Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: "Jan Jagriti - An Awakening"

sunita, you did the right thing by posting it here because this is a community effort only and every one's contribution in terms of efforts or resources always motivates others as well.
    Also, It will always be better to mention such contributions because that will also help maintain transparency which is very important.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda
    HI Lokesh,
    Thanks for the appreciation but seriously i havn't done it to impress anyone rather i always like to do secret donation and after writing this here in the thread i thought that i have publicized it and i was upset with myself and i could talk to Khushi and tell her on phone. Thanks again.

Regards,

Sunita
    Hi!!!

I am impressed not just because u publicized but the way u came forward both for the physical and monetary contribution. Your small contribution shows ur trust and faith on our Jan jagriti. Probably will motivate others to do so.
    Aree baba u did the great job, no need to feel upset. Infact, feel proud.

Smiles & Regards,

Lokesh

Sunita, welcome to the group and all the best with the work. I hope it gives you as much satisfaction too.

Navin, how about involving the children and the youth themselves to perform street plays in their village. If they perform, then other villagers cannot outrightly reject the messages given through the plays. I know it'll be tough to persuade some, but once they see that its fun, I'm sure others would join in too!

Another thing which came to my mind was painting competititions (i'm sure together we can provide sheets, colours and other stuff required) where certains themes (like ideal village, future life, my home in ten years etc) are given to the children to paint. This will not only force them to think above their present lives but also give us a lot of information on what the children have on their minds. One key here would be not to give them hints- just the topics.

You could also have cooking competition for boys (it'll be so much fun for them believe me...they wouldn't stop giggling) and football match for girls...this sort of gives them an impression that there no things like gender in terms of what work you do! Maybe some of our boys might turn out to be chefs! Just an idea...people dont bash me for this role reversal thing...

Also, on tangent, it came to my mind that to encourage academic excellence, the class which does the best (collectively not individual students) starting this year, could be taken for day-trip picnic to places like Appu ghar and fun&food (i'm a bit outdated on this...maybe there are better picnic places now) or even 2/3 day trips to outstations. This will encourage teamwork and will work better than individual awards or prizes.

Priti

Thumbs up

Dear Friends,
    My return from Chennai was delayed by a day therefore I am sending this weekly mail a day late.
    1. We (Lokesh, Shekhar, Abhishek, myself and Khushi) were able to have a small meeting and interaction in Chennai. It was very encouraging (the energy and enthusiasm always adds up) and we were able to share and discuss a lot of ideas. A few points, as I remember, were-
    a) Need of having a mission/vision statement- it will be necessary when we want to approach any organization/ngo/govt agency/individual for support/cooperation..
    b) Need of having a page to display Jan Jagriti – the activities, plans, messages, contributions and their use.
    c) Need for unity of efforts.
    2. My chennai experience was very enlightening because I was able to meet so many individuals from different organizations/ngo’s. There was Mr Umashankar Pandey from Banda in UP. He runs a free residential school for handicapped students where 72 students stay and study. He accepts donations only in kind and not in cash. A very good idea for us too. (it would be amazing to know that he collected funds to begin the school by collecting newspapers/books/clothes and auctioning them and also by making and selling paper packets)
    3. Priti, your idea to involve the school children/youth themselves in conducting street/stage plays is wonderful. Also, the one regarding holding painting/essay writing competitions to make children dream about their future is again wonderful.
    4. From my side, I feel that we should try to involve the local people more and more for better results. Our number on the net is very restricted and we need to involve more and more people on ground.
    5. We plan to have a meeting at my place on coming Sunday, 12th Feb at 10 am. Everyone is invited. The agenda/points –
    a) Everyone is requested to bring old books/magazines for setting up the village library. It could be novels, magazines, periodicals, text books, story books, comics, anything. You could even collect from your close friends and bring. The point is that we will be encouraging the children to read and for that there should be reading material.
    b) We will decide on making our mission/vision statement.
    c) We will plan out the classes we are planning to begin and also other activities.
    d) Any other issues? Please put up.
    6. After making preparation this Sunday, we will visit the village on next Sunday i.e. 19th March to begin the work.
    Warm Regards
    Navin Gulia

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

very good start

bhai gullia
    now times for unity,so keep it up may be you are one who gave air this kranti.
    are you comming on 12th march at sampla for veer jat smalen.
    Raj Narayan Panghal

Hello Navin

Thanks for the update. Its great that you are so active in meeting other people involved in the same area. It always helps and gives more meaning to one's work and other ideas which sometimes an isolated brain cannot think of.

