Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: "Jan Jagriti - An Awakening"

Smile

Dear Sunita Jee and Manisha, Thanks. Over a period of time we discussed and decided on concentrating our efforts in two fields to begin with i.e. generating interest in sports and improving the quality of education.
    You are welcome to join this effort. Together we can make a difference.
    Last edited by navingulia; January 27th, 2006 at 10:36 AM.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Good show fellas. Keep up the momentum. Yoh
    fauji kare bina na data karta. Great going Navin.

Err ya Priti tae ghani kasuti likdi. Kati front line
    pe reh sae. Keep up the good work girl ! You are
    da Wooomaaaaaaan !!
    Last edited by raj_rathee; February 1st, 2006 at 01:55 AM.

Dear Ramesh Bhai, Shailendra Bhai and others,
    We can have an event/activity on this sunday 5th feb or the next. Since i have been called to RIMC for a talk i wont be there this sunday.
    However if you and any one else is willing we can organise it this Sunday. I can inform the village and the required people will be there.
    Agenda- a) I suggest that we call the unemployed youth of the village i.e those who are studying but will need a job in near future or those who have stopped studies at a stage and now are looking for a job.
    b) We can collect the data (name, age, qualification) and later can work on what can be done.
    c) We can also guide them to the extent we can about the opportunities we know of.
    Let it be an event for this Sunday, 5th Feb. All those willing to go can contact Ramesh or myself to co-ordinate.
    Regards to All
    Navin Gulia

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

We can have an event/activity on this sunday 5th feb or the next. Since i have been called to RIMC for a talk i wont be there this sunday.
    However if you and any one else is willing we can organise it this Sunday. I can inform the village and the required people will be there.
    Agenda- a) I suggest that we call the unemployed youth of the village i.e those who are studying but will need a job in near future or those who have stopped studies at a stage and now are looking for a job.
    b) We can collect the data (name, age, qualification) and later can work on what can be done.
    c) We can also guide them to the extent we can about the opportunities we know of.
    Let it be an event for this Sunday, 5th Feb. All those willing to go can contact Ramesh or myself to co-ordinate.
    Regards to All
    Navin Gulia

Dear Navin, Ramesh and Shailendra

I spoke to a friend of mine who works in SRUTI, which is an organisation that works with and for the already active social workers in villages and remote areas all around India. They do not take up any projects but facilitate already active people and work through fellowships. One of the main activity is interaction with the youth. I liked their approach towards social change which is long term oriented and a change in the approach of people and not just opportunities available.

If you think it might be helpful, SRUTI's west Delhi fellows are willing to facilitate interaction with the youth in your next village visit. I dont know how appropriate that is since we are more likely to connect with the people than they will be since we come from the same background and speak the same language. But i think that some professional approach might be helpful. Also, an outside eye is more objective and solution oriented. Anyway, I leave it upto you. Maybe one idea could be that if you find time to speak to this friend of mine and see how this organisation can be of some benefit to the jan jagriti work.

Best wishes
    Priti

Priti, Thats nice... Share my info about SRUTI with us... they have any website?... we shd be willing to cooperate with other groups but need shd be taken about ideologies of the group... If possible cud you pull-in atleast one representative from that group to our discussion group so that we can talk about possible interaction... if not then plz fwd your friend's info to us(or atleast me...

-Vinod

Quote Originally Posted by priti
    Dear Navin, Ramesh and Shailendra

I spoke to a friend of mine who works in SRUTI, which is an organisation that works with and for the already active social workers in villages and remote areas all around India. They do not take up any projects but facilitate already active people and work through fellowships. One of the main activity is interaction with the youth. I liked their approach towards social change which is long term oriented and a change in the approach of people and not just opportunities available.

If you think it might be helpful, SRUTI's west Delhi fellows are willing to facilitate interaction with the youth in your next village visit. I dont know how appropriate that is since we are more likely to connect with the people than they will be since we come from the same background and speak the same language. But i think that some professional approach might be helpful. Also, an outside eye is more objective and solution oriented. Anyway, I leave it upto you. Maybe one idea could be that if you find time to speak to this friend of mine and see how this organisation can be of some benefit to the jan jagriti work.

Best wishes
    Priti
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

and I thought you had retired from Jatland :-)

Good to see your message. I can definitely connect to SRUTI's fellows if Navin can accomodate them on his visits. Also, the guy who is already working in Barhana, I think his name was Bhupinder can also apply to become a member and can draw from the intellectual resources of the organisation.

Waiting to hear from Navin.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Dear All,

The visit this sunday has been defferred till next sunday(i.e 12 feb 06).

Could we have the names of the volunteers for this.

Meanwhile, Priti, could we get in touch with SRUTI org.

Agenda for the visit will be as posted by Navin above, suggestion/ideas are welcome.We will try and be there by 9 and wind-up by 1 pm.

