,happiness etc.) is applied to it.

:) (2) GOD 2 LAW :The relationship between an object's mass M ( suppose human),its accleration A ( daily routine life ) and the applied force F ( sad, happiness etc.)
i.e F=M * A

:) (3)GOD 3 LAW :For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction ( means if u pollute environment, impact i.e global warming,ozone layer depletation etc.)

:mad: GOD First Law of Thermodynamics :

Energy ( AATMA ) can niether be created or distroy, it converts in to one form to another ( human AATMA convert into Animal AATMA :D ).

If u want more definition be in touch with me. :D

bye

pankaj chaudhary

raj_rathee
September 9th, 2005, 10:58 PM
God is nothing.

Good summary Gagan. No wasted words.

[But I do like the multi handed Durga....I mean just imagine the possibilities... :D ]

poonam
September 10th, 2005, 12:16 AM
My favorite God.."Jai Shri Krishna" ... :) if you know why.. :D

sjakhars
September 10th, 2005, 12:20 AM
I consider nature as god.
Agree with Ms.Divya.

anujkumar
September 10th, 2005, 01:44 AM
God is nothing.

Nice!

But still it is extremely useful, just like the 'psychotherepy, or 'centrally acting medications' which are keeping a significant fraction of people sane.

Also, (even if) God doen't exist and you know that, you also have a belief system which isn't true either. It's beyond human capacity to find out CERTAIN truth (to base actions on).

Some times simple thumb rules learned over time [religion is one such sytem of rule] and not scientifically verifiably optimal rules [the true requirement of human body as a biological machine], are much more effective for our own indivisual sake and definitely for the socitity's sake. This is definitely true in 'business' industry. One simple reson being the truth and the best strategy corrosponding to it TOO complex for majority of humans.

shailendra
September 10th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Interesting...
But isn't the 'Godliness' more of a faith in your beliefs, spirituality towards a positive?
Sure it has been bastardized over time by religious sects using it to wield power over the masses (Baman devta log, the Church in Christanity etc)....therefore diluting the meaning and making it more of a mockery for people like Gagan to quote,'for weaker masses'...

How would one explain even a stone attaining amazing powers in some remote temple when worshipped at the same time by lakhs of people...is it a unique form of amazing collective concentration that lends it magical powers? ... Who knows, but this is for sure... you take away faith from humankind and they have nothing....absolutely nothing to stop them from desentigrating into some chaotic and anarchic beings!...

The beliefs and faith keep us sane and give purpose to our convictions, keeping (most of us ;) ) on the staright and narrow...
Hinduism has been (and incerasingly becoming so) a guiding light to so many other faiths too... why? because we believe in godlyness in all forms of life (incarnation of that one supreme power)... For a Hindu even parents are God, then the teacher and maybe then that supreme power (in order of most importance)...
So yes, if worshipping your parents (that brought you in this world and helped you take the first tender steps) and your mentor/teacher (who taught you how to stand staright, fend for yourself, and achieve your responsibilities and goals) and then that supreme faith (my beliefs, conscience and accountability to myself) to worship and look at all those as nothing short of 'Godliness' makes me a weaker individual....Hallelueeha, so be it...cause I am all for it! ;)

vinodks
September 10th, 2005, 03:28 AM
My favorite God.."Jai Shri Krishna" ... :) if you know why.. :D

No I don't know:-(((( Tell me why??:-)

BTW my fav God(Saint) is Gugga Peer:-))) Long time back Gugga Peer babas used to come to our village with a long pole completely covered with peacock feathers during 'teej' fastival and used to give us 'misri ki dali'... they vanished becuz modern people became so intelligent that these bhikhari babas are no longer needed.

vinod

poonam
September 10th, 2005, 06:11 AM
No I don't know:-(((( Tell me why??:-)
vinod

O Ignorant Man..!!!

Lord Krishna has a zing. Rest of the Gods look ‘serious types’.. :)

Jokes apart! I do not know whether He existed or exists but if we go by the scriptures I found Lord Krishna a tremendous hybrid of brains, wit and yes, mischief too. He reflects a complete package.. :D His intellect.. who is not aware of the philosophical discourse called “Bhagwat Gita” illuminating the secrets of secrets and the in depth knowledge of knowledge. Those realistic and so true words that he preached to Arjun just before the battle!! (this itself can lead to a separate thread..)

And whos not knocked off by His childhood episodes. Be its teasing Yashoda/Radha or stealing ‘maakhan’ from his own home or other impish pranks. Fabulous blend of all the flavors!!

