Thread: KNOWLEDGE TEST- new 1

KNOWLEDGE TEST- new 1

At the frist modern Olympic Games in 1896, winning athletes saw their national flag being raised- which still happens today.
    However AUSTRALIA didnot have a national flag in 1896.
    How did the organisers improvise when an Australian won ?????????????
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

Dudee Sir,

Best guess is they Flied British Flag(Union jak)

Best guess----- but sorryyyy not right.

Dharampal Ji,

I think most appropriate thing would have been to raise the Olympic Flag itself. I really don't know how did they organized, but it may have been one of the most preferred option.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Virender JI
    Nice thinking- but this not happened that way--- because no jat was there to give wise advice.

I I think in 1896 the custom of raising the flag was not followed.

Uramil
    The history & QUESTION confirmed it. sorry

if so then the answer is probably"

Flag of Australasia with the following description:

Union Jack and a blue shield -over a white circle- in the fly with the Southern Croos, crowned by the "Tudor" crown.

OK second best guess,
    Austria's flag.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    LAST GUESS:

PLAIN WHITE FLAG.

OR

KHAMBA(POLE) WITHOUT FLAG.

COMPETED: Athens 1896
    GOLD MEDAL: Men’s 800m track, Men’s 1 500m track
    Edwin FLACK won the first gold medal for Australia in the very first Olympic games held in Athens in 1896. His first gold medal was for the Men’s 800m track. A second gold medal came for the 1 500m race. In 1896, Even though he was an Australian athlete, he ran under the banner of Great Britain. He was always the centre of attention. His strong graceful running style; his two gold medal and magnificent marathon run made him one of the personalities of the Athens games. In the slow time of 4min 33.2secs Flack won the 1 500m final with an extremely close finish. In a time of 2min 11secs he also won the 800m final with the second place-getter trailing by 8 seconds.
    Flack was a young accountant in Melbourne and a well-known athlete. His father encouraged him to go to England to get more experience as an accountant, where he joined the London Athletic club. When he heard the news about the inaugural Olympic celebrations he decided to enter. This is how he got into the Olympic games and became a famous athlete.

DUDEE KAKA RAAM RAAM

MAAFI CHAHTA HUN PAR EK BAAT TO MERI MANANI PADEGI.

THE TRADITION OF :

THE WINNERS CLIMBING THE PODIUM FOR VICTORY CEREMONY & THE WINNER'S COUNTRY'S FLAG BEING RAISED.... STARTED IN 1932....LOS ANGELES.

OLYMPIC HISTORY KE BAARE MAI MERE SAATH PANGE MAT LO......JUST KIDDING.

NOTE: A GOOFY INCIDENT DID TAKE PLACE ONCE (BUT NOT DURING THE VICTORY CEREMONY .....THIS WAS BEFORE 1932) .....AUSTRIA'S FLAG BEING HOISTED IN PLACE OF AUSTRALIA'S. THE REASON.....NON AVAILABILITY OF THE AUSTRALIAN FLAG. THE MASTER OF CEREMONIES MUST HAVE BEEN A JAAT (HAHAHA). DHOOND KE BTA DIYO.

HAPPY HUNTING........

REGARDS.

kapoor singh

Dear ALL -NICE TRY.
    Dear Kapoor singh I was expecting & waiting for your reply- otherwise I got the right answer from -Ranvir.
    Your note is right.
    They used AUSTRIA FLAG_ IN PLACE OF AUSTRALIA -------.

Bhai-Kapoor- panga lenay ko mm hamaysa tayar huu- per MASTER OF CEREMONY DESHI JAT NAHI THA- EUROPEN JAT THA.
    DEASI_JAT HOTA TAO---------
    JASAY COL VIRENDER SINGH JI NY KAHA_-OLYMPIC KA FLAG USE KARTAAAAA.

CHEERS

Dudee ji and Kapoor Bhai,
    Logic te koyee nahi banta Astria ka flag hoist karne ka Australia ki jagah. And I do not think they would have done this by mistake. Any reason/logic for this? It would be more logical to hoist UK flag(My best Guess, Ha Ha Ha) As Australiya was under direct rule of UK at that time and Austria did not had anything to do with Australia except similarity in name. Just curious to know, what was the logic behind this.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

RANVIR BHAI

IT WAS INDEED AUSTRIA'S FLAG. NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE WHY THEY DID NOT USE THE UK FLAG OR THE OLYMPIC FLAG. IN FACT I AM NOT SURE IF THEY HAD AN OLYMPIC FLAG THEN. IF I M NOT WRONG THE CURRENT OLYMPIC FLAG, WITH FIVE RINGS WAS DESIGNED AND INCORPORATED IN OLYMPIC MOVEMENT IN 1913. BUT IF THEY HAD DONE SO THE INCIDENT WOULD NOT HAVE FOUND A PLACE IN OLYMPIC HISTORY............ISN'T IT?

THE ONLY GUESS IN THE HISTORY BOOKS IS ..... THE PERSON IN CHARGE THOUGHT THAT AUSTRALIA IS ALSO CALLED AUSTRIA, SINCE THE NAMES ARE SIMILAR SOUNDING. AND HE HAD MORE REASON TO BELIEVE SINCE THERE WAS NO AUSTRALIAN FLAG AT THE GAMES.

AAPKA TUKKA THEEK BAITH GYA. GOOD THINKING.

Ranvir Singh Dalal (Nov 28, 2002 08:14 a.m.):
    Dudee ji and Kapoor Bhai,
    Logic te koyee nahi banta Astria ka flag hoist karne ka Australia ki jagah. And I do not think they would have done this by mistake. Any reason/logic for this? It would be more logical to hoist UK flag(My best Guess, Ha Ha Ha) As Australiya was under direct rule of UK at that time and Austria did not had anything to do with Australia except similarity in name. Just curious to know, what was the logic behind this.

Ranvir- TOOKA SAHI LAGGAYA
    BAKI_- Research ka subject hh

Yagyavir jasa PAKA JAT HOTA NA
    TA WINNER NY KHAMBA- POLE WITH OUT FLAG
    PER CHADA DEATA---------
    Aur sahi GUESS KARNIYE NN BHI_______
    1 naya sport saru ho jataaa- JATOO