Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "Jan Jagriti - An Awakening"

Great job

Naveen Bhai and otehrs,

You guys are doing great work for our people. Keep it up .

Cheers,
    -Vijay

Smile pictures of village visit

the pictures of the visit can be seen at this link
    http://photos.yahoo.com/jatjagriti

Priti has sent some good pics from her camera. I liked the gosa and chulha pic very much. Now I know what priti was doing when she was missing. :-)

Please do have a look. They are a must see.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia
    Just a few related thoughts -
    1. We cant have perfect solutions, we can only have perfect sincerity. We should just intend to do some good work and if we are able to help 5 people and motivate 5 kids, we should be happy.
    2. It cannot be an overnight change. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
    3. We have to think about the ways in which we can contribute towards the cause. We should all have a minimum aim of helping atleast 5 people and motivating 5 kids.
    4. Funds will help and might be needed at times but the first thing needed is sincere action and sincere work. In my mind I am not worried/concerned about funds, I am only thinking of actions.
    5. What happened on 27th was an event. Now we will have activities.
    My course of action -
    a) I have decided to open an education cell in the village for providing guidance and help relating to education. The 9th and 11th std which dont have teachers, i and khushi will be going to teach them on few days and i will try to organise self-study for them and to advise them how to conduct self-study.
    b) I have decided to make a list of all un-employed youth in the village and to do all to get them employment/self-employment.
    c) I have decided to help the 5-6 physically challenged kids to get independent and do well under the other project ASFA (www.asfa.co.in)
    d) I will be visiting some schools in Jhajjar and some smaller villages soon.
    More than funds, we need volunteers, people who are willing to work on ground. Sabko saath leke chalna hai. Ekta mei shakti hai.

We shouldnot be critical and negative about things. We should believe in the goodness of people and their intentions. When we meet and interact with warmth and love it alwasy gets reciprocated. I have never run short of good people. When i need one, i find eight.
    I was returning that night and my car screen was covered with mud. I stopped at a house and asked the man siting there "Bhai ek dallu paani milega sheeshe pe daalne ke liye" and he said "paani se bhi patla kya hoga? aap aao, chaay paani, roti tuuk sab hai". The point is when we believe that people are nice we meet nice people and my belief in this philosophy is only strenghthened every day.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

Few thoughts for jat jagrti

navin ji we can make different cells in society like medical cell, educatoin cell, career guidance cell , computer cell, & most important is personallity development cell, medical cell, sports cell

And we can put duty of every cell on any sunday of every month go to and perform thier work .

And we can organise some competation like painting, singing and motivate students.

We have many teacher, doctor and other professional who can help us .

DEAR ALL MEMBER I PERSONALLY REQUEST TO COME FORWARD TAKE THIS START TO ITS DESTINATATION.

Well Done!!!

Congratulations to everyone involved in the organization of the event.

Navin, I didn’t see the names of the two Arjuna Awardees (Shakti Singh & Raj Kumar Sangwan) in the list of people who attended the function. I had passed on to you their cell phone numbers after talking to them; they both had agreed to attend. As I had written to you, they were both told that you would contact & inform them of the exact place and time of the meet. I was wondering whether you were able to do so.

Presence of these two Asian Champions/Olympians would have added to the star appeal and the stories of their journey from small Haryana towns to the Olympic arena would have inspired more than a few kids to follow in their footsteps.

Anyways, kudos once again for a job well done!!!

