Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why use Apple...? ?

Thumbs up Why use Apple...? ?

For mainstream computer users doing typical tasks, Apple Computer's Macintosh models have huge advantages over the prevalent Windows computers from companies such as Dell and Hewlett-Packard. The Macs have sleeker hardware designs, a superior operating system, much better built-in software, and virtually no exposure to viruses and spyware. Apple's flagship model, the iMac, is the best consumer desktop on the market.

There's a big barrier for Windows users tempted to switch to the Mac: software. While there are thousands of programs for the Mac's operating system, called OS X, potential Mac buyers often find they have one or two Windows programs they must use that have no Mac equivalent. These range from custom software required by their employers, to niche programs for specific industries or hobbies, to games.Yesterday, Apple took a historic, and potentially huge, step to remove that obstacle to switching. It introduced free software that makes it easy to install and run Windows on the latest Mac models as a complement to the Mac operating system. With this new software, called Boot Camp, you can turn your Mac into a fast, full-fledged Windows computer for those occasions when you must run a Windows program. That makes the iMac, the Mac Mini and the MacBook Pro laptop the only computers in the world that allow mainstream users to run both operating systems at full speed.

Boot Camp (downloadable at www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp absolutely for free) allows you to "boot up," or start up, the Mac in either operating system. You can designate which one gets loaded when the machine boots up. Or, by simply holding down the Option (or Alt) key while starting or restarting the computer, you get a screen showing icons for the two operating systems. Click on the Mac icon and the machine runs the Mac OS. Click on the Windows icon and it runs Windows.

Each operating system gets its own dedicated portion, or "partition," of the Mac's hard disk, so they don't interfere with one another. Programs you install in each operating system, and files you create with them, are stored in the part of the hard disk devoted to that operating system.

All of this is possible because the latest Macs use the same Intel chips as Windows machines. Boot Camp runs only on these new Intel-based Macs, which have been available since January. Older Macs can also run Windows, in a fashion, but only via a clumsy Microsoft program that creates a painfully slow "virtual" Windows computer that can't handle some demanding programs, like games. By contrast, with Boot Camp, the new Intel-based Macs can become true, fast, full-fledged Windows computers that are essentially identical to standard Windows computers, yet still retain the ability to operate as normal Macs.With Boot Camp, you could choose to run a Mac solely as a Windows machine, with good results. But Apple doesn't expect many people to do this. Instead, it assumes Boot Camp users will still use the Mac operating system and Mac software 90% of the time, switching into Windows mode only to run a few Windows programs.
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Good info....par jhooth na bolun....saara na padhya gaya....khi....khi
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda
    Good info....par jhooth na bolun....saara na padhya gaya....khi....khi
    paaddh ke dekh bawalli badde gyan ki baat likhi se......kitte kitte te kaat ke lyaya sun....... :p :p
    but to be on serious side its better becoz of its compatiblity and no BUGS/viruses ( saal mein EK AADH....which is fixed by apple ONLINE u just need to report them) and less problem becoz of the hackers who have problems understanding the MAC operatig system...
    I wud strongly recomend APPLE as low costs.....which are comparitively high in WINDOWS becoz of latest updates and virus protection softwares...
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

I read it now.....completely....thanks for suggesting....or i would be missing some good info....Thanks Keshu
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

MACs suck. They forced me to use a mac on my last job, for two years. It definitely became one reason to quit.

Windowsw rules. Its the most flexible operating system.Add any hardware or software and it gets moving.

Apple has acknoledged its weakness in front of windows, thats why it is switching to windows itself.

Has anyone seen the movie "Pirates of the Silicon Valley?" It is about the clash between Msft and Aapl. I saw it yesterday. And it was awesome. Its about how Bill Gates used to be Steve Jobs' underdog and How the whole situation flipped.

