Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: We need a health and fitness section on Jatland

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sejwaldeepak
    Bhai Dimag ki batti jalao:D

Sab kuch net pe mile hai bas thoda time waste karna pade hai bhai..:rolleyes:
    Hahaha what he hell....:D
    yu itna saara sauda tanne lya ke dhar diya :eek: isne padhti haan bhi kayi din lagenge ibb....
    bhai sejwal ya encyclopedia to tanne kassuti chepp di
    dimmak ki batti chsaao...:p...lol
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Thumbs up Emergency first aid

Emergency first aid

Introduction

Emergency first aid is the treatment of any injury or sudden illness, before professional medical help can be provided. The aim is to prevent the condition worsening, protect from further harm, aid recovery and preserve life.

Why it is necessary

The knowledge of first aid, when properly applied, can mean the difference between temporary or permanent injury, rapid recovery or long-term disability, and the difference between life and death. Deaths due to accidents and heart attacks account for a high proportion of deaths in the UK each year.

Heart attack
    Coronary heart disease (CHD) accounts for over 140,000 deaths each year in the UK, and over half the people who have a heart attack, die before they reach hospital.

Accidents in the home
    More than 4,000 people die in accidents in the home and 2.8 million are injured in the UK every year.

Road Accidents
    Approximately 3,500 people are killed on Britain's roads every year, with approximately 320,000 total casualties of whom 38,000 are seriously injured.

Burns
    Approximately 250 people die from burns and 130,000 require treatment for burns in the UK each year.

Drowning
    Approximately 500 people, mainly children die from drowning in the UK each year.

Electricity
    Approximately 50 people die and 4,000 people require treatment from electricity related injuries.

Poisoning
    Approximately 50,000 people require treatment for poisoning, including accidental poisoning especially in children and over-doses.

What to do
    Put your safety first and deal with any danger. If it is safe, apply first aid and dial 999 for an ambulance if necessary. First aid can involve anything from dressing a small cut, controlling bleeding in large wounds, or providing cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for a person who is not breathing and whose heart has stopped beating. The following advice is not intended to replace professional instruction in first aid and resuscitation (CPR).

The Recovery position
    The Recover Position ensures that an unconscious person maintains an open airway that the tongue cannot be swallowed, and any vomit or fluid will not cause choking. Ensure the person is lying on their side, supported by one leg and one arm. Keep airway open by tilting their head and lifting the chin. If the airway is not open and the person is not breathing, begin: ABC of resuscitation. A-airway B-breathing C-circulation

Airway
    To open the airway, lift the chin with one hand, while pushing down on the forehead with the other to tilt the head back. Once the airway is open, look for chest movement and listen and feel for breathing by placing an ear close to the person’s mouth.

Breathing
    If opening the airway does not cause the person to begin to breathe spontaneously, Artificial Respiration must be started: -

Tilt the head back lift up the chin, and pinch the nostrils together.
    Seal mouth over the person’s mouth and take a dead breath.
    Breathe slowly into the person's mouth, and check their chest rises.
    Repeat until the person starts breathing or assistance arrives.

Circulation
    If there is no heart beat and no pulse i.e. no circulation and if no trained medical help is available: - start, External Chest Compression, Place the heel of hand on the middle half of their breastbone, and the heel of the other hand on top of the first. Lock the fingers and keep off their chest. Keeping elbows straight, press downwards firmly and quickly with hands then relax and repeat compression. Press down approximately 2 inches. The rate of compression should be approximately 100 compressions per minute. Do 15 compressions, and then give artificial respiration twice. Then repeat until assistance arrives.

Following, is first aid advice on: -

Burns
    The burn should be cooled with cold water. Cover the burn with a sterile dressing of non- fluffy material, cling film, or a plastic bag. Do not put creams on the burn. Seek medical help for the burn unless it is very minor.

Poisoning
    Put the person in the recovery position if they are unconscious, call 999 and ask for an ambulance. Do not give the person anything to drink unless a health professional advises. If there are no symptoms consult the poisons unit at your local hospital Electricity Turn the electricity supply off. Initiate resuscitation ABC if the person is not breathing and call an ambulance. Seek medical help unless the shock is very minor.

Drowning
    Once the person is on land, initiate resuscitation ABC, if the person is not breathing. If the person is unconscious put in the recovery position. Call an ambulance immediately.

Bleeding
    Apply a clean dressing to the wound with firm pressure. Raise the wound (if there are no fractures) to decrease the flow of blood. Seek medical help for the bleeding unless it is minor. Wrap any severed body part e.g. a finger in a plastic bag or cling film, wrap in soft material and keep cool. Preferably, place in ice; never put the severed body part in direct contact with the ice.

Heart Attack
    If breathing and heartbeat stop, call an ambulance and initiate resuscitation ABC immediately. If the person becomes unconscious, but is breathing, place in the recovery position.