In a similar vein, there was a recent post in Raj Rathee's thread on Gender and Education Equality. It airs same sentiment as yours that local people definitely need to be more involved in this work as they will be the one who will be given ownership of this work later on to make this project a sustainable one. He has some good points to refer:
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...t=10646&page=6

I think this thread has a lot of ideas (brainstorming) on a broader level and maybe of help.

Anyways, all the best for the upcoming meeting. In case you need any help in designing the vision/mission/scope etc, let me know, I'm good at editing and narrowing things down.

Best wishes to you and Khushi
    Priti

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia
    Dear Friends,
    My return from Chennai was delayed by a day therefore I am sending this weekly mail a day late.
    1. We (Lokesh, Shekhar, Abhishek, myself and Khushi) were able to have a small meeting and interaction in Chennai. It was very encouraging (the energy and enthusiasm always adds up) and we were able to share and discuss a lot of ideas. A few points, as I remember, were-
    a) Need of having a mission/vision statement- it will be necessary when we want to approach any organization/ngo/govt agency/individual for support/cooperation..
    b) Need of having a page to display Jan Jagriti – the activities, plans, messages, contributions and their use.
    c) Need for unity of efforts.
    2. My chennai experience was very enlightening because I was able to meet so many individuals from different organizations/ngo’s. There was Mr Umashankar Pandey from Banda in UP. He runs a free residential school for handicapped students where 72 students stay and study. He accepts donations only in kind and not in cash. A very good idea for us too. (it would be amazing to know that he collected funds to begin the school by collecting newspapers/books/clothes and auctioning them and also by making and selling paper packets)
    3. Priti, your idea to involve the school children/youth themselves in conducting street/stage plays is wonderful. Also, the one regarding holding painting/essay writing competitions to make children dream about their future is again wonderful.
    4. From my side, I feel that we should try to involve the local people more and more for better results. Our number on the net is very restricted and we need to involve more and more people on ground.
    5. We plan to have a meeting at my place on coming Sunday, 12th Feb at 10 am. Everyone is invited. The agenda/points –
    a) Everyone is requested to bring old books/magazines for setting up the village library. It could be novels, magazines, periodicals, text books, story books, comics, anything. You could even collect from your close friends and bring. The point is that we will be encouraging the children to read and for that there should be reading material.
    b) We will decide on making our mission/vision statement.
    c) We will plan out the classes we are planning to begin and also other activities.
    d) Any other issues? Please put up.
    6. After making preparation this Sunday, we will visit the village on next Sunday i.e. 19th March to begin the work.
    Warm Regards
    Navin Gulia

sunita, you did the right thing by posting it here because this is a community effort only and every one's contribution in terms of efforts or resources always motivates others as well.
    Also, It will always be better to mention such contributions because that will also help maintain transparency which is very important.
    Navin Bhai,

Keep up the good work...let us know your material requirements, Though I'm not in India but I will try to help in whatever way I can.

My Best wishes are with you.
    "Mine is a peaceful religion, I will kill you if you insult it"

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda
    HI Lokesh,
    Thanks for the appreciation but seriously i havn't done it to impress anyone rather i always like to do secret donation and after writing this here in the thread i thought that i have publicized it and i was upset with myself and i could talk to Khushi and tell her on phone. Thanks again.

Regards,

Sunita
    Sunitaji,

I'm a great believer in Gupt Daan but I agree with lokesh, at different times, someone needs to step up to set things in motion again.

Your response to the cause is inspiring so keep up the good work.
    Last edited by deepakchoudhry; March 9th, 2006 at 04:47 AM.
    "Mine is a peaceful religion, I will kill you if you insult it"

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

brother will bring my alot of books and try to go to daryaganj too to buy some nice books see ya on 12th

Lightbulb gr8 wrk

as all of us know this is a gr8 mission in process ,,but we should realise that this may our last chance in consideration of present status so we should try with a full impetus.my suggestions for this wud b

1. as for guys like me who r not near delhi but want to contribute sum channel should b available
    2. that could we remote guys creating funds in jat affluent areas
    3.for that we need to convice people--i.e-- some registerd offical pamphalets, especially newspaper 4 people who r not interfaced with internet
    4.people who contribute should get feedback of their contribution being utilised
    5.should go ahead and reach affluent people(v.imp)they might not b knowing this kinda thing exists
    6.a system foolproff and transparent from an monetary point
    7. people should b able see that the system is actually so..

these are my points,if of any use to the administrator..
    plz do comment.

