Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative Movies of all Times

This thread shd be moved to time-pass section. its nothing more than chit-chat... there is no useful discussion possible on favorite movies...

-vinod
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

dont u think most useful discussion often come out of chit chats ...anyway, since i agree- do u know how to do that?? or is it just the moderator who can move it?

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks
    This thread shd be moved to time-pass section. its nothing more than chit-chat... there is no useful discussion possible on favorite movies...

-vinod

Bhai koe inn saari posttan ka GERRA bhar ke Time pass mei bagga dyo.......Binod dukhi nahi karya jaga katti.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Wo baat na sae kakaji... kuchh thread sachmuch mein timepass hoti hain... baki sab theek... aur bataiye kya chal raha hai jingadi mein.

-vinod

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya
    Bhai koe inn saari posttan ka GERRA bhar ke Time pass mei bagga dyo.......Binod dukhi nahi karya jaga katti.
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks
    Wo baat na sae kakaji... kuchh thread sachmuch mein timepass hoti hain... baki sab theek... aur bataiye kya chal raha hai jingadi mein.

-vinod

I was just pulling your leg bhai....just to cheer up things.Life couldn't have been better dear...loving every thing about it.Tu appni sunna...how are the studies going on? Keep doing well in life...my best wishes are always there with you.God bless!
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Thumbs down bhai saab saangwaan,,, david dhawaan ki baat na chaala rahey aarey

sangwaan bhai saab,,,,,hum too aarey
    fernando ,,, steven,,,, ,,, shyam benegal,,,, ramu ,,,ki filmaan ki baat karan laag rahey sein,,,, ismein choo mein kyu aao so ???:rolleyes: is there any diff between the thread " reviews of books" ? we r just discussing sm quality movies,,, which we`ve seen,,,, ,,, aur yu ,,,films ,,, cinema,, theatre,,documentary,,, drama,,, play,,,,,, nirra time pass ka sauda na hoya karta..:rolleyes:
    Bollywood , India’s film industry, is the largest in the world. It produces over 900 films a year in more than 8 languages.

I have been watching Indian films for so long, I know that if I attempted to make a film, I would succeed in showing real life drama :p :p {kidding}

There are so many examples of movies not really showing reality and it does bother me at times– I mean, its obvious when you watch a David Dhawan film, you’ll shut off your brain.........:D
    baaki ek bey yu khatka bhi dabba key dekh lo ,,,,,
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11925,,,,,,, issmein nirra thook billowan ke 51 reply aa rahey sey:eek: ,,,,,,, bina baat ke
    Last edited by downtoearth; March 23rd, 2006 at 02:42 AM.
    I dont have personality,i am mere statistics.I used to be "downtoearth". Now this is my present name. Do i possess a name, a face ,an individuality ?:rolleyes:

Cool documentaries

there are a few documentaries which i found really facsinating......
    march of the penguins
    fahreneit 911
    .. more cuming soonn....
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    There is one documentary which is also quite interesting...

"Grizzly Man" which explores the life and death of amateur grizzly bear expert and wildlife preservationist Timothy Treadwell. Treadwell lived unarmed among the bears for thirteen summers, and filmed his adventures in the wild during his final five seasons.

More or less all the movies mentioned above are simply excellent, not seen all though.!

Heavy names coming though.. ….and my favorites: Schindler's list, The Godfather, Life is beautiful. Adding onto the list are my favorites: Philadelphia, Shakespeare in Love, A Beautiful Mind and many more actually!!

Lekin Bollywood movies ka koi muqabla nahi…hai kya?..

How can anyone forget those sweet simple comedies full of warmth and ‘feel good’ long lasting impression created by none other than our own beloved Hrishikesh Mukherjee. That era of his infinite ‘supercool’ movies like Chupke-Chupke, Guddi, Bawarchi(to name a few) had a different flavor and even today if I get a chance I think I would like to watch his movies and relish that simplicity and warmth and the way he understood and portrayed common man/ human nature be it through satire or comedy. These movies take you to a different world: simple and realistic to identify with and the contentment is hard to describe in words!

I personally adore such ‘light’ movies and they captivate and motivate me somehow! You know that ‘feel good’ feeling.. !

Then some of his masterpieces though…Anand, Abhimaan types- truly remarkable- again with a realistic foundation but wonderfully presented!
    Last edited by poonam; March 23rd, 2006 at 03:24 AM.