Best Wishes

Dear Kapoor Bhai,
    In your last mail to me you had said that you would be giving another call to RajKumar Sangwan around 25th and confirming with him and then i should give him a call inviting him. I wrote an email to you regarding this on 25th and 26th. I think it was a mixup with a little laziness on my part . I had already told a number of people there and they were expecting RajKumar ji there.
    Thanks for the wishes. The event was a success thanks to everyone's cooperation on Ground and all the support and encouragement received on the net from all over the globe. We never felt short of encouragement and that kept us going.
    In near future we can organise a sports event to involve a number of villages of an area and also we can aim at providing sports facilities to an entire area where there is absence of such facilities as of now.
    In village Barhana, a sport supported on such a small scale (they had only two wooden goal post and 2 handballs) has been able to produce national and international players. It is an example of what we can achieve if we work on this line. We wont need costly stadiums or luxurious facilities, we just need a little will to begin with.
    Kapoor bhai, I am looking forward to your advice and guidance on this.
    Warm Regards
    Navin Gulia

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Shailender bhaisaab, aapne to itni taarif kar di, ab khud ko us taarif ke laayak banane mei bahut mehnat lagegi.
    Dear All
    Frankly, when i attended my first jat meet, i was really impressed by bhai shailender's eagerness to work, it inspired me to do all i could.
    As I mentioned earlier, we have had an event, now is the tim e to begin activities. While events get us the attention, evetns need funds. Activities will need more investment of efforts and sincerity.
    Sunil bhai, your suggestions are right. Only, we will not and cannot start all things at once, we have to start from scratch and build on.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Thumbs up woods are thick and dark, many a miles to go before i sleep

Dear all,

When do we plan to do what we had promised to undertake. For the benefit of all this movement has to carry on and i think broad things asking for our attnetion are:

1) fullfill all our promises made and to take only that much what we can digest.

2)Ask for volunteers with a firm propasal to carry it out in systematic manner.

3) Spread it out to other villages after self sustained growth/volunteers at this village we adopted.

regards

ramesh

plans

Bhai Ramesh, valid point we have to start the work. I have already stated my plan, i am just waiting for schools to open in a few days. I am planning to teach the 9th and 11th class for 2months so that they dont miss their year. Paralelly i will work on other things as mentioned below.
    Now, do i have volunteers? for expanding this work.

My course of action -
    a) I have decided to open an education cell in the village for providing guidance and help relating to education. The 9th and 11th std which dont have teachers, i and khushi will be going to teach them on few days and i will try to organise self-study for them and to advise them how to conduct self-study.
    b) I have decided to make a list of all un-employed youth in the village and to do all to get them employment/self-employment.
    c) I have decided to help the 5-6 physically challenged kids to get independent and do well under the other project ASFA (www.asfa.co.in)
    d) I will be visiting some schools in Jhajjar and some smaller villages soon.
    More than funds, we need volunteers, people who are willing to work on ground. Sabko saath leke chalna hai. Ekta mei shakti hai.

dear respected Navin bhaisaab n fellow JatJagriti Members,
    salutations!
    its been proved that we all beleive in action here on Jatland & kudos to Navin Bhaisaab for inisitating sucha noble task, salutations to u

Although I missed it but I can feel how rocking this event wud been btw really ain't got words to describe u ppl's greatness, keep up the JAt spirit!

rock on
    Jit
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Good job guys!

internet is slow, keyboard is bad so message is short:-)

V.
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Login to view details.

Request to admins

First of all I would like to extend my congratulations to all concerned.

I would like to kindly request the powers to be to please pin this thread so that it is easily accessible at all times. Thanks and God bless.

Great job Navin. It might be worthwhile if a calander of activities can be prepared in advance and posted on Jatland. Many of us will try to join the future activities of the manch.

Rajendra

Quote Originally Posted by puneetsheoran
    First of all I would like to extend my congratulations to all concerned.

I would like to kindly request the powers to be to please pin this thread so that it is easily accessible at all times. Thanks and God bless.
    Done , the thread is a sticky now.

thanks

Thanks anu jee.
    we will now work out our future plans.

Great work!

Great work Navin, Ramesh and all others involved.

I've taken a note of the couple of points that you've mentioned for me to take note of....and let me tell you this - both your observations (that of school infrastructure and shortage of teaching staff) unfortunately are not limited to this particular village, but are pretty widespread in rural schools.

Education is one of my key focus areas as well and I am working overtime on various plans - at the moment have started involving a few NGOs and other non-gov groups in my efforts too - please feel free to drop in any time to meet-up perhaps we can add in our energies.

