Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: "Jan Jagriti - An Awakening"

Some more:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ladies-tokni.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	1829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	women-races.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	1830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old-people.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	1831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old-races.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	1832  

[quote=stokas quote]

food was tooo gud, bajre ki rotti noooni ghi gael, saaag, sabzi, doo dhaal kae rayatae, churmaaa n seeeet...... we littreally filled our tanks, katti paet paat gaya tha, aek kammi rehgiiiiiii..... uddde mahari tahi khaat arr kheash naa paaye saun tahi hahahahhahahahaha, katti issa hisaaab ho gaya tha akkk aankh micchae thiii khade khade bhi, manne tae berra aae konya akkk kitni rotti khaaa gaya

also not to forget the marathon, matka, buddha race..... amazing experience it was, the spirit and enthusisam of village people has to be much appreciated, the crowd was present in thousands........ hope to be in barhana soon again..

Some more:

(And more are coming later!)

Name:	before-marathon.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	1833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd-in-marathon.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	1834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	girls-running.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	1835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boys-running.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	1836  

I got really nostalgic looking at the pictures. I was raised by my maternal grandparents in their village of Kheri Asra (Chahra aali). I spent most of my childhood there.When I wasnt at school, I was in Kheri.

I havent been there in ages now. My family visits me as my career obligations have tied me down.

What I have noticed over the years is that the social structure of our villages has changed a lot. The new generation does not have ample resources to support themselves and their young brides and children by relying on farming alone.

Financial stress has ripped apart neighborhoods. Neighbors are jealous of the same neighbors they grew up with for no good reason. Its just the frustration.

Many young boys are in Jails for petty crimes. Others are in the process of committing such crimes.

Sometimes I feel as if someone cast an evil spell on our villages. 15 years ago, things were totally different. Thats when the current generation was still growing up. They were supported by their fathers as farming land was enough compared to the respective numbers.

Its a tragedy. Last time I was there was 6 years ago. People who I kne well wont speak to me. Most of them are upset for personal reasons.

Does anyone think that it will get any better?

I personally beleive that an improvement in urban living standards has put a stress on the rural areas. People in rural areas are trying to match up with their urban counterparts. Everyone wants a color tv, telephone, scooter/car etc. And they do not have ample resources to get it all.

I was reading a story in TOI the other day. How some villages around delhi are getting prosperous by selling off their land. But, how many people realize that wealth accumulated by selling land is limited. They can have a high standard of living for now, or maybe for the rest of the life. But, when the coffers run dry, it will back to square 1. Back then you atleast had land. Now, even the land is gone. What do you do now?

I strongly believe that the numbers in our villages have outrun the opportunities because we do not invest in human capital at the same rate that we invest in luxuries of life. I think that these villages that are geting prosperous momentarily, need to throw some money into either setting up employment opportunities for their children or give them the best education that money can buy so that they can support them selves when their time comes.

Our people lack prudence. I really appreciate the effort that Jan Jagriti is making. But, I am not yet convinced about where this would lead us. I am not being pessimistic. But, I am very positive that we need to influence human action.

Building more schools is not going to help becuase the quality of education is poor. We really should not replicate the poor education any further. But, we must offer incentive good educational institutions to set up branches near our villages, where they can provide world class education to our children. I am too poor to donate now, but for those who are already donating for such causes they could contribute their resources for such causes. Even a dollar helps.

I know all those Sheikhs in the Gulf countries do what I just said. Over the last few decades, they got a lot of American, British and Indian institutions to teach their tribal children. For all these years these Sheikhs hired foreigners to rig their oil and run their economy. Now, the new generation of Sheikhs that is very well educated and highly qualified is ready to take control of their respective countries.

Instead of having a 100 poor quality schools that produce, 100,000 bad students who have no job prospects, what so ever, why not have 1 very high quality school that produces 1000 highly capable citizens who have excellent prospects. It could multiply from there on.

We need to get as many people as possible out of the villages and assimilate them in urban areas, until the land is to number of people balance is restored and our villages can revert back to doing what they do best: feed the rest of the country.