enough of saying how gr8 this mission is now is time to b part of it

Bhai Vikas,
    Great, we need all the participation and support.
    I agree with the points stated by you. Only, it will take us a little while to get things at a higher level and establish the work.
    You and every one abroad or around the country are a part of it as far as the brainstorming and giving inputs is concerned. You can take some part on ground when you come on leave.
    Contribution of funds is an issue we are keeping on hold for a while till we decide its use and transparency issue.
    We are having a meeting tomorrow and will put the feedback here.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

Dear Navin Bhai and all active Jatlanders (including great photographer)

Great going, keep it up ! I eagerly wait for my next vaccation to be a part of the mission in person.
    Shubh Kamnao Sahit,

Gajesh Dhariwal (Ex Raist Ist Batch)

We were intending to meet up today to discuss the issues we were facing but no one turned up. How ever, I thought I will spend some time thinking and pondering over the issues.
    1. If this effort has to be here, it has to be a community effort in either of the two ways: -
    a) A group of people have to be members who contribute and work towards the given goal on a regular basis.
    b) Other people who cannot contribute efforts on a regular basis can be part of the efforts as and when they can. The details of the events and activities going on will be put up here so that people can take part as and when they have time.
    2. Funds? A large number of members have volunteered to contribute an amount which definitely can help start the things and is definitely needed. But if it is to be sustained as a group effort, it has to be a group effort. What I want to ask is – Is it possible to have 50 to 100 odd members who agree to contribute 100Rs every month towards this cause. My this thought was inspired by one Mr Sushil Kumar from Shimla who has formed a group of about 100 odd friends ‘ashadeep’ and by contributing 100Rs a month and by putting in some efforts they have been able to do so much good work around from cleanliness to tree planting, to helping handicapped to blood donation and so on. The point is to have 50 – 100 willing people. It can succeed only if it is a group effort.
    3. Also, there is no reason big enough to stop trying. We have to continue working on it. We will visit the village on coming Sunday, 19th March and take things forward.

I have tried to describe the purpose of this effort. Please give your suggestions about any changes needed.

Aim
    Through our efforts we intend to promote education and awareness in rural areas with a bigger aim of improving the quality of life in these areas.
    We sincerely believe that education and awareness, in the long run, is a remedy for all evils that are adversely affecting the existence and progress of our society, be it alcoholism, crime, discrimination against women/ weaker sections, poverty, female foeticide, apathy towards welfare of the society etc.
    We intend to carry out the following activities on a regular basis in pursuit of our above stated aim: -
    1. Classes cum activities for the village children on Sundays/Holidays to
    a) Encourage and promote their creativity
    b) Enhance and encourage their knowledge of language by teaching them and encouraging reading habits.
    c) Promoting computer literacy and awareness towards IT.
    d) Encouraging sports and games to help build a healthy mindset.
    2. Talk to/interact with the villagers to bring about awareness towards social issues. Organising street plays, using the public address system and individual interaction can be the activities involved.
    To bring about a sense of unity in the villagers so that they can work together for their own betterment and that of the village.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Thumbs up Steady contribution....

Dear Navin bhai,

Regarding contributing Rs 100 per month.
    Count me in that.

I have started a seperate thread for the volunteers to show their willingness at the thread mentioned below:-

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...1826#post81826
    Last edited by rameshlakra; March 16th, 2006 at 10:02 AM.

Dear Navin.....Count me as well in this 100Rs contribution effort....apart from that 5100/- which i'll handover to you most probably this weekend or sooner. But i would humbly request you and Khushi to buy the stationary yourself as i dont even have an idea of the requirement, hence, i request you to accept the cash and oblige me as i have complete trust on you and Khushi....One of my friends has also agreed to contribute 100Rs/month....I really appreciate this idea of contributing like this....in small amount....BINGO
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Thumbs up The Begining of Jan Jagriti

Dear Friends,
    The enthusiasm in all regarding taking the cause of Jan Jagriti ahead is really encouraging.
    As we have decided, we will try to have 100 members at least who are willing to be part of this effort. The members will have to contribute 100Rs per month towards Jan Jagriti. For the ease of transaction, members can choose to pay Rs600 for half year or Rs1200 for the whole year.
    The work of Jan Jagriti as a movement and as an effort has already started. In due course it will also get registered as an NGO. Even to get started as an NGO it will need funds. Our sincerity should be more focused on the cause. Yes, it will work towards being an NGO but being an NGO will not ensure its non-corrupt nature. That can be ensured only by the sincerity of the members involved. We will maintain an absolutely transparency on that.
    I have been working on the initial website to bring everybody related to Jan Jagriti on one platform. The link is http://geocities.com/jan_jagriti . Please visit the website and suggest. All the details of activities, plans, funds and their use will be on the website for every one to see. Any one can join us in any of the activities on ground at any time to be part of it.

