Thread: Guest Faculty in MDU, Rohtak

Guest Faculty in MDU, Rohtak

Dear Jatland family members,

There are few positions as Guest Faculty available in Teaching Departments of MD University, Rohtak. Walk in interview will start from 8th Nov. Nearly all the departments have vacancy. Those interested can have a look at

http://www.mdurohtak.com

(Advt. as doc file)

(Expecting Jat presence in MDU)
    Bhupender Singh Ph.D.

Research Scholar

creating science resources -- www.IndianScience.in

my profile link : http://www.indianscience.in/bschhikara
    ---------------------------------
    Jats always excel

Never seen such an idotic advertisement which talks of paying Rs. 250 per lecture to the lecturers of Computers science and Physics and that too subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs. 12,000.00 (Rs. 10,000.00 for retired teachers). Do they expect a lecturer to drive every day 10-20 km, pay for petrol and work for such a low amount? In what sort of make-shift world these University authorities are living? It will take 1000 years to improve educational standards with such non-professional approach.

Rajendra

JAISEE TEREE KOMREE, EISE MERE GEET.

250 mai visiting faculty na milne ka sir jee. IIT and JNU's teachers charge 2000 to 3000 per lecture(For 1 hour) only in Delhi.
    ~~ u never know where ur destiny takes u ~~

Dear Rajender,

I agree with you on the point that pay package mentioned is very low. Actually, not only in MDU.. nearly everywhere (in India) pay perks are very low in colleges and universities. For the regular appointment, UGC scale of lecturership (Entry level in colleges and universities) is Rs. 8000-........ (Total emolument comes around Rs 17,000-18,000) and then what we expect for guest faculty (a contract appointment). This also depends upon the financial conditions of University. I have seen similar pay scale advt. for Hisar and Sirsa university. In my view... for university lecturer (for temperary as well) they should pay at least double of what they have advertised. But still the people join such vacancies.... because 1) people get experience, 2) this can get them regular appointment in future 3) at least getting something instead of nothing.

But one question still remains.... You cannot attract a high stadard faculty by this way. You can see standard of research in MDU... where it exists (one factor to show your presence on international scenario). Then how to attract and appoint good, talented, high standard faculty.

Bhupender singh

Quote Originally Posted by bschhikara
    Dear Rajender,

I agree with you on the point that pay package mentioned is very low. Actually, not only in MDU.. nearly everywhere (in India) pay perks are very low in colleges and universities. For the regular appointment, UGC scale of lecturership (Entry level in colleges and universities) is Rs. 8000-........ (Total emolument comes around Rs 17,000-18,000) and then what we expect for guest faculty (a contract appointment). This also depends upon the financial conditions of University. I have seen similar pay scale advt. for Hisar and Sirsa university. In my view... for university lecturer (for temperary as well) they should pay at least double of what they have advertised. But still the people join such vacancies.... because 1) people get experience, 2) this can get them regular appointment in future 3) at least getting something instead of nothing.

But one question still remains.... You cannot attract a high stadard faculty by this way. You can see standard of research in MDU... where it exists (one factor to show your presence on international scenario). Then how to attract and appoint good, talented, high standard faculty.

Bhupender singh
    If we want our universities to compete Stanford and Oxford, we have to invest brains with innovative ideas. This old mind-set is not going to take us anywhere. First there has to be zeal to become best. Everything else will follow. If our students are willing to pay high fees in western universities, why can't it be done in India. Quality of education will have to be improved to charge quality fees... Universities can not be made rehabilitation centres for incompetent unemployed people. Future of nation is built in universities and they have to be of highest standard.

Rajendra

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Hello All

This is true that standard of education is poor in MDU and i think they have enough money to raise the standards but still lack of willingness. Even i m shocked that Rs250 will be provided for a lecture. I dont think any good faculty can come to join hands with MDU in such payscale. I think we need some creative people who can run MDU according to international stndrds.

Abhimanyu Phougat

Mdu

M: MOST
    D: Destructive
    U: Undertaking

That is what it had been and continue to be so till date. Education and MDU are opposite of each other.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

to all sitting abroad!

dear all jatland members!

i could not resist telling all my brothers that rs 250 per lecture is fixed by UGC and govt of india as per normal protocol.

but, i am surprised to listen the hard critics from rajender who (if i remember correctly) is having some well connection in the ruling congress..

whether it is mdu or du or ku, all will have to pay 250 rs only per lecture. i have seen a message that in iit prof. takes 1000 or 2000 rs is totally wrong and unfounded. yes! you may add ur ta to some extent especially when you are invited to deliever a special lecture (you can even charge 10,000 for a lecture, but that include ur air fare also).

and plesase stop comparing standford with MDU or PU or DU. just compare the fee structure of a standford student and a DU student-. don't just curse the govt and university of our country if you have a half cooked knowlege of university system. time will come and i am sure we would be able to compete with some well known univiersities.