(The Complete Man… (tolls a bell ..Raymond or what… :D ) Anyways, I’m flattered.. ;) )

P.S. Vinod..tujhey enlighten karne ke chakkar main Prashant ka main post to reh hi gayaa.. :)

Prashant, the theme you touched upon is very very sensitive and pretty substantial. No one will ever be able to satisfy everyone when it comes to belief in God or for that matter religion whatsoever. I do believe in God. You can call it natural belief or lets say that’s how I want to live. I know someone gives me strength when I need. I know when I pray to Him it calms me down and I get my peace of mind. I doubt if the existence can ever be ‘proven’ though. The key is one should not be blinded by their belief in God. The world is full of wonders. You never know one fine day you might find evidence of His existence.

On the other hand, there are a few masterpieces in the ‘physical form’ who are no less than God.

arunshamli
September 10th, 2005, 06:25 AM
God is nothing.

Gagan Bhai, George W. Bush the most powerful creature on the face of the earth says he believes in God.

powerfull bole toh jiska chae band baja deta hai :cool:

He is a weak human, by your definition, kahin usne sun liya toh... ;)

arunshamli
September 10th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Hi Gagan,

You have put it in real Jattu style what I often say when it comes to such discussions. Lie is the biggest ever invention of man and God forms part of that very invention. Like you, here are some of my arguments;

1. Like a diabetic patient needs insulin, mentally week person needs a visit/ remembrance of God.

2. Jats have never been known to be so much God dependent. Most of us know that a Jat starts work in his fields with " Le bhai Ram ka Nam" and hits his beil with danda in the same breath..Thats the end of his remembrance of God. Rarely Jats used to visit temples even at the time of their weddings..

At best God can be called a concept and in its search man has been exercising his mind forever. This exercise of mind has led to many interesting discoveries in science. If we look from this angle, God has not been such a bad concept after all...It has been serving good purpose for many. However, there has been lots of misuse also of this concept. Lots of crime has been committed on the humanity in the name of God..

So in summary, one has to find out his/ her own version of God...There is no single version of this concept..

RK^2

Dear Sir, I agree with your last statement that everyone has to find his/her God. But with all due respect I have to disagree with the examples you have quoted.

Consider a set of all rich, powerful and happy people around the globe. And see how many of them are the believer of God. I think most of them are. Mandir me sabse jayda chanda hamesha se paise wale log hee dete hain...

Now consider the other set of weak people or mentally weak people as you said...how many of them are believer. Mere khayal se Inhi logon ko hamesha complain rahati hai ke Bhagwan kahin nahi hai...kisi ki nahi sunta hai...vagarah vagarah..

Now, Lets talk about the jats...Are we the happiest or strongest people. education ke hisab se jat bahut pichde hain...police me sipahi kee bharti ke liye bhee lakhon ki rishwat dete hain....unko bijli nahi milti hai... bechare kabhi kahin dharna dete hain toh kabhi kahin...lekin unki koi nahi sunta...q nahi sunta hai...abhee bhee kai sare jat ye bhee nahi jaante ke bank me paise kaise jama kiye jate hain....log bolte hain ke aadmi me se buddhi nikal do toh jat ban jata hai...aisa q hai…Kahin aisa toh nahi ke ham log weak hain?

agar aisa hai toh this contradicts with your theory of "mentally week person needs a visit/ remembrance of God".

...these are just my own observations and could very well be far from the reality. :) so everyone please do the home work to find the truth.

Namaste.

gaganjat
September 10th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Tats it! Humans are creating power and god is getting the credit :D

Human beings have immense power ,they are almighty but some of them dont realise it.

Does above leave any space for discussion?

How would one explain even a stone attaining amazing powers in some remote temple when worshipped at the same time by lakhs of people...is it a unique form of amazing collective concentration that lends it magical powers? ... Who knows, but this is for sure... you take away faith from humankind and they have nothing....absolutely nothing to stop them from desentigrating into some chaotic and anarchic beings!...

pnauhwar21
September 10th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Okay, so now I have few thoughts and beliefs from some ppl. to carry forward. I will touch upon the atheists first..

