Thread: Concept of God

Concept of God

I want to know how you people feel about God and religion. I want to know your feelings about God with sound logic.

I dont intend to disrespect anyone's feeling i just want a discussion. If anyone feels against this article than he/she is welcome to argue. And please dont slang me here or via pm. If anyone threatens me i will call the cop :p i mean admin.

Hope this discussion will bring some light to me and other members also.

A Matter of Faith....

Dear,

This is what I wrote to my son when he turned about 18 Years old. I had posted these excerpts on this site before but since you raised this topic, allow me the liberty of pasting it again...

"Life: What is life and its purpose? This is one question that has and would continue to baffle humanity for centuries. The more one tries to understand LIFE the more complicated it becomes. Philosophers and thinkers have written volumes on it and yet there is no simplistic answer. There are various religions, cults and groups that believe in one theory or the other. However, from whatever little knowledge I have, ‘Hinduism’ or ‘Hindu Way of Life’ gives a rather simplistic answer or explanation. To put it briefly, it says that there is an ultimate power, call it by whatever name you want to call it, which controls the happenings in the universe and beyond it. We are nothing but a ‘Soul with a body’ who are destined to do our ‘Karma’. Whatever we end up doing becomes another act in the ‘Karmic Cycle’. The ‘Cause and Affect’ process evaluates the ‘Karma’ and ‘Fruits’ will come by. Every deed or ‘Karma’ will reach its logical conclusion and has to be registered as a good or bad ‘Karma’. There is life after death, as there is day after night, and the sum total of our ‘Karma’ will decide what kind of life we lead in our next cycle of birth or be released from this cycle altogether.

This is the most simplistic understanding of life that I can explain to you. We are JATS and we don’t believe in ‘Idol Worship’ or ‘Murti Pooja’. However, a lot of JATS have started keeping ‘Idols’ in the house. It is more of a reference point and nothing else. The only prayer that I seem to remember when I think of the ‘Ultimate Power’ is to ask HIM/HER to keep everyone happy. I also assure the Almighty that in whatever condition he chooses to keep me in, I shall be ever grateful to him and make the best of him. I don’t think I have ever asked Him that you do this for me and I will stop doing so and so thing. I may have done so whenever my loved ones are in some trouble or sick but then it never works out that way. And no one can fool God. HE knows everything so why try and become smarter than the Almighty? One may fool another human being but you can’t fool God or your own ‘Antar Atma’.

So how does a normal person who does not have a deep knowledge of ‘Vedas’ and ‘Puranas’ lead his life? Well by a very simple method. Live an honest life, don’t tell lies, have respect for elders, help out those who are less fortunate than you, don’t hurt anybody’s sentiments knowingly and believe in only doing ‘Nishkama Karma’ ie just do your work or ‘Karma’ and don’t worry about the results. Results will come, as the ‘Kramic Cycle’ has to be completed. Remember you were born to fulfill a purpose as per HIS designs and HE would make you do your ‘Karma’. There is no escape from this. Your aim and goal in life should be to do your work with Dedication, Determination and Discipline. Life and death are the two sides of the same coin. What is born will die and what had died will be reborn. There is nothing more to life than this. We are all like dolls that are battery operated. The day the battery runs out, it is thanks buddy."

Regards,

JS Malik

PS: This is what I believe and no other argument makes much sense to me.
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Such concepts of God/Soul etc. were mainly devised in society to give them a psychological relief from the broad daylight horrible facts or to explain something which was beyond their scientifical understanding.
    Last edited by sktewatia; April 6th, 2006 at 02:32 PM.

Col. sahab to badi gahri baat kar gaye. Sir ke oopar ke gayi !!! To me God is like a head of department (rightly said Almighty). All human beings are assigned to perform their role under the supervision of their parents (father being the head the smallest unit i.e. family). If your immediate bosses i.e. parents are not happy, the top boss can never be happy with you. All your reports reach to him. Your work is assessed on the basis of your performance and no influence can get His final decision as he is said to be totally impartial. If you try to influence him through agents (pandas, sadhus, babas etc. etc.), it may further anger him. Hence, just perform your assigned and expected role properly with full honesty and the Super Boss will definitely not ignore you.
    Last edited by ramksehrawat; April 6th, 2006 at 11:31 AM.
    JAT - Justice And Truth

Login to view details.