Login to view details.
    There is a movie inspired by a true story "DHOOP".This story is inspired by a true life story of parents of Captain Anuj Nayyar of 17 Jat, who was killed in the southwest sector of Tiger Hill on July 5, 1999. For more authenticity, the story is set against backdrop of Delhi, where Nayyars live. This story encapsulates strong emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by rana1979
    There is a movie inspired by a true story "DHOOP".This story is inspired by a true life story of parents of Captain Anuj Nayyar of 17 Jat, who was killed in the southwest sector of Tiger Hill on July 5, 1999. For more authenticity, the story is set against backdrop of Delhi, where Nayyars live. This story encapsulates strong emotions.
    and directed by our own Ashvini Chaudhary....

i think we are getting a nice collection of names of meaningful cinema here....

have been meaning to watch 'march of the penguins'...isn't it the one which got an oscar or something??

Fahrenneit is good too...there's another one by Michael Moore called 'bowling for columbine' which is about gun culture in the US....but Moore has been criticised for his somewhat intuitive interpretations and self- constructed scenes in his movies..

Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya
    there are a few documentaries which i found really facsinating......
    march of the penguins
    fahreneit 911
    .. more cuming soonn....

poonam, thanks for remembering chupke chupke....i was trying to remember the name but it didn't come through when i was thinking of old hindi movies...it was a hilarious movie and as you mentioned with the earthiness and simple acting ....sometimes its the simplicity which is hard to attain in movies....

the songs in Abhimaan...aha aha...kya gaane hain...

Quote Originally Posted by poonam
    More or less all the movies mentioned above are simply excellent, not seen all though.!

Heavy names coming though.. ….and my favorites: Schindler's list, The Godfather, Life is beautiful. Adding onto the list are my favorites: Philadelphia, Shakespeare in Love, A Beautiful Mind and many more actually!!

Lekin Bollywood movies ka koi muqabla nahi…hai kya?..

How can anyone forget those sweet simple comedies full of warmth and ‘feel good’ long lasting impression created by none other than our own beloved Hrishikesh Mukherjee. That era of his infinite ‘supercool’ movies like Chupke-Chupke, Guddi, Bawarchi(to name a few) had a different flavor and even today if I get a chance I think I would like to watch his movies and relish that simplicity and warmth and the way he understood and portrayed common man/ human nature be it through satire or comedy. These movies take you to a different world: simple and realistic to identify with and the contentment is hard to describe in words!

I personally adore such ‘light’ movies and they captivate and motivate me somehow! You know that ‘feel good’ feeling.. !

Then some of his masterpieces though…Anand, Abhimaan types- truly remarkable- again with a realistic foundation but wonderfully presented!

sounds interesting....

has anyone seen 'The Gods must be Crazy' as a kid....

Quote Originally Posted by rana1979
    There is one documentary which is also quite interesting...

"Grizzly Man" which explores the life and death of amateur grizzly bear expert and wildlife preservationist Timothy Treadwell. Treadwell lived unarmed among the bears for thirteen summers, and filmed his adventures in the wild during his final five seasons.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by priti
    sounds interesting....

still cant stop rolling on floor.......and so now I have both the parts....though 3rd is not so gud.....but all time fav.
    a few more gud flicks which i can go on and on........
    Criminal........old version with spanish guy...
    Rocky 4.......alwayz a motivating movis some how:rolleyes: music is disaster
    the God the Bad and the Ugly.......some how find it funny
    reservoir dogs.....
    Dil chata hai......
    Dirty dancing...

cant remeber all of them........:D...chicky
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Login to view details.

All time favourite movie!!!

Yeah Priti !!!! I love watching this movie 'The Gods must be Crazy' !!!

There is a movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" , this is also a very good one!!!!

sounds interesting....

