Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Negligible Jats in Civil Services.. Why?

The Key is Motivation...

Dear All,

The solution is simpler than expected. The question is NOT whether JATS are intelligent or not intelligent, but whether we (Parents & Children) are aware of the fact that we are being left behind everyday by other communities in most parameters of development. That is the key. And if one thinks that we are progressing as per our potential, we are living in a fool's paradise.

We could only have more in the IAS cadre only when parents are ready to sacrifice their pleasures and children motivated enough to achieve the impossible. It is not the question of IQ. The other factors are hardwork, environment, access and affordability of study material, finances to take tutorials and a satisfactory family atmosphere. Believe you me, if parents are ready to sacrifice, nothing is impossible. "Manne peesay bhej diye bhai chhore dhore" is not enough. One also has to go and see whether the 'Chhora' is using that money for a useful purpose or going to a ladies bar!

Being a father of a son who is pursuing a dream that is at least 1000 times more difficult, if not more, I can tell you with first hand experience that if you support your child in pursuing his/her dream, they would never disappoint you. But sacrifices will have to be made by the whole family to chase that dream. There are no short cuts to success and the harder you work, luckier one gets. How many of us are ready to go to that extent is another story.

So DREAM and PURSUE it with all your might.

Regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

The reason, why Jats are not doing very good in civil services or in any other line is we are still in feudal mind-set. Getting job in police, like thanedar or in military is never considered due to intellect. There are other factors.

Telling yourself that Jat dont want to be ruled is like giving lame excuse. Giving excuse has become very much in blood of Jats. We have false ego :rolleyes:

To compete with other communities we need to be very tolerant and should respect the values of other people. Unfortunately, most of time i see that we try to pull each others leg.

Being proud for genuine reasons is ok, but being arrogant and unreasonable is like having false pride. We need to come out of this. I see most of Jats are aggresive, unreasonable and arrogant too. Forgive me for saying this but i am talking about common Jat, not Jats like us.

Parents have general tendency to control every bit of their childs or they are too lenient. Mostly lenient :rolleyes:. Either way they fails to provide right atmosphere to their child. Also they lacks in guiding their child to right career. This thing can be overcome by more interaction among common Jats. But we cant expect that an ignorant person will try to gather right information and from right person. This thing needs to be taken care by people like us. We need not do social service for this. If we make sure that in our family and among relatives everyone is well informed, thats more then enough.

There have been lots of reform in our society. But they are too slow and one step behind other communties.

Jats are lucky to be settled in most strategic region of India. Thanx to our ancestors. I am sure future would be better.

Jats are one of the most powerful and rich community in India.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to atul.jhajhria For This Useful Post:

ranveer (September 6th, 2016)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by siddharth2002
    Hello everybody, My first post here. I think Jats are very capable and indeed very aggressive people. And I think we have everything available in Haryana from quality education to sound bringing-up. Only that we think we are modern but our thoughts are not modern. You don't have to be educted to be smart and viable thinker. You can be a professor or whatever but unless you change your attitude in life and towrds other people, that "long way to go" will remain long.:p

Your post is far away from truth. wt do u wanna say by our thoughts r not modren? Pl don't try to post a rosy picture of jats under d influence of sedatives. Wt an arrogance and so far away from truth. First post and so much indifferance? you r proving wt every one is worried abt. It is a damn long way to go for all of us.

Login to view details.

well said

Quote Originally Posted by atul.jhajhria
    The reason, why Jats are not doing very good in civil services or in any other line is we are still in feudal mind-set. Getting job in police, like thanedar or in military is never considered due to intellect. There are other factors.

Telling yourself that Jat dont want to be ruled is like giving lame excuse. Giving excuse has become very much in blood of Jats. We have false ego :rolleyes:

To compete with other communities we need to be very tolerant and should respect the values of other people. Unfortunately, most of time i see that we try to pull each others leg.

Being proud for genuine reasons is ok, but being arrogant and unreasonable is like having false pride. We need to come out of this. I see most of Jats are aggresive, unreasonable and arrogant too. Forgive me for saying this but i am talking about common Jat, not Jats like us.

Parents have general tendency to control every bit of their childs or they are too lenient. Mostly lenient :rolleyes:. Either way they fails to provide right atmosphere to their child. Also they lacks in guiding their child to right career. This thing can be overcome by more interaction among common Jats. But we cant expect that an ignorant person will try to gather right information and from right person. This thing needs to be taken care by people like us. We need not do social service for this. If we make sure that in our family and among relatives everyone is well informed, thats more then enough.

There have been lots of reform in our society. But they are too slow and one step behind other communties.

Jats are lucky to be settled in most strategic region of India. Thanx to our ancestors. I am sure future would be better.

Jats are one of the most powerful and rich community in India.

So true bhai.

I agree with you that motivation should come from Family, relatives and teachers. Teachers should give right guidence and vision to students in colleges and Family should give them a platform to achvive thier dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by radhikachhillar
    Your post is far away from truth. wt do u wanna say by our thoughts r not modren? Pl don't try to post a rosy picture of jats under d influence of sedatives. Wt an arrogance and so far away from truth. First post and so much indifferance? you r proving wt every one is worried abt. It is a damn long way to go for all of us.
    Hi there, Yeah I am new here and don't know how you guys interpret each others' comments. Could you please clarify what you said above there.
    If I am getting it correctly, first of all I am very proud of who I am and as mentioned in other posts I have respect of every individual for who he is (P.S.- I don't belive in different communities like Jats, Punjabi, Bihari etc. and hence a reason why I find this website's name offending too.)
    And I am not acting arrogant(its an agruement for arguement sake) and what truth you are talking about.....

