Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Scandinavia and Jats

Scandinavia and Jats

Scandinavia is the cultural and historic region in Northern Europe consisting of the Scandinavian and Jutland peninsulas and the islands inbetween.

Thakur Deshraj has mentioned in his book on History of Jats “Jat Itihas” (Hindi) (1934) that the country Assyria gets its name from Asiagh gotra Jats. The origin of word Asiagh is from Sanskrit word ‘Asi’ meaning sword. According to Kautilya the people who depended on ‘Asi’ (sword) for their living were known as Asiagh.

The Asiaghs moved from Asirgarh in Malwa to Europe. Those who settled in Jangladesh were called Asiagh and those who moved to Scandinavia were known as Asi. Jats entered Scandinavia around 500 BCE and their leader was Odin. James Tod considers Odin to be derived from Buddha or Bodan. The Asi Jats founded Jutland as their homeland in Scandinavia. The religious book of Scandinavia ‘Edda’ mentions that the ancient inhabitants of Scandinavia were Jats or Jits who were Aryans known as Asi people and came to this land from Asirgarh. Asirgarh is a site of an ancient fort situated in Burhanpur district of Malwa region in Madhya Pradesh, India. Thakur Deshraj further quotes Scandinavian writer Mr Count Johnsturn who says that Scandinavians came from India. According to James Tod Scandinavia is derived from Sanskrit word ‘Skandhnabh’ which was the name of a Rishi.

The above view is further supported by Mangal Sen Jindal (1992): History of Origin of Some Clans in India (with special Reference to Jats), (ISBN 81-85431-08-6) that the people of Scandinavia were Jats and they founded Jutland as their homeland.

Mangal sen Jindal quotes Professor Cothburn Oneal in his work “Conquests of Tamerlane” published by Avon Publications Inc. 575 Madison Avenue – New York 22. This book mentions following cities as ‘Jat Strongholds’ in Russia and near about:
    1. Almalyk (Alma – Ata): Pages 97, 232
    2. Bokhara: Page 125,
    3. Khojend (Khokand) now Ferghana, page 125,
    4. Karshi (now Bek – Budi): Page 125,
    5. Samarkand: Pages 103, 104, 106
    6. Tashkant: Pages 108, 110
    7. Qtrar: Page 108
    Jats who were residing there in strongholds in large numbers and were a source of permanent trouble to Timur-lung settled Uzbekistan.

Early Scandinavian History by Thor Heyerdahl
    Thor Heyerdahl, archeologist and historian, has sdudied about Scandinavia. After he saw similar petroglyphs in Qobustan area in Azerbaijan, Thor Heyerdahl began forming hypothesis that Scandinavian ancestry can be traced to the region now known as Azerbaijan. He also suggested that chief Scandinavian god Odin was actually a historical figure who came to Scandinavia from Azerbaijan.

On my first visit, I came to study the reed ships that are similar to the boats of the ancient Mediterranean. But on my second visit, I learned that the people in Azerbaijan call themselves Azeri. I remembered from my school days that we have legends in Norway woven into Norwegian history in such an intricate way that we don't know where history starts and mythology ends. But the documented history of Norway dates back more than 800 years. Traditions about the original homeland of our ancestors were recorded in the 18th century in Ireland and say that we are descendants of the land of the Aser.

But I remember from my childhood that the mythology started with the god named Odin. From Odin it took 31 generations to reach the first historic king. The record of Odin says that he came to Northern Europe from the land of Aser. I started reading these pages again and saw that this was not mythology at all, but actual history and geography.

Snorre, who recorded these stories, started by describing Europe, Asia and Africa, all with their correct names, Gibraltar and the Mediterranean Sea with their old Norse names, the Black Sea with the names we use today again, and the river Don with its old Greek name, Tanais. So, I realized that this has nothing to do with the gods who lived with the Thunder god Thor among the clouds.

Snorre said that the homeland of the Asers was east of the Black Sea. He said this was the land that chief Odin had, a big country. He gave the exact description: it was east of the Black Sea, south of a large mountain range on the border between Europe and Asia, and extended southward towards the land of the Turks. This had nothing to do with mythology; it was on this planet, on Earth.

