Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tips for use of Hindi on your computer

Question windows 2000

How do you get hindi on windows 2000
    Peace Out
    Nonu

Thanks for the useful Info

घनय़वाद देसवाल जी....

But I cud nt make which key for half word like 'n' in dhanyawad... It wud be so nice of you if yu can help that also.
    Keep Believing in Yourself and Your Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by nonu View Post
    How do you get hindi on windows 2000
    Please download ‘Mangal’ font from some website and install it in ‘fonts’ folder under “Control Panel”. Click here for installing it free. Then, at least you would be able to see Hindi threads and posts put up by me at Jatland.

If you want to type in Hindi and post on Jatland, download the free software from www.baraha.com This is good for many Indian languages including Sanskrit, Marathi and Hindi. I am using this software for putting all my Hindi/ Haryanavi posts at Jatland.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    Please download ‘Mangal’ font from some website and install it in ‘fonts’ folder under “Control Panel”. Click here for installing it free. Then, at least you would be able to see Hindi threads and posts put up by me at Jatland.

If you want to type in Hindi and post on Jatland, download the free software from www.baraha.com This is good for many Indian languages including Sanskrit, Marathi and Hindi. I am using this software for putting all my Hindi/ Haryanavi posts at Jatland.
    Thanks A Lot it worked
    Peace Out
    Nonu

thanks DDji...it works perfectly well...my next post will be in hindi

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    धन्यवाद देसवाल जी..ये सॉफ़्ट्वेयर तो वाकई अद्भुत है..मजा आ गया
    Last edited by pnauhwar21; January 23rd, 2007 at 03:44 AM.
    What if God was one of us...?

Hindi

Dhanywad Deswal Sahab

Per yea batao yea yahan per copy paste karna hoga kya.

Karmveer
    Last edited by skarmveer; January 25th, 2007 at 03:06 PM.
    WORD IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I M POSSIBLE.

Apologising dosent mean that U are wrong & the other is right.....It only means that U value the relationship much more than ur ego.

Quote Originally Posted by skarmveer View Post
    Dhanywad Deswal Sahab

Per yea batao yea yahan per copy paste karna hoga kya.

Karmveer
    Text can be saved in MS word also, by copy-paste, using 'Barahapad' - can be pasted on Jatland posts also. There is another icon under "Baraha" called 'Barahadirect', through which text can be typed directly on the browser on Jatland posts. But I would not advise this until you are adapted well to the keyboard.

For good practice on keyboard: Open 'Barahapad'. You will see a ? sign on the extreme right on the top (menu bar). Click it and then open "Hindi Transliteration system'. Take a print of this page and keep it with you. It would be useful for typing difficult words like gÉ Á Xû G I M×ü
    etc.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Linux Hindi

Quote Originally Posted by shalini View Post
    What can be done to work in Hindi in Linux. Though there is an option of selecting regional language as Hindi, the display is not proper. Also
    the web browsers (Mozilla & Mozilla firefox) on linux (redhat fedora core 2), do not display Hindi fonts properly at least on my machine. Even in window, mozilla firefox doesn't displays the hindi fonts though I have Installed the true type fonts on the machine. Can any body help???
    A lot of us use linux as our primary desktop and face no problems usually. As for mozilla, you need CTL enabled builds. Just do a search on google if your distribution does not do it by default.

Although in modern distributions, it should work out of the box, I am not sure about fedora because I moved to debian and then ubuntu and have never repented. If you don't have a cd/dvd for a recent distribution, you can request free ubuntu cds to be delivered to you from their website. www.ubuntu.com .

Lightbulb Firfox Browser Bug!!!

Dear Jatlanders,

Kindly use MS Internet Explorer while browsing text in Hindi here on Jatland or anywhere.....I found out a irritating bug in Firefox!!

Firfox browser shows correct matras wrong!!! so you might have come across that hindi text is shown with wrong matras....so better use Internet Explorer while browsing text in hindi!!!

Hope it helps!!

Rock on
    Jit
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Problem with copy paste of Hindi text

I am facing a problem while copy paste of Hindi text. For example one line of Hindi copied from a word file with kruti font becomes following text. Can some body suggest a solution.

vk;ksZ dk mn~xe rFkk oSfnd] jkek;.k] egkHkkjr vkSj
    ckS)&dkyhu fLFkfr

If I type on a web type writer or Jatland Wiki Hindi symbols there is no problem in copy paste but it takes a lot of time to type there. Please find the way how to go about in above so that a lot of time can be saved.
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    I am facing a problem while copy paste of Hindi text. For example one line of Hindi copied from a word file with kruti font becomes following text. Can some body suggest a solution.

