Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Jan Jagriti - An Awakening"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up "Jan Jagriti - An Awakening"

*** Name changed to Jan Jagriti ***

The begining of "Jat Jagriti- An Awakening"

Dear and Respected Everyone,
    My trust and faith in the community's goodwill and the society's goodwill is further strengthened today. The way everybody came together to make this event a successul begining, is motivating and inspiring. I had just visited the 5 schools to inform the principal's about this event and our plan s and all of them were present at the venue in full strength and with full support. People came forward volunteeriingly and selflessly to take on various responsibilities.
    A brief account of the day:-
    1. We gathered together at Bahadurgarh and at 11.30am headed for the village, where we were given a warm welcome with hot Tea.
    2. There after we were taken to Sidhanti Bhawan for meeting/discussion with the village elders and sarpanch. The important points brought out by village elders -
    a) The unavailability of any fund in the village to do any developement work despite the current government being in place for one year. I would like to bring this point in the kind notice of Bhai Dipender Hooda.
    b) Principal of the school - brought to our notice that very good students spoil their performance after 8th/9th grade in the absence of guidance. He also complained that the parents dont allow their children to be punished for mistakes and also that the parents dont allow to make the children do some community work.
    c) Vaid Jee, brought out the need for moral education and promotion of work culture in students.
    d) Our group members assured the people of support in improving quality of education and encouraging sports.
    3. There after we were taken for the much awaited Desi Lunch - bajre ki roti, saag, chane ke patte ki chatni, bathue a raayta, churma, chawal, daal, seet
    4. we went to the compound of govt girls school where the sports event were taking place. There was a huge crowd of children, young and the elderly too. The races for different age groups were con ducted. But the superhit run was that of the elderly (over 60yrs) an d it was too good, they could have competed with the 18yr olds and beaten them too.
    5. There after the handball match was conducted in which some national and international players took part. The prize distribution took place in which the prizes were given away by Bhai Shailender, Priti, Ramesh Lakra and myself.
    6. Ramesh gave a talk to the gathering telling them about the work we intend to do and also inpiring students to do well in their studies. I gave a small motivational talk to the children.

IMP:- I will request all members present to bring out their opinion an d feedback about what we all learnt from this event and what we should do in future to take this cause forward.
    I have lot of pending work today so right now i am not adding more. I will be writing more soon.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Very nice gesture. Keep it up Navin.......You are a special human being.

Indeed...JAT JAGRITI

Dear All,

(Dear Navin: I am posting my reply in this new thread)

A good beginning and my congratulations to all those who were involved in this ice breaking and trend setting meet. The task is huge and there is no time to waste.

The key to a successful community development effort is to take everyone together without expecting anything in return. More often than not despondency sets in after a while and that is the biggest challenge. There are more reasons than one for such a stage to arrive and the foremost is having an AIM that is impractical. If the AIM is modest and targets the grass root problem, success is likely. Therefore, the aim must be well thought out and maintained at all times.

Nothing would happen till the times the villagers themselves are not convinced of the urgent need of ‘Education’ and ‘Being Equipped to Face the Challenges’. And they would be convinced only when the group wanting to make a difference is well equipped to make that difference. By being well equipped I mean that members should be able to devote time, energy, resources and money to achieve the chosen aim. It is a long haul and the results would take years. As time passes one would also realise that no amount of effort was enough and so much more could have been done. Therefore, it is important to chart out a well thought out ‘Rural Developmental Schedule’ so that it could be taken up elsewhere too as a ‘Model Project’.

I strongly believe that in order to make any progress on this front we need a group that visits the villages (better if one is from that area) and assesses the need. I can give out a few even without visiting a village: Clean drinking water, Sanitation, Primary education, English speaking, Primary health, Inoculation, Access to Markets for Agricultural Produce, Liquor, Drugs, Crime, Focus on Girl Child, Dowry, Village Politics, Alternate Energy Sources and Accountability of Panchayats.

Once the needs are assessed, the next step is to tackle them in their order of priority, as each area would have a different priority.