Navin, myself and Shailendra have confirmed participation.
    Shall post more on agenda later.
    regards

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by navingulia
    Regards to All
    Navin Gulia

this time count me in , will be coming on feb 5th

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia
    Regards to All
    Navin Gulia

Respected Navin Ji,

I can't come on 5th Feb, but please count for the next event.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Thumbs up

Hi! Priti, Sorry for the delay. I was out to rimc, doon for a talk, just back.
    Yes, please request the members from sruti to get in touch with us. After discussing with them we can decide in what ways we can work together to get better results.
    As mentioned in the agenda for the visit on 12th Feb, we want to call all the young people – those who are studying will be advised on how to pursue their studies to get a better job in future. Those who are in need of work/job right now would be advised on possible options. We will also collect data on the qualifications/education level of the youth to brainstorm over later.
    Regards
    Navin Gulia

As suggested by Ramesh, the visit will be on 12th Feb, 9am to 1pm. Everyone willing to join is welcome.
    Over the days leading to the visit, every one can contribute ideas as inputs.

agenda

The Agenda for the visit on 12 Feb.: -
    We are going to meet the youth in three categories.
    a) Senior boys (10th onwards) who are studying would be advised about the courses/career options they can choose. They will be also advised about what to work on as far as studies are concerned.
    b) Young men/boys who have stopped studies at some stage and are looking for job – we will try to advise them about possible options.
    c) Senior Girls (10th onwards) who are studying – they can be guided and encouraged about their future options. Khushi will be there but if there can be some more female volunteers to talk to them it will be great.

Very specific to the Agenda mentioned above, we would request everyone to give inputs about the options that these youth (in the 3 categories) can have. In terms of vocational courses (metric, inter or grad level) or Job opportunities open to them.

In the 3 categories we will also collect data of the youth i.e. name, age and qualification, so that we can work on it later.

Kindly give inputs/advice on the points mentioned above.

A Small Suggestion...

Dear Navin,

Wonderful work getting underway.

May I request you and other members who are going for the next visit to also touch upon the issue of 'Controlling Anxiety & Fear', more so for students of Class X & XII as their annual exams are coming up. Those who have opted for CBSE have exams starting from the first week of Mar. In my view the career guidance could wait for a few weeks, till the exams are over. Also they could be told how to 'Manage Time' while answering questions for the exam, 'Neatness in Presentation' and related issues that I am sure worthy members of the team would be already aware of.

Keep at it.

Regards,

JS Malik

PS: An Example Given Below.

EXAM STRESS: NATURAL FEELING LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT

Common Physical reaction during exam preparations:
    · Muscle tension
    · Indigestion
    · Sleep difficulties
    · Repaid uneven or pounding heartbeat
    · Frequent urge to pass urine
    · Fast, shallow breathing
    · Chest discomfort
    · Change in appetite,
    · Constipation or diarrhea
    · Backache

Psychological Reaction to Stress
    · Feeling under pressure frustration and aggression
    · Feeling tense and unable to relax
    · Feeling mentally drained out
    · Fussy, gloomy or suspicious being constantly frightened or irritable
    · Inability to concentrate or complete the task.

Eating Healthy
    · Balancing food choices over time is what counts.
    · Breakfast provides the energy needed through an active morning
    · Children who skip breakfast may have trouble concentrating
    · Fast food supply more fat, salt & calories that good nutrition
    · Fast food is moderation won 't ruin a healthful diet, especially when consumed with green salads.
    · Replace finger chips with an apple
    · Add roughage to your diet - Dalia, Corn etc. will help prevent stomach discomfort and you will feel lighter.
    · The golden rule for food safety is to keep hot foods hot& cold foods cold.
    · Parents should teach good habits by example.

Good Sleep - Good Exam.
    · Insomnia (The inability to fall or stay asleep) Can be caused by Stress & anxiety of Exam.
    · Disturbances of 'sleep- wake' cycle during exams.
    · If sleep struggles continue, talk them over with your doctor .

Exercise and Physical Activity
    · Walk or cycle 15 minutes a day at least thrice a week.
    · Avoid sitting cross - legged on the ground because this is bad for your knees.
    · Avoid being a couch potato.
    · Cut out junk food and control your weight.
    · Swim or play a sport at least twice a week.
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

I agree with Jagmohanji's point. It would be more helpful for students appearing in board exams if quick tips for short-term goals are provided. And students themselves would be more keen in doing better in exams rather than planning long-term goals now... You cud talk to teachers if they cud spend extra time in helping students who run the chance of getting failed...

Good luck
    Vinod

Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan
    Dear Navin,

Wonderful work getting underway.

