Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spring Jat Meeting April 1st 2006 Edmonton

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Spring Jat Meeting April 1st 2006 Edmonton

Hello everyone,

This is an open invitation to all the Jat bhais, bebes, taus, tais, kakas, kakis, buas and everyone else, for the Spring Jat meeting on April 1st in Edmonton.
    The meeting will be a perfect platform to celebrate our "Jatness", culture, stories, ideas, and experiences. It is also an opportunity to know and meet Jats in this far and away land.
    Many members and prospective members have shown a great interest and confirmed their presence already. The RSVP list is still open please feel free to let us know of your arrival.

Thank you,

P.S. This thread is the result of Jats in Canada thread. For a backgrounder on this meeting please refer to the Jats in Canada thread.

haajiir mastar ji....

je naa samaj aai ho to bhaii.. ya thi aapni haajri... aan aali get together khatar....:D ii!!!!
    don't argue with an idiot... people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Login to view details.
    Kamal you sound very funny and innovative, it will be fun to meet you on April 1st.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by sansanwalamit
    Kamal you sound very funny and innovative, it will be fun to meet you on April 1st.

Cheers,
    i'm excited too amit bhai... :D .. n looking forward to meet you all fine ppl!! ..... reee baaki ke kit rehh gayeeee.....
    don't argue with an idiot... people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Hello everyone,

This is an open invitation to all the Jat bhais, bebes, taus, tais, kakas, kakis, buas and everyone else, for the Spring Jat meeting on April 1st in Edmonton.
    The meeting will be a perfect platform to celebrate our "Jatness", culture, stories, ideas, and experiences. It is also an opportunity to know and meet Jats in this far and away land.
    Many members and prospective members have shown a great interest and confirmed their presence already. The RSVP list is still open please feel free to let us know of your arrival.

Thank you,

P.S. This thread is the result of Jats in Canada thread. For a backgrounder on this meeting please refer to the Jats in Canada thread.
    Kyaa baat ke sahab!!!! Maza aaega boss!
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds... Albert Einstien

Venue and Menu

Here's what we have decided (tentatively) so far:

Date and Time:Apr 1, 2006 at 7:00 PM

Venue: Haveli, downtown Edmonton

Menu:
    a) Vegetarian or Non-Vegetarian???
    b) Drinks?????

Dr. Mehta parking won't be a problem at all there at Haveli as I know for sure that there is enough covered parking there and the owner is family friend so we could get better deal in terms of price and specially the food and service quality

If the members are more than five families coming from out side we can go ahead and arrange for a Hotel other wise I think they can just stay with us.

Everybody Please advice ASAP as time is running out here!!!!
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds... Albert Einstien

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by chhillar

Menu:
    b) Drinks?????

Dr. Mehta parking won't be a problem at all there at Haveli as I know for sure that there is enough covered parking there and the owner is family friend so we could get better deal in terms of price and specially the food and service quality

If the members are more than five families coming from out side we can go ahead and arrange for a Hotel other wise I think they can just stay with us.

Everything sounds good to me and I hope to others as well. Some of my concerns and suggestions are as follows:
    • May be we can start a bit early, something like at 5 or 6 I suppose. More time more fun.
    • Being a vegetarian myself I would always suggest vegetarian menu, but the menu should cater to everyone's choices.
    • Drinks, well I suggest the staple Jat drink of Scotch alongwith usual beer and wine.
    • Haweli sounds perfect, its a good location and parking doesnt seem to be a problem anymore, and the food is good too. For further information and comments please check out http://www.ualberta.ca/EDMONTON/REST.../rest.430.html

So everything looks good so far, I am just wondering why those members who have agreed to come in person are shying away from posting it here. Dahiya Ji, Dangi Ji please post your positive responses here so that other members are also encouraged to join us.

Thanks

I liked the day chosen for the meet : April 1st!..

Have fun!!

Thumbs up

Bhai Log,
    Great Goin,
    gud to c my Tauji (Dr. Mehta) is also joinin u
    Wish I would be there anyways, better luck next time,
    have fun, party hard & Rock the edmonton!!!!!

All the Best, Cheers!!!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by chhillar

Menu:
    b) Drinks?????

