Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RESERVATION FOR OBC'S IN IITs, IIMs n ALL CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES

This is really bad news. I dont like reservation but it surely benifitted our community in Rajasthan!

During my time in IIT we had two broad divisions: General and shaddu(nickname for SC/ST), i suppose backwards will be called backi or something like that :p

SC/ST were secluded group in IIT, the discrimination was at same level as in real life!! Shaddu's were segreggated to certain blocks and always looked down. Jats from rajasthan will experience same thing!!

But 50% reservation is too much, and i am sure Jats will cause Havoc in IIT'S! I had a senior, Anurag Kadiyan(jat from panipat i suppose) and he already made IIT KGP battle ground. He was expelled for 1 year. He got job in schlumberger later on and is earning lots of money now.

I hope rajasthan Jat take advantage from this! And our Haryana/elsewhere Bros have to work little Harder. Good luck!!

reservation is causing a real problem for struggling deserving students
    now news are they even want to start in private sector such a thing will come up in near future
    these politicians are doing this just for a momentary or election benefitts
    n that reservation which delhi , rajasthan wale are getting is not of much use as somebody said its state reservation
    these reservation schems should base upon economic strata
    sooo many high class people are below poverty line whats there for them
    ye politician maarawwaawege en dhedha ne chadhdha chadhdha
    but today the problem is so many IAS are these only real power is with them
    n they are the worst corrupt
    as they have no self respect ,,,ijjat bezti te maantte naa mere baatte
    these politicians treat them like dogs also because of lack of their prficiency n knowledge in the field
    kyu saaare te sc/st ka jhandha leke chaale aaye
    this reservation will cause more harm to them in future
    but in present te ye swaad leeye rahe & our general category aale haande hai bhatpede khaate this needs a mass movement so that these greedy politicians motto can be set right

Quote Originally Posted by deepshika
    yeah...jats have reservation only at state level at DELHI , so , i dont feel there wud b much help to them as there is no such institute that falls under state govt.
    the DELHI UNIV. itself falls under CENTRAL GOV.
    n these 3-4 medical colleges too
    i think, if v have 2 benefit, we shud try hard 2 get ourself reservation as OBC under central gov too, else it wont help:o
    and hereby, again all the benefit goes to the YADAVS... once again
    Even if jats come under OBC with central govt too, i would still stick to general mark.

I hate beeing called as an OBC, we have a rich history, a history where we did everything on our own instead of asking anyone to help, same here, if i have to do something, i wont bag any deserving candidates seat, I am no OBC
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

aagr Arjun Singh koo videsh mantri bana diya to woh bahaar jaane waalee Indian mein bhi reservation laaga deegaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gsvijay1
    aagr Arjun Singh koo videsh mantri bana diya to woh bahaar jaane waalee Indian mein bhi reservation laaga deegaa!!!
    hahaha bhai

Kassutta kaha ye to

i dont understand why do make people ministers which are not even elected.....

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Mharme ar Dhedan mein antar see

Quote Originally Posted by desijat

Even if jats come under OBC with central govt too, i would still stick to general mark.

I hate beeing called as an OBC, we have a rich history, a history where we did everything on our own instead of asking anyone to help, same here, if i have to do something, i wont bag any deserving candidates seat, I am no OBC

Bahuut badhiya vikas bhai . Jat is capable of getting aseat by merit. There is adifference between us and Chamars. We dont need the clutches of reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by drjatin
    Bahuut badhiya vikas bhai . Jat is capable of getting aseat by merit. There is adifference between us and Chamars. We dont need the clutches of reservation.
    The question is how many of us are capable and has access to gud education, guidance and the competitive environment........probably the ones who r the members of jatland....wat percentage does it make....very little....this is the reality....jats r not born with special talent to crack IIMs IITs ......chances get slimmer due to reservation to other castes ...this is wat probabilty tell us ....despite some casts like yadavs who being of the same stature (can share hooka with jats) as of jats r being given reservation, then y not jats...jats must not feel inferior about it...it serves the purpose of the majority....THE MOST RIGHT COURSE OF ACTION IS WHICH GIVES THE GREATEST NO. OF PPL THE GREATEST HAPPINESS......just becoz very few dunn want to be called OBCs(previlged ones) wont justifies the non-need of reservation...infact jats can come up in a big way if they can make a pressure on govt by uniting and fight for reservation( just like rajasthani jats did before elections.....infact they were declared OBCs firstly in central list than state list).....jats have to compete against the socially superior castes(banias and panjabis) and richer(incase seats are paid seats...majority in medical)...........a graduate of govt college gohana cant get a job in gurgaon call center so easily as wud a DU panjabi will....we lack in english communication skills...which is so important these days......
    so by not going just own talent .......
    we can even look at so called urban villages of delhi...those ppl have location advantages over haryana ones ...moreover they got money from the land which was acquired and lots of just giving rooms on rent and earning gud money....but they can b spotted easily as being the least educated ones in the area...jats are infact vernable cast who has lost directions.......need some support .......may b reservation