Important – Let us put the funds issue aside for a little while more. Right now, I want the names and email ids of all those who want to be part of Jan Jagriti. Further information will be mailed to you once I have the list ready. Kindly send an email to jan_jagriti@yahoo.com to confirm being a part of Jan Jagriti (immediately).

Any querries what so ever, can also be emailed at the same id.
    Warm Regards and Best Wishes
    Navin Gulia
    navingulia@yahoo.com

Imp points and activity

Dear Friends,
    1. Great going, we already have 20 members who have confirmed to be part of Jan Jagriti effort. Definitely, a large number more will confirm soon.
    2. Activities –
    a) Coming Sunday the classes for students will be started, with an initial batch of 15-20 students. This batch would be for 10-12 yr old boys and girls (6th/7th std). In this class we will try to assess the reading, writing and speaking ability of kids through a friendly interaction.
    b) A blackboard, chalks, notebooks and pens, books for library will be carried with us. The kids can use this stuff only in classroom and wont be allowed to take things home.
    c) After the class from 3pm to 4.30pm, we will go to the games field and take part in and see the utilization of the kits already provided to them. We will also try to encourage more kids to come and play. We will start back at 6.30pm.
    3. Jan Jagriti – registration as NGO – Ramesh Lakra’s brother (who has his own NGO registered) will be meeting me soon to advise me on Jan Jagriti registration as NGO. But I have been given a picture that it will take atleast 5-6 months of paper work processing. We will continue working in that direction.
    4. Jan Jagriti - bank account- For Society account we will have to wait for registration. A trust account can be opened by providing some documents (which can be obtained with a little running around) but I checked with ICICI today and they said that a minimum amount of Rs 50, 000 is required to open the account.
    5. My suggestion (please advise)– Let us just continue with the work and paralelly keep working on NGO registration. Those who want to contribute right now can send the amount to me or Ramesh or Shailendra or Sunita or anybody on ground. Those who want to wait for registration can.
    6. Shailendra bhai has contributed 3000 towards purchase of books for library/stationary. Also, a new handball court with proper goal posts has been set up and the payment for the same (Rs 13,000) has been made by Mr Vireshwar Ahlawat sir, who belongs to same village Barhana but is settled in US now. Also, Abhishek bhai had already handed me Rs 1000 and some books. Above contributions have been mentioned on the website.

Please suggest and advise.
    Also, request other members to confirm joining the effort Jan Jagriti.
    Warm Regards to All
    Navin Gulia

The list of confirmations-
    Abhimanyu Phougat, Abhishek Rana, Anil Kadian, Anil Rana, Anuj Kumar, Dev Dahiya,
    Dinesh Malik, Gajesh Dhariwal, Khushi Gulia, Navin Gulia, Navin Kumar, Priti Shokeen, Ramesh Lakra, Sandeep Baliyan, Shailender Tokas, Shekhar Nehra,
    Sitaram Jakhar, Sumit Pawar, Sunita Hooda, Rupendera Sheoran

visit

Dear Friends,
    I missed out on this, but I will put this point up. I think the students/non-earning members/house wives need not pay the contribution. In fact the contribution shouldn’t be mandatory or within a fixed time frame. Members can contribute as and when they can.
    For the Sunday 26 March visit. The activity in the village is from 3pm to 6.30pm. Those who want to come can either directly reach sidhanti Bhawan or can tie up with me. From Gurgaon, we will be leaving at 1pm.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

Hi Navin

Good thinking on your part...but dont exclude phd students in foreign land , they earn enough to pay this much...thanks to exchange rates....

have a good time on sunday...

Regards
    Priti

Dear Friends,
    I missed out on this, but I will put this point up. I think the students/non-earning members/house wives need not pay the contribution. In fact the contribution shouldn’t be mandatory or within a fixed time frame. Members can contribute as and when they can.
    For the Sunday 26 March visit. The activity in the village is from 3pm to 6.30pm. Those who want to come can either directly reach sidhanti Bhawan or can tie up with me. From Gurgaon, we will be leaving at 1pm.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

Congratulationsss!!!

great effort..
    after seeing ur effort i too feel an urge to be a part of your team. please do et me know when do u plan such next visit. i am statined in Delhi. it willl indeed be a great pleasure if i and my husband are able to contribute even a percent in this beautiful and meaningful direction... my no. is 9873179289 thanks
    Make A mark...