How to find the resources to best address each issue? Besides sincerity of purpose and will to make a difference, the most important factor that would decide the outcome of the effort would be FUNDS. However, I feel if we can all join hands even that should not be a major problem. I had given this suggestion in my village 25 years back and was laughed at but I was right because my suggestion meant sacrifices from those who had left the village for greener pastures. The suggestion is simple and I don’t mind repeating it here. Each person who has left his village and has a monthly income (Government, Private, Self-employed, Business, Thief, Dacoit, Smuggler etc etc) must make a monthly contribution in cash to a fund that should be controlled. There is no other way to do any of the above mentioned insurmountable tasks without a collective effort of this nature. If each person can contribute even 3 - 5% of his income for the betterment of his own village, we can succeed. Can we start doing so from 01 JAN 2006? No NEW YEAR RESOLUTION can be better than this? You would be surprised to know the amount of money that can be collected. Each village has at least 200, if not more, persons who are working. An average salary of Rs 20,000/- per month is taken for rough calculations. 200 people X Rs 20000 X 12 Months = Rs 4,80,00,000. And 3 - 5% of that is Rs 14,40,000/- & Rs24,00,000/- respectively (hope my calculation are right?). We can change the face of our villages in 10 years flat.

There is nothing to ponder but members may have a different view.

Regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks Malik Sir, for the detailed suggestions. The plan for collecting funds is very good, the main setback to the plan will be that people will not trust the person who is holding the funds. People have lot of mistrust and we cannot blame them because this mistrust has come from the exploitation people have faced from their leaders and politicians for ages. We have to win the faith of the people and everyone with our sincere work.
    We have currently selected 2 areas of work as education and sports.
    Malik Sir, your blessings and guidance will be an asset to the effort.
    Last edited by navingulia; December 28th, 2005 at 05:36 PM.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Thumbs up account

Sandeep Balyan 1002
    Ramesh Lakra 500
    Suvigya Rathi 500
    Vinay Siwach 300
    Gajesh Dhariwal 4,500
    Vijay Dhankad 500
    DrVinod Shanwal, Achal Singh and Rajesh Rathi 1300
    Neeraj Rathi, Deepak Dahiya, Jitender 500
    Navin Farswal 1500
    Sunil Dabas 501
    Priti 500

Total - 11,603

Shailendra Bhai gave a cricket set and badminton raquets for kids.

Prize Money

Open Category
    Boys 1st prize 501 2nd prize 250
    Girls 1st prize 501 2nd prize 250

11 to 15yrs
    Boys 1st prize 400 (100cash, books and pens), 2nd prize 250 (books, color pens and geometry box)
    Girls 1st prize 400 (100cash, books and pens), 2nd prize 250 (books, color pens and geometry box)

Under 10yrs
    Boys 1st prize 300 (100cash+books+color pens), 2nd prize150(books, pen and colors)
    Girls 1st prize 300 (100cash+books+color pens), 2nd prize150(books, pen and colors)

Above 60yrs
    1st prize - Dhoti Kurta (cost 250rs)
    2nd prize - Dhoti Kurta (cost 250rs)

Handball
    Winner 3500rs
    runner up 1500rs

5000+500+900+1300+1502+3020
    Total spent 12,222rs

Total recd - 11,603rs

Som e miscellaneous expenses have been born e by me (i consider it my privilige)
    The cost of conducting the event has been borne by the village.

The handball coach and players contacted me after the match with a request of providing them proper goalpoasts for a new handball court they are preparing. I promised them that i will get it sponsored for them.

Smile

i was really amazed that how well Priti was able to connect to the school girls and the kids. Good work Priti.

JAT JAGRITI, its a very nice start by you MR. NAVIN GULIA and i also thanks TO MR SHAILENDRA TOKAS SAHAB for a good and sincere effort in this direction......................................... .................................................. ..
    ZAMEEN HAI, PODHE HAI,
    PAANI HAI, HAWA HAI
    JARURAT HAI TO ROSHINI KI

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anildabas1701 For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (July 8th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia
    the main setback to the plan will be that people will not trust the person who is holding the funds. People have lot of mistruct and we cannot blame them because this mistrust has come from the exploitation people have faced from their leaders and politicians for ages. We have to win the faith of the people and everyone with our sincere work.
    Thats right, winning the faith of the people is primary hurdle. Community living and activities are a big help towards that end.

hello everyone
    As navin ji informed about the jat jagrti programme. it was wonderful gathering there. every volunteers r full of ethasisum and wants to do something for the people. The Volunteers which impressed was PRITI she gathered the school girls trying to figure out thier problem.