I'm agnostic

I dnt believe in any god and soul. I'm agnostic. There is nothing after death to a dead person. No one weeps for the dead person he weeps for his own worries. If a son weeps for his dead father he in fact weeps for those works n tasks that his father used to do for him n that now he himself will have to do.
    More n more such over exagerated brahmanical philosophy of God n Soul was used to befool public for their exploitation. Its for that reason primarilly that India fell always an easy prey to any invaders/outsiders. My knowledge of Indian History tells me that handful of Indian conquerors were not great in winning India. That factors for Indian ghulami laid in such Indian theories themselves. Perhaps Smith remarked that Indian dwell too much on previous birth and next birth and have little time to take care of their present birth hence Britishers are justified to take care of their present birth. Great saints Budha, Kabir etc. never went so deep in God/Soul philosophy they did not deny it also but they were wise enough to take care of the practical problems of an ordinary man-the middle path theory.
    I've seen Jats invariably doing ancestor worship. In my area (braj)calling him Sahi Dada n perhaps jathera elsewhere. But never contemplating from him next birth previous birth etc. But praying mostly for sons, anaaj/phasal/food, wealth, health etc.
    Similar to rigvedic aryans.
    I'll quote from a common history book: "In rigvedic times, the process of worshiping was not accompanied by any ritual or sacrificial formulae. At this satge the magical power of the word was not considered so important as it came to be in later vedic times. Why did people worship gods in the time of rigveda? They did not worship gods for their spiritual upliftment or for ending the miseries of existence. They asked mainly for praja (children usually sons as more sons were desired to fight wars), pashu
    (cattle), food, wealth, health, etc.
    I read deeply Bhagat Sing and learned Lala Hardayal MA also. They also did not believe in any god n any soul.
    Such concepts are good to some extent to relieve a family to some extent from the sorrows of death in their family but over emphasis on them again pushes the society in degeneration. Its just like pain killing tablets, wine etc. where balanced use is helpful and good but excess is bad.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan
    Dear,

This is what I wrote to my son when he turned about 18 Years old. I had posted these excerpts on this site before but since you raised this topic, allow me the liberty of pasting it again...

"Life: What is life and its purpose? This is one question that has and would continue to baffle humanity for centuries. The more one tries to understand LIFE the more complicated it becomes. Philosophers and thinkers have written volumes on it and yet there is no simplistic answer. There are various religions, cults and groups that believe in one theory or the other. However, from whatever little knowledge I have, ‘Hinduism’ or ‘Hindu Way of Life’ gives a rather simplistic answer or explanation. To put it briefly, it says that there is an ultimate power, call it by whatever name you want to call it, which controls the happenings in the universe and beyond it. We are nothing but a ‘Soul with a body’ who are destined to do our ‘Karma’. Whatever we end up doing becomes another act in the ‘Karmic Cycle’. The ‘Cause and Affect’ process evaluates the ‘Karma’ and ‘Fruits’ will come by. Every deed or ‘Karma’ will reach its logical conclusion and has to be registered as a good or bad ‘Karma’. There is life after death, as there is day after night, and the sum total of our ‘Karma’ will decide what kind of life we lead in our next cycle of birth or be released from this cycle altogether.

This is the most simplistic understanding of life that I can explain to you. We are JATS and we don’t believe in ‘Idol Worship’ or ‘Murti Pooja’. However, a lot of JATS have started keeping ‘Idols’ in the house. It is more of a reference point and nothing else. The only prayer that I seem to remember when I think of the ‘Ultimate Power’ is to ask HIM/HER to keep everyone happy. I also assure the Almighty that in whatever condition he chooses to keep me in, I shall be ever grateful to him and make the best of him. I don’t think I have ever asked Him that you do this for me and I will stop doing so and so thing. I may have done so whenever my loved ones are in some trouble or sick but then it never works out that way. And no one can fool God. HE knows everything so why try and become smarter than the Almighty? One may fool another human being but you can’t fool God or your own ‘Antar Atma’.