Then came the most significant point. Snorre says: "At that time when Odin lived, the Romans were conquering far and wide in the region. When Odin learned that they were coming towards the land of Asers, he decided that it was best for him to take his priests, chiefs and some of his people and move to the Northern part of Europe."
    It becomes clear from the above that Asiagh Jats were known as Aser in the central Asia where they founded the country Azerbaijan. It is interesting to note that ‘S’ becomes ‘Z’ in this region of Central Asia.
    Reference
    * Mangal sen Jindal (1992): History of Origin of Some Clans in India (with special Reference to Jats), Sarup & Sons, 4378/4B, Ansari Road, Darya Ganj, New Delhi-110002 ISBN 81-85431-08-6
    *Thakur Deshraj: Jat Itihas (Hindi), Maharaja Suraj Mal Smarak Shiksha Sansthan, Delhi, 1934.
    *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Scandinavia
    *http://www.azer.com/aiweb/categories...heyerdahl.html
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak
    [B].... Jats entered Scandinavia around 500 BCE and their leader was Odin. James Tod considers Odin to be derived from Buddha or Bodan. ........
    Jats did not rest in Scandinavia. They moved further towards present day Scotland and foundaed the great city of Edinburgh (Odinburgh) after the name of their diety Odin. There was this famous stone of Odin there till 1814. This stone was broken by a farmer and used in his cow-shed, again a typical character of a Jat farmer.

Rajendra

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    HAHA what a joke. This one is really entertaining. haha majaaa aa gayaa itne bewookoofi walee bakwass baateein pehle kabhi nahee suneee.
    jat ree jat tere saar par khaat. New heights of fantasy reached. :rolleyes:

Jats founded Kent

From my article on "Kingdom of Jats in England" in the history section, it is clear that the Jats founded Kent kingdom in England:

Before their arrival in England, the Juts and the Angles were neighbours in the continent: they inhabited respectively in Jutland and Slesvig. Yet, that was not their original homeland; the Juts came from the south and conquered the peninsula that was called Jutland after them. By the end of the fourth century c.e., Sarmatic groups began to move westwards: Alans driven from the Danubian Basin by the Huns, Juts expelled from Jutland by the Danes. Alan tribes settled in the Gaul and some of them went further to Spain and North-Africa, while the Juts crossed the Channel and founded the kingdom of Kent in AD 450.

The Juts, along with the Angles, Saxons and Frisians sailed across the North Sea to raid and eventually invade England from the late fourth century onwards. According to the Venerable Bede, they ended up settling in Kent, Hampshire and on the Isle of Wight. There are a number of toponyms that attest to the presence of the Juts in the area, such as Ytene, which Florence of Worcester states was the contemporary English name for the New Forest.

It is to be noted that the 'Alan" tribe mentioned above is nothing but Ahlawat in Haryana.
    Laxman Burdak

Login to view details.
    lagaee reh tau, pakaee jaa khayali pulow, mazaaa aa rahaa hae paad ke. :D

Why Don't You Educate Us....

Dear Mr Hooda,

Since you find someone's effort in the History Section rather funny, may I request you to educate us on the subject under discussion please. May be others missed the humor part of the post which only you seem to so regularly note.

Regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

Login to view details.
    Dear Jagmnohan Uncleji,

It is not only ME who finds this as NONSENSE, but also every historian in the WHOLE WORLD, except the ekka dukka ones who strangely but not without coincidence happen to be INDIANS. This is not history but KHAYALI PULOW TIMEPASS.

Regards,

Pradeep Hooda

In That Case...

Dear Pradeep,

Well in that case it should not matter to you when members enjoy their 'Khayali Pulav'. Why should it bother you. We are all types here and post our views and express ourselves but no one has the right to questions another member's right of expression. I too don't like nonsense some members write but then I have no business to comment on others viewpoint. Should I feel truly angry I resort to sending a private mail.

Sometimes it is better to walk alone rather than follow the crowd. No, I don't believe that whatever the western historian says about everyone else is right. I don't believe their historians for more reasons than one. To counter the argument, please do some research on your trusted western historians and make us wiser about the history of JATS.

And the last point is that I consider JATS to be the best community that ever walked the earth. It is my belief. Do you have any problems with it? I hope not.