Fractures
    If the person is unconscious or has difficulties in breathing or is bleeding severely these should be dealt with first. Do not move the person and gently support the injured part by hand until help arrives.
    Deepak Sejwal
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thumbs up Hair loss

Hair loss

Introduction
    Alopecia is baldness or the loss of hair. The commonest form is ordinary, hereditary male-pattern baldness, but both women and men can suffer from hair loss for other reasons

Diagnosis
    Male-pattern baldness is usually easy to identify, but it is important to look for an underlying reason for hair loss when male-pattern baldness has been ruled out or if it occurs in a woman. Fungal infections can cause circular patches of hair to fall out.

Symptoms
    The form that alopecia takes will depend on the cause. Male-pattern baldness is inherited and may cause a total loss of hair from the scalp. Alopecia areata can cause a total loss of all body hair including the eyebrows and eyelashes, but we do not know the cause and there is no known treatment

Treatment
    Male-pattern baldness responds well to some drug treatments that cannot be obtained on this site. The drugs must be taken throughout a man's life and not all men will benefit from their use.

Treating an underlying condition such as an infection can help prevent further hair loss, but sometimes the hair does not return. Contrary to popular belief, treatment for cancer does not always cause a complete loss of hair, and even when it does, the hair often grows back again after six months or so.

Hair transplants from another part of the skin may be helpful, as may scalp reduction.

Causes
    Baldness has many possible causes. These include:
    • Old age and inherited traits
    • Disease (either directly from an infection or because of fever)
    • Chemotherapy or radiation treatment for cancer (but not in every case)
    • Male sex hormones in women
    • An underactive thyroid gland (myxoedema)
    • Pregnancy
    • Some medical drugs

Hair loss may occur some weeks after a severe feverish illness such as scarlet fever. Scarring alopecia may follow burns, skin wasting, ulceration, fungus infection or skin tumours.

Complications
    Hair loss is often a butt for jokes, but it can be a serious problem for people, often undermining self-confidence and self esteem
    Deepak Sejwal
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot Deepak for your heartful contributions.

However, I am very disappointed by the complete disregard for the website users requests, by the owners.

Is it too difficult to setup on such section?

However, I am getting damn serious about my workout. I will be posting my progress report in December 2007. Maybe, my dedication for the cause will melt some hearts. :D

Lightbulb Start a voting about it :) -- Jit

hey Dahiya,
    ram ram

yaar, its indeed disappointing to c sucha cold response from the sarpanch of Jatland, btw recently I chatted one of the panch....he said to me that Idea is indeed good but plans r still in pipeline

Btw, Dimmag mein ek tagada sa idea aa ya hai! :rolleyes:

Why don't u do a voting here about Health & fitness section, from it we can only know how many Jats here r really serious about their health

so comeon Start A voting, right here, right now !!!

rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules
    Thanks a lot Deepak for your heartful contributions.

However, I am very disappointed by the complete disregard for the website users requests, by the owners.

Is it too difficult to setup on such section?

However, I am getting damn serious about my workout. I will be posting my progress report in December 2007. Maybe, my dedication for the cause will melt some hearts. :D
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Yaar Jit

How do you have a voting?

Go ahead and start it, if you know how to create the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat
    hey Dahiya,
    ram ram

yaar, its indeed disappointing to c sucha cold response from the sarpanch of Jatland, btw recently I chatted one of the panch....he said to me that Idea is indeed good but plans r still in pipeline

Btw, Dimmag mein ek tagada sa idea aa ya hai! :rolleyes:

Why don't u do a voting here about Health & fitness section, from it we can only know how many Jats here r really serious about their health

so comeon Start A voting, right here, right now !!!

rock on
    Jit

Lightbulb

bhai dahiya,
    look! when u start a new therad u also get an option to start Voting, for more info see Jatland faq or ask admins
    --
    yaar ye subh kaam tu hi kar....mune jyada angerji naa aati

just start n new thead, sole purpose is to invite jatlandes to vote for the fitness forum

lets see kitne aate hein aage

rock on
    Jit

Yaar Jit

How do you have a voting?

Go ahead and start it, if you know how to create the thread.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Alright, seems like I will have to start and do the "jo bole, so kundi khole!" kinda kahaawat myself...
    You see, ever since I brought up the issue about 'biceps/triceps' a while ago, hoping that some of us would jump to my friendly banter and baiting; (per yhaan to ulta ho gaya), nothing happpened and this thread got buried under heaps of other posts and seemed to have run outta gas...

Anyways bhaiyon, here's to bumping this very useful thread back up and my attempt to jumpstart the 'Dole-Shole' debate by posting a picture of yours truly from a Departmental 'Retreat' last year, [the Retreat (these American's love to do that BS), was on an outdoor theme and conducted at the Miami Zoo Conference Hall, with outdoor activities involved. Hence obviously the non-typical retreat dress code you see here...]...

So anyways, this is somewhat my progress in the journey of staying in shape...

So ok, whose next???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	At the Retreat.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	856  
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Hehehe

Kinda amazed that the threads still alive.

Working off my a**

Hehehe

Kinda amazed that the threads still alive.