Cool

oooo bhaand tu paarya paarya PIRRADD PIRRADD karre jaiye.....:D:D:D

you are the first and the last person on earth who alwayz waant to be a critic....manne aan de tera bakal tarunga...21 ne ann laag rehya hun tere dhorre.....but cuming to the your point of view about windows....they still lack in the security issues and BUGS eat u up before you miss the virus protection programm whch again eats up the system.......
    regarding the flexiblity....thats depends on your usuage and how you feel it.....
    apple has switched to windows in lue of the there new marketing staretegy and to expand and grab the market to its core....and no body can deny the fact that apples are faster then any other systems till date......Here I am talking about the latest APPLE realease
    .....OSX tiger version was already a boom and now they have uploaded the INTEL chip which makes it better.....APPLE PRO>apple powerbook (sweet child).......

any way U just be there.......teri ghetti mein GUNTHAA dunga mein datt ja tu......hahhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules
    MACs suck. They forced me to use a mac on my last job, for two years. It definitely became one reason to quit.

Windowsw rules. Its the most flexible operating system.Add any hardware or software and it gets moving.

Apple has acknoledged its weakness in front of windows, thats why it is switching to windows itself.

Has anyone seen the movie "Pirates of the Silicon Valley?" It is about the clash between Msft and Aapl. I saw it yesterday. And it was awesome. Its about how Bill Gates used to be Steve Jobs' underdog and How the whole situation flipped.
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Mac versus Windows!

...I think it also comes down to what is the main stay common platform that everyone is using around you and where you are!...
    Here in the US there is a big divide on that as all the Graphic Artists, Newspaper reporters, Music field persons etc. use the Mac platform....

But rest EVERYONE else is on Windows (Programmers, planners, Architects, Accountants, Doctors, Government etc etc)! So now if you are in the above top fields of the creative newspaper and music media then it's ok to go with Mac, (and also if that's the only field you are communicating with) but if not you are pure outta luck unless you wanna be just exhanging stuff/work with yourself!

I personally feel that Windows is better!...
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra
    ............but if not you are pure outta luck unless you wanna be just exhanging stuff/work with yourself!

I personally feel that Windows is better!...
    yeah true but its all about encompassing the windows......becoz with THE BOOT CAMP software one can use both MAC as well as WINDOWS PLATFORM...thats what the cry is all about.......covers both groups....and there is a mith that windows is better unless u start using MAChintosh.......:p....:D...so thats why all those people are simply reluctant to use MAC.......as I was in lower category earlier....:o and then IT was all MAGIC..:D

almost 98.2858254% people I know who used Windows earlier and then shifted to MAC when using WINDOWS now call it $*#T..:eek: ....surprising
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Windows rules. Its the most flexible operating system.Add any hardware or software and it gets moving.

Nope.
    Mac is not switching to windows!

It simply adding the feature Boot Camp so people can install Windows on mac computer too!! Presently windows cant be installed on macs!

Also Bill Gates was never Steve Jobs underdog!
    Bill gates and his windows has always prevailed over Steve jobs and apple.

The windows dominates the market because it entered the market earlier and its very user friendly!

In general a lay man will use windows and a person having good grasp will never ever use it!

Take for instance in our IIT computer science departent had Enterprise Linux installed on all computers baring may be 1%.
    And in my department Geology&Geophysics it was 99% Windows vs 1% linux!!

See the difference!!

mac/Linux/Solaris all are unix based operating system. Windows is different than all others!

Take example in my department.
    My professor is the only prof who have Linux installed and he hates Windows so much he made me switch to Linux. I have mac at my home and i always have one difficulty or other.

But i am glad i switched!

To me windows is useful for listening songs, watching movies, and doing routine stuff like presentaion or word document, apart from these its pretty useless!!

Unix based OS are used where you actually do some constructive work!!

There must be lots of benifits which i dont know but i know enough to use unix and not to ever use win.

Cool check this out....

discussions are taking a Bizaarre turn again here as Mr JHAJHA has entered the scene, what here we are talking is APPLE and not JOBS or GATES...still check this LINK
    AND....Relax as it does not matter what is gud or baduntill u use it and love it but THE WAY we use it in a better way....the SPEECH at STANFORD by Steve Jobs was really gud the LINK above

Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya
    discussions are taking a Bizaarre turn again here as Mr JHAJHA has entered the scene, what here we are talking is APPLE and not JOBS or GATES...still check this LINK
    AND....Relax as it does not matter what is gud or baduntill u use it and love it but THE WAY we use it in a better way....the SPEECH at STANFORD by Steve Jobs was really gud the LINK above
    Ohh poor boy cant you even read what i wrote!

My post is all about ongoing discussion!

Let me explain to you!

Why use apple--> Your title of post and content of the artcle.