Proud to be a JAT.

Regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

Quote Originally Posted by parda
    HAHA what a joke. This one is really entertaining. haha majaaa aa gayaa itne bewookoofi walee bakwass baateein pehle kabhi nahee suneee.
    jat ree jat tere saar par khaat. New heights of fantasy reached. :rolleyes:
    Will you please post something on a topic of your experties ? After reading all your posts so far, I think that you have very serious mental/ social problems.

RK^2

Login to view details.
    Actually Kalkhande sahab, after reading your previous posts, I have come to the same conclusion - you have serious mental and social problems. Someone who has been educated in science cannot come up with ludicrious posts like yours such as Dahiya-israeli connection, kadyan-kings of elam.
    It must be a brahmin conspiracy that all these "history" has never been researched, or taught by anyone.

It must be a brahmin conspiracy that all these "history" has never been researched, or taught by anyone.

Mr Hooda

No, it does not have to be a "Brahmin" conspiracy or even a conspiracy.

You are correct in that Jat history is not taught in Indian texbooks. They are devoid of any historical facts aout Jats, and what little there is, is derogratory

Research into Indian History, and the result of it as we know it, was done first by the British in circa 1850 by Sir William Jones and his successors.

Their sources were ‘Brahminical’ records and ‘Islamic’ records.

The British had no interest in the Jat perspective! They were influenced by the ‘Brahminical;’ perspective of the Brahmin/Kayasths who were now their Munshis/ clerks.

It should be noted that these same groups were the pujaris and Munshis of the Jats previously.

They had an opportunity to show themselves as superior to the rest of the Indians, including the Jats who were shown as peasants, uncultured, uncouth and of no consequence, and they took it.

From Munshis, they rose to become lawyers, judges, Professors, adminstrators.

Their bias entered the history text books, and all, including me and you, got taught that.

That is all

I call it bias, for one's own ends, if some call it a conspiracy then they can call it that.

Ditto for the Islamic sources- the Jats were shown as uncouth robbers and dacoits!

The Jats, unfortunately, bore the brunt of the Islamic / British onslaught, and their society their system of Judiciary, their education system was destroyed ( finally by the British), and later by those who took over power from the british.

So you are correct, no one has researched this before, and no one has taught it.

The Jats, if we follow Islamic/ Brahminical/ British historians have no history!

Jats today are researching their history.

Sometimes some will go overboard.

What is there to get worked up about that? I prefer to give them some space.

Mr. Hooda,

Could I suggest that rather than pooh pooh Mr. Kalkhande’s ‘claims’ why do you not refute them with facts and logic?

Also rather than be negative, present your views!

You can post also post your views on the Jathistory group. There are many academics there

What is your village?
    Last edited by ravichaudhary; January 6th, 2006 at 03:20 AM.

Login to view details.

ha ha

ram ram mr huda,i don' know u r right or them on dis matter but afte readin' ur view i cudn't stop laughin'(spclly-lage rah tau)---i really like ur sense of humor----other member plzzz don' take it otherwise,i can't resist myself to write dis to mr huda------ram ram--sheel chaudhary------------------------there r 2 rules of philosophy,1st is that there r 2 equal n opposite philosopher on any subject n da 2nd is dat both of them r wrong :D

Jats ruled Arabia

Glancing through some research material recently, I was pleasantly surprised to come across a reference to a king Vikramaditya inscription found in the Kaaba in Mecca proving beyond doubt that the Arabian Peninsula formed a part of his Indian Empire.

The text of the crucial Vikramaditya inscription, found inscribed on a gold dish hung inside the Kaaba shrine in Mecca, is found recorded on page 315 of a volume known as ‘Sayar-ul-Okul’ treasured in the Makhtab-e-Sultania library in Istanbul, Turkey. Rendered in free English the inscription says:

"Fortunate are those who were born (and lived) during king Vikram’s reign. He was a noble, generous dutiful ruler, devoted to the welfare of his subjects. But at that time we Arabs, oblivious of God, were lost in sensual pleasures. Plotting and torture were rampant. The darkness of ignorance had enveloped our country. Like the lamb struggling for her life in the cruel paws of a wolf we Arabs were caught up in ignorance. The entire country was enveloped in a darkness so intense as on a new moon night. But the present dawn and pleasant sunshine of education is the result of the favour of the noble king Vikramaditya whose benevolent supervision did not lose sight of us- foreigners as we were. He spread his sacred religion amongst us and sent scholars whose brilliance shone like that of the sun from his country to ours. These scholars and preceptors through whose benevolence we were once again made cognisant of the presence of God, introduced to His sacred existence and put on the road of Truth, had come to our country to preach their religion and impart education at king Vikramaditya’s behest."