The initiative for this all goes to navin ji. who have organised such a wonderful programme. Futher backed by tokas bhai.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Rspctd navin sir,cann't we people do something constructive,for eg to provide facilites &proper guidance to all the brlnt & willing studnts,esply in villages & 4 grls.if u people r hvng sm kind of group,plz let me know,i'm willing to,as much as possbl.
    with regards,
    sunita hooda.
    The begining of "Jat Jagriti- An Awakening"

Dear and Respected Everyone,
    My trust and faith in the community's goodwill and the society's goodwill is further strengthened today. The way everybody came together to make this event a successul begining, is motivating and inspiring. I had just visited the 5 schools to inform the principal's about this event and our plan s and all of them were present at the venue in full strength and with full support. People came forward volunteeriingly and selflessly to take on various responsibilities.
    A brief account of the day:-
    1. We gathered together at Bahadurgarh and at 11.30am headed for the village, where we were given a warm welcome with hot Tea.
    2. There after we were taken to Sidhanti Bhawan for meeting/discussion with the village elders and sarpanch. The important points brought out by village elders -
    a) The unavailability of any fund in the village to do any developement work despite the current government being in place for one year. I would like to bring this point in the kind notice of Bhai Dipender Hooda.
    b) Principal of the school - brought to our notice that very good students spoil their performance after 8th/9th grade in the absence of guidance. He also complained that the parents dont allow their children to be punished for mistakes and also that the parents dont allow to make the children do some community work.
    c) Vaid Jee, brought out the need for moral education and promotion of work culture in students.
    d) Our group members assured the people of support in improving quality of education and encouraging sports.
    3. There after we were taken for the much awaited Desi Lunch - bajre ki roti, saag, chane ke patte ki chatni, bathue a raayta, churma, chawal, daal, seet
    4. we went to the compound of govt girls school where the sports event were taking place. There was a huge crowd of children, young and the elderly too. The races for different age groups were con ducted. But the superhit run was that of the elderly (over 60yrs) an d it was too good, they could have competed with the 18yr olds and beaten them too.
    5. There after the handball match was conducted in which some national and international players took part. The prize distribution took place in which the prizes were given away by Bhai Shailender, Priti, Ramesh Lakra and myself.
    6. Ramesh gave a talk to the gathering telling them about the work we intend to do and also inpiring students to do well in their studies. I gave a small motivational talk to the children.

IMP:- I will request all members present to bring out their opinion an d feedback about what we all learnt from this event and what we should do in future to take this cause forward.
    I have lot of pending work today so right now i am not adding more. I will be writing more soon.

What a start !

It was great to be a part of Gurgaon meet. But its worth regretting not to visit village and contribute there (emergencies happens). Hope to get some more chances to carry on for such a noble cause.

Missed what happened on Jatland as well for more than a month (infact 2 months since I came back to India)

Jan Jagriti

Hi All,

few days back i got to read this article in frontline
    below is the link
    http://www.flonnet.com/fl2226/storie...0002404300.htm
    people from rohtak can get us more details about this.

regards

Abhishek

Thumbs up

dear compatriot,
    it is a great initiative.we really need a consolidation and an awakening program,at least the villages.if people start like the way you have and CARRY ON then surely we will be an invincible force.all the best

Thumbs up

dear compatriot,
    it's a great initiative that you've taken.we really need a consolidation and an awakening program,at least the villages(THE ROOTS).if such initiaives grow even by a small number,their fruits will grow infinitely.carry on,make a difference.ALL THE BEST

Dear Friends,
    We are visiting the village on this sunday, 12 Feb for a 10 to 1 visit.
    The agenda of the visit is same as mentioned in my earlier post.
    I request the members interested to contact me on my number

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Thumbs up

Dear all,
    Following spent their valuable time at Barhana on last Sunday motivating youths.

Navin and Khushi Gulia
    Shailendra Tokas
    Prof. Kadiyan and Mrs Kadiyan
    Mother of Prof Kadiyan
    Sumit Pawar
    And self.

After Detailed discussions the shortlisted points of immediate attention are listed below. Suggestion/views and also contributions are welcome:---

1. Hiring a good English teacher for weekend classes at sidhanti bhawan.A good teacher will cost around 3000 pm and additional cost of books/notebooks/pen pencil will cost 50per head*50students=2500( one time expenditure). Hiring is important for maintaining continuity and for the success of the idea it is important to hire a good, interested person(we can employ some young jat student).. On top of it an independent volunteer from jat land can oversee the entire thing with dos and donts prepared with consensus and monitoring it. This is to be taken up immediately.
    2. Setting up of library and benches and classroom at sidhanti bhawan. Can start working on expenditure and level to which the facilities can/should be provided. Off hand we can start by issuing books to 10th, 11th and 12th classes on returnable basis
    3. Circulations of dailies , employment newspaper has started from this weekend.
    4. Decided to visit the village every Sunday in batches, the details of which will be further taken up by Navin bhai . For the time being please volunteer by sending a mail by clicking on ADD CALENDER EVETS that U ARE AVIALABLE ON SO AND SO SUNDAY/SATURDAYS. Your name will appear in calendar events in a similar fashion that birthdays appear.