My post is all about why we should use apple! Basically because of unix and the new feature Boot Camp! i have also given some examples if only you can figure it out!

If you dont understand this, its not my fault!

Cool relax dude

Quote Originally Posted by atul.jhajhria
    Ohh poor boy cant you even read what i wrote!

My post is all about ongoing discussion!

Let me explain to you!

Why use apple--> Your title of post and content of the artcle.

My post is all about why we should use apple! Basically because of unix and the new feature Boot Camp! i have also given some examples if only you can figure it out!

If you dont understand this, its not my fault!

ooohhoho did u provoke me GR8 guy/KEWL guy/Mr A TOOL....oooops......and by the way did i said some thing to you or you are MR JHAJHA.......dont take it serioulsy dude.........but but but I mentioned that to u as well.
    ...u were rite what ever u mentioned but I suppose sometimes, somewhere you go off track may be deliberatly or whatever i dont know why but U mentioned this is your qoute>>>>To me windows is useful for listening songs, watching movies, and doing routine stuff like presentaion or word document, apart from these its pretty useless!!......:eek: :eek: :eek: did you realy mean that or was it your lack of INFO. on that part....ya phir TONGUE OF SLIP :rolleyes: ......whatever...just let it peace KEWL GUY/MR Intelligent/MR Delligent/MR Persistent......so many names....i cant write your CV here... :p :D
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

ooohhoho did u provoke me GR8 guy/KEWL guy/Mr A TOOL....oooops......and by the way did i said some thing to you or you are MR JHAJHA.......dont take it serioulsy dude.........but but but I mentioned that to u as well.
    ...u were rite what ever u mentioned but I suppose sometimes, somewhere you go off track may be deliberatly or whatever i dont know why but U mentioned this is your qoute>>>>To me windows is useful for listening songs, watching movies, and doing routine stuff like presentaion or word document, apart from these its pretty useless!!......:eek: :eek: :eek: did you realy mean that or was it your lack of INFO. on that part....ya phir TONGUE OF SLIP :rolleyes: ......whatever...just let it peace KEWL GUY/MR Intelligent/MR Delligent/MR Persistent......so many names....i cant write your CV here... :p :D

Arre oooooo.....A for Apple...hadde issi-tissi krann nei badya tha....akk rah chondha aa gya tha........Terre tein ke be keh raakhkhi sei akk jiss gali mei Paddnni cheez hon hudde na jaya karte...par tu sei bhandd...hudde-e ja kei paddya sei nalli mei....Bhuggat ibb....Ha..ha..ha.Ibb server nei koe bhi bacha kei dikha dyo bhalla..?
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya
    Arre oooooo.....A for Apple...hadde issi-tissi krann nei badya tha....akk rah chondha aa gya tha........Terre tein ke be keh raakhkhi sei akk jiss gali mei Paddnni cheez hon hudde na jaya karte...par tu sei bhandd...hudde-e ja kei paddya sei nalli mei....Bhuggat ibb....Ha..ha..ha.Ibb server nei koe bhi bacha kei dikha dyo bhalla..?

aaap manne er iss A TOOL Bhai ne PROVOKE kar diyo jamma...manno nhi....ssssshhhhhhh
    .... iib te killkkki maro to sanka na maro to sanka......:eek: .............:p :p :D :D
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

..:eek: :eek: :eek: did you realy mean that or was it your lack of INFO. on that part....ya phir TONGUE OF SLIP :rolleyes: ......whatever...just let it peace KEWL GUY/MR Intelligent/MR Delligent/MR Persistent......so many names....i cant write your CV here..
    So you are offended because i badmouthed windows!

Sorry but i am all for unix based OS because of linux!

As i said i will choose mac above windows!!

You are also free to choose!! :p

discussions are taking a Bizaarre turn again here as Mr JHAJHA has entered the scene, what here we are talking is APPLE and not JOBS or GATES.
    aaap manne er iss A TOOL Bhai ne PROVOKE kar diyo jamma...manno nhi....ssssshhhhhhh
    .... iib te killkkki maro to sanka na maro to sanka....
    Double standards!!

Anyway i got your message and i will be easy on you!!

Well point number one is that Bill Gates used to be Steve Jobs underdog. Bill Gates would fly in to Apple Headquarters at one phone call from Steve Jobs only to be yelled at.

