Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to quit Smoking

Lightbulb bhai koi ibb samjhey tey samajh liyoo .... na tey laagey rahiyoo....

धूम्रपान
    एक कार्य महान

सिगरेट
    है संजीवनी
    पीकर
    स्वास्थ्य बनाओ

समय
    से पहले बूढ़े होकर
    रियायतों
    का लाभ उठाओ

सिगरेट
    पीकर ही
    हैरी और माइकल निकलते हैं

दूध
    और फल खाकर तो
    हरगोपाल
    बनते हैं

जो
    नहीं पीते उन्हें
    इस
    सुख से अवगत कराओ

बस में रेल में घर में जेल में
    सिगरेट
    सुलगाओ

अगर
    पैसे कम हैं
    फिर
    भी काम चला लो

जरूरी
    नहीं है सिगरेट
    कभी कभी बीड़ी सुलगा लो

बीड़ी
    सफलता की सीढ़ी
    इस
    पर चढ़ते चले जाओ

मेहनत
    की कमाई
    सही
    काम में लगाओ

जो
    हड्डियां गलाते हैं
    वो
    तपस्वी कहलाते हैं

कलयुग के दधीचि
    हड्डियों
    के साथ करो
    फेफड़े
    और गुर्दे भी कुर्बान

क्योंकि
    धूम्रपान
    एक कार्य महान
    Rozz Suraj Ki Tarah Ugg Kar Doobna Nai Chaahtaa..!!
    JAI KILKII TAULL!!!!!!!!

WAAH!! WAAH!!....interesting poem.....and so true it is:D :D....who helped you to wrtie such a nice poem

Thumbs up

arrey kit khoo ge saare, mei bhi ek dabbi laya sun bhai, peenya kit gaye.

well sunny the patch idea is surely gud and available over the counter in US, 3 of my friends quit smoking by using it, they smoked on an average 50 fags a day, i wish they were available in india.

philhaal to bhai wa koon wali bhit dhore eit tale te maachis tae rathi nae tha li.

wish i could quit also, bidi idea is gud sejwal bhai, also dahiya sahab wale idea thahi kal ae dactar dhore jaaonga. arr bhai rathi really demotivating words for smokers------gud job

Smoking

I started smoking in 1955 when I got my commission in the army. I was smoking 20 on week-days and 30 on Saturdays the Club nights.
    on posting to Delhi in 1976 I realised that it cost me Rs 300 per month for the smoke as also Rs 300 for fuel for the car. Former my own pleasure the later for the four of us.Rs 300 was big amount those days, even for a Lt Col of the army.

No doubt smoking was fun, the whole act -take out the packet ,open it , shake out the cigarette, tap it, the cigarette dangling at a rkish angle between the lips, take out the match,strike the match stick, cup the flame, and the the long pull , I think it is the ritual more than any thing else that make one prisoner of the Habit.

I just stopped smoking ,just like that. Take a decision, use will power and sto it at a go,that is the only way, No other way will work.

Brig Lakshman Singh

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysangwan View Post
    Dear All
    I've been wanting to quit smoking for quite some time now but somehow fail to do so. If anybody of u has given up smoking please let me know how to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bls31 View Post
    I started smoking in 1955 when I got my commission in the army. I was smoking 20 on week-days and 30 on Saturdays the Club nights.
    on posting to Delhi in 1976 I realised that it cost me Rs 300 per month for the smoke as also Rs 300 for fuel for the car. Former my own pleasure the later for the four of us.Rs 300 was big amount those days, even for a Lt Col of the army.

No doubt smoking was fun, the whole act -take out the packet ,open it , shake out the cigarette, tap it, the cigarette dangling at a rkish angle between the lips, take out the match,strike the match stick, cup the flame, and the the long pull , I think it is the ritual more than any thing else that make one prisoner of the Habit.

I just stopped smoking ,just like that. Take a decision, use will power and sto it at a go,that is the only way, No other way will work.

Brig Lakshman Singh
    Sir
    Well said Indeed! But I think it happens in due course of time. As I read somewhere, "You know when its your time to quit and however hard you might try before that, success is going to elude you."
    BTW Sir my favorite part from your post is:

"No doubt smoking was fun, the whole act -take out the packet ,open it , shake out the cigarette, tap it, the cigarette dangling at a rkish angle between the lips, take out the match,strike the match stick, cup the flame, and the the long pull."

and I'd like to quote it sometime, somewhere with your consent. I can almost see a Brigadier Sa'ab smoking in his grandeur.

