PDA

View Full Version : Passion of Vintage/Classic bikes

kuldeep_malik
September 14th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Hi All

I am a vintage/classic bike lover.
Is there any one out there who shares the same interest then please
let me know as I am currently having hard time to find someone
who has or looking to own any classic bikes like BSA.Triumph, Norton etc.

Currently I am into restoring a Triumph 3HW model 1942 . (not me but a mechanic but I am just working with him).

Waiting to hear some good news

Kuldeep Malik

jaat sudhrey jamana sudhreey
jaat bigdeey jamana bigdeey
jaat beegadeey to koi na sudhaarey
jaat sudhareey to koi na begaadey

dahiyarules
September 15th, 2005, 03:47 AM
I am big time into bikes too. But I work on customizing. For info look at "orange OCunty Choppers" and "Boss Hoss." Google these and you will find them. Email me and I will show you some work. How about a bke with a chevrolet engine on it. and 600 horse powers. Thats more horsepower than six honda civics put together.

Tell me if u need tech help with your bikes. My email is sd02@fsu.edu

cooljat
September 15th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Kuldeep Bhai,
ram ram,
good to c u post.
yaar, couple of vintage bikes r here in Jaipur s well.
yaar, u just buzz when u come to Jaipur, I'll show u some really precious stuff.
Btw, RD350 negotiation with that guy is on...talk u soon!

Happy Riding,

Rock on,
Jit

Ps- my life make a perfact sens lost in 3M - Music, Martial Arts & Mototrcyles ;)

cooljat
September 15th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Sumit Bhia good to c ur a Motorcyle madcap like me.
Mine fav is Yamaha RD350 B, R1, Vmax & Ducati 916 ...how about u :)
smk on,

rock on,
Jit

I am big time into bikes too. But I work on customizing. For info look at "orange OCunty Choppers" and "Boss Hoss." Google these and you will find them. Email me and I will show you some work. How about a bke with a chevrolet engine on it. and 600 horse powers. Thats more horsepower than six honda civics put together.

Tell me if u need tech help with your bikes. My email is sd02@fsu.edu

gaganjat
September 15th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I love 'lazy looking' Harley 'Fat boy' and in India wats better than England made old Royal Enfield.
There is no cruser bike in India but Bullets solve that purpose well in Indian conditions.

dahiyarules
September 15th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Well Harley's look like mopeds in front of a Boss Hoss. Email me at sumitdahiya@yahoo.com, and I will send you the pictures of a "Boss Hoss." Those bikes have an antire chevy engine on them. The bigest engine on a harley is a gour cylinder. A Boss Hoss has a 12 cylinder engine.

I used to have a Yamaha VStar classic 1150 cruiser. It was a custom. Cobra Pipes, jetted carbs for more horsepower and trimmed fenders. That bike breezed through at 140 miles an hour (224 KMPH), single passenger. That bike is a good value for money. It's cheap and easy to customize. I heard that they would be introducing it in India in a few years. Watch out for it.

Now I have a Suzuki Hayabusa. Its supposedly the fastest commercially bulk-produced bike in the world. I think John Abraham rode one of those in the movie "Dhoom." Its mint with only 75 miles on it. Havent been riding it much, as we are getitng pounded by one hurricane after the other. :-) This one has a fuel injection system. I dont have any big plans for it. I want to remove the OEM indicators and insert them somewhere in the frame to make it more aerodynamic. The rear fender needs to go. The speedometer says that it has a maximum speed of 280 miles per hour (448 KMPH approximate). I doubt that it would ever go that fast even on a German Autobahn. The best that a friend of mine did was 175 miles an hour (280 KMPH) on his Hayabusa. He says that it feels like you are ridingon jello. hahaha. If yo hit a nut in the jello, you will become jello. I dont want to try it. And neither should anyone else.

Vintage bikes look good. They are showcase items. I have some soft corner for them, but all togehter they loose the purpose, as bikes are meant to burn the rubber on the tar. You can refurbish them and sell them for good money.

gaganjat
September 15th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Boss Hoss is ultimate, it can tow Newyork to San Francisco.
Boss Hoss kinda things are extreme machines which cant be used well just for roaming around. Harleys and kinds fits anywhere.

cooljat
September 18th, 2005, 07:43 AM
my all time favroite 2-wheels are following :~

classy retro cults: -
1, 1973 Yamaha RD350B
2, 1973 Kawasaki Z1
3, 1978 Honda CBX
4, 1986 Yamaha RX100

Sport bikes: -
1. 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1
2. 1994 Ducati 916
3. 2003 MV Agusta F4
4. 1992 Honda CBR FireBlade

Cruzier bikes: -
1. Yamaha V-Max
2. H-D V-Rod
3. Yamaha RoadStar Warrior
4. H-D Fatboy

some of the greatest raw 2-strokers: -
GP Racers:
1. Yamaha YZR500
2. Yamaha TZ series
2. Yamaha RD350
3. Honda NSR500

street bikes: -
1. Yamaha RD & RZ Series
2. Kawasaki Triples
3. Suzuki GT series
4. Yamaha RX series

Indian Favroites: -
1. 1983 Rajdoot Yamaha 350
2. 1986 Yamaha RX100
3. Royal Enfiled G-Model
4. 2002 Suzuki Fiero

top 5 of them would be::--
1. Yamaha RD350B
2. Yamaha V-Max
3. Yamaha YZF-R1
4. Ducati 916
5. H-D V-rod

Rock on,
Jit

PS- attaching couple of my all time fav. Yamaha RD350b's mint pics, check that out -- Rock on, Ride on, live on & let ur iron babe smk on ;)

dahiyarules
September 18th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I used to have a RX 100 back in school days in India. hahaha. Still remember zooming across the noida-delhi toll bridge at 90 KMPH with a friend in the back. Connaught place in 20 minutes. Dhaula Kuan in 35 (Early Morning). Remeber the TAPS DK bus took more than an hour on average. So I did much better than that I guess.

I heard they dont mkae RX 100 in domestic market anymore. Only for export. I saw one here, the other day. It was from the old days though. Its a very famos Yamaha product.

kuldeep_malik
May 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Well actually i havent visited this old thread since long
thanks to the search option .,,,,, saw it today

Sumit bhai -- do send me some of ur bikes snaps ,,
it looks really a big dynosaur which gives you this much of awsome power.

By the way where are you having all these bikes -- are u in india if yes then do let me know may be someday I can buy out some time of yours in order to actually take a look at the bikes.

The reason I am a die hard fan of classic bikes is due to the fact they are rarely visible and they kinds give u a peek that how were the bikes of that time which even though kept in the mud upto their barrels and even then when taken out they were ready to kick out gas -- i mean u wont find any bike whose rim can last 5 years and you wont believe one of my friend has a bike which is almost 40 years old and still have the same rim which shines when u polishes them.

As far as racing bikes are concerned I think i have a soft corner for cruiser bikes , had a chance of riding fat boy during one of my visit to San francisco

A weekend deal covered with third party insurance for 120 dollars ,, it was worth i pumped it up to 180-190 km per hour -- it was awsome.

Chalo lets bring alive this thread again