Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anybody wanting to come to USA for Higher Studies

Hi Deepti
    Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm glad to know about your determination to do "something", but I think its more important for you to figure out what that something is. A good idea would be to ask yourself, "where do I wanna be 5-10 years down the line (professionally)?", and then start working towards it.
    As far as doing MS is concerned, US is the ultimate destination for a no. or reasons. It offers education which is at par with any best institute in the world ad its not that difficult to secure admission. See my earlier post regarding what you need to do to secure admission in any of the schools here.
    let me know if I can be of any further help.
    Cheers
    Sangwan
    Jat Balwan.....Jai Bhagwan

hi pradeep!its admirable that u have come up with this article to help other jat students.i also need a little bit help from yur side if possible.actually i m looking for floral design/decoration course.can u do me a favour??????????can u plz get me information if there's any institute for such course.i know its completely different from what u r doing.But still if u can get some information i'll be thankful........[QUOTE=sunnysangwan]Ram Ram to all

if possible then plz let me konw abt. its duration also...........
    Last edited by deepika; April 6th, 2006 at 02:11 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysangwan
    Dear Jatlanders
    I think a post describing all the aspects of studying abroad is long overdue since a lot of us are aspiring to study abroad. I can give a fineprint of how to go about getting to the US for higher studies.

Bhai
    manne US te MBA Karni hai, par mein Dilli mein BBA kar ra Amity Business School te, Dikkat ya ki manne sunya koi koi college USA aale 10+2+4 mange, isme koi chooth na milti? 10+2+3 aale ku?

ar bhai mein is sal Graduate hon lagra 1 minhe baad, mein fer Mccann Erickson mein kaam karan ki soch ra, kitne saal ka exp bhatera ho US ki A grade Uni ki lia?
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

friend i too want to do GRE.can you please tell me about the exam.how is it,how much preparation,coaching,how much time the complete thing would take i.e. to give exam,join a college,complete degree.kindly share this bit of info. .thankyou
    kherka Gujjar

thankyou for this information.i really needed it.
    kherka Gujjar

Hi deepika

Well, first of all let me tell u I got to know from u for the first time that there are actually some courses like that . I'm sorry I have no idea about that but let me suggest u a solution. U can contact my mom, she's a Home Scientist and is a professor at College of Home Science at Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar. She's also a visiting professor at Ohio State University, Ohio. Her mail id is vsangwan@rediffmail.com. Give her my reference and I'm sure she might be able to suggest something to u.

All the Best

Pradeep

Quote Originally Posted by desijat
    Bhai
    manne US te MBA Karni hai, par mein Dilli mein BBA kar ra Amity Business School te, Dikkat ya ki manne sunya koi koi college USA aale 10+2+4 mange, isme koi chooth na milti? 10+2+3 aale ku?

ar bhai mein is sal Graduate hon lagra 1 minhe baad, mein fer Mccann Erickson mein kaam karan ki soch ra, kitne saal ka exp bhatera ho US ki A grade Uni ki lia?
    Bhai Desijat
    There're some schools which accept 10+2+3 but their crdebility is an issue.
    Work experience depends on wot kinda school u r applying to. There's no set parameter on that. Your overall acceptance rate depends on a no. of parameters like ur education, GMAT score, work experience, academics etc. etc.
    So its really difficult to comment on either of ur questions. Wot I'll suggest to u is to go to a consultant like Jamboree. These ppl have a huge databases of wot schools look for wot're ur chances in a particular school. they might also suggest u a school depending on ur credentials.
    Let me know if u need some further info.
    All the Best
    Sangwan

Quote Originally Posted by deswal100184
    friend i too want to do GRE.can you please tell me about the exam.how is it,how much preparation,coaching,how much time the complete thing would take i.e. to give exam,join a college,complete degree.kindly share this bit of info. .thankyou
    Hey buddy
    Go through my earlier post, I've explained everything there.
    Cheers
    Sangwan

