Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: "Jan Jagriti - An Awakening"

Thats great news Navin bhai... Keep us updated for future endeavours... and take care of health too!!!

-Vinod

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia
    Dear Friends,
    Ramesh bhai, Shailendra bhai and professor Kadyan were able to motivate the young boys present with their long and patient interaction. (I was a little unwell so I did not take an active part) We analysed the feasibility of holding the classes. In addition to the points Ramesh bhai has put up.
    1. A blackboard, note books and pens are a must for the classes. Khushi is already working on the lesson plans for these classes.
    2. I am very keen on ‘interest generating’ in the kids. My motive is that the kids should love to come to the classes. I am thinking of screening some documentary/educational films in the hall at Sidhanti Bhawan. For the time being I intend to carry my desktop for the class but later on I plan to have a computer there itself for the purpose of showing interesting presentations to the kids, i.e. it will serve as an audio-visual aide.
    3. The classes will have to be in 3 categories a) smaller children (upto 12yrs) b) Elder boys c) Elder girls.
    4. All members are requested to contribute magazines and books for bringing up the library where children can have reading material. We all have so many old books and magazines lying with us which we no longer use. These can help bring up a library/reading room. You can send this stuff to my address Hno. 213, Sec – 14, Gurgaon – 122001, Haryana. If you live around Delhi, I don’t mind collecting it from your place. Besides your own stuff, you can collect from friends around as well.
    5. I carried the goal posts for the new handball court (money contributed by Vireshwar Sir) that has been prepared. Coming Saturday, I intend to go there and arrange to organize 2 hours of sports everyday. The sports stuff will be brought to the playing fields (cricket pitch has been setup, bringing up volleyball courts also) everyday and the boys and girls can play a game of their choise.

Thanks and Regards to every one
    Navin Gulia
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Navin and Ramesh have already written everything!
    English tutor, a computer and a small library are a must for the time being!
    I can understand their (student’s) interest in having ‘sarkari naukari’ - after being in sports (that too being in Hand Ball games only!) and done their +2.

I was very much delighted by the presence of Prof. Jagbir Singh Kadyan and his family! A humble request was made to him and he was present there from his busy schedule (that’s the spirit Prof. Sahab!). Our very own Sumit Pawar was also with us (young gun and root-cause for all these happenings!).

To be frank, I may not be as educated as like you people, but dear Navin, Ramesh and others, you all will always find myself behind you, when needed!

Keep on this good work for our/backward community!

I will definitely post the pics available with me!

Thanks to one and all from JJ!!

Quote Originally Posted by priti
    Dear Navin, Ramesh and Shailendra

I spoke to a friend of mine who works in SRUTI, which is an organisation that works with and for the already active social workers in villages and remote areas all around India.
    Also, an outside eye is more objective and solution oriented. Anyway, I leave it upto you. Maybe one idea could be that if you find time to speak to this friend of mine and see how this organisation can be of some benefit to the jan jagriti work.

Best wishes
    Priti
    Dear Priti,

Please let us in contact with the SRUTI people. Maybe, we can find a great help in them for our future endeavors!

I am in constant touch with Bhupender Ahlawat as well!

Thanks!

PS: So, Priti, you are ‘back to your business’ after some promises dear

Quote Originally Posted by positivelook
    Shailender Bhai as i asked u b4 also that r u guys going to register the Jat Jagriti or not.

Abhimanyu Phougat
    Dear Abhimanyu,

We are surely in the process of registering the same!

Only the thing is – we (or maybe, myself!) are trying to please everyone in the process, but without success (it has already been 4-5 months now - since we planned to register it!)!!

One more thing getting us delayed now is using ‘Jat’ or ‘Jan’ in the title?

Although, both are fine with me!

Hope to do the same in the coming month!