As usual!!!!

As usual what I have been observing here on jatland that we so often and so easily drift from the main topic of discussion. It is happening here too the discussion is molding into the all the other things except why we are less into civil services.
    Lets stay on the topic and try and find out if we can be helpful to someone to join that elite service.
    I agree with Jag Mohan sir regarding the motivation to be into that the bandwagon of civil services. My only point of contention is that students should be self motivated enough to take up the challenge to crack civil services. His level of motivation is the most important. That level of motivation comes when he is well aware of what he is trying for and that info comes from surroundings, parents, friends, seniors, teachers and all the other factors u all have listed.
    I have studied in Delhi University and stayed in JUBLEE HALL of north campus. This hostel has privilege to produce maximum no of civil servants under one roof. Maximum no. of successful candidates are either biharis or eastern UPiets. The only reason I could found out was the choice. Majority of the students there did not have any choice. They left Bihar because they could not study there because of horrible atmosphere there in colleges and university. No doubt they are hard workers but they don’t have any other avenues to lead a good successful life then clearing civil service.
    When we compare this with our scenario we have lots of option we see military as one of the glorious career in whole of the jatland. I still remember how I got motivated to join army. Ours was the residential school. Arguably the best public school in haryana. On ex students meet the ex students who had joined NDA used to come to school and used to talk to us. They used to come and tell us all very good things about NDA slowly that became a very strong force of motivation for our school boys to join army. Students used to go to other professions too but they never turned up to tell us about them, so the best career we used to consider then was Army. Still that tradition follows lots of our students join NDA because of that motivation.
    Biharis in my view have negative motivation, which is yielding a positive result for them. They don’t have any other choice then to do civil service. We in this part of the country used to be proud owners of our land and as all of you have said we had inclination towards different professions.
    Now I think we would be sailing in the same boat. Land is slowly vanishing and education level is down in bottoms and mindset has not changed.

Finally in my view before intelligence, environment, guidence, monitary and other supports The MOTIVATION is most important for such exams.
    GOOD JUDGEMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE,EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGEMENT.(EX-RAIST 92-BATCH)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to captmanjeet For This Useful Post:

lrburdak (August 7th, 2016), ranveer (September 6th, 2016)

Login to view details.
    Hi!
    When I said, jats do not have the required mindset, what i mean is that they donot really aspire to be there. They are easy to satisfy themself. Its fine for them that they are Inspector in a force rather than aiming to be IPS.
    Also not long ago most of us had enough lands to feed ourselves and make some profit as well. But that was not the situation say in bihar. So to make most of themselves, they had no option but to study hard that is what is paying them currently. Their parents too had instilled in them that without education and hard work you will be nowhere. remember it is not just civil services but that even in major IIT's and medical entrance they top the examinations.
    So may be it will be different in the coming generations when parents are more aware of choices and can motivate their children better. And children also are aware that education is the key to some problems and try harder

Plaese notice it.

Dear All,
    Namaste,
    Ghar ka mahaul bhi bahuit badi chhej hai.

Ghar me ya jahan char aadmi baithe aur lathi-goli ki baat hongi to alag baat hogi aur
    Ghar me ya jahan char aadmi baithe aur political affairs or general awareness ki baat hogi to kuchh aur hi alag baat hogi.

I think we overdose our desi style which we proud of.

Aur ek baat, to prepare & crack CIVIL SERVICE Exam one need to have good back up (in practical cases) for future.

Bye
    Yours
    RAHUL NADAR
    FIGHT FOR A BRIGHTER INDIA

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crsnadar For This Useful Post:

sunildagar (May 26th, 2016), vijaypooniya (August 7th, 2016)

This is the perfect example how things changes with time.

Almost 11 years back, members here discussed about Jats not qualifying for Civil Services and the reasons behind that. Some were positive about doing better in future while others were just hopeless due to our mindset and attitude problems.

Positive thinking always wins and we see the results. Number of Jat candidate qualifying Civil Services increasing year by year.

This is one of the achievements to show the people who says that as a community Jats are not progressive in mindset and intellect with time.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (May 27th, 2016), lrburdak (August 7th, 2016), spdeshwal (July 25th, 2016), vijaypooniya (May 26th, 2016)

Welcome Siddharth Hooda at post26 !

I agree with you that Jats are quite capable. They prove excellence in every field.
    Last edited by lrburdak; August 7th, 2016 at 12:41 PM.
    Laxman Burdak

I have added some names of Jat administrators on Jatland in the form of Directory. See

http://www.jatland.com/home/Director...Administrators

We can not say they are negligible !!!
    Laxman Burdak

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (August 7th, 2016), cooljat (August 7th, 2016), rskankara (August 7th, 2016), sanjeev_balyan (August 7th, 2016), vijay (August 7th, 2016), vijaypooniya (August 7th, 2016)