Regards

Sangwan
    Jat Balwan.....Jai Bhagwan

health and fitness

Dera Shri Sangwan
    You are welcome.
    It was not the Brigadier with the 'Cigarette' at a rakish angle but a 2nd Lt,trying to impress himself, a Capt, far away from his young bride ,2000 miles away in Dehradun, he in NEFA in 1962,a Maj struggling with higher studies in Institute of Arnmament Technology, the poor Lt Col had to give 'it' up for more reasons than one

Sir
    Well said Indeed! But I think it happens in due course of time. As I read somewhere, "You know when its your time to quit and however hard you might try before that, success is going to elude you."
    BTW Sir my favorite part from your post is:

"No doubt smoking was fun, the whole act -take out the packet ,open it , shake out the cigarette, tap it, the cigarette dangling at a rkish angle between the lips, take out the match,strike the match stick, cup the flame, and the the long pull."

and I'd like to quote it sometime, somewhere with your consent. I can almost see a Brigadier Sa'ab smoking in his grandeur.

Regards

Sangwan

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

well nothing is bad if it is upto limit or its not a habit...........

well nothing is bad if it is upto limit or its not a habit...........

We always need some strong reason to do something and to quite something......
    Once dev sir well said "The Sun's Rays Do Not Burn Until Brought To A Focus" But here dont make your goal to quit smoking but relate your smoking habit with any of your goals and see the magic......... You will not only able to quite smoking but you will acheive lots in life..... remember my words........
    Last edited by amandahiya; January 10th, 2007 at 12:56 AM.

Well....i have stopped

reading all of the above i have decided that I shuld stop ............no....not smoking.....but to try to stop smoking.

As Brig. saab has mentioned above ....i think i will stop it some day later in life....Just like that....so till that time no more trying to stop smoking.....all in good humor
    Last edited by rakeshdahiya; January 10th, 2007 at 04:09 PM.
    Proud to be a Jat, Proud to be an Indian

wow !
    what a nice poem !
    its really a lesson for who is able to take it with a right manner!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rajeshnain; January 10th, 2007 at 04:00 PM.
    if you want to be successfull in life,
    !!!!! ever be ready for struggle !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rajeshnain View Post
    wow !
    what a nice poem !
    its really a lesson for who is able to take it with a right manner!!!!!!!
    where's the poem?:eek:

Bhai Nan saab post no 61 wali peom kio batt kar rahee seee...just scroll upwards....

where's the poem?:eek:

Bhai pradeep, sadesh and rupi.....

Bhai pradeep, sadesh and rupi.....today i read this thread right from the very beginning, 45 min lag geee....and i now i feel like smoking a cigg. to relax myself.....arr us innt tale te machiss kiss ne thaa lee........

Dahiya sa'ab
    Manne deekhe se aap is thread ne kade band ni hovan doge. Baaki dhumma chaupal main saare welcome hain pan tambaaku apna apna laana padega.

mare yaar sunny, yaa kyaa batt kar de tannee...tmabhhuuu ko koi dikkat na see.......ghoot marree jaooo or batlaaa jaoooo....hahha
    Last edited by rakeshdahiya; January 28th, 2007 at 07:14 PM.

Smile

Kisse dhore machisss se keee ??? Koune aali iint tale padi thee woh to koi thaa le gya !
    Last edited by vijay; January 28th, 2007 at 02:14 AM.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Talking An easiest way to quit this bad habit from Neelam's side

Just throw out all the cigarette packs from your house and never look at such ads in TV, outside at roads on big big hoardings, aur jahan bhi aapke liye cigarettes available ho unn shops ki aur se apni drishti hata ke rakhein....:D :D :D :D :D

Over one hundred thousand people quit smoking everyday------>BY dying.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quit Smoking

The 'NEW' Out Casts 'Smokers'
    Do you want to be one of the new?
    BLS

Quote Originally Posted by bls31 View Post

Brig Lakshman Singh

In order to Quit Smoking 'Stop Smoking'

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

This should have been the first post on this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post
    In order to Quit Smoking 'Stop Smoking'
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8