For those who would like to read the Arabic wording I reproduce it hereunder in Roman script:

"Itrashaphai Santu Ibikramatul Phahalameen Karimun Yartapheeha Wayosassaru Bihillahaya Samaini Ela Motakabberen Sihillaha Yuhee Quid min howa Yapakhara phajjal asari nahone osirom bayjayhalem. Yundan blabin Kajan blnaya khtoryaha sadunya kanateph netephi bejehalin Atadari bilamasa- rateen phakef tasabuhu kaunnieja majekaralhada walador. As hmiman burukankad toluho watastaru hihila Yakajibaymana balay kulk amarena phaneya jaunabilamary Bikramatum".

(Page 315 Sayar-ul-okul).

[Note: The title ‘Saya-ul-okul’ signifies memorable words.]

King Vikramaditya has been permanently enshrined in the pages of history because he was the world’s greatest ruler having the largest empire. It should be remembered that only a monarch with a vast empire gets famous in world history. Vikram Samvat (calendar still widely in use in India today) which he initiated over 2000 years ago may well mark his victory over Arabia.

It is mentioned in the Abadis i.e., the authentic traditions of Prophet Mohammad compiled by Imam Bukhari that the Indian tribe of Jats had settled in Arabia before Prophet Mohammad’s times. Once when Hazrat Ayesha, wife of the Prophet, was taken ill, her nephew sent for a Jat physician for her treatment. This proves that Indian Jats enjoyed a high and esteemed status in Arabia. Such a status could not be theirs unless they were the rulers. Bukhari also tells us that an Indian Raja (king) sent a jar of ginger pickles to the Prophet. This shows that the Indian Jat Raja ruled an adjacent area so as to be in a position to send such an insignificant present as ginger pickles. The Prophet is said to have so highly relished it as to have told his colleagues also to partake of it. These references show that even during Prophet Mohammad’s times Indians retained their influential role in Arabia, which was a dwindling legacy from Vikramaditya’s times.
    A careful analysis of the above inscription enables us to draw the following conclusions:

That the ancient Indian empires may have extended up to the eastern boundaries of Arabia until Vikramaditya and that it was he who for the first time conquered Arabia. Because the inscription says that king Vikram who dispelled the darkness of ignorance from Arabia. It is clear that Vikramaditya was a Jat king. His capital was at Ujjain which is part of Malwa.

Reference
    http://www.hinduism.org.za
    Laxman Burdak

Thumbs up Keep up the good work Burdak bhai !!

Keep up the good work of posting such informative material cos it opens up the mind to new avenues and thoughts about our origin and our forgotten glory and perhaps we would again be motivated to reach the same heights.

Regards,

Ravi Hooda
    JAT- Justice Action Truth

Login to view details.

chandragupta-2's iron pillar inscription

i've myself read this at mehrauli's quatub tower's iron pillor inscription. "he, who crossed the 7 mouths of river indus n defeated vahlikas.....he chandra..."
    he was the great vikramaditya of vikram-betal fame, the dharan jat from muttra (mathura), the place where krishna jat belonged to. however, Dr. KP Jaiswal (a famous indian historian) has wrongly identified him as a jat from punjab.

in fact original few followers of hazrat sahb were jats only. jat was a cosmopolitan person to adopt easily the simple middle path theories.

easy adoptiption of kabir, islam, christ, budha, nanak, dayanand, communism, ....

n even siva swallowed the poison himself to avoid the world from taking it.

skandh-nabh modern scandinavia used to be "the country of slodiers, the sainikon ka desh"

till 2day the average height of scandinavians is tallest in the world.

n then kurdistan also belong 2 jats. compare their average height also.

many jats from punjab n sindh were taken to baghdad by mohmd bin quasim
    in 8th century along with their buffaloes n bansuri (flute).