Some of the movies touched me and i feel like watching again and again are:

Gods Must Be Crazy(1&2)
    God Father
    Ten Commandments
    McNnnna's Gold
    Changej KHAN

Shree 420
    Mera Naam Joker
    Mother India
    Sholay
    Muna Bhai MBBS
    Dhoop

Manne tera yo khatka daab diya tha nu soch kai ak kimme badhiya sauda pavega....sahi bilo rakhya sai kati....anyways....i like Horror n Sci-fi movies and Art movies....the list is already given so no need to copy-n-paste but other my fav are....
    The Gladiator
    The Rock
    Night of the living Dead
    Rome
    Too fast Too Furious
    The Ring
    these are apart from most of the given in the list....

baaki ek bey yu khatka bhi dabba key dekh lo ,,,,,
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11925,,,,,,, issmein nirra thook billowan ke 51 reply aa rahey sey:eek: ,,,,,,, bina baat ke[/quote]
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Thumbs up ....sholay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya
    just before i wud say any thing just go and watch (1960s) THE MAGNIFICANT SEVEN...........where 7 cowboys fight dakoits & like later our veeru and jai of sholay(1975):eek: ........
    any way it(sholay) was a gr8 all time movie.......but i wont say that it was much creative when you see the western flick first......lol

.........many more.....
    Naw!Naw Keshav... Sholay was and remains a classic even when and after you watch those spaghetti westerns first! I am sorry to start the discussion on 'Sholay' again, Priti (you the starter of the thread, and the rest spoke a bit of it and seem to have moved on...Heh! Heh! But remember I had said I was gonna come back to this!?!).... so here goes:

While it is interesting that you brought up 'The Magnificent Seven' Keshav, as Sholay did seem to have borrowed the concept of the whole 'hiring-mercenaries-to-get-a-job-done' from that movie...but at the same time it never really copied any scenes; whereas the real truth on copying anything from anywhere is; and if any of you have watched those famous Clint Eastwood flicks, (you just gotta! remember 'The good, the bad and the Ugly'???)...and have watched his two movies: 'Fistful of Dollars' and a 'For a few Dollars more' you wouldn't miss recognizing the couple of scenes that were borrowed/lifted off directly from there in Sholay; Namely- the piece where the whole family is cut down (each one getting shot and the image going still at that point, and then with them falling in slow mo. Down to the last part of that scene where the villain approaches the final survivor; the lil' boy, and raises his rifle...only to have the final ring of the shot being drowned into the next scene- that of the whistle of an arriving train!)...and also the part where the main villain strikes down a running ant/spider on his wrist...

HAVING SAID THAT: while these scenes and flavor, ambience were borrowed, but man did our movie Sholay do justice to each and every of it's scene, and then some! (I mean, look how aaj ki movies lift scenes directly, no creativity; just simple copying word to word)....but that's why Sholay is so much more special; it recreated a drama that could only be called of an Indian flavor at best. It used a theme and then got under the skin of it! Made it it's own and even much more better than any original idea!!!.............................
    Last edited by shailendra; March 23rd, 2006 at 11:34 PM.
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to shailendra For This Useful Post:

cooljat (October 20th, 2012)

Anyone saw Sin City and liked it??
    ...Hmmm, yeah... it was ok! I was getting a lil' put off with the whole black and white, comic book style of filming. Wanted to switch the DVD off and pick up a good DC comic book instead! LOL...:rolleyes:

Now Priti, I remember you ealier mentioned 'The Constant Gardener', right? Well, I have watched it and wanted to ask what is that you liked in there that it fell under your fav list?... Don't get me wrong; not questioning your call and I liked the movie too, sorta (it kept me intrigued and glued all along at least) but just as a discussion...
    (people who haven't seen the movie and are planning to watch can stop reading right here! :D )
    I will tell you my thoughts: While the whole concept (Medical companies making a killing in the poor third world countries)...was worth a subject, and they show the main leads bring the culprits to justice and thus raise a warning sign to the world over, but the way the whole story was put together seemed somehow far-fetched to me (or at least the way the director showed it, did!)...
    Consider this; here is a guy who works with a big organization, takes in a mutinous woman as a wife... ignores all his other colleauges warnings on her; loses her eventually, realizes what was happening and then proceeds to take up the world all by himself!!! A guy who is shown as mild mannered and non-dominant is suddenly shown calling the shots everywhere!...he loves her enough to go on a warpath, but apparently had no time to listen when she was talking in the first place!...and then the ending of the movie (and that was the limit for me!) he just sits down and waits for death to walk up to him... what an anticlimax! I was shocked by it! (I guess the male ego in me failed to see eye to eye on that!)... I dunno, the movie was interesting, or should I say 'good' at best!

The movie was hyped a lil' bit at the Oscar's too, and got the lead actress one of the gold baldies for the supporting role, right? (she looks stunning, BTW)
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...