Its very easy and maybe hep to say that there is no GOD. There is no one who controls our life. I can do whatever I want but it would be good if you can substantiate your beliefs by logic. I am not proving or saying that God exists as depicted in Hindu literatures. I myself dont know about that yet. It will take some more years to get that enlightenment :) . But one thing I know is that there is some invisible force that exists in us and around us. Else why are we different from a Wall. We are also energy particles just like every other thing but there is something else within us as well as all living things. It may be called Atma, PranVayu, Consciousness (just a word?) or ethereal matter. Have you ever wondered why do we die if we are shot by a bullet. Our body is still there but something stops(the body functions) and something leaves our body (Atma?) else we should be repairable just like we repair houses and any man-made structure if there is no external invisible force or energy matter existing within us. Even so called scientists have proved by an experiment that spirit exists. Else what force is driving all functions within our body. How is everyone born the same way with 2 eyes, 2 hands, a nose, a tongue, etc....what guides the creation of our body? I dont think you can outrightly deny the existence of some external force or spiritual truth playing part in our daily existence. You may need a spiritual hajmola to grasp all this now ;)

And now some thoughts for some of us believers in existence of some spiritual force..Most of us have our own beliefs about God, some believe in Idol worshipping, some follow Arya Samaj, some only believe in their own conciousness. But what I intended to ask is throw ur own imagination. Go beyond the scriptures and beliefs..just try to make wild guesses what could be the truth thats out there..I know its said God is within us but that would mean god is in the rapist too, a murderer too..they are doing what their concious/ God is asking them to do. Then it is also said that God is formless, bodyless, uska na adi hai na ant hai..but for me this is a just a way to make a child understand what the teller himself doesnt know. How can something thats a Supreme power doesnt have any form. If it exists, it must be in some form or it has so much power that it can take any form as you want. It must be existing somewhere in some form for sure watching us. As per some of my readings, we earthlings exist in 3rd dimension. Some of us have attained higher dimensions through meditation which means they are able to leave the physical body and roam in space. Our spirits are attached to our body with a silver chord(dnt hve any proof but might be true). And there are so many people who seem to have extraordinary powers possibly thru meditation and realising hidden powers within our reach but unknown to most. In my belief, so called Gods are just another dimension being whom we can meet thru meditation? bhakti?..and they themselves are part of a bigger truth.

This post is getting bigger n bigger so maybe I will put more thoughts in next post. Again, there is no compulsion on anyone to believe in God. No two minds think alike but it would be good to have logic attached to your sayings. Thats the whole maja of Tark-vitark :)

gaganjat
September 10th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Do you have a clue who made George W.Bush powerful ? or Is he a born superman ?

And do you think destruction is power. you said "powerfull bole toh jiska chae band baja deta hai" (in ur bambia accent). If that is your definition of power then you have concluded 'god is not powerful'.

And to contradict yourself again 'Dont provide an account of destruction done by god' (shiv ka tandav naach nd stuff)

and yey. Dont come back with these ' baccho aale arguments'. Every school going kid in India or wherever believe that 'Bush is the most powerful thing' , no man! its the President seat of US which is powerful.

Gagan Bhai, George W. Bush the most powerful creature on the face of the earth says he believes in God.

powerfull bole toh jiska chae band baja deta hai :cool:

He is a weak human, by your definition, kahin usne sun liya toh... ;)

gaganjat
September 10th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I am doing 'ghor tapsaya' these years. Sometime soon it will shake the 'singhasan' of 'Indar devta' and he will appear to give me 'vardaan' I will ask for 'one more set of hands'. ;)

Those extra hands will help me, when I will start my gol-kappe, paw-bhaji, bhel-puri ka thela on Juhu beach. :D

Good summary Gagan. No wasted words.

[But I do like the multi handed Durga....I mean just imagine the possibilities... :D ]

spdeshwal
September 10th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Ek gaon mai ek jat aur ek braman pujari rahate the. pujari har rohaj subah-2 gaon se bahar bane ek mandir mai pooja karne jata tha. Jat ko pat nahi to bhagwan ki moorti se chid thi ya braman se, wo har roh mandir jata aur apna juta nikal kar bhagwan ki moorti par maar kai aata.
Yehi kam mahino tak chalta raha. Ek din bahut jyada barish hui, gaon ke charo or paani bhar gaya. Mandir jane ka koi rasta nahi tha, issi liye pujari us din pooja karne nahi gaya. Lekin jat us din bhi swim karta hua mandir gaya aur juta nikal bhagwan ki murti upar mar khada hi hua tha ki bhgwan parkat hue aur jat se kahne lage ki bhai tu hi mera sacha bhagat hai jo taraki(swim) karata hua bhi agya aapna kam karne.

to bhai Gagan lagata hai , you are also moving in same direction by consistantly opposing the existance of God.
Ek din log jatland par kahenge ki gagan is the only "true Believer" in God

devdahiya
September 10th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Does God Exist?