kayo bhai bhuppi, thik kaha naaaaaaa......

rakesh

Quote Originally Posted by dhandars
    dear all jatland members!

i could not resist telling all my brothers that rs 250 per lecture is fixed by UGC and govt of india as per normal protocol.

but, i am surprised to listen the hard critics from rajender who (if i remember correctly) is having some well connection in the ruling congress..

whether it is mdu or du or ku, all will have to pay 250 rs only per lecture. i have seen a message that in iit prof. takes 1000 or 2000 rs is totally wrong and unfounded. yes! you may add ur ta to some extent especially when you are invited to deliever a special lecture (you can even charge 10,000 for a lecture, but that include ur air fare also).

and plesase stop comparing standford with MDU or PU or DU. just compare the fee structure of a standford student and a DU student-. don't just curse the govt and university of our country if you have a half cooked knowlege of university system. time will come and i am sure we would be able to compete with some well known univiersities.

kayo bhai bhuppi, thik kaha naaaaaaa......

rakesh
    Dear Rakesh,

1. First of all on our half cooked or half baked knowledge on Indian universities. I don't really know what made you think that. I have been to quite a few Indian universities both as a student and examiner. I know fairly well how they function. I don't know if you know how much Indian universities pay to examiners. Most of the time examinership is accepted on personal considerations, as amount paid are so low that one cannot settle even electricity bills for the bulb used to check thesis. I know when students have to bear the taxi charges for the PhD examiners. So please don't quote all the se UGC norms which are out of tune with time. I remember having checked the copies of Aligarh University way long back and trust me, till today they haven’t settled the examination fees..

2. With whom should we compare our universities if we want to compete with the developed countries? Should we compare them with University of Peshawar or University of Kabul? If a parent can pay Rs. 1500.00 per month his ward's primary education, why can't he pay even half of that for university education? Who will streamline the system? Single trip on DTC bus costs more than the university fees of a BSc student these days in many Indian universities. If DTC can increase its fares, why can't universities can do the same?

3. Now coming to my congress connections. We are not indulging a political debate here. Therefore, this statement is totally out of context with the subject matter and needs no response.

Point here is which way we want to lead our higher education system. In today's world when people have multiple career choices, one has to be innovative to attract talented people into education system. Quoting UGC norms and taking stand on out-dated models is not going to lead us anywhere. Let us accept that our higher education system needs heavy dose of investment and Rs. 250.00 per hour approach is not going to improve it.

Rajendra
    Last edited by rkumar; November 6th, 2005 at 08:54 PM.

Guest Faculty

Hi All,

I am a gold medallist from a Top Management Institute in Delhi I have done my masters in IT and I head a Software and BPO company in India and God has given me everything I wanted in life, I can teach Enterprise Resource Planning ERP and Technology Management and Database Architecture and lots of Topics on Management, free of cost for the sake of my community pls mail me at mayankmalik77@gmail.com and I will be more than willing to come,

There are somethings that money can't buy for everything else there's Mastercard
    Regards

Mayank

i have seen a message that in iit prof. takes 1000 or 2000 rs is totally wrong and unfounded. yes! you may add ur ta to some extent especially when you are invited to deliever a special lecture (you can even charge 10,000 for a lecture, but that include ur air fare also).

Rakesh Bhai,
    When will I be in Delhi? I will show you that how much IIT and JNU teachers charging for guest lecture.

Thanks & Regards,
    Ham
    ~~ u never know where ur destiny takes u ~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mayankmalik77
    Hi All,

I am a gold medallist from a Top Management Institute in Delhi I have done my masters in IT and I head a Software and BPO company in India and God has given me everything I wanted in life, I can teach Enterprise Resource Planning ERP and Technology Management and Database Architecture and lots of Topics on Management, free of cost for the sake of my community pls mail me at mayankmalik77@gmail.com and I will be more than willing to come,

There are somethings that money can't buy for everything else there's Mastercard
    Regards

Mayank
    Thanks dear mayank
    I think Bhupinder ji started this link that a few jats get a opp. or rather a start
    in Educationline. But as I read your post, I hat the the feeling of saying Thanks to you. I think it is the sprit that will take our youth and our community to the hights and maybe some more fellows come forward and do something for the youth.

Dahiyaji,

For God's sake, please don't change the name of MDU and let it be Maharishi Dayanad University Only. Dosh to hamari siksha pranali ka hai na ki us mahan Rishi ke naam mai.

I had done Masters Degree in Financial Management from JBIMS, Bombay. I remeber about the guest faculty used to be very senior managers from the industry e.g Dr R.P Singh, Gen.Mgr Human Resources Indian oil, Mr. Venugopal Gen a very senior Financial consutant, Dr Moradian Gen Mgr Planning L&T, Dr Moses Grindlays Bank,
    These are a few names come to my mind and i can't imagine people of their stature coming to teach in the MDU or any other institutions accepting the incentives given in the adv.