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Hey prdeep,

How r u?
    I am sushil rathee.I also belong to HIsar.Thats very good thing u are doing for jat comunity.I want to app... u.Yaar prdeep i am bsc.elctronics holder and did my mba from delhi now working in mobile comapny from last one year.But now i think i should go to usa to earn the money.Can i get a kob on base of my education or i should apply any student visa.So if i do again mba frm there that i think is useless.i got so much confusion.can u plz help me out with ur best advice.I am working in this company in channel sales.
    plz do reply me.

with regards,
    sushil rathee

Pradeep,
    this is very ncie thing, u started........
    i just want to say thanks to u..........
    keep doing such things......
    bye
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysangwan
    Ram Ram to all

I'm currently doing Masters in Electrical Engineering at University of Texas at Arlington,where Kalpana Chawla did her Aeronautical Engineering from, majoring in Wireless Communication. I'm in my final semester now and would be graduating soon.
    The reason I'm starting this thread is to help others who decide to further their studies here in the US. I know the dilemna prospective students face when they decide to come to the US. There's hardly anybody who they can look at for advice. I think being here in the US I can be of immense help to my Jat Bhai Behens.
    So please feel free to ask me for anything if u have any queries.

Being thousands of miles away from my land, i feel an extra responsibilty to do something for my people and my land. I always used to wonder why these NRIs try to do so much when even the people in the land are not bothered but the mystery has begun to unravel. Its because of the pain of being so far away from Matrubhumi that drives the urge to do wotever one can.
    I've been doing and will always do wotever I can for my people and my land and hope that one day ours will be the most prosperous and most profcient land.

Jai Hind

hello bhai pardeep

dear brother ,
    myself vivek sangwan and presently m pursuing bachelor in hotel management and m willing to come over there for higher studies .
    plz help me for dat
    give me suggestions
    viv sangwan
    Vivek Sangwan
    Khansama group of restaurants ,
    Singapore
    hp -0065-85892863

Quote Originally Posted by sushilrathee View Post
    Hey prdeep,

How r u?
    I am sushil rathee.I also belong to HIsar.Thats very good thing u are doing for jat comunity.I want to app... u.Yaar prdeep i am bsc.elctronics holder and did my mba from delhi now working in mobile comapny from last one year.But now i think i should go to usa to earn the money.Can i get a kob on base of my education or i should apply any student visa.So if i do again mba frm there that i think is useless.i got so much confusion.can u plz help me out with ur best advice.I am working in this company in channel sales.
    plz do reply me.

with regards,
    sushil rathee
    Hi Sushil
    I don't know what your job profile is but if you're a RF Engineer you can definitely get a job here but the problem is Visa. The best solution I can think of is contacting some consultant here in the US and see if they can arrange a Visa for you. What you can do is strike a deal with them and work for minimum wages for a couple of months because all they care about is making money. I'm also in the wireless industry and can tell you that there's a lot of work here in this field but the only poblem you're gonna face is Visa. Alternatively, you ca enroll in some program here and after that it'll not be a problem at all.
    Let me know if you need to know something else.

Quote Originally Posted by viveksangwan View Post
    dear brother ,
    myself vivek sangwan and presently m pursuing bachelor in hotel management and m willing to come over there for higher studies .
    plz help me for dat
    give me suggestions
    viv sangwan
    Bhai Vivek
    I really don't have much idea about Hotel Management but I think the safest bet for you would be to go to a consultant there in India and go about it from there. I know for sure that some consultants like Jamboree have a huge database of schools in the US and can help in you in choosing one based on your preference in terms of tuition, place, ranking et al.
    Do let me know if you need the address for Jamboree in delhi.
    Sangwan

hello bhai ,
    howz u there.m fine n hope for the same u there .thanks for assisting yaar . let me know abt the address of that counsultant .
    thank you

JATs--'bash on regardless
    sangwan junior
    Vivek Sangwan
    Khansama group of restaurants ,
    Singapore
    hp -0065-85892863