This can be possible explanations of why God allows pain and sufferings that we see. It's an explanation,all of us can understand easily.A man went to a barbershop to have a hair cut and his beard done up. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about many things and various issues. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:"I don't believe that God exists." "Why do you say that?" asked the customer."Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things." The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an long,dirty beard. He looked dirty and unkept. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what?Barbers do not exist"."How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!" "No!" the customer exclaimed."Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside." "Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me." "Exactly!"- affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don't go to Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

rkumar
September 10th, 2005, 11:03 AM
I was not at all keen to eneter this debate. Some how Gagan triggered my interests as I found many things in his post which I too believe. Now let me get serious and contribute to this post to best of my capability;

1. Poonam Ji on Krishna: Poonam ji! no doubt Krishna was a quite an interesting character, but still not as complete. He failed very badly during his later period of life. All his clan fought among itself. He got killed at their own hands. He was not a great peace maker either. His philosophy did not have universal appeal and this is why there was such sharp divisions among public all through his times. He had strong friends and strong enemies both. As a whole though I would agree with you that he was an interesting character.

2. Arun on powerful/ rich people: May I start with a simple question to Arun? What do you mean by powerful people ? Do you think a person with lots of money is very powerful of successful? Extreme richness and poverty both are signs of sickness of mind. Who said large is healthy? Why is it that Buddha left his kingdom and went for seeking the truth in jungle? Hunger of too much money and power in my view are a clear menifestations of extereme underlying mental sickness. Extreme mental insecurity leads to earning more money and grabing more power. Its nothing but like a sick liver becoming enlarged. Living without things needs more power than living with things. If I take you to very basic laws of physics, the most stable structures are thoese who consume minimum energy. Systems in higher energy states have decaying tendencies.. Living without Gods needs a much more powerful brain than living with God...Not believing in God is not a revolt, its an understanding of much higher magnitude than believing into the illusion of God.

However, as already mentioned, its a complex issue. Asking someone not to believe in God would be asking him to give up his insulin and the result will be what we all know...Like any medicine, God, power and money all are nothing but medicines for some or the other type of sickness...less one depends upon them, more healthy/ strong he or she is... Like Overdose of medicine has its side effects, same is true with overdose of God, money and power..

RK^2

gaganjat
September 10th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Bhaio, baat Rohtak ke 'chaara' gaam ki hai:

Ek bar ek Jat ki bhains kho gayi. Sab jagah dhoond le , nahi mili.
usne sochi bhagwan se mannat mang lu.
Jat apne ladke ko le ke mandir chala gaya.

Mandir ja ke bola:
' shivji meri bhens mil gayi to ek than tera'
' ganesh meri bhens mil gayi to ek than tera'
' ram meri bhens mil gayi to ek than tera'
' kirshan meri bhens mil gayi to ek than tera'

Jat ka ladka bola 'babu sare than to tune bhagwano ko chada diye, ib ham ke karenge bhens ka'

Jat bola 'ek bai mhens mil len de, iin bhagwana ki tae mai issi-tissi kar dunga' :D

Ek gaon mai ek jat aur ek braman pujari rahate the. pujari har rohaj subah-2 gaon se bahar bane ek mandir mai pooja karne jata tha. Jat ko pat nahi to bhagwan ki moorti se chid thi ya braman se, wo har roh mandir jata aur apna juta nikal kar bhagwan ki moorti par maar kai aata.
Yehi kam mahino tak chalta raha. Ek din bahut jyada barish hui, gaon ke charo or paani bhar gaya. Mandir jane ka koi rasta nahi tha, issi liye pujari us din pooja karne nahi gaya. Lekin jat us din bhi swim karta hua mandir gaya aur juta nikal bhagwan ki murti upar mar khada hi hua tha ki bhgwan parkat hue aur jat se kahne lage ki bhai tu hi mera sacha bhagat hai jo taraki(swim) karata hua bhi agya aapna kam karne.

to bhai Gagan lagata hai , you are also moving in same direction by consistantly opposing the existance of God.
Ek din log jatland par kahenge ki gagan is the only "true Believer" in God

gaganjat
September 10th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Rajendar Kaka, you have finished the debate !

Guys take the printouts of that. CONCLUDED.

However, as already mentioned, its a complex issue. Asking someone not to believe in God would be asking him to give up his insulin and the result will be what we all know...Like any medicine, God, power and money all are nothing but medicines for some or the other type of sickness...less one depends upon them, more healthy/ strong he or she is... Like Overdose of medicine has its side effects, same is true with overdose of God, money and power..