Bhai Sumit,
    1. Rivalry and enemity in our comunity is as old as its history. Strong and impulsive reactions are in the Jat genes. Unless our wisdom overpowers our genes we will continue with these differences.
    2. But there isnt reason to be too negative, love gets through every hatred. We are getting very good response from every one. So many people in village have said to us "jab aap log hamare gaaon ke liye itna kuchh kar rahe ho to ham bhi pura jor lagaaenge aur apna pura sahyog denge"
    3. Your point about quality education is absolutely right. If you see our 'vision' at www.janjagriti.com , quality education is our moto too.
    Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Hi Everyone,

My hearty congratulations for the success of Jan-Jagriti 25th dec event.
    BY watching the pics only anyone can say that it was really a great event.These pics brought a smile on my face and probably to everyone's face...:-)
    I was so excited to attend the event as it would have been my first chance to be a part of this great event after shifting back from bangalore but somehow i didnt get this great opportunity.
    But anyways it was good to see the pics.May be next time i will get the chance.
    Congrates once again and hope to have such events in future also.
    "So many tangles in life are ultimately hopeless that we have no appropriate sword other than laughter."
    -- Gordon William Allport (1897-1967), American psychologist

Thank you Meenu for these appreciating words! Hope to see you join in future events!!

Here are some more pics of the events, taken in Barhana on 25/12/06:

Name:	race1.jpg 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	1855   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	senior-race.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	1856   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	senior-winners.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	1857   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	senior-prizes.jpg 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	1858  

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Thumbs up

Dear Naveen & Tokas bhai ji

kudos to you. A lot of people just talk and laugh but you are really doing the hard work. My best wishes for you. Keep doing it.

Some prize distribution photographs:

Name:	prizes-bharti.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	1859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prizes-lakra_n_mamaji.jpg 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	1860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prizes-tokas.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	1861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prizes-sunil.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	1862  

Quote Originally Posted by rajeshrathee View Post
    Dear Naveen & Tokas bhai ji

kudos to you. A lot of people just talk and laugh but you are really doing the hard work. My best wishes for you. Keep doing it.
    Thanks Rajesh bhai for these kind words! Aise hi himmat badhate rahe to hum log bhi lage rahenge

And the last set of photos:

Name:	prizes-monica.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	1863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prizes-koyal.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	1864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spl-group.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	1865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ayam-n-nanaji.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	1866  

good effort bhai

Carry On whole jat community i with u dear.
    really appreciated.

Thumbs up keep it up

i really feel happy to see the efforts of our jaat brothers for upliftment of people of remote village. i am with u.
    "Life is what we make it, not what we take it."

Thumbs up Good And Commendable Work Gulia, Tokas and other Bhai

Dil GAD GAD ho gaya, yun kaho kae ankhoon maine panee aa gaya.

Tum akalae nahin hai bhai, hum bhee tumharae saath hai...... Keep UP the good work.

Regards,

Gagan Rana

Thumbs up good going

my best wishes to jan jagrti team......keep it p
    I dont have personality,i am mere statistics.I used to be "downtoearth". Now this is my present name. Do i possess a name, a face ,an individuality ?:rolleyes:

Dear Friends,
    Our activities/classes have been going well.
    Yesterday a few girls told me that they never have any function/celebration in their school and they were keen on having something on 26th jan. I met the principal who allowed us to organize something on 25th since the school staff was not prepared to come on 26th. Tomorrow we will have the students prepare some patriotic songs and will organise some poetry recitation and a small flag hoisting/marching. I, there after met our respected nanaji and asked him to arrange to distribute sweets in the school kids that day from village funds only. Have already arranged an Indian flag with a pole and will distribute small paper flags to the kids.
    It is only a school function involving kids, staff and JJ members. No outside crowd/vip has been invited. I would request all JJ people willing to come to contact me on 9810245996 or come directly to the govt girls school at 9.30 am on 25th Jan, Friday.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia
    for Team JJ

Name:	Arvind1.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	1926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	class8th.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	1927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	govtboysschool.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	1928   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karan1.JPG 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	1929  

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Smile

Dear Friends,
    We celebrated the republic day on 25th in the govt girls school. A number of girls sang songs and read poems. They were all very enthusiastic.
    I really enjoyed making them practice the group songs and singing with them. Am attaching 2 pics of the event.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

Name:	DCP02350.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	1949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP02355.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	1950  

its really a great work Navin I really appreciate the kind of effort you people are putting. I am keen to join you and strenthen your efforts.
    -Virender M.