Steve Jobs got the concept of mouse from Xerox corporation which had trashed the concept for good.

Apple was supposed to release the first graphic interface operating system in the market. Bill Gates got Steve Jobs to share the idea with him in exchange for a promise to work on it together. It was then that Steve Jobs gav Bill Gates five Macs to work upon. Steve Jobs had no idea that Bill Gates was about to relaease his own OS based on IBMs even during the prelaunch event for Macs. He learnt about it only after Apple engineers got their hands on IBM designed NEC computers in Japan.

Anyways, MAC/Windows/Linux are three very different products aimed at different market segments. I fall in the Windows market. I love windwos for it's flexibility and ease of use. I am saying this as a person who has used the other operating systems as well.

I am sure that there are other Mac and Linux fans. But they love anything but windows for their own personal reasons. Most hate Windows because Microsoft is a mammoth corporation. I really do not have a problem with that. Microsoft won;t be what it is, had people not accepted it's products. In fact I love microsoft so much that it is the only software company whose products I buy legitimately. I do not pirate miscrosoft software. Thats my little way of saying thank you to Bill Gates.

Well, I also do support Windows for its ease of use/ flexibility/plug-n-play n lots more features......apple/linux may be better then windows in some tech aspects but u cant deny the fact that it was the Microsoft, who made computing so user-freindly that now days almost everyone is computer-litrate, so main success mantra is ease of use & user friendly!

This the reason, why! Bill Gates is still enjoying no#1 poistion in richest men & I believe no one can challenge his #1 seat in near future too.

Well, I also appriciate Apple, but its only gud for graphic desginers! :p

Rock on
    Jit
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Thumbs up sahi kahi chorre

Well point number one is that Bill Gates used to be Steve Jobs underdog. Bill Gates would fly in to Apple Headquarters at one phone call from Steve Jobs only to be yelled at.

Steve Jobs got the concept of mouse from Xerox corporation which had trashed the concept for good.

Apple was supposed to release the first graphic interface operating system in the market. Bill Gates got Steve Jobs to share the idea with him in exchange for a promise to work on it together. It was then that Steve Jobs gav Bill Gates five Macs to work upon. Steve Jobs had no idea that Bill Gates was about to relaease his own OS based on IBMs even during the prelaunch event for Macs. He learnt about it only after Apple engineers got their hands on IBM designed NEC computers in Japan.
    well DAHIYA saab nice breif preview of PIRATES OF THE SILICON VALLEY............and all that was indeed true to its core
    ......in fact i have posted a link also...steeve jobs speech at stanford...http://news-service.stanford.edu/new...bs-061505.html check this out
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Talking

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Kesu Daanger....tu kyun Kompoooter se apana maatha bheeda reha hai baawli tared...tu nu kar tere baandera ne ya apple khila aur daangera ke suaa laga.....aur aaram se aaram kar aur yeh technical sauda hum jaise techie guys ke liye chhod de! samja!!! eibbe samaj naa aayi to tution de doon :p :p :D :D

jokes apart. no one can shake Windows position in today's market....not even bugs, virus, torjan whatever! Windows Rulz!!!

Rock on
    Jit

well DAHIYA saab nice breif preview of PIRATES OF THE SILICON VALLEY............and all that was indeed true to its core
    ......in fact i have posted a link also...steeve jobs speech at stanford...http://news-service.stanford.edu/new...bs-061505.html check this out
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Cool Security....is what concerns us when we buy a comp.

Successful assaults by viruses and other malware on the Mac operating system are rare as it has better security and attackers are less keen, says Stephen Wildstrom of BusinessWeek. "There is endless debate among security experts about whether the paucity of successful assaults on Apple's OS X is attributable to better security or attackers' lack of interest in an operating system whose share of the market is in single digits. I think it's some of both.

Wildstrom says one reason Mac OS X offers inherently better security is that it was designed with relatively little concern for compatibility with earlier versions, while Windows is full of compromises so that it works with older and less secure operating systems. Wildstrom also points out that...the ablest writers of viruses, spyware, and worms, are motivated more by profit than glory, and Windows, with 90%-plus of the market, is where the money is and so thats one of the reasons why people have to sing about WINDOWS or may be CRY...:eek: about WINDOWS....you decide
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us