All the best in your endevours. This is a great start! congratulations.

Deepender Singh Hooda
    Last edited by deepender; January 6th, 2006 at 01:17 AM.

Dear Deepender,

It was nice to see your post and am pleased that you are following this all important thread! I hope Naveen Bhai and his group would have all the support from you.

Bhai 'Ladhaut, ka bhi dhyan rakhiyo!

Redards

Sateypal

Login to view details.

Thumbs up Thanks

Dear Deepender bhai,

It is very encouraging of u to have taken a note of our efforts in improving education and moral values amoungst our youths.

We promise you to take these initiatives to new heights, very soon, ofcourse with an eye on more participation from the site.Here, personally i do agree with views of sh Rajender Kalkunde to have a Calender of events made public so that people confirm their participation early.

You are very right when you say that all the villages today have simillar stories across the board and that exactly is the reason we are probably targeting the young people and their education and overall growth. So five years from now when a 6th class child becomes a lad with all the good intentions and self sufficiency, that is all that would make the difference to the villages with scores of such lads.Alas, it is easier said then done, and it would require tremendous amount of volunteers to organise themselves and spread the movement.

Accept my appreciations for having spared time for us. We would definately want to see you after carrying out some home-work.

regards,
    ramesh

Together we can make a difference.

Thanks Deepender Bhai for extending your support to this endeavour. I was myself thinking of contacting you but didnot kow your jatland id.
    As Reamesh rightly said, we will first do our homework, there are some things to discuss and decide.

1. If we plan to take our work forward with the volunteers we actually need to know who all are willing to give their time on a more regular basis.
    2. In improving quality of education, the need to promote english language is an urgency. Members should come with their advice/ideas/suggestions on this.
    3. Promotion of sports? We dont need costly stadiums/facilities. What we need is that there should be a small sports cell in the villages where some sports items are available for the children/youth. Sports keeps our youth away from illegal/immoral activities, it breeds a health mindset. Once the interest is generated the child himself takes the interest forward.

Anything done with a good intention will always have good results.

Thumbs up Great!

Thanks to Anu and Deepender – that’s the best you both could have done at the initial stage of this movement. These kind of moral supports could work like wonders for our community’s future! We hope for bigger favours in near future!

Quote Originally Posted by anurana
    Done , the thread is a sticky now.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepender
    I've taken a note of the couple of points that you've mentioned for me to take note of
    Dear Navin and Ramesh,

We couldn’t be successful without villager’s support and some dedicated volunteers from that area! That’s the most necessary aspect at this time. We have already asked the villagers for some vols and Navin could ask them - if they have short-listed some!!

As, Jagmohan Sir has written:once the needs are assessed, the next step is to tackle them in their order of priority, as each area would have a different priority. So, we shouldn’t work on several tasks all at once, juggling everything! But, it would be best to just focus on one thing at a time. We should do our best to stay focused and keep our attention centered on one thing at a time!We should also try to take things at a slower pace and not prefer to move quickly!

Distractions and interruptions could be frequent, so it could take extra energy to get things done.

Navin would keep updated about the latest developments and we do hope for a much bigger participation from other Jatland members (be it Tan, Man or Dhan)! We do also need some senior members for this great cause!

We met a young boy - Bhupender Ahlawat – during this visit and he is already working towards the noble cause of educating children of that area (through “Dayanand Smriti” Shaikshik Jagrukta Karyekram). He distributes printed material and books to school going children, free of cost! One book is helpful for ‘career guidance’ in Army, Navy, Air Force, JBT, B.Ed., LLB, NDA, CDS etc. We will try to make him a part of “JJ”!

Thanks to one and all!

Ram-Ram
    Last edited by stokas; January 6th, 2006 at 01:45 PM.

Kaash !

Navin Bhai,

Your efforts to keep everyone informed is commendable. Kaash hum bhi us event mein hote ! But sitting abroad, we are helpless. We can however pray that our efforts may be successful.