Login to view details.
    Dear all,

We all have made good efforts by making good start, but that itself is not enough. As the organisation grows, its needs also grows with it, and , it is a chicken and egg situation i.e the organisation can not grow unless its needs are met. I will briefly state where we are at this point of time :-

1. - A new- look website is functional now
    2. - We have around 15 active and 20 need-based-active and around 50 dormant members.
    3. - Our pilot project at barhana is doing well, but still a lot needs to be done before we start emulating it elsewhere
    4. - Funds of around 1 lakh has been colelcted and spent in various activities.
    5. - funds of around 4 lakh has been promised
    6. - Karan has been staying in the village for 6/7 months, now, and doing very well
    7. -Computers and library has been promised and some progress has been made

Now what needs to done at this point to accelerate the work is :-
    1. [*]- We need to hire a proffesional guy to handle all our accounts, ideally a member of JJ who can work as part time will be ideal for the job. May be we train a guy from the village under him and gradually put entire process under him
    2. - interested members are requested to visit website and send their suggestion
    3. - Fundraising of around 10 lacs should be targetted by end of jul 07
    4. - acclerate all work like library, computers rooms, and hirirng of teachers/ members here for counselling and guidance
    5. - institute montly/quarterly meeting with all interested members and evolve a long term and short term strategy etc.

Suggestions and volunteers are required for the above mentioned observations . Please visit www.janjagriti.com and the comments can also be send there.

Regards,
    Ramesh

Hi Ramesh

I can do the accounting free of cost if you dont mind a long distance accountant......

are you looking for somebody who can prepare balance sheets for you or somebody who actually disburses funds?

I think we shouldn't get into what is the government's responsibility i.e. hiring of teachers....whatever teachers are already there should be made more accountable and jan jagriti people volunteering there can supplement that.

Our aim should be to make current systems more efficient rather than replacing them with our own....because it will be very hard to sustain it otherwise......it will get us into infrastructure building which is a little tough to achieve only through contributions....and I do not know where it would lead us....

Just some thoughts and concerns, looking forward to other people's suggestions...

Regards
    Priti

Quote Originally Posted by rameshlakra View Post
    Dear all,

We all have made good efforts by making good start, but that itself is not enough. As the organisation grows, its needs also grows with it, and , it is a chicken and egg situation i.e the organisation can not grow unless its needs are met. I will briefly state where we are at this point of time :-

1. - A new- look website is functional now
    2. - We have around 15 active and 20 need-based-active and around 50 dormant members.
    3. - Our pilot project at barhana is doing well, but still a lot needs to be done before we start emulating it elsewhere
    4. - Funds of around 1 lakh has been colelcted and spent in various activities.
    5. - funds of around 4 lakh has been promised
    6. - Karan has been staying in the village for 6/7 months, now, and doing very well
    7. -Computers and library has been promised and some progress has been made

Now what needs to done at this point to accelerate the work is :-

1. [*]- We need to hire a proffesional guy to handle all our accounts, ideally a member of JJ who can work as part time will be ideal for the job. May be we train a guy from the village under him and gradually put entire process under him
    2. - interested members are requested to visit website and send their suggestion
    3. - Fundraising of around 10 lacs should be targetted by end of jul 07
    4. - acclerate all work like library, computers rooms, and hirirng of teachers/ members here for counselling and guidance
    5. - institute montly/quarterly meeting with all interested members and evolve a long term and short term strategy etc.

Suggestions and volunteers are required for the above mentioned observations . Please visit www.janjagriti.com and the comments can also be send there.

Regards,
    Ramesh

Login to view details.
    Hi Priti,
    The reason why i suggested to hire an accountant is that when i met Navin bhai, i found him too much distracted with day today hassles of maintaining an account and putting all bills together. So i suggested may be we have somebody who does all accounting, maintains a sheets of contributors and balance sheet on the website etc + he can be used for running around. Navin, khusi and some more volunteers have been going to village almost on daily basis and the above mentioned activities have been consuming their valuable time. So, i think a local guy can start doing all these things+ he can send all this for auditing to u.

Hiring a teacher for English alone is must and has been discussed with all other members during various visits ( collecting funds for this is not a problem)

like u have said, for other subjects the volunteers are going on week days and weekends.

We are planning to have a meeting this month, to discuss these issues and future endeavours.

Members here are requested to contribute.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by priti View Post
    Hi Ramesh

I can do the accounting free of cost if you dont mind a long distance accountant......

are you looking for somebody who can prepare balance sheets for you or somebody who actually disburses funds?

I think we shouldn't get into what is the government's responsibility i.e. hiring of teachers....whatever teachers are already there should be made more accountable and jan jagriti people volunteering there can supplement that.

Our aim should be to make current systems more efficient rather than replacing them with our own....because it will be very hard to sustain it otherwise......it will get us into infrastructure building which is a little tough to achieve only through contributions....and I do not know where it would lead us....

Just some thoughts and concerns, looking forward to other people's suggestions...

Regards
    Priti