Please volunteer for the good cause and take initiative with your ideas. The photographs and more details would be further supplemented by Shailendra and Navin bhai. Over to them….

Thank you

Dear Friends,
    Ramesh bhai, Shailendra bhai and professor Kadyan were able to motivate the young boys present with their long and patient interaction. (I was a little unwell so I did not take an active part) We analysed the feasibility of holding the classes. In addition to the points Ramesh bhai has put up.
    1. A blackboard, note books and pens are a must for the classes. Khushi is already working on the lesson plans for these classes.
    2. I am very keen on ‘interest generating’ in the kids. My motive is that the kids should love to come to the classes. I am thinking of screening some documentary/educational films in the hall at Sidhanti Bhawan. For the time being I intend to carry my desktop for the class but later on I plan to have a computer there itself for the purpose of showing interesting presentations to the kids, i.e. it will serve as an audio-visual aide.
    3. The classes will have to be in 3 categories a) smaller children (upto 12yrs) b) Elder boys c) Elder girls.
    4. All members are requested to contribute magazines and books for bringing up the library where children can have reading material. We all have so many old books and magazines lying with us which we no longer use. These can help bring up a library/reading room. You can send this stuff to my address Hno. 213, Sec – 14, Gurgaon – 122001, Haryana. If you live around Delhi, I don’t mind collecting it from your place. Besides your own stuff, you can collect from friends around as well.
    5. I carried the goal posts for the new handball court (money contributed by Vireshwar Sir) that has been prepared. Coming Saturday, I intend to go there and arrange to organize 2 hours of sports everyday. The sports stuff will be brought to the playing fields (cricket pitch has been setup, bringing up volleyball courts also) everyday and the boys and girls can play a game of their choise.

Thanks and Regards to every one
    Navin Gulia

Thats great news Navin bhai... Keep us updated for future endeavours... and take care of health too!!!

-Vinod

Dear Friends,
    Ramesh bhai, Shailendra bhai and professor Kadyan were able to motivate the young boys present with their long and patient interaction. (I was a little unwell so I did not take an active part) We analysed the feasibility of holding the classes. In addition to the points Ramesh bhai has put up.
    1. A blackboard, note books and pens are a must for the classes. Khushi is already working on the lesson plans for these classes.
    2. I am very keen on ‘interest generating’ in the kids. My motive is that the kids should love to come to the classes. I am thinking of screening some documentary/educational films in the hall at Sidhanti Bhawan. For the time being I intend to carry my desktop for the class but later on I plan to have a computer there itself for the purpose of showing interesting presentations to the kids, i.e. it will serve as an audio-visual aide.
    3. The classes will have to be in 3 categories a) smaller children (upto 12yrs) b) Elder boys c) Elder girls.
    4. All members are requested to contribute magazines and books for bringing up the library where children can have reading material. We all have so many old books and magazines lying with us which we no longer use. These can help bring up a library/reading room. You can send this stuff to my address Hno. 213, Sec – 14, Gurgaon – 122001, Haryana. If you live around Delhi, I don’t mind collecting it from your place. Besides your own stuff, you can collect from friends around as well.
    5. I carried the goal posts for the new handball court (money contributed by Vireshwar Sir) that has been prepared. Coming Saturday, I intend to go there and arrange to organize 2 hours of sports everyday. The sports stuff will be brought to the playing fields (cricket pitch has been setup, bringing up volleyball courts also) everyday and the boys and girls can play a game of their choise.

Thanks and Regards to every one
    Navin Gulia
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Jat Jagriti

Dear Guliya Ji,
    This kind of efforts are so valuable that it doesn't need an appreciation infact appreciation is a small word for it. I wish to know how can i relate myself with it and how can i contribute to this.
    Regards,
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Wonderful Sunita
    You can definitely play an important role. Once we start the classes around the later part of march, you could volunteer to take some classes along with Khushi. We will have to classify the kids into these categories. Upto 7th standard a common class for boys and girls. 8th onwards a class for boys and a separate class for girls. You could talk to/teach the senior girls along with Khushi. You don’t need to devote all your time only some Sundays. See if it is feasible for you.

Dear All
    It is accepted that when we begin things will take time. We just have to persist with our efforts and we will get results. We cant aim to change the world from the word go. We have to do our bit in the small ways that we can. Generally we tend to say that ‘hamare kuchh karne se kya farak padta hai’ and as a result nothing happens but if we do our bit sooner or later things will change.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia