Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: "Jan Jagriti - An Awakening"

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    Navin, I wish to donate some stationary for our students....sorry this time it can't be CASH(may be later) so please tell me what is the stock situation and is there any specific item we need to purchase? I'm willing to spend an amount of Rs. 2,000/-
    Gud Sunita...
    I am sure this will encourage others as well to be a part of it.
    I would like to request others also to please come forward and be part of it.
    I am sure these small contributions would not make any difference to our pockets but these would surely make a difference in the life of those angels.
    Atleast now when you are sure that your hard earned money would not be wasted...please do think about it.
    I am sure its our interest and willingness which will take it ahead.

You're right Shashi....infact whenver i donate i think n convince my soul as if i didn't buy a pair of Jeans/Apparel....The first time i donated for Jan Jagriti was when i wanted to buy a GUESS Jeans for 10000/- and the sort of soul satisfaction i got after donation is inexplicable in WORDS or any way
    Quote Originally Posted by shashiverma View Post
    Gud Sunita...
    I am sure this will encourage others as well to be a part of it.
    I would like to request others also to please come forward and be part of it.
    I am sure these small contributions would not make any difference to our pockets but these would surely make a difference in the life of those angels.
    Atleast now when you are sure that your hard earned money would not be wasted...please do think about it.
    I am sure its our interest and willingness which will take it ahead.
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Dear JJ team

I would request you to put up the requirements as stated above from time to time , so that members can plan to either donate the item or send the funds for things / stuff required, sometimes it has been observed that donating a physical material gives more satisfaction to an individual then parting away with cash.

This way we all would be aware of ground realities and the shortage at the site, and thus would be compelled to fulfill our social responsiblities.

rgds

sandesh

Bhai sandeshe,
    yo cheej hamesha demand mai e howain sain
    1. clorours and color pencils
    2. coloring books
    3. drawing sheets
    4. notebooks, writing material,
    5. learning toys, building blocks
    6. darees (rugs)
    7. books, story books all types, periodicals
    8. chalks, slates

ar bhaai ye thaasraan mai kit bagaa raakhyaa sai tuu. kitni bai kahi sai ghar aali tai mat ladyaa kar na tai nyuun e thaasraan mai, tude mai, gaal ai padyaa paawaiga.
    Last edited by navingulia; November 1st, 2007 at 11:52 AM.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post
    Bhai sandeshe,
    yo cheej hamesha demand mai e howain sain
    1. clorours and color pencils
    2. coloring books
    3. drawing sheets
    4. notebooks, writing material,
    5. learning toys, building blocks
    6. darees (rugs)
    7. books, story books all types, periodicals
    8. chalks, slates

ar bhaai ye thaasraan mai kit bagaa raakhyaa sai tuu. kitni bai kahi sai ghar aali tai mat ladyaa kar na tai nyuun e thaasraan mai, tude mai, gaal ai padyaa paawaiga.
    gud thing navin bhai .... will make a note of the same ...

hahhahaha sahi baat kahi navin bhai yaaa tude aali bhi ...... arrr nhu batao navin bhai ... kahin aaap innn thaasran nae misss tou nahi kar rahe .... banvao key mei bhi byooont saaa aapka ... suddha laamni karta paaave kaddey .. . hahahhaha:D

support from Bhai Amit Chillar

bhai sandeshe mera ke sai, mai tai kat liya kade ka

Friends,
    Bhai Amit Chhillar met me yesterday. He has promised a monthly 5000Rs for Jan Jagriti expences. and has also offered to help generate support, funds and resources for JJ.
    It is very kind, understanding and generous of him to support the JJ cause.
    Thanks

If JJ gets support this way, we will take JJ activities to every village.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

JJ meet

JJ meet will be organised in the Jan Jagriti Bhawan, village Barhana on 11th november at 10.30am.
    JJ activities will be discussed and planned. New visitors can see the JJ activities going on.
    Lunch will be at village only. We will disperse by 3pm

Barhana is 1 hr drive from delhi. (even within delhi we take more time). So coming to the village wont be difficult. Transport arrangements will be made for those who cant make it on their own and wish to attend. They can join with one or the other member going from ncr.

Please contact me on 9810245996 (for any information/assisstance.)
    everyone is invited
    roadmap to barhana attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barhana.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	2364  
    Last edited by navingulia; November 2nd, 2007 at 01:13 PM.

A token of thanks from me

Navin Bhai, It is heartening to know that Jan Jagriti is on the path of progress. I am donating a small contribution to Jan Jagriti. I have mailed a cheque for Rs. 5100 today. Hopefully, you would receive it by post early next week, before Diwali.

Best wishes for the success of this movement which is meant for a noble cause.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Dear All,

I had posted my thoughts on JJ on 28 Dec 2005. I am pasting them again for consideration by members.

"A good beginning and my congratulations to all those who were involved in this ice breaking and trend setting meet. The task is huge and there is no time to waste.

The key to a successful community development effort is to take everyone together without expecting anything in return. More often than not despondency sets in after a while and that is the biggest challenge. There are more reasons than one for such a stage to arrive and the foremost is having an AIM that is impractical. If the AIM is modest and targets the grass root problem, success is likely. Therefore, the aim must be well thought out and maintained at all times.