Love and regards!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Shailender bhai

Actually i was curious to know abt this cos that we are planning to conduct the national Rural convention in oct. 2006 and i am feeling that we can conduct under the Jan jagriti if it get registered up to the time which will solve our lot of problems like getting any permission from the govt. We are planning to get most of the well educated and responsible persons from our rural areas in this convention and my plans are to add maximum Sarpanchas in this convention. This will really help us in achieving our motto. Well so when the work for registration will be done lets us know and then we can go ahead with all the processings.
    Together we can really create the difference. Well done for last sunday visit.

Abhimanyu Phougat

Dear Shailendra Bhai, it was your enthusiasm that inspired me to jump in.
    As for work, pleasing every one is not possible. The work will suffer. We can just go ahead with the work. 'Jan Jagriti' has a better appeal in villages so we can decide on it straight away. After all it is more important to take the work forward.
    Shailendra bhai, whatever is the need/requirement regarding the registration of Jan Jagriti, please put it up here so that we can do the required.
    If some funds need to be contributed towards registration and to begin, we should contribute it. Since you are doing all the work on registration, you will have to guide us on that.
    We will soon have a page for 'Jan Jagriti' where we will post pics and details of events and activities as also the details of fund collected and spent for maintaining transparency.

Warm Regards
    Navin Gulia

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Login to view details.

Thumbs up

Dear friends,

Mr. Nitin Dahiya has kindly consented to extend all the help needed to set up an interactive discussion here on jatland as the NGO wing of the jatland and to start with the following link is set up( some of u may find difficuty accessing it and it will be refined as we go along). He along with some more people have also agreed to support it financially as the tutor/ libarary needs urgent attention.

http://www.jatland.com/home/Jan_Jagriti

Navin bhai we can take up the English tutor immediately and can work on shorlisting candidate for that and simillarly enrolment of the students.

Regards,

Its wonderful of Nitin Bhai to have extended his full support to the cause.
    The 'Jan Jagriti' page will take a few days to take shape. It would have the latest on events and plans.
    As for the classes to begin, i was keen to have a small event to begin with. Something that can attract the children to come. Thats why i was thinking of screening a documentary/film that can awe inspire them.
    Yes, I will talk to them today itself for recruiting the tutor. I think for a salary of 3,000 we can find a good tutor, who can spare 4-5hrs on all sundays and gazzeted holidays.
    I think we should start the proper classes from next weekend and in the meantime we can work on in to make it a good start. In the meantime we can work on putting everything in place i.e black board, stationary, library, tutor and maybe a desktop too.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Dear Shailendra

I did send the contact info to Navin and Ramesh. I will send it to you too. Hope your association with them is fruitful. I have already explained our initiative to the contact person there. I am sorry I have not been as active (its hard to be away and active) but I regularly visit the thread and keep updated with the latest. I am genuienly very happy that things are going so well.

Best wishes
    Priti

P.S.: I think Bhupinder is a very 'junooni' person and if he sets his mind to things he can bring some change. Would you have his contact info. (email)?

Quote Originally Posted by stokas
    Dear Priti,

Please let us in contact with the SRUTI people. Maybe, we can find a great help in them for our future endeavors!

I am in constant touch with Bhupender Ahlawat as well!

Thanks!

PS: So, Priti, you are ‘back to your business’ after some promises dear

Dear Navin

Great work again! Although its a bit away in future, please count me in for any work in the last week of april (i will be in India). Thanks Nitin for the separate webpage.

Best wishes
    Priti

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia
    Its wonderful of Nitin Bhai to have extended his full support to the cause.
    The 'Jan Jagriti' page will take a few days to take shape. It would have the latest on events and plans.
    As for the classes to begin, i was keen to have a small event to begin with. Something that can attract the children to come. Thats why i was thinking of screening a documentary/film that can awe inspire them.
    Yes, I will talk to them today itself for recruiting the tutor. I think for a salary of 3,000 we can find a good tutor, who can spare 4-5hrs on all sundays and gazzeted holidays.
    I think we should start the proper classes from next weekend and in the meantime we can work on in to make it a good start. In the meantime we can work on putting everything in place i.e black board, stationary, library, tutor and maybe a desktop too.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

