Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32

Thread: Creative Movies of all Times

Thumbs up Khamoshi - Class act, a master piece

Happened to watch Khamoshi (1969) this weekend, it was due for long and finally found a good print on Youtube. It's certainly one of the finest movie ever made in history of Bollywood. This is so haunting I couldn't sleep well that night and unrest lasted for couple of days. I'm not good at writing reviews so found a good one that do justice to the movie. Movie is pure classic and deserves 5 star!

One of Waheeda Rahman’s landmark movies, Khamoshi was way ahead of its time in terms of its bold plot and courageous climax.

Frame by frame, the film was like a well-planned project that leaves its impact on the viewer by focusing on the inner turmoil of the protagonist — Radha (played by Waheeda). One rarely finds a Hindi film that revolves around a female character and rarer is the control while zooming in on the leading lady.

Waheeda is absolutely at her best in the film with subtle change of moods. Her eyes speak a thousand words. Without resorting to any fretting or ranting, she sails through like a huge ship on an ocean. That year, she was nominated in the Best Actress category at the Filmfare Awards but missed it narrowly. Rajesh Khanna and Nasser Hussain (as the head doctor of the asylum) also deliver solid performances, while Dharmendra’s is only a guest appearance. But the way Dharmendra’s presence has been treated tells us a lot about the director’s mature handling of the subject. The actor hardly faces the camera but leaves a lot of impact. His appearance in flashes depicts that he is the dream man of the protagonist whose dream remains unfulfilled. The film is technically sound and the dialogues are pithy and striking.

Innovative cinematography by Kamal Bose makes it a work of art. Bose later got the Filmfare Award for his exquisite work. Music, directed by Hemant Kumar, is another strong point of the movie. Gulzar’s golden words combined with melodious compositions weave the ultimate romantic atmosphere with a touch of reality. All the songs are among the all-time hits and the singers are extraordinary in their performances.

Be it “Tum pukar lo…tumhara intezaar hai” by Hemant Kumar, or the “Woh shaam kuch ajeeb thi” by Kishore Kumar or “Humne dekhi hai in aankhon ki mehekti khushboo” by Lata Mangeshkar, each one is just magic to the ears.
    The movie is one of the gems that would always make the Hindi film industry feel proud of its past.

Read Full Review: http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/08/16/stories/2008081653140600.htm

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

I urge all to watch 'Vishwaroop' at least once to enjoy and celebrate Kamal Haasan's another masterpiece. I couldn't understand why there was so much unnecessary uproar!

I recommend Christoph Watltz fine acting in movie 'Django Unchained' (9.5/10)

I watched it a day before Oscar 2013, and was hoping he should win his nomination for the best supporting actor, and he won.

@ Jit Takhar,

You gonna love this movie, i'm sure you probably would have already watched. It's the kind you have always liked.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

cooljat (February 26th, 2013), rekhasmriti (February 27th, 2013)

Watched Oscar 2013 best picture win 'Argo' yesterday.

It's an ordinary average movie. Lincoln was the best bet, if not Silver lining or Django Unchained.

Better watch 'Raid on Entebbe' in the same genere, rescue plan hijack hostages by Israeli Mossad.
    Last edited by ssgoyat; February 27th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.

It's an ordinary average movie

In agreement , if this would have not been based on true incident , then it would be like typical drama movie ( however it was fun watching that movie)

My vote would have been gone to Amour for best picture ( I have not watched beasts of southern wild )

I also find best actress Jennifer Lawrence for Silverlinings Play Book not up to the mark

Kind of same happened when " American Beauty " got Oscar for best picture years almost a decade back in spite of the fact the movie was Okay

Won't this be a worthwhile effort to share ideas about Bollywood Hindi movies than to talk about Hollywood blockbusters? This is perhaps like presenting views on some Tamil or Kannad film before a north Indian... ha... ha... ha...

Note: Please don't take my opinion negatively as I don't mean to hurt anyone. I presume that most of us on this site are not so much 'angrez'!

With due respect Mandeep Ji .. this thread's title says "Creative Movies" and if you go thro' old posts you will come to know that here both Hollywood and Bollywood movies are discussed. There's already a thread about latest movies reviews. That might be of your interest.

Art speaks universal language and touches your feelings. It will be certainly wrong to discriminate it with the languages.

Cheers
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by mandeep333 View Post
    Won't this be a worthwhile effort to share ideas about Bollywood Hindi movies than to talk about Hollywood blockbusters? This is perhaps like presenting views on some Tamil or Kannad film before a north Indian... ha... ha... ha...

Note: Please don't take my opinion negatively as I don't mean to hurt anyone. I presume that most of us on this site are not so much 'angrez'!
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Kinara - A rare gem from Gulzar's treasure, classy and deep touching.

Beautiful is not quite the word for it. Melancholic? A film that conveys the joy of being sad? A shade closer but it does not quite sum up Gulzar’s “Kinara”, a film that can be seen on a long, lonely afternoons. Not to drive away anguish or soak in sorrow but merely to understand that there are others who have similarly experienced the pathos, the angst of love. It is a feeling that lives, no breathes, through every frame of this film that does the unexpected in the most unpredictable of ways.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cin...cle4857078.ece