Root cause of poor facilities is irrational approach to higher education in our universities. I have no definite data but it is not difficult to guess that thousands of post graduates finish their degrees without having any clue to the future course of their career. Thousands take degree in Hindi, Pol Science, History etc. which doesn't take them anywhere. Imagine the amount of resources spent on these courses. I don't say that these courses souldn't be taught but admissions should be restricted to improve the quality of these courses.

Conditions in sciences streams is no better. Admissions to Phd and Mphil courses are carried out without any research facilities. Atleast i know about the Universities in NZ that Research projects get funding from industries. All the Universities have special departments who keep on exploring sponsors and outside funding. In return the sponsors expect results from the researchers. No funds no admissions.

Rajenderji, you are absolutley right in saying that fees charged in universities is very low and for getting better facilities fees structures should be revised.
    Technical courses should have more fees. Norms at UGC are outdated too and need change with times.
    Last edited by spdeshwal; November 8th, 2005 at 07:15 PM.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Hi All
    Dont worry soon u will see the days will change for MDU. OPur Cm has said they gonna make it a central university and there is one more news that MDU ko commonwealth village banane ke baare mein vichaar chal raha hai. So these are good signs lets see how long all decisions will take to implement.

Abhimanyu Phougat

I Have Seen This University

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal
    Dahiyaji,

For God's sake, please don't change the name of MDU and let it be Maharishi Dayanad University Only. Dosh to hamari siksha pranali ka hai na ki us mahan Rishi ke naam mai.

I had done Masters Degree in Financial Management from JBIMS, Bombay. I remeber about the guest faculty used to be very senior managers from the industry e.g Dr R.P Singh, Gen.Mgr Human Resources Indian oil, Mr. Venugopal Gen a very senior Financial consutant, Dr Moradian Gen Mgr Planning L&T, Dr Moses Grindlays Bank,
    These are a few names come to my mind and i can't imagine people of their stature coming to teach in the MDU or any other institutions accepting the incentives given in the adv.

Root cause of poor facilities is irrational approach to higher education in our universities. I have no definite data but it is not difficult to guess that thousands of post graduates finish their degrees without having any clue to the future course of their career. Thousands take degree in Hindi, Pol Science, History etc. which doesn't take them anywhere. Imagine the amount of resources spent on these courses. I don't say that these courses souldn't be taught but admissions should be restricted to improve the quality of these courses.

Conditions in sciences steams is no better. Admissions to Phd and Mphil courses are carried out without any research facilities. Atleast i know about the Universities in NZ that Research projects get funding from industries. All the Universities have special departments who keep on exploring sponsors and outside funding. In return the sponsors expect results from the researchers. No funds no admissions.

Rajenderji, you are absolutley right in saying that fees charged in universities is very low and for getting better facilities fees structures should be revised.
    Technical courses should have more fees. Norms at UGC are outdated too and need change with times.

Bhai ristedaar when i say somthing it will be based on my first hand account. I did my Post graduation in the year 2000 from this MDU in public Administaration with distinction but for those two years what i observed was shameful on the part of both teachers and taughts. What is in a name bhai.?....Naam dharr dyo Gulab Singh arr badboo aati ho gendde jissi. Khaeir i am sorry to hurt your sentiments......AAP RAJJI RAHO.....Jo dharya se wohe theek bhai. Sorry to hurt you.
    Last edited by devdahiya; November 8th, 2005 at 08:49 AM.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Now there are permanent faculty positions in the MD University. Information about various vacancies can be obtained from the above mentioned link (under download section, sr. no. 3 Appointments).
    My main aim of posting this post is to provide information to all Jatland members who are mostly abroad (as advt for these posts generally appear in local/indian news papers only) and wish to contribute for their homeland; AND Not to discuss what the university is providing (paying) or not (as it also depends upon candidate how much he creats or is capable of). Most importantly to see the JAT presence in MDU (Such a big and dominating community and rare/mearse presence in higher education).
    Last edited by bschhikara; January 3rd, 2006 at 08:37 PM.
    Bhupender Singh Ph.D.

Research Scholar

Jats always excel

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bschhikara

Now there are permanent faculty positions in the MD University. Information about various vacancies can be obtained from the above mentioned link (under download section, sr. no. 3 Appointments).
    My main aim of posting this post is to provide information to all Jatland members who are mostly abroad (as advt for these posts generally appear in local/indian news papers only) and wish to contribute for their homeland; AND Not to discuss what the university is providing (paying) or not (as it also depends upon candidate how much he creats or is capable of). Most importantly to see the JAT presence in MDU (Such a big and dominating community and rare/mearse presence in higher education).
    Yaar I failed in getting the link...
    if there is position in Zoology tell

Dear
    I have attached the advt file in pdf format.
    there are three vacancies in zoology and many more in biosciences. rest you can see the advertisement.

with regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advertisement%202-2005.pdf  
    Bhupender Singh Ph.D.

Research Scholar

Jats always excel