Workshops Contribution

Hi!!! TO ALL

U people are doing a wonderful job and I got impressed of this. With humble request I have to say that I also want to contribute my services for Jan-Jagriti. I am working in a NGO in Andman & Nicobar Islands as a Teacher Trainer. I am coming on 5th March in Delhi for 15 days holidays. If U people need i can conduct a workshop for students, which will include various playful activities with intersting and motivational talks.
    This kind of workshop will create interest in studies and also help them to know themselves better.
    WAITING 4 UR REPLY.
    With Wishes & Regards,
    LOKESH PAWAR
    Last edited by lokeshpawar; February 16th, 2006 at 09:59 AM.

Login to view details.

Thumbs up hi

hi lokesh,
    First of all nice to know that u r doing so well for ur self and it will be a pleasure and honour to have u there.I think jan jagriti will gain immensely from ur experience. If u can add ur availablity in the calendar above that would help us plan out a maximum participation from the other end.
    Would be delighted to see u.
    ragards,

Quote Originally Posted by rameshlakra
    hi lokesh,
    First of all nice to know that u r doing so well for ur self and it will be a pleasure and honour to have u there.I think jan jagriti will gain immensely from ur experience. If u can add ur availablity in the calendar above that would help us plan out a maximum participation from the other end.
    Would be delighted to see u.
    ragards,
    Hi!!! Rakesh.
    Thanx 4 the reply & for the complement.
    Rakesh i will be in delhi from 05-21 Mar 2006. In between these dates you just fix any date. I'll be available there.
    What i am worried about is that most of the schools conducts their exams in March.
    Regards & Wishes.
    LOKESH.

Login to view details.
    Dear Lokesh,

Keep both 12th and 15th or either of the two dates free. Shall contact u with detailed programme of these dates. Kindly suggest what logistics u want.

Regards,
    ramesh

Quote Originally Posted by rameshlakra
    Dear Lokesh,

Keep both 12th and 15th or either of the two dates free. Shall contact u with detailed programme of these dates. Kindly suggest what logistics u want.

Regards,
    ramesh
    Dear Ramesh.
    Both the dates are fine to my schedule. I will be there.
    logistically I need a hall or a open space which is out of any noise pollution and some paper sheets and pencils. Let me know ur detailed plans that will be reallly helpful for me to design the workshop.

Wishes & Regards,
    LOKESH.

Dear Lokesh,
    Welcome aboard. We would be able to gain from your experience.

Dear Everyone,
    Now to hit the nail on the head.
    1. We need to create enthusiasm and excitement in children as well as their parents otherwise they wont come for extra classes on sunday. There has to be some amount of campaigning. Also, i am interested to have an event and screen some documentary and powerpoint presentation for the kids.
    2. We need to discipline and organise ourselves well otherwise it will be easy to demotivate the kids. We have to do some real homework before we begin. Once our plan is in place we will ve better results.
    3. To begin with, library books can be contributed by every one. But the immediate requirement is blackboard, notebooks and pens (100), and I am very keen on a desktop with 3-4hr battery backup (25,000 approx.)

I want everyone's suggestions and inputs on :-
    1. Enthusiasm generating in kids - activities.
    2. Please contribute old books(anything informative/interesting) and magazines.
    3. Funds? We can maintain total transparency here by posting details of funds recieved and spent on the 'Jan Jagriti' Page. Raising funds is a difficult question. Some suggestions.
    a) Lt Col Malik Sir had once suggested that if every one agrees to contribute 1% or 2% of his salary every month we can have enough funds. It was a very good suggestion.
    b) I suggest that if we have even 50 active members here and if they agree to contribute 500Rs once in three months even, we will have Rs 25,000 per 3 months, enough for our current set of activities.
    c) May be some of us might be rich enough to contribute the entire sum but I feel it has to be group community effort to gain required significance.
    d) I am also strictly for minimum funds till the time our activities grow and also till the time we can prove ourselves on ground.
    The above was my opinion solely. Please give your inputs.
    Warm Regards
    Navin Gulia
    I would also request all members to regularly give your inputs.
    We have to do it together.
    Last edited by navingulia; February 17th, 2006 at 12:52 PM.

