Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: "Jan Jagriti - An Awakening"

Swaty ji, Thanks for the appreciation. You are welcome to join the effort called jan jagriti. Kindly send an email to jan_jagriti@yahoo.com
    Will also request you to visit the website http://geocities.com/jan_jagriti
    to know more about the activities and aim.
    We will be visiting on coming Sunday, 2nd April too and you are welcome to join us. Kindly feel free to call me at anytime 9213337996 or 9891577028.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Dear Friends,

1. We (Sunita, Shailender, Khushi and myself) had a successful visit to the village this Sunday, 26 March. We were able to start our first class with 20 students. The children were enthusiastic. The minus point – there were no girl students but we will bring them in soon.
    2. Sunita has contributed 5,100 towards jan jagriti and 600 towards the monthly contribution from her side.
    3. We will be going again coming Sunday, 2nd April. We will try to get a volunteer from the village to teach on days we are not able to go because of some reason.
    4. Shailender bhai will be putting up some photographs we clicked. Will also put up the same at the website.

5. The list of members, who have confirmed joining jan jagriti, is
    Abhimanyu Phougat,Abhishek Rana, Anil Kadian, Anil Rana, Anuj Kumar, Baljit, Dev Dahiya, Dinesh Malik, Gajesh Dhariwal, Jitender Mehta, Khushi Gulia, Navin Gulia, Navin Kumar, Priti Shokeen, Ramesh Lakra, Sampuran Singh, Sandeep Baliyan, Shailender Tokas, Shekhar Nehra, Sitaram Jakhar, Sumit Pawar, Sunita Hooda, Vijay Gahlawat, Vinod Kumar Sangwan.
    That makes it 24. If i have misses out a name kindly let me know.

Would request others, who want to join, to kindly confirm by sending an email to jan_jagriti@yahoo.com

Regards

Navin Gulia

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Photographs

Here are some photographs of our recent visit to Barhana village!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Group.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	1017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside_classroom.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	1018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Introduction.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	1019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	writing_on_board.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	1020  

Some more!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stationery_distribution.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	1021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Villagers_watching.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	1022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ourselves.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	1023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lighter_moments.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	1024  

Quote Originally Posted by stokas

Wonderful....keep it up! I wish i could be there with you all,making my contributions? God bless people associated with this mission.Navin& Shailendra.....Yor are simply inspiring!
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Great work guys. Keep it up. If we cud be helpful in anything plz lets know.

-vinod
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

nice to see some real action on ground. I am sure this movemnet will spread. Any Activity planned between 15th April to 13th May 2006?

Rajendra

Thumbs up

Great work ! well done!
    I wish to be with you all.
    Eager to see you all in October.
    जाट महान
    ----------
    बेगानों में वफ़ा की तलाश ना कर ‘साहिल’,
    तेरे तो अपने भी अक्सर बेवफा निकलते हैं l

Thumbs up

Tokas bhaisaab
    very nice pics!
    keep up the spirit!!
    kudos to all of u!!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by stokas
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Vision and Mission- Please Comment!

Hello Navin and all other members

Enclosed is a succinct vision and mission statement for Jan Jagriti. Kindly go through it and comment.

Best wishes
    Priti
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice Job Priti,
    My 2 cents

To make Haryana the most educated and progressive state in India and propagating the Haryanvi culture.
    (I modified the without loosing part.)

To realize our vision, the mission is to:

- Educate Haryana village youth
    - Promote gender equality in education (I think in education can be removed as we shuld do it in all aspects)
    - Instill confidence and humility regarding Haryanvi culture
    - Provide career guidance and opportunities
    - Make the youth responsible, aware and conscious citizens.

Regards,
    Anuj kadyan

I am happy that it's all started with high spirits. Pics speak it all. Congrats to the working group. I think we need more volenteers to come forward and give a helping hand to those who are already in business.

Navin
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

Quote Originally Posted by priti
    Hello Navin and all other members

Enclosed is a succinct vision and mission statement for Jan Jagriti. Kindly go through it and comment.

Best wishes
    Priti
    Just a question...Do we want to limit Jan-Jagriti to Haryana only? Or we'll have regional chapters as well.

I am asking this if in future Jan Jagriti wants to do something concrete in Rajasthan/Delhi/UP/Punjab villages, would we change the Vision and mission statement as well?
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

Thanks Anuj, I agree on both corrections....

I will wait for another day for responses and then send it to Navin for finalisation.