RK^2

arunshamli
September 10th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Do you have a clue who made George W.Bush powerful ? or Is he a born superman ?

And do you think destruction is power. you said "powerfull bole toh jiska chae band baja deta hai" (in ur bambia accent). If that is your definition of power then you have concluded 'god is not powerful'.

And to contradict yourself again 'Dont provide an account of destruction done by god' (shiv ka tandav naach nd stuff)

and yey. Dont come back with these ' baccho aale arguments'. Every school going kid in India or wherever believe that 'Bush is the most powerful thing' , no man! its the President seat of US which is powerful.

Dear Gagan , All I said was that it is not only weak who believe in the God.

raj_rathee
September 10th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Those extra hands will help me, when I will start my gol-kappe, paw-bhaji, bhel-puri ka thela on Juhu beach. :D

Hmmm. Not exactly my idea of putting those hands to good use. :eek:
Lekin bhai Gagan tumne rehdi lagani hai Juhu Beach pe tae bhai thari
marzi.

Sorry Prashant...for going on these tangents and not really addressing your original post...but then again I'm not sure if there is any real answer
anywhere for all this God stuff...

I am one of those hard core God bashers and thoroughly enjoy
smacking the guy (Him) whenever possible to the extent that,
as Deshwal pointed out, I might be termed as the saccha bhagat... :D

I think any serious discussion on any God issue should precede with a
precise definition of God. There are just too many loose definitions
and everyone throws in their own interpretation of what God is, such that
sooner or later one can find an acceptable one...in which case a lot
of stuff just becomes moot.

I mean a definition of God as "the collection of all matter and energy in the Universe" is hard to argue with and there isn't too much left to bicker
about. If that is God then even I am okay with it.

I am even okay with the traditional Jat practice of treating our
ancestors as our Gods...[If anyone has more info on this, then please do
share]...

But if someone defines God as some entity high up there looking over us,
listening to our prayers, and ensuring our wellbeing and so on, then I am
sorry to say, I've bashed that fella so bad hes going to need some serious
help looking after himself that anyone relying on Him should make
some backup plans. :p

ajaysinghbamel
September 10th, 2005, 07:18 PM
God is nothing.

Same thing can be represented in a positive way that GOD is means of self support which is not required when you are doing well as results are in front of you. But when you become weak,old or are not performing well then you require support and at that time GOD is tool to get yourself that internal support which human being cannot express to others. But in the case of Jats and also in farming community it doesn't make difference as they are born with that extra power of Confidence and belief in hard work.

arunshamli
September 10th, 2005, 07:19 PM
I was not at all keen to eneter this debate. Some how Gagan triggered my interests as I found many things in his post which I too believe. Now let me get serious and contribute to this post to best of my capability;

2. Arun on powerful/ rich people: May I start with a simple question to Arun? What do you mean by powerful people ? Do you think a person with lots of money is very powerful of successful? Extreme richness and poverty both are signs of sickness of mind. Who said large is healthy? Why is it that Buddha left his kingdom and went for seeking the truth in jungle? Hunger of too much money and power in my view are a clear menifestations of extereme underlying mental sickness. Extreme mental insecurity leads to earning more money and grabing more power. Its nothing but like a sick liver becoming enlarged. Living without things needs more power than living with things. If I take you to very basic laws of physics, the most stable structures are thoese who consume minimum energy. Systems in higher energy states have decaying tendencies.. Living without Gods needs a much more powerful brain than living with God...Not believing in God is not a revolt, its an understanding of much higher magnitude than believing into the illusion of God.

RK^2

no-where I have asked anyone to believe or not to believe in the God and nor do I have any such intentions. I just pointed out a few examples made by others which I thought were unappropriate.

1. If you think not believing in God makes one better, please explain it and do some good for the society. Why not have a healthy (insulin free) society?

2. You said Buddha left his kingdom in search of truth. What is the TRUTH? If It is GOD then once again you are contradicting yourself by giving wrong example. If not, please explain what was it for he left his kingdom?

3. I agree with you that excess of anything is not good.

4. and yes wealth, power , skill , honesty, character and knowledge makes a man superior.

rajneesh
September 10th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Does God Exist?

This can be possible explanations of why God allows pain and sufferings that we see. It's an explanation,all of us can understand easily.A man went to a barbershop to have a hair cut and his beard done up. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about many things and various issues. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:"I don't believe that God exists." "Why do you say that?" asked the customer."Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things." The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an long,dirty beard. He looked dirty and unkept. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what?Barbers do not exist"."How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!" "No!" the customer exclaimed."Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside." "Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me." "Exactly!"- affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don't go to Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

Well said. there can not be a better explaination than this. good topic.

arunshamli
September 11th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Okay, so now I have few thoughts and beliefs from some ppl. to carry forward. I will touch upon the atheists first..