Nothing would happen till the times the villagers themselves are not convinced of the urgent need of ‘Education’ and ‘Being Equipped to Face the Challenges’. And they would be convinced only when the group wanting to make a difference is well equipped to make that difference. By being well equipped I mean that members should be able to devote time, energy, resources and money to achieve the chosen aim. It is a long haul and the results would take years. As time passes one would also realise that no amount of effort was enough and so much more could have been done. Therefore, it is important to chart out a well thought out ‘Rural Developmental Schedule’ so that it could be taken up elsewhere too as a ‘Model Project’.

I strongly believe that in order to make any progress on this front we need a group that visits the villages (better if one is from that area) and assesses the need. I can give out a few even without visiting a village: Clean drinking water, Sanitation, Primary education, English speaking, Primary health, Inoculation, Access to Markets for Agricultural Produce, Liquor, Drugs, Crime, Focus on Girl Child, Dowry, Village Politics, Alternate Energy Sources and Accountability of Panchayats.

Once the needs are assessed, the next step is to tackle them in their order of priority, as each area would have a different priority.

How to find the resources to best address each issue? Besides sincerity of purpose and will to make a difference, the most important factor that would decide the outcome of the effort would be FUNDS. However, I feel if we can all join hands even that should not be a major problem. I had given this suggestion in my village 25 years back and was laughed at but I was right because my suggestion meant sacrifices from those who had left the village for greener pastures. The suggestion is simple and I don’t mind repeating it here. Each person who has left his village and has a monthly income (Government, Private, Self-employed, Business, Thief, Dacoit, Smuggler etc etc) must make a monthly contribution in cash to a fund that should be controlled. There is no other way to do any of the above mentioned insurmountable tasks without a collective effort of this nature. If each person can contribute even 3 - 5% of his income for the betterment of his own village, we can succeed. Can we start doing so from 01 JAN 2006? No NEW YEAR RESOLUTION can be better than this? You would be surprised to know the amount of money that can be collected. Each village has at least 200, if not more, persons who are working. An average salary of Rs 20,000/- per month is taken for rough calculations. 200 people X Rs 20000 X 12 Months = Rs 4,80,00,000. And 3 - 5% of that is Rs 14,40,000/- & Rs24,00,000/- respectively (hope my calculation are right?). We can change the face of our villages in 10 years flat.

There is nothing to ponder but members may have a different view".

Regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

Taking que from Jaggu sir,i wish to say that it is not a simle job to do,specially in our villages where every selfless and kind deed is seen with a suspecious eye.Every one is a namberdaar and more than required wise.the foremost thing will be the sacrifice by some one to undertake a 24x7 responsibility on ground...has rto base himself/herself there in the village...to try impart QUALITY education to the young children......this is the only area which needs to be addressed...and rest of the things will take care of themselves.When the resolution is backed by undying efforts...people in the villages will toe the line and there after it will be very easy.But unfortunately what is being done is far from the reality and thats why inspite of best efforts of Navin bhai and others the desired results are eluding the organization.

More than the funds it is the relentless pursuit which is the call of the hour and unless that is addressed in right earnest,no significant results will be forthcoming.Not withstanding the above my committment to any good cause is always unquestionable.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post
    bhai sandeshe mera ke sai, mai tai kat liya kade ka

Friends,
    Bhai Amit Chhillar met me yesterday. He has promised a monthly 5000Rs for Jan Jagriti expences. and has also offered to help generate support, funds and resources for JJ.
    It is very kind, understanding and generous of him to support the JJ cause.
    Thanks

If JJ gets support this way, we will take JJ activities to every village.
    hahhaha navin bhai sabbat tae mei bhi kponya reh reheya ...

thats very gud ... nice to hear about amit's commitment and dedication. ..

navin bhai 11 ko to allready aek meet planned thi ... why are we keeping it on the same date ... just curious to know .. and also if i am right u had confirmed to be there as well ... just re work it if possible

Quote Originally Posted by trueblueindian View Post
    hahhaha navin bhai sabbat tae mei bhi kponya reh reheya ...

thats very gud ... nice to hear about amit's commitment and dedication. ..

navin bhai 11 ko to allready aek meet planned thi ... why are we keeping it on the same date ... just curious to know .. and also if i am right u had confirmed to be there as well ... just re work it if possible

That is the basic problem Sandesh.We are in a great hurry that we have scanty regards for each others.Anyways JJ meet will serve better purpose and hence in the larger community interest let Navin bhai carry on with the urgently,quitely and purposely planned JJ meet.However i will not be able to make it due to previously sheduled engagements.My best wishes for the JJ meet!God bless all!
    Last edited by devdahiya; November 3rd, 2007 at 08:02 PM.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya View Post
    That is the basic problem Sandesh.We are in a great hurry that we have scanty regards for each others.Anyways JJ meet will serve better purpose and hence in the larger community interest let Navin bhai carry on with the urgently,quitely and purposely planned JJ meet.However i will not be able to make it due to previously sheduled engagements.My best wishes for the JJ meet!God bless all!
    Dearest and Respected dev Sir, I have begged your forgiveness with folded hands for any unintentional hurt i have caused.