Quote Originally Posted by anuj_kadyan
    Nice Job Priti,
    My 2 cents

To make Haryana the most educated and progressive state in India and propagating the Haryanvi culture.
    (I modified the without loosing part.)

To realize our vision, the mission is to:

- Educate Haryana village youth
    - Promote gender equality in education (I think in education can be removed as we shuld do it in all aspects)
    - Instill confidence and humility regarding Haryanvi culture
    - Provide career guidance and opportunities
    - Make the youth responsible, aware and conscious citizens.

Regards,
    Anuj kadyan

Well, this could be discussed, i think it really depends on how the work is envisaged in future....i agree with you though that its better to keep it broad....but then too broad means less focussed....i guess geographical location inspires people to come forward....or we could have the name Jan Jagriti Haryana............

What do u say Navin?

Quote Originally Posted by itsnavin
    Just a question...Do we want to limit Jan-Jagriti to Haryana only? Or we'll have regional chapters as well.

I am asking this if in future Jan Jagriti wants to do something concrete in Rajasthan/Delhi/UP/Punjab villages, would we change the Vision and mission statement as well?

To start with I think we will just keep it as Jan Jagriti and the dsy we have a group from say Rajasthan coming forward we can then name them as Jan Jagriti Haryana..Delhi Raj et al.

And I think we can always change the mission statement a bit as our work expands and based on the learnings our priorities change.

To start with I think I agree with Priti that we need to be focussed

Regards,
    Anuj Kadyan

Thumbs up Vision/Mission as I see it.

Vision of Jan Jagriti
    To spread education and awareness in the villages so as to bring about a social change and to improve the quality of life by getting rid of the evils which adversely affect the existence and progress in these villages.

(Village Barhana is a pilot project and after a certain degree of success we can emulate the success in other JAT villages in Haryana, Rajasthan and UP. Our frontiers are not bound by state but by our cause. We can get the govt/administration involved to the extent we can in any of the states.)

Mission
    · To provide quality education to students in villages in order to put them at par with the students in the cities. It would involve the following.
    a) Scholarships for needy and deserving students.
    b) Classes and campaigns to promote English and IT.
    c) Career counseling and opportunities.
    · Promote gender equality in education
    · Promoting sports for youth to promote a healthy mindset.
    · Make the youth responsible, aware and conscious citizens.
    · To promote education and awareness among all age groups.
    · To remove the feeling of mutual hatred and to bring about a sense of unity for the common cause of the society.
    · To carry out drives and campaigns against evils like alcoholism, drugs, female foeticide etc.

Jan Jagriti has a commong cause - doing our bit to help in the development of Jat villages and society. Vill Barhana being a sort of pilot project. We are learning on ground with every visit and soon in near future we will be in a position to start paralell projects in other villages irrespective of state boundaries. Right now we just have to be focusse on the job at hand and being united to carry that out.
    Jan Jagriti is a begining, it has a long way to go, grow and develope as a movement.

Weekly visit -
    1. We had a successful visit this sunday (2nd april) too. Sunita took the class. Her enthusiasm and determination is inspiring. Great!
    2. I have written an email to Bhai Deepender for opening a computer center in the village. Awaiting his reply.
    3. The talk to the village is due. I am working on it.

Thumbs up

This is great news Navin. It'll be great achievement (for the time being) to start parallel project in other villages. All it needs is persistence of people associated with the jan jagriti.

Shailander, very nice pictures! hope you are well.

Sunita to chchuppi rustam nikali...well done sis, I'm pretty sure that you kept the students in line!

Great going...

Priti

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia
    Jan Jagriti has a commong cause - doing our bit to help in the development of Jat villages and society. Vill Barhana being a sort of pilot project. We are learning on ground with every visit and soon in near future we will be in a position to start paralell projects in other villages irrespective of state boundaries. Right now we just have to be focusse on the job at hand and being united to carry that out.
    Jan Jagriti is a begining, it has a long way to go, grow and develope as a movement.

Weekly visit -
    1. We had a successful visit this sunday (2nd april) too. Sunita took the class. Her enthusiasm and determination is inspiring. Great!
    2. I have written an email to Bhai Deepender for opening a computer center in the village. Awaiting his reply.
    3. The talk to the village is due. I am working on it.

Thumbs up

Thanks for appreciating me Priti....and yes i kept them in line....giggling and still in discipline and need not say.....I'm enjoying it and its best utilisation of my weekend....thanks to JaT Jagriti

Sunita to chchuppi rustam nikali...well done sis, I'm pretty sure that you kept the students in line!

Great going...

Priti[/quote]
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8