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by poonam

Have fun!!
    hhhmmmm.....1 april.... reee dekhiyoo... meet meet ke chaakar me kaadee... phuull bane paaaave... ha ha ...pher to me aapna nick fool4meet dhaar lunga... :D !!!

i agree with amit bhai.. i think we sud start a lil..early.... 5ishh..!!!
    we sudn't forget abt ppl...who still follow... the indian standard time.. thing!! :D

Three of us from Vancouver will be coming to attend the party. Looking forward to see Jat brothers.

J.S.Dangi
    Vinay Choudhary
    Narendra Sherawat
    न दैन्यं न पलायनम्

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangi
    Three of us from Vancouver will be coming to attend the party. Looking forward to see Jat brothers.

J.S.Dangi
    Vinay Choudhary
    Narendra Sherawat
    Thank you very much Dangi jee, the excitement for the party has trebled after hearing this good news. Looking forward to see you on 1st, good luck for your journey.

Its saturday.. thats why I guess... chalna hai kya wahan... aap aayen to hum bhi aani ki try kar sakte hein:-)))

-vinod
    Quote Originally Posted by poonam

Have fun!!
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks
    Its saturday.. thats why I guess... chalna hai kya wahan... aap aayen to hum bhi aani ki try kar sakte hein:-)))
    -vinod

Chalo chalte hai...
    chalte chalte...main chalna shuru kar rahi hoon,,..ab tum bhi shuru ho jao Vinod...:D

PS. Amit gussa ho jayega ...thread mat deviate karo...
    Last edited by poonam; March 25th, 2006 at 12:54 AM.

Stay for Dangi saab and Party

Well...Dangi saab you guys are all welcome to stay at my place while in Edmonton; could pick you guys up from airport too if you guys are flying...let us know you itineraries

Poonam: App log aoge to Amit gussa kyoun hoga bhai...aajao!!!

Bhai Jagdish,

Mane to Tai te milna tha or unka naam na likh rakha, disappointing for me. I will be very happy if your family also accompany with you.

Rajender

Quote Originally Posted by dangi

J.S.Dangi
    Vinay Choudhary
    Narendra Sherawat
    Safety Saves

Hamara naam likh lena

Amit,

I was away from Calgary, so late reply. Hum to pakke hain bhai.

Hum Charon Char pahunch jayenge;

Rajender
    Sarika
    Ayush
    Priyal

Rajender

Everything sounds good to me and I hope to others as well. Some of my concerns and suggestions are as follows:
    • May be we can start a bit early, something like at 5 or 6 I suppose. More time more fun.
    • Being a vegetarian myself I would always suggest vegetarian menu, but the menu should cater to everyone's choices.
    • Drinks, well I suggest the staple Jat drink of Scotch alongwith usual beer and wine.
    • Haweli sounds perfect, its a good location and parking doesnt seem to be a problem anymore, and the food is good too. For further information and comments please check out http://www.ualberta.ca/EDMONTON/REST.../rest.430.html

So everything looks good so far, I am just wondering why those members who have agreed to come in person are shying away from posting it here. Dahiya Ji, Dangi Ji please post your positive responses here so that other members are also encouraged to join us.

Thanks
    Safety Saves

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajender_dahiya
    Amit,

I was away from Calgary, so late reply. Hum to pakke hain bhai.

Hum Charon Char pahunch jayenge;

Rajender
    Sarika
    Ayush
    Priyal

Rajender
    Thank you Dahiya Jee, sun ke bada achcha laga and finally tasalli bhi pad gi. And if you have any suggestions please let us know.

Thanks,

Amit

Meeting Agenda

Amit,

My suggestion:Agenda

6-7 PM, Welcome and gathering, guiding lost people in edmonton & appetizers.

7-8 PM Introduction in details, one by one, continue snacks.

8-9 PM: Bingo play and other entertainment for kids and family

9-10 PM: Dinner, preferrably vegetarian (Majority)

10 PM onwards, chating, deserts and other activities.

This is suggestion only.
    Safety Saves

Quote Originally Posted by rajender_dahiya
    Amit,

My suggestion:Agenda

6-7 PM, Welcome and gathering, guiding lost people in edmonton & appetizers.

7-8 PM Introduction in details, one by one, continue snacks.

8-9 PM: Bingo play and other entertainment for kids and family

9-10 PM: Dinner, preferrably vegetarian (Majority)

10 PM onwards, chating, deserts and other activities.

This is suggestion only.
    That sounds good!!