ckS)&dkyhu fLFkfr

If I type on a web type writer or Jatland Wiki Hindi symbols there is no problem in copy paste but it takes a lot of time to type there. Please find the way how to go about in above so that a lot of time can be saved.
    I pasted the following text on a MS Word document, highlighted it and chose font ‘KrutiPad 100’.

ckS)&dkyhu fLFkfr

The following text appeared in Word document, which is copied below:

ckS)&dkyhu fLFkfr

I am using browser Internet Explorer 6.0. Please try it in case you are using a different browser. Hope Kruti fonts are installed on your computer. I am still not sure if all of you are reading the Hindi text above, because of font problem.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Deswalji,

Not able to see back hindi line. It is in English only.
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    Deswalji,

Not able to see back hindi line. It is in English only.
    Please download HindiPad from following link. Then, Hindi text will be visible in my above post.

http://itbix.com/download.php

Though you will be able to paste Hindi text at Jatland (as I have done), it may not be visible to other users (though it will be visible on your computer). For this sole reason, I use 'Mangal' font which is pre-installed in WinXP system. Recently, some on-line Hindi newspapers have switched over to Mangal font - notably 'Daily Jagran' which earlier used to work on its own 'Jagran' font.

But there is one advantage. After downloading KrutiDev fonts, one can type in MS Word by selecting "KrutiPad 010" etc. The keyboard will be converted into Devnagri typewriter (such as used by 'Godrej' typewriters). Its use on the Web, however, is problematic due to non-compatibility with popular OPs like WinXP etc. and related browzers like IE 6.0 etc.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Thumbs up Easy to use! Online English-Hindi convertor Tool

Hi! Jatland,

I got a very easy to use online English-Hindi conversion tool,

just click - http://www.technoarea.org/hindi/hindi.html

keep writin in Hindi.....it always feel gud to read in Hindi!!

Rock on
    Jit
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Google has a new transliteration tool

ये लो गूगल की नई गूगली ! अगर पसंद न आए तो पूरे पैसे वापस!

http://www.google.com/transliterate/indic
    Do more, love more

The magic of UNICODE

यूनिकोड का चमत्कार

पहले अंग्रेजी का वर्चस्व विश्व भर में उतना नहीं फैला था जितना कि इंटरनेट के माध्यम से रातों-रात फैल गया है। UNESCO के अनुसार आज इंटरनेट पर उपलब्ध सूचनाओं का लगभग 82 प्रतिशत भाग अंग्रेजी या रोमन आधारित भाषाओं में है, सिर्फ 18 प्रतिशत भाग अन्य भाषाओं में है और भारतीय भाषाओं में तो इसका भाग एक प्रतिशत से भी कम है ।

आखिर ऐसी कौन-सी दिक्कतें है जिनके कारण इंटरनेट पर हिंदी और भारतीय भाषाओं में पर्याप्त सूचनाएं उपलब्ध नहीं है? आखिर क्या है यह यूनिकोड? क्या यह अलादीन का चिराग है, जिसके उपयोग से हिंदी और भारतीय भाषाओं में सूचनाएं अनायास ही इंटरनेट पर आ जाएंगी?

इस समय हिंदी में इंटरनेट पर उपलब्ध वेबसाइटों और ब्लागों को हम तीन श्रेणियों में विभाजित कर सकते है । सर्वप्रथम वे वेबसाइट, जिन्हे खोलने के लिए किसी फांट विशेष को डाउनलोड करना पड़ता है, जिसका परिणाम यह होता है कि तकनीकी जानकारी न रखने वाला आम उपयोगकर्ता उसका उपयोग नहीं कर पाता और फिर हर वेबसाइट के लिए अलग फांट डाउनलोड करना भी कम झंझट का काम नहीं है । इसके अलावा ऐसी वेबसाइट में उपलब्ध सूचनाओं को सर्च के माध्यम से खोजा भी नहीं जा सकता । भारत सरकार की अधिकांश वेबसाइट इसी श्रेणी की है । दूसरी वेबसाइट वे है जिनके लिए dynamic font का उपयोग किया जाता है । डायनामिक फांट HTML डिजाइन का एक नया रूप है, जिसकी सहायता से किसी भी फांट में निर्मित वेबसाइट की विषयवस्तु को उपयोगकर्ता फांट विशेष को डाउनलोड किए बिना ही देख और पढ़ सकता है । हिंदी के अधिकांश समाचार पत्र इसी श्रेणी के अंतर्गत आते है, लेकिन डायनामिक फांट में निर्मित वेबसाइट को न तो आप word आदि में save कर सकते है और न ही इसमें संकलित विषय वस्तु को सर्च के माध्यम से खोजा जा सकता है। इससे यह स्पष्ट है कि इंटरनेट पर इन दोनों प्रकार की वेबसाइटों का कोई अस्तित्व ही नहीं है और इस प्रकार वेबसाइट बनाने का मूल उद्देश्य ही नष्ट हो जाता है।