May I request you and other members who are going for the next visit to also touch upon the issue of 'Controlling Anxiety & Fear', more so for students of Class X & XII as their annual exams are coming up. Those who have opted for CBSE have exams starting from the first week of Mar. In my view the career guidance could wait for a few weeks, till the exams are over. Also they could be told how to 'Manage Time' while answering questions for the exam, 'Neatness in Presentation' and related issues that I am sure worthy members of the team would be already aware of.

Keep at it.

Regards,

JS Malik

It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Respected Malik Sir and Vinod Bhai,
    Yes, I agree too that the students who are giving boards can be advised. We will work on that too but we will also keep our agenda of talking to the young about career options and collecting the data because there are a large number of young who are not studying right now and employment is seen as a more important issue in the village.
    My experience with the village kids is that they don’t take tension about studies because they don’t care as much as the city kids about studies. Yes, they can be advised about their studies and the need of good marks and how to get them.
    Warm Regards

Thumbs up

dear compatriot,
    it is a great initiative.we really need a consolidation and an awakening program,at least the villages.if people start like the way you have and CARRY ON then surely we will be an invincible force.all the best

Thumbs up

dear compatriot,
    it's a great initiative that you've taken.we really need a consolidation and an awakening program,at least the villages(THE ROOTS).if such initiaives grow even by a small number,their fruits will grow infinitely.carry on,make a difference.ALL THE BEST

Dear Friends,
    We are visiting the village on this sunday, 12 Feb for a 10 to 1 visit.
    The agenda of the visit is same as mentioned in my earlier post.
    I request the members interested to contact me on my number

Login to view details.

Thumbs up

Dear all,
    Following spent their valuable time at Barhana on last Sunday motivating youths.

Navin and Khushi Gulia
    Shailendra Tokas
    Prof. Kadiyan and Mrs Kadiyan
    Mother of Prof Kadiyan
    Sumit Pawar
    And self.

After Detailed discussions the shortlisted points of immediate attention are listed below. Suggestion/views and also contributions are welcome:---

1. Hiring a good English teacher for weekend classes at sidhanti bhawan.A good teacher will cost around 3000 pm and additional cost of books/notebooks/pen pencil will cost 50per head*50students=2500( one time expenditure). Hiring is important for maintaining continuity and for the success of the idea it is important to hire a good, interested person(we can employ some young jat student).. On top of it an independent volunteer from jat land can oversee the entire thing with dos and donts prepared with consensus and monitoring it. This is to be taken up immediately.
    2. Setting up of library and benches and classroom at sidhanti bhawan. Can start working on expenditure and level to which the facilities can/should be provided. Off hand we can start by issuing books to 10th, 11th and 12th classes on returnable basis
    3. Circulations of dailies , employment newspaper has started from this weekend.
    4. Decided to visit the village every Sunday in batches, the details of which will be further taken up by Navin bhai . For the time being please volunteer by sending a mail by clicking on ADD CALENDER EVETS that U ARE AVIALABLE ON SO AND SO SUNDAY/SATURDAYS. Your name will appear in calendar events in a similar fashion that birthdays appear.

Please volunteer for the good cause and take initiative with your ideas. The photographs and more details would be further supplemented by Shailendra and Navin bhai. Over to them….

Thank you

Dear Friends,
    Ramesh bhai, Shailendra bhai and professor Kadyan were able to motivate the young boys present with their long and patient interaction. (I was a little unwell so I did not take an active part) We analysed the feasibility of holding the classes. In addition to the points Ramesh bhai has put up.
    1. A blackboard, note books and pens are a must for the classes. Khushi is already working on the lesson plans for these classes.
    2. I am very keen on ‘interest generating’ in the kids. My motive is that the kids should love to come to the classes. I am thinking of screening some documentary/educational films in the hall at Sidhanti Bhawan. For the time being I intend to carry my desktop for the class but later on I plan to have a computer there itself for the purpose of showing interesting presentations to the kids, i.e. it will serve as an audio-visual aide.
    3. The classes will have to be in 3 categories a) smaller children (upto 12yrs) b) Elder boys c) Elder girls.
    4. All members are requested to contribute magazines and books for bringing up the library where children can have reading material. We all have so many old books and magazines lying with us which we no longer use. These can help bring up a library/reading room. You can send this stuff to my address Hno. 213, Sec – 14, Gurgaon – 122001, Haryana. If you live around Delhi, I don’t mind collecting it from your place. Besides your own stuff, you can collect from friends around as well.
    5. I carried the goal posts for the new handball court (money contributed by Vireshwar Sir) that has been prepared. Coming Saturday, I intend to go there and arrange to organize 2 hours of sports everyday. The sports stuff will be brought to the playing fields (cricket pitch has been setup, bringing up volleyball courts also) everyday and the boys and girls can play a game of their choise.

Thanks and Regards to every one
    Navin Gulia