1. Can you say i have scanty regards for you or for that matter for any jatland member(junior or senior)?
    2. JJ core group was meeting for discussions(on 11th only) irrespective of the get togather. Any JJ core group member can confirm that.
    3. In your last post on 'get togather' thread you said "since things are not working out i will only invite shashi bebey and family for lunch/diner". After this me, khushi, manisha and vikas asked whether we were invited. You didnot reply for two days. So i offered people a choice to visit JJ in village. it is just an offer.
    Why is it being taken that i am doing something against you?
    In work, miscommunication can happen but i can assure you with my blood i never had and never can have wrong intentions against you or anyone else.

We are all children of the same soil. How can we be different. I will say, let us get together and set an example of unity to every one. After all, our karm and uddeshya is same - wellfare of rural area, and the motive should come first.

We have to fight this bigger battle together.

Come hail or snow, wind or fire, let us all meet on 11th.
    Dev Sir, this meet will be incomplete without you. Everyone wants you.
    Last edited by navingulia; November 5th, 2007 at 09:01 AM.

For the time being the following link can serve as a good intro to JJ
    those interested kindly have a look
    http://navingulia.com/jjintro.htm
    thanks

Navin....why pics of JJ meeting have been posted on a wrong thread? It was solely a JJ activity or was it a Get-Together? Had it been a Get-Together then i would have never bothered to be there. Can you post those contents on relevant thread please?
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Smile

Theek sai, theek sai, eeb daraawai mat naa.

e jiji JJ ki ke dharti bat gyi, theek sai
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1610.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	2386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1611.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	2387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1612.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	2388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1614.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	2389  

BLS Sir,
    It would have been great if you would have been present. Would have been a blessing.

Write up-

Sometime back I had put up an offer that since the JJ core group was intending to meet on 11th, we could meet at the JJ project at village. Despite the long ditance and time involved it was great that Shashi Verma, DN deshwal Sir, Bhai Amit Chillar, Ravi Godara (all the way from Jaipur) and JJ volunteers sunita, bharti, koyal, khusi and me were present. JJ employees in village Taqdir and geeta were also there.

Thanks to Khusi and mamiji for the food.

Bhai Amit narrated one joke ‘ek chhore ka pajaama paat rya tha. Dura chhora bolya – rai tera pajaama paat rya. Wo chhora bolya – yo itna saara kurta pajaama sim rya wo tai deekhya nahin, yo paatya od badaa deekh gya.’

Chutkala chhota sa thaa, par seekh badi thi.

In process of our discussions we tried to look at the ‘simya od/stitched’ part of jan jagriti and the ‘paatya od/torn’ part also.

to be continued--

Smile

Running a social work is not lip service. Vikas, Sunita, Bharti, jitender, taqdir, geeta me and khushi have been slogging it out on ground. Taking time and efforts to visit and move the mud has got us where we are, where we have a full set-up place for JJ. Whether it was whitewashing, electrical fitting, carpentry, buying books, darees, blackboards, furniture and all stuff and taking it there, conducting classes, dealing with local issues. Thanks to these efforts, besides the regular classes we had taken at government schools, the classes at the JJ venue have been going on for over six months. This wouldn’t have been possible without some real and sincerely exhaustive efforts.
    JJ needs, moral and positive support much more than it would need funds.

“JJ jas always been open to suggestions, inputs and involvement” – not one instance can be quoted when JJ was not so.

JJ experience

Education in all its forms is the single factor/agenda that can improve the quality of life in the villages and give the children a fair chance for a bright future.
    Our observation in two lines
    1. Girls are sincere, eager and hard working because they are very disciplined. They only need academic help.
    2. Boys have been thoroughly pampered and spoilt by the parents (exceptions). They need to be motivated to work hard and the parents need to be advised to give them discipline.

There is not one child in the village who doesn’t want to learn english, science and maths. There is no child who doesn’t want to slog for a bright future. Only Thing – most of them don’t get any opportunity to do so. No one teaches them a word of english, science or maths.
    This is what JJ intends to provide them. So that tomorrow they can be bright and responsible citizens of a better India.

Visit to Village

Sunita, Bharti, Jitender, Navin and Khushi visited village talked to the kids, planned the events for 26th and met the principal of girls school. We were all enthused to meet such a sincere and motivated and encouraging person.

He will be an asset for our efforts in the school and village.

We will be organising a small event with a few activities on the 26th January at the govt school, Barhana.

Anyone who wishes to ontribute in any positive way to the activities of JJ is welcome.

Thanks every one.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    I wish JJ all the best in their super efforts for the social cause.

I also assure of being a part of it some time from now .

With all modesty i cn only say that it is not easy to be in such a scenario , u people are doing a marvellous contribution back to the society , just always keep looking ahead ! IT is the basic nature of today's society to block the good work , so obstacles will come ! Dont look at them !

My sincere regards