यह विडंबना है कि आज भी कंप्यूटर पर भारतीय भाषाओं के अधिकांश उपयोगकर्ता सिस्टम और फांट की असंगतता के कारण ई-मेल, चैट, टेंपलेट, आटो टेक्स्ट, स्पेल चेक जैसे कंप्यूटर के सामान्य अनुप्रयोगों का भी उपयोग करने में हिचकिचाते है । यही कारण है कि कंप्यूटर पर हिंदी के उपयोगकर्ता आज भी शब्द संसाधन तक ही सीमित है । शब्द संसाधन के अंतर्गत भी वे कंप्यूटर पर हिंदी में टाइप करने मात्र को ही हिंदी कंप्यूटिंग समझने लगते है । बहुत ही कम उपयोगकर्ता ऐसे है जो हिंदी और अन्य भारतीय भाषाओं में पावर पाइंट, एक्सेल और एक्सेस आदि का उपयोग करते है या इंटरनेट पर हिंदी में खोज जैसी सुविधाओं का उपयोग करते हैं । इसका मुख्य कारण अब तक तो यही था कि भारतीय भाषाओं में विभिन्न सिस्टमों के आर-पार कोई समान मानक प्रचलित नहीं था । वैश्वीकरण के इस युग में विविध प्रकार के प्लेटफार्म, फांट और सिस्टम के बावजूद आवश्यकता एक ऐसी मानक कोडिंग प्रणाली की थी जिसके अंतर्गत विश्व की सभी भाषाएं सह-अस्तित्व की भावना के साथ रह सकें । इन समस्याओं का एकमात्र समाधान है- यूनिकोड । हिंदी के व्यापक प्रचार-प्रसार में यूनिकोड की सुविधा क्रांतिकारी परिवर्तन ला सकती है।

आज सभी लिखित भाषाओं के लिए यूनिकोड नामक विश्वव्यापी कोड का उपयोग माइक्रोसाफ्ट, आईबीएम, लाइनेक्स, ओरेकल जैसी विश्व की लगभग सभी कंप्यूटर कंपनियों द्वारा किया जा रहा है । यह कोडिंग सिस्टम फांट मुक्त, प्लेटफार्म मुक्त और ब्राउजर मुक्त है । यूनिकोड, प्रत्येक अक्षर के लिए एक विशेष नंबर प्रदान करता है, चाहे कोई भी प्लैटफॉर्म हो, चाहे कोई भी प्रोग्राम हो, चाहे कोई भी भाषा हो । विंडोज 2000 या उससे ऊपर के सभी कंप्यूटर यूनिकोड support करते है इसलिए यूनिकोड आधारित फांट का उपयोग करने से न केवल हिंदी को आज विश्व की उन्नत भाषाओं के समकक्ष रखा जा सकता है,बल्कि उसकी सहायता से निर्मित वेबसाइट में खोज आदि अधुनातन सुविधाएं भी सहजता से उपलब्ध हो सकती है । पिछले कुछ समय से बड़े हिंदी समाचार पत्र और हिंदी पोर्टल यूनिकोड के महत्व को समझने लगे है और उन्होंने अपनी वेबसाइट के लिए यूनिकोड का प्रयोग शुरू कर दिया है । कुछ नमूने यह हैं :

http://news.google.co.in
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/hindi/
    http://hindi.samachar.com/
    http://www.jagran.com/default.aspx
    http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/

मैं भी यह पोस्ट और जाटलैंड पर मेरी दूसरी हिन्दी पोस्ट के लिये यूनिकोड विधि का प्रयोग कर रहा हूं, इसीलिये यह WIN 2000 और बाद के आपरेटिंग सिस्टम में आसानी से बिना झंझट और बिना कोई फोन्ट डाउनलोड किये पढ़ी जा सकतीं हैं - फोंट भी 'मंगल' है जो यूनिकोड पर आधारित है ।
    Last edited by dndeswal; September 30th, 2007 at 10:04 AM.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Its good efforts to use hindi. Swami Omanad used to say that use hindi in chemistry symbols and nomenclature also. If hindi is used then many nomenclature and formulae become simpler. English has only 26 alphabets but hindi has 44. Hindi ki matrayen vagerah mil ke ek achha permutation/combination deti hain chemistry me. Even more powerful is sanskrit in computer usage being the most systematic langauge of the world. But as we are not all that aware of sanskrit so second option is hindi.
    Last edited by psgahlaut; October 4th, 2007 at 12:29 PM.

Login to view details.
    Respected Dayanad, The Deswal ji

I've been inspired by your posts and dedication.
    Last edited by psgahlaut; October 5th, 2007 at 12:42 PM.

Login to view details.
    I think we all should try to promote our mother tounge.
    Last edited by psgahlaut; October 5th, 2007 at 12:44 PM.