Its very easy and maybe hep to say that there is no GOD. There is no one who controls our life. I can do whatever I want but it would be good if you can substantiate your beliefs by logic. I am not proving or saying that God exists as depicted in Hindu literatures. I myself dont know about that yet. It will take some more years to get that enlightenment :) . But one thing I know is that there is some invisible force that exists in us and around us. Else why are we different from a Wall. We are also energy particles just like every other thing but there is something else within us as well as all living things. It may be called Atma, PranVayu, Consciousness (just a word?) or ethereal matter. Have you ever wondered why do we die if we are shot by a bullet. Our body is still there but something stops(the body functions) and something leaves our body (Atma?) else we should be repairable just like we repair houses and any man-made structure if there is no external invisible force or energy matter existing within us. Even so called scientists have proved by an experiment that spirit exists. Else what force is driving all functions within our body. How is everyone born the same way with 2 eyes, 2 hands, a nose, a tongue, etc....what guides the creation of our body? I dont think you can outrightly deny the existence of some external force or spiritual truth playing part in our daily existence. You may need a spiritual hajmola to grasp all this now ;)

And now some thoughts for some of us believers in existence of some spiritual force..Most of us have our own beliefs about God, some believe in Idol worshipping, some follow Arya Samaj, some only believe in their own conciousness. But what I intended to ask is throw ur own imagination. Go beyond the scriptures and beliefs..just try to make wild guesses what could be the truth thats out there..I know its said God is within us but that would mean god is in the rapist too, a murderer too..they are doing what their concious/ God is asking them to do. Then it is also said that God is formless, bodyless, uska na adi hai na ant hai..but for me this is a just a way to make a child understand what the teller himself doesnt know. How can something thats a Supreme power doesnt have any form. If it exists, it must be in some form or it has so much power that it can take any form as you want. It must be existing somewhere in some form for sure watching us. As per some of my readings, we earthlings exist in 3rd dimension. Some of us have attained higher dimensions through meditation which means they are able to leave the physical body and roam in space. Our spirits are attached to our body with a silver chord(dnt hve any proof but might be true). And there are so many people who seem to have extraordinary powers possibly thru meditation and realising hidden powers within our reach but unknown to most. In my belief, so called Gods are just another dimension being whom we can meet thru meditation? bhakti?..and they themselves are part of a bigger truth.

This post is getting bigger n bigger so maybe I will put more thoughts in next post. Again, there is no compulsion on anyone to believe in God. No two minds think alike but it would be good to have logic attached to your sayings. Thats the whole maja of Tark-vitark :)

Rigveda says one who is not a yogi should not preach otherwise the results will be disastrous. if you are really serious about it, you have to study and find the answer by yourself. So I would suggest you to find a yogi and start your search for the God.

you mentioned in your post that you would like to believe in the God. Then why these doubts? you should not start beleiving in anything unless you have clear all of your doubts about it. and it is true for all cases not just the God.

Again choice is yours. :)

meena
September 11th, 2005, 05:33 AM
God is within us, all around us-you just have to feel the presence. As humans its easier to accept something if we give it a form-so God was given a body etc etc.
We did NOT come on this earth to be born, grow up, work, have families and die. Each one of us has a purpose in life and until we stop and look around and try to find it-it will not fall in our laps.
You can argue and carry on this debate forever but I would request that instead of bickering about God's existence stop and take stock of your life. Have you done anything worthwhile? (Beyond what I mentioned above....)??
For your own sake do something that will set you aside from the next person. I know you are going to ask -since I sound so sure if I have found my calling in life? Yes I have. I became a Reiki Master this year (takes almost 18-20 months) and practice it at work, at home at every opportunity I get and it has helped me become a better person.
You will be in my prayers. The people of Faith have God to call upon when all else fails.
"Too Blessed to be Stressed.." !!

meena
September 11th, 2005, 07:56 AM
God is within us, all around us-you just have to feel the presence. As humans its easier to accept something if we give it a form-so God was given a body etc etc.
We did NOT come on this earth to be born, grow up, work, have families and die. Each one of us has a purpose in life and until we stop and look around and try to find it-it will not fall in our laps.
You can argue and carry on this debate forever but I would request that instead of bickering about God's existence stop and take stock of your life. Have you done anything worthwhile? (Beyond what I mentioned above....)??
For your own sake do something that will set you aside from the next person. I know you are going to ask -since I sound so sure if I have found my calling in life? Yes I have. I became a Reiki Master this year (takes almost 18-20 months) and practice it at work, at home at every opportunity I get and it has helped me become a better person.
You will be in my prayers. The people of Faith have God to call upon when all else fails.
"Too Blessed to be Stressed.." !![/QUOTE]

gaganjat
September 11th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Mai kunsa rehdi lye batha hu. Ar mre do haath 10 ke barabar hai, manne ghane ki jarorat konya.

