Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Touch Screen Programming

Touch Screen Programming

Hi Guys,
    Is there anyone out there working on the touch screen on a Pocket PC?
    I am facing a trouble using the WIN CE API's touchpanelenable etc...
    This is a WIN CE OS API and needs a library file tchmain.lib which is not available anywhere on this earth........... i have the header file though...
    I am using embedded VC++ as the development environment...

So all you geeks out there... kindly help....

Thanx
    Shilpa

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    It all sounded like Greek to me

Wow looks like u r doing some interesting stuff.. where do u work?
    Sorry cant help u on this as I am froma diff domain.

Regards,
    Anuj kadyan

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    dusare ki thali main hamesa hi Ghee ghana lagta hai.....

[QUOTE=anuj_kadyan]Wow looks like u r doing some interesting stuff.. where do u work?

Would you like to telll me Processor??
    do you any hardware knoweldge??? if yes then check with you design , that how they interfaced Touch screen with Processor(I2C,SPI,UART or any other type)

are you sure hardware is working fine???
    Touch screen membrane working Fine...........
    To check above two thing use a DSO & LA or these things are new for you ask to hardware designer....

for any other help you can call me on my cell..
    .9891717620...i am in noida...

bye-bye

Quote Originally Posted by shilpa
    Hi Guys,
    This is a WIN CE OS API and needs a library file tchmain.lib which is not available anywhere on this earth........... i have the header file though...

Thanx
    Shilpa

quote=anuj_kadyan]Wow looks like u r doing some interesting stuff.. where do u work?
    Sorry cant help u on this as I am froma diff domain.

Regards,
    Anuj kadyan[/quote]

ya its interesting but pretty taxing too... specially when there's nobody to help.. newaz am in HCL.. how bout u?

hi,
    The device is from Symbol 9000 series.. its a PDA with an inbuilt sacnner.. by default the touch screen is working fine but we gotta tailor it as per the requirement.. The device is working fine and i have checked in the registry it has the "touch.dl" mandatory for touch screen in place.. The processor ARM based.. Since this a PDA based development may be Platform Builder would solve the problem.. but am still not sure...

abhi fight chal rahi hai.. let's see...
    Thanx

For that work you are also getting very good salary, because of no help means other cann't do....and comp. have no choice except to pay ypu more then others.

Let come to point...
    are you using Win-CE- SDK

do you need the Lib to built.

ARM but which one ARM7,ARM9,ARM10 or ARM11
    most probability ARM9 then question which version 40,46 ext???
    Most PDA are based on intel( Strong ARM) processor Xscale PXA series
    (eg. PXa 25X,PXA26x, PXA27x.)
    And as per my best knowledge Symbol guys are also using PXA series.

Plz describe you problem in details.

Bye-bye
    Last edited by ajay_kumar_g; December 22nd, 2005 at 05:09 PM.

hey Shilpa I work for Oracle in hyderabad.

Shkhbir bhai l its not about grass being greener on the other side.. its just curiosity !! Also I am sure this is the work which is not too common unlike many other domains.

Regards,
    Anuj kadyan

Hello Shilpa,
    I do not think u need to do extra thing for touch screen programming....device has inbuilt capabilities (I am using HP ipaq) for touch screens.
    ..most probably ur environment is not set up properly or u r using third party APIs and those library are not in ur environment library path.

Please check ur environment settings and project settings (for library path)...
    Dev

Hi,
    A fresher doesnt get much salary... am still awaiting my appraisal.. but yes my boss thinks that other's cant do it..so he has given this wrk to me..poor me..
    Anywaz the processor is ARM 4...
    No am using the mobility kit provided by Symbol (SMDK)for eVC.. this is for 9000 series..
    Am working on an application to be developed for the retail store and that's why the usage of touch screen becomes a lill risky..
    yes, i need the library called "tchmain.lib".. if i get that library all i wud need is to just call the relevant API's on WIN CE..
    But i guess symbol SDK doesnt provide support for these API's n i wud have to go the tougher way... by capturing the stylus input and then redirecting it to some other window...

lets see...
    i hope i cud explain my problem...
    thanx..
    Shilpa

Hi Dev,
    yes u r right...
    the touch screen capabilty is inbuilt... but i gotta disable it.. n tailor it as per my need.. that is the touch screen gotta be configurable... n that is whr the problem starts.. yes.. am using third part API's coz that is wat is provided by the client.. we have been told to find a wrkaround with that only..

ORACLE.... amazin... this is the only word i have for it.. u must be one geek..
    yup the work is lill different.. n interesting too.. as long as the deadlines dont bog u n the client doesnt threaten u....

shilpa,

Hmm I would say u r wrong on both aspects
    neither is it amazing now ma I a geek

Its a good compnay..but then big organizations have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Abt me lets not even talk abt it.. u can have the misconceptions that I am a geek ;-)

Regards,
    Anuj kadyan

check with links

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/.../msg00227.html

Quote Originally Posted by shilpa
    Hi Guys,

Thanx
    Shilpa

Hi,
    What was this link bout?
    A depressed web page... or something more...
    newaz it was gud n pretty informative..
    thanx..

fine then i ll live with my misconceptions that u r one solid geek..
    meanwhile u bask in the glory...
    wat say?

as far as the API problem is concerned the client wud b visiting us in jan so i guess the problem wud b solved by itself as he may have given the wrong SDK.. meanwhile i v fixed a work around for it n its working fine..
    thanx 4 ur help guys...

I dont consider being geek a glorious thing and not even in my dreams I want to be one

So now what do u say ?

oops! now i m in a fix...
    to be a geek or not to be a geek.. well the onus lies on u...
    Chalo then bask in the glory without being a geek....
    that's all i can say...