So how does a normal person who does not have a deep knowledge of ‘Vedas’ and ‘Puranas’ lead his life? Well by a very simple method. Live an honest life, don’t tell lies, have respect for elders, help out those who are less fortunate than you, don’t hurt anybody’s sentiments knowingly and believe in only doing ‘Nishkama Karma’ ie just do your work or ‘Karma’ and don’t worry about the results. Results will come, as the ‘Kramic Cycle’ has to be completed. Remember you were born to fulfill a purpose as per HIS designs and HE would make you do your ‘Karma’. There is no escape from this. Your aim and goal in life should be to do your work with Dedication, Determination and Discipline. Life and death are the two sides of the same coin. What is born will die and what had died will be reborn. There is nothing more to life than this. We are all like dolls that are battery operated. The day the battery runs out, it is thanks buddy."

Regards,

JS Malik

PS: This is what I believe and no other argument makes much sense to me.

This is the best answer one could get...i liked it Sir.

Login to view details.
    what is born will die sooner or later. ITS TRUE.

BUT WHAT DIED WILL BE REBORN, I DOUBT?

Login to view details.
    however, I like the basic intrinsic spirit behind Jagmohanji's belief. He is too good at heart.
    Last edited by sktewatia; April 8th, 2006 at 01:25 PM.

Login to view details.
    whatever may be the belief of an individual but he should do good work for the society, nation and humankind.
    Last edited by sktewatia; April 8th, 2006 at 01:30 PM.

Login to view details.
    Gita gyan of Karma was in fact devised by brahmanical minds to keep indian society running under the caste system and oppression. Just to keep working without any desire for fruits and it really worked for 1000s of years.
    Last edited by sktewatia; April 8th, 2006 at 01:39 PM.

Login to view details.
    whether such philisophy is wrong or right but its true that such philosophy kept indian society running on its own often even in case of lawlessness for a very very long time.
    Last edited by sktewatia; April 8th, 2006 at 01:55 PM.

Exclamation

I have not seen life as much as much respected people who have given their input has, i am not going against anyone's wish but just interpreting the views of my dadaji.

I come from jat belt in west UP and we are arya samajis, and they believe in these 10 principles.
    God is the efficient cause of all true knowledge and all that is known through knowledge.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God is existent, intelligent and blissful. He is formless, omniscient, just, merciful, unborn, endless, unchangeable, beginning-less, unequalled, the support of all, the master of all, omnipresent, immanent, un-aging, immortal, fearless, eternal and holy, and the maker of all. He alone is worthy of being worshiped.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Vedas are the scriptures of all true knowledge. It is the paramount duty of all Aryas to read them, teach them , recite them and to hear them being read.

One should always be ready to accept truth and to renounce untruth.

All acts should be performed in accordance with Dharma that is, after deliberating what is right and wrong.

The prime object of the Arya Samaj is to do good to the world, that is, to promote physical, spiritual and social good of everyone.

Our conduct towards all should be guided by love, righteousness and justice.

We should dispel Avidya (ignorance) and promote Vidya (knowledge).

No one should be content with promoting his/her good only; on the contrary, one should look for his/her good in promoting the good of all.

One should regard oneself under restriction to follow the rules of society calculated to promote the well being of all, while in following the rules of individual welfare all should be free.

In addition to this, what i have heard is that the ill prathas such as sati and other stuffs were made populer by Brahmins so that others can not have the same rights as they enjoy, kings fear of them for their supernatural powers and kept the right of education to themselves so that no one knows the truth.

Swami Dyanand then gave these 10 principles, and jats in huge majority follow them.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!