Working off my a**
    Well, maybe then you can start doing a chain of 'Before' (and hopefully progressive 'Afters'! Heh! Heh! Just Kidding!)

!

any of u guys out there know d correct ways n types of pranayam?
    n well, any idea about pilates?
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

Quote Originally Posted by deepshika
    Nope Pinks (or maybe it is Deepshika ), but you could sure chime in and enlighten some of us Jatland members!
    [Have heard about Pilates a lil' but understand it is mostly girlie stuff :rolleyes: (though I am sure I might well be blissfully unaware and wrong....)]

!

no, hudda ji, i was ASKIN u , n i donno bout these...
    let me know, in case u get 2 hear .....
    bt only the right ways, else it proves 2 b harmful !
    Quote Originally Posted by shailendra
    Nope Pinks (or maybe it is Deepshika ), but you could sure chime in and enlighten some of us Jatland members!
    [Have heard about Pilates a lil' but understand it is mostly girlie stuff :rolleyes: (though I am sure I might well be blissfully unaware and wrong....)]
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

Cool

hey! Liz,
    I've been doin yoga & Pranayam for last 2 yrs regualry & I guess I can be counted as intermediate student in this scientific art or artistic science....so what do u wanna know about pranayam.....as for pilates....its just a refinded version of ancient Yoga.....n its ture....kinda girlish thing....in simple words....its kinda light static streching.......btw u r a phsiotherapist, u should have enough knowledge about strechings

Btw, tell me what do u wanna know about pranayam, I know many.....Bastrika, Kapalbhati, nadi-shodan, kumbak, anulom-vilom, satakari, sitali, brahmari, udgit, tri-band, wahyapranayam, samvriti & surya n chandra bedhan.....there're lot more, which I'm learning now days

If ur curious about yoga....I can tell u a lot about that too

guys n gals, if anybody curious to know anything about fitness science.....I mean yoga, pranayam, meditation, martial arts, streching ( static & dyanmic), cardiovascular, isomatric, isotonic, isokinetic, weight-training etc.....do buzz me I'll be more then happy to share my knowledge!

Bhai Dahiya.....kit chala gaya tha tu....tane ke yaad na se....we've to keep this thread alive forever.... n waht about the VOTING????

rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by deepshika

ram ram hooda bhiasaab -- Jit

Bhaisaab,
    although I dont own a bulky body like arnie or urself....rather I'm working on my body to be like lean mean killin machine Bruce Lee :rolleyes:

Btw, here I come with my pic.....I guess it might disappint u as I dont have dolle-solle like u but its still kinda unique as Jit is here performing a difficult asana :p

Is there any Yogi apart from me, come forward n stick some asna pics

keep fighting fit!

rock on
    Jit

Alright, seems like I will have to start and do the "jo bole, so kundi khole!" kinda kahaawat myself...
    You see, ever since I brought up the issue about 'biceps/triceps' a while ago, hoping that some of us would jump to my friendly banter and baiting; (per yhaan to ulta ho gaya), nothing happpened and this thread got buried under heaps of other posts and seemed to have run outta gas...

Anyways bhaiyon, here's to bumping this very useful thread back up and my attempt to jumpstart the 'Dole-Shole' debate by posting a picture of yours truly from a Departmental 'Retreat' last year, [the Retreat (these American's love to do that BS), was on an outdoor theme and conducted at the Miami Zoo Conference Hall, with outdoor activities involved. Hence obviously the non-typical retreat dress code you see here...]...

So ok, whose next???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jit-yogi.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	859  

ram ram hooda bhiasaab -- Jit

*****double cick ho gaya ;P :D ***********

So ok, whose next???

Bhaisaab,
    although I dont own a bulky body like arnie or urself....rather I'm working on my body to be like lean mean killin machine Bruce Lee :rolleyes:

Btw, here I come with my pic.....I guess it might disappint u as I dont have dolle-solle like u but its still kinda unique as Jit is here performing a difficult asana :p

keep fighting fit!

rock on
    Jit
    ...impressive! ...and Not to miss the full spectrum 'Yogi-under-the-tree' pose too! Rock on Jit, now we are talking! Starting to seem more like a Health and Fitness thread now, for sure.............

Bhaisaab,

keep fighting fit!

rock on
    Jit
    Hey Jit,

post your pictures in all the yogasans you do..Let me see how many of them I do...This one I used to do when I was younger and slim. Once again I have reduced my belly size and started Yogasans. May be I will also get myself photographed in in all the positions after seeing you...LOL

RK^2

Anyone around who does horse riding and knows about horses ? Please guide me how to go about. I am keen to buy a horse or personal use at my farm in India.

RK^2

brother, Polling shuru ho gayi hai...Gharan koi parchi aayi ke nahin?
    Umeed hai ki jyada se jyada member isme shamil hongey...Long live democracy!

Here is the link: http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12206

n waht about the VOTING????
    Last edited by itsnavin; February 10th, 2006 at 10:16 PM.
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.