Hmmm. Not exactly my idea of putting those hands to good use. :eek:
Lekin bhai Gagan tumne rehdi lagani hai Juhu Beach pe tae bhai thari
marzi.
:p

spdeshwal
September 12th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Dr. R.K.Kalkhunde ji, I believe that you have read all this before but for the benifit of others I wish to share this what the Greatest Scientist, Albert Einstein had thought about Religion and God.

This is part of a letter Einstein once sent to Episcopal Bishop about the behavior of the church during the holocaust:

Being a lover of freedom...I looked to the universities to defend it, knowing that they had always boasted of their devotion to the cause of truth; but, no, the universities immediately were silenced. Then I looked to the great editors of the newspapers whose flaming editorials in days gone by had proclaimed their love of freedom, but they, like the universities, were silenced in a few short weeks. Only the church stood squarely across the path of Hitler's campaign for suppressing the truth. I never had any special interest in the church before, but now I feel a great affection and admiration because the church alone has had the courage and persistence to stand for intellectual truth and moral freedom. I am forced to confess that what I once despised I now praise

In a speech delivered in Berlin:

"Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated. The most beautiful and deepest experience a man can have is the sense of the mysterious. It is the underlying principle of religion as well as all serious endeavour in art and science. He who never had this experience seems to me, if not dead, then at least blind. To sense that behind anything that can be experienced there is something that our mind cannot grasp and whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly and as a feeble reflection, this is religiousness. In this sense I am religious. To me it suffices to wonder at these secrets and to attempt humbly to grasp with my mind a mere image of the lofty structure of all that is there"

Einstein wrote to a child who asked him whether scientist prayed:

" I have tried to respond to your question as simply as I could. Here is my answer. Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the actions of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a supernatural Being. However, it must be admitted that our actual knowledge of these laws is only imperfect and fragmentary, so that, actually the belief in the existence of basic all-embracing laws in nature also rests on a sort of faith. All the same this faith has been largely justified so far by the success of scientific research. But, on the other hand, everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble. In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is indeed quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive."

For full version of research paper please see this:

http://www.ctinquiry.org/publications/reflections_volume_1/torrence.htm

cooljat
September 13th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Hello! All,
Well, I feel... this discussion can go on forever.. ;)
But as far I believe...yes! God exists!

U know, I’m quite spiritually inclined person so I strongly believe that god is everywhere but u can't just see it but u can feel it...just like u can't see air, soul, emotions, heart, pain etc but can only feel'em.

I also do believe that Almighty God is only who, governing the whole universe, I look god as an almighty invincible Super soul & we all have a part of it as our own soul.

Soul is only thing that ignites life, if u don't agree...can u find out what thing that goes outta body when one dies & what about life after death, any answers??

One more thing, I also believe strongly in Destiny & superficial things...there's nothing like coincidence, every single movement is prefixed in ones life, the day when u have to die...u just can't change that!

Look, if u practice some spirituality like Yoga, Pranayama, Martial arts & meditation then u'll come to realize the existence of Super soul, as these exercises actually bring harmony between Mind, Body & Soul!

So we all should follow rules of one & only pragmatic holy book 'BHAGVAT GEETA' & should concentrate solely on Hard-work that all we can do.

This is all I Believe & will always be...

Ram Ram,

Rock on,
Jit :)

jagmohan
September 13th, 2005, 10:28 AM
"Philosophers and thinkers have written volumes on it and yet there is no simplistic answer. There are various religions, cults and groups that believe in one theory or the other. However, from whatever little knowledge I have, ‘Hinduism’ or ‘Hindu Way of Life’ gives a rather simplistic answer or explanation. To put it briefly, it says that there is an ultimate power, call it by whatever name you want to call it, which controls the happenings in the universe and beyond it. We are nothing but a ‘Soul with a body’ who are destined to do our ‘Karma’. Whatever we end up doing becomes another act in the ‘Karmic Cycle’. The ‘Cause and Affect’ process evaluates the ‘Karma’ and ‘Fruits’ will come by. Every deed or ‘Karma’ will reach its logical conclusion and has to be registered as a good or bad ‘Karma’. There is life after death, as there is day after night, and the sum total of our ‘Karma’ will decide what kind of life we lead in our next cycle of birth or be released from this cycle altogether.