"as soon as they were firmly settled over there they revolted causing the rise in the price of bread in the capital by blocking basra-baghdad raod" says taban.

jats fight was always against the oppressors, even if he (oppressor) himself was a jat.

Login to view details.

n near ujjain

c the river tapti/tapi named after tewatia/teotia/teoti/taoti/tabti/tapti jats. the goth of chaudhary charan singh. where from their coins have been unearthed. having name tubathi/tabathi on one one side n otherside fish n land; the symbols of dharti-pani, usual for jats. these r the observations of dr kp jaiswal.

tabiti used 2 b the fire goddess of zoroastrians/persians.

compare their village batana/bhatana/bhatona in UP with ec-batana of iran n modern bhadana gujjars. try out google.

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia
    i
    in fact original few followers of hazrat sahb were jats only.

If what you say is correct, the Islamic depradations through the centuries are then caused by the same " cosmoplotian" jats?

What is your evidence that Mohamad's followers were the Jats?

Login to view details.
    The jats in peukistan are mohmmads followers.
    But notwithstanding that, everyone is a jat in this world as I have found out after reading so many excellent posts here.
    why not the chinese and the african - shouldn't we also include them?
    what if they look different, we can still change and twist their names and somehow make them jats? :rolleyes:
    some people here are really good at doing that, showcase your talents and try to make as many unrelated people to be jats in disguise. Maybe that way we can be really be proud?:p

The jats in peukistan are mohmmads followers.:p

We have plenty of Jats in India too, who follow Islam, not all have moved to Pakistan!

The idea of a history section in this list, is that it is a reasonably serious place, where people can express their views, and thoughts in a mature, non insulting manner.

Its intention is to interest our Jat community, and educate them, in our history and culture.

No one expects them to be masters in History.

They will have erroneous views, sometimes bordering on fantasy.

If Western Historians and self proclaimed Indologists, can get away with fantasty like the Aryan Invasion theory, Invading India with Chariots, with blue eyed blond aryans, there is no need to go bananas, if some people who do not have the knowledge( today) wish to explore their thoughts and gain some knowledge.

Mr Tewatia, I think is wrong in his assesment. If he thinks he is right, he can put forward the evidence that the early followers of Muhamad were Jats.

If he cannot, he will change his views. If he can provide the evidence, I will change mine.

The purpose of these discussions is education and learning.It is supposed to be a place where people can express themselves, without being dumped upon, eve if they are flat wrong.

Their knowledege will increase.

I assure you, the Tewatia Sahib's knowledge will be much higher in a year's time.

That is a prime purpose of this section, to get people to take interest, and increase our store of knowledge.

That is the purpose of this section, and the Jathistory group.

When you make your next post, do please keep that in mind!

Ravi Chaudhary

The jats in peukistan are mohmmads followers.:p

We have plenty of Jats in India too, who follow Islam, not all have moved to Pakistan!

The idea of a history section in this list, is that it is a reasonably serious place, where people can express their views, and thoughts in a mature, non insulting manner.

Its intention is to interest our Jat community, and educate them, in our history and culture.

No one expects them to be masters in History.

They will have erroneous views, sometimes bordering on fantasy.

If Western Historians and self proclaimed Indologists, can get away with fantasty like the Aryan Invasion theory, Invading India with Chariots, with blue eyed blond aryans, there is no need to go bananas, if some people who do not have the knowledge( today) wish to explore their thoughts and gain some knowledge.

Mr Tewatia, I think is wrong in his information. If he thinks he is right, he can put forward the evidence that the early followers of Muhamad were Jats.

If he cannot, he will change his views. If he can provide the evidence, I will change mine.

The purpose of these discussions is education and learning.It is supposed to be a place where people can express themselves, without being dumped upon, eve if they are flat wrong.

Their knowledege will increase.

I assure you, the Tewatia Sahib's knowledge will be much higher in a year's time.

That is a prime purpose of this section, to get people to take interest, and increase our store of knowledge.

That is the purpose of this section, and the Jathistory group.

When you make your next post, do please keep that in mind!

Ravi Chaudhary