hi all
    being very new to jatland, i don't know much about the activities carried on by our members. i was just going through the threads n found this one....of my major intrest, for sure.
    here i just want to inform u all that i am available for any type of contribution , let it be money, time or services..., for this nice attempt.
    Presently, i am in Hyderabad n i will be coming to my native land (jhajjar) on 23rd Feb...will remain there upto 5th march.
    u can call +91-9849654974, i am available with all my heart.

hi

Hii!!! ANIL
    Welcome to Jatland.
    Last edited by lokeshpawar; February 20th, 2006 at 02:18 PM.

Hi!!! To all the readers,

I want to know what is the mission & vision of of Jan jagriti. If not than there is the urgent need of brain storming among us. Because without aims & objectives it is 4 sure that hum apna raasta bhatak jayenge.
    Also i want to know is that how we are going to tackle monetary issue related to jan jagriti. Obvisiouisly at this moment few small individual contributions will help us to carry our small activities, magar kya yeh sab lambe samya tak chaal payega. I mean to say is, if we have to spread our activities and carry some big projects than we cannot rely on small contributions for long, aur practically sochen to koi kitne baar contiribute karega kabhi na kabhi to hamko na sunne padege na , hallath bilkul wase hee baan sakten hain jase ki ek khadi gaadi ko suroo mein, josh mein dhaka lagane toh log aa jaten hain magar 3-4 daken mein gaadi start na ho to log hatash ho kar side hone lagaten hain. Dekhiye mein Jan Jagriti ko koi khadi gaadi nahin keh raha hoon, main sirf hallath ko visualise kar raha hoon.
    Why dont we plan accordingly, I mean to say is yes, we should strive to get individual donations but side by side we should also strive to get big donations both be in the terms of money and infrastructure. For this we can get in touch with rich individual donars ( indians & foreigners), corporates, funding agencies and politicians both from hariyana and delhi. Deepender hooda can help us to find donators. This is for sure that if we have to work and bring some changes we need work extensively both in the terms of activities and area and for this we will require full time paid workers, an office, equipments probably vehical and many more infrastructure items and over above their running cost. for this we need ot manage lot of funds. wwhy not to start it from today.
    Agar hamko sahi maiyne mein badlaav lana hai toh hamko bahoot kaam karna hog aur bahoot kaam karne se jyada bahoot sochna aur visualise karna hoga.

This was mere a visualisation from my side.
    All the best to Jan Jagriti.
    Want to hear more from ur side on this aspect.
    Regards,
    LOKESH.

Last edited by lokeshpawar; February 20th, 2006 at 01:11 PM.

Dear Lokesh,
    The points you have brought up are right.
    1. Vision – over our meetings in the past and the discussions we had, we decided that the best we can do is to try and improve the quality of education and to encourage sports and we decided to work in this direction. We will definitely try to address other issues when a need arises.
    2. We are in the process of getting registered as an NGO but that will take a little time and we have in the meantime started our small activities.
    3. Governments at times start projects worth hundreds of crores but in this upward-down process nothing reaches the down part and gets lost in the process. I am therefore of the opinion that we should work downward-up, which will mean that we will actually be able to initiate changes where they are needed.
    4. I, in my personal opinion, believe in working at the lowermost level. i.e. the villages, because that is where the change is needed.
    5. We have begun and need to keep working consistently to bring results. We need to have a team on ground which can give its time for the work and a team on net (people all over the world) who can give their inputs to the cause. But yes, people need to be very consistant in contributing their thoughts.
    Best Wishes
    Navin Gulia