We are JATS and we don’t believe in ‘Idol Worship’ or ‘Murti Pooja’. However, a lot of JATS have started keeping ‘Idols’ in the house. It is more of a reference point and nothing else. The only prayer that I seem to remember when I think of the ‘Ultimate Power’ is to ask HIM/HER to keep everyone happy. I also assure the Almighty that in whatever condition he chooses to keep me in, I shall never complain. I don’t think I have ever asked Him that you do this for me and I will stop doing so and so thing. I may have done so whenever my loved ones are in some trouble or sick but then it never works out that way. And no one can fool God. HE knows everything so why try and become smarter than the Almighty? One may fool another human being but you can’t fool God or your own ‘Antar Atma’.

So how does a normal person who does not have a deep knowledge of ‘Vedas’ and ‘Puranas’ lead his life? Well by a very simple method. Live an honest life, don’t tell lies, have respect for elders, help out those who are less fortunate than you, don’t hurt anybody’s sentiments and believe in ‘Nishkama Karma’ ie just do your work or ‘Karma’ and don’t worry about the results. Results will come, as the ‘Kramic Cycle’ has to be completed. Remember you were born to fulfill a purpose as per HIS designs and HE would make you do your ‘Karma’. There is no escape from this. Your aim and goal in life should be to do your work with Dedication, Determination and Discipline. Life and death are the two sides of the same coin. What is born will die and what had died will be reborn. There is nothing more to life than this"

cooljat
September 15th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Col. Uncleji,
Pranam!
Salutations to u uncle for sucha beautiful n pragmatic words.
I'm 100% agree with ur thoughts about god, even I also tried to explain same thing in my reply but wasn't defined well like u.

Thanks a ton for ur really worthwhile reply,

Take care,

Rock on,
Jit.

"Philosophers and thinkers have written volumes on it and yet there is no simplistic answer. There are various religions, cults and groups that believe in one theory or the other. However, from whatever little knowledge I have, ‘Hinduism’ or ‘Hindu Way of Life’ gives a rather simplistic answer or explanation. To put it briefly, it says that there is an ultimate power, call it by whatever name you want to call it, which controls the happenings in the universe and beyond it. We are nothing but a ‘Soul with a body’ who are destined to do our ‘Karma’. Whatever we end up doing becomes another act in the ‘Karmic Cycle’. The ‘Cause and Affect’ process evaluates the ‘Karma’ and ‘Fruits’ will come by. Every deed or ‘Karma’ will reach its logical conclusion and has to be registered as a good or bad ‘Karma’. There is life after death, as there is day after night, and the sum total of our ‘Karma’ will decide what kind of life we lead in our next cycle of birth or be released from this cycle altogether.

We are JATS and we don’t believe in ‘Idol Worship’ or ‘Murti Pooja’. However, a lot of JATS have started keeping ‘Idols’ in the house. It is more of a reference point and nothing else. The only prayer that I seem to remember when I think of the ‘Ultimate Power’ is to ask HIM/HER to keep everyone happy. I also assure the Almighty that in whatever condition he chooses to keep me in, I shall never complain. I don’t think I have ever asked Him that you do this for me and I will stop doing so and so thing. I may have done so whenever my loved ones are in some trouble or sick but then it never works out that way. And no one can fool God. HE knows everything so why try and become smarter than the Almighty? One may fool another human being but you can’t fool God or your own ‘Antar Atma’.

So how does a normal person who does not have a deep knowledge of ‘Vedas’ and ‘Puranas’ lead his life? Well by a very simple method. Live an honest life, don’t tell lies, have respect for elders, help out those who are less fortunate than you, don’t hurt anybody’s sentiments and believe in ‘Nishkama Karma’ ie just do your work or ‘Karma’ and don’t worry about the results. Results will come, as the ‘Kramic Cycle’ has to be completed. Remember you were born to fulfill a purpose as per HIS designs and HE would make you do your ‘Karma’. There is no escape from this. Your aim and goal in life should be to do your work with Dedication, Determination and Discipline. Life and death are the two sides of the same coin. What is born will die and what had died will be reborn. There is nothing more to life than this"