Login to view details.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by virender_khokhar
    The question is how many of us are capable and has access to gud education, guidance and the competitive environment........probably the ones who r the members of jatland....wat percentage does it make....very little....this is the reality....jats r not born with special talent to crack IIMs IITs ......chances get slimmer due to reservation to other castes ...this is wat probabilty tell us ....despite some casts like yadavs who being of the same stature (can share hooka with jats) as of jats r being given reservation, then y not jats...jats must not feel inferior about it...it serves the purpose of the majority....THE MOST RIGHT COURSE OF ACTION IS WHICH GIVES THE GREATEST NO. OF PPL THE GREATEST HAPPINESS......just becoz very few dunn want to be called OBCs(previlged ones) wont justifies the non-need of reservation...infact jats can come up in a big way if they can make a pressure on govt by uniting and fight for reservation( just like rajasthani jats did before elections.....infact they were declared OBCs firstly in central list than state list).....jats have to compete against the socially superior castes(banias and panjabis) and richer(incase seats are paid seats...majority in medical)...........a graduate of govt college gohana cant get a job in gurgaon call center so easily as wud a DU panjabi will....we lack in english communication skills...which is so important these days......
    so by not going just own talent .......
    we can even look at so called urban villages of delhi...those ppl have location advantages over haryana ones ...moreover they got money from the land which was acquired and lots of just giving rooms on rent and earning gud money....but they can b spotted easily as being the least educated ones in the area...jats are infact vernable cast who has lost directions.......need some support .......may b reservation
    What makes you say that Jats are not born with special talent to crack IIMs, may I know who are born with this special talent. As per my opinion we all are born with equal brains, but development of talent is highly dependent on nurture.
    Reservation can never result in upliftment of anyone, it never has and never will. The only result of reservation is worsening of society altogether.
    A graduate from Govt. College Gohana cannot get a job in a call center because of his/her lack of qualifications, and I will hate to hire someone unqualified due to reservation. We should rather pressurize the government and ourselves to make better opportunities for education and making education a better alternative than relying on land. Even with reservation only those will benefit who really can do well without it.
    I do not agree with the fact that Jats as a cast have lost direction, Jats are directed towards leaving agriculture behind for education. And they are doing it, this trend is not very old. Initially it was started in Rohtak and GT Road area and now has taken over the whole Jat region. So slowly you will certainly see more and more educated Jats.
    Coming to Delhi Jats, well it is not right to say that they are least educated. Infact if a survey be done then we will find the percentage of educated ones very high (amongst the highest in Jat regions). Why Delhi Jats lay such "least educated" impression is simply because they do not pursue any Job related careers and still rely on their land for income. So they are pretty much like farmers albeit educated and urbanised ones who maintane one of the highest living standards and per capita incomes amongst all the Jat regions. And though they are granted much unneeded OBC status, I cannot think of it being more than anything but a political gimmick, which has never made any difference.
    Reservation has never played any role in development of caste or region, it is only the need and desire to survive which does so. Till the time Jats can see alternatives to pursuing job related careers they will not "develop" in the tarditional sense, even if you give them 90% of reservation.
    Last edited by sansanwalamit; April 10th, 2006 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansanwalamit
    What makes you say that Jats are not born with special talent to crack IIMs, may I know who are born with this special talent. As per my opinion we all are born with equal brains, but development of talent is highly dependent on nurture.
    Reservation can never result in upliftment of anyone, it never has and never will. The only result of reservation is worsening of society altogether.
    A graduate from Govt. College Gohana cannot get a job in a call center because of his/her lack of qualifications, and I will hate to hire someone unqualified due to reservation. We should rather pressurize the government and ourselves to make better opportunities for education and making education a better alternative than relying on land. Even with reservation only those will benefit who really can do well without it.
    I do not agree with the fact that Jats as a cast have lost direction, Jats are directed towards leaving agriculture behind for education. And they are doing it, this trend is not very old. Initially it was started in Rohtak and GT Road area and now has taken over the whole Jat region. So slowly you will certainly see more and more educated Jats.
    Coming to Delhi Jats, well it is not right to say that they are least educated. Infact if a survey be done then we will find the percentage of educated ones very high (amongst the highest in Jat regions). Why Delhi Jats lay such "least educated" impression is simply because they do not pursue any Job related careers and still rely on their land for income. So they are pretty much like farmers albeit educated and urbanised ones who maintane one of the highest living standards and per capita incomes amongst all the Jat regions. And though they are granted much unneeded OBC status, I cannot think of it being more than anything but a political gimmick, which has never made any difference.
    Reservation has never played any role in development of caste or region, it is only the need and desire to survive which does so. Till the time Jats can see alternatives to pursuing job related careers they will not "develop" in the tarditional sense, even if you give them 90% of reservation.
    everthing is evolving but wat is important is who is doing at beter rate.....urban jats are maintaining so gud living standard and high per capita income because they r making money just by sitting and collecting rent at the end of the month....they cud have done better than this....this i sthe real problem ....jats r not utilising their talent or capabilities.....as faras need for reservation is concerned it is needed....wil open more opportunities for jats .......we are concerned by our welfare the most .....otherwise the same seats wud b filled by other OBCs and country welfare is not served then also
    ....u know one IAS can do a lot good to so many ppl ........
    nobody is here ideal...even u wud have asked for a favour in ur life......may b a small or big.......

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by virender_khokhar
    everthing is evolving but wat is important is who is doing at beter rate.....urban jats are maintaining so gud living standard and high per capita income because they r making money just by sitting and collecting rent at the end of the month....they cud have done better than this....this i sthe real problem ....jats r not utilising their talent or capabilities.....as faras need for reservation is concerned it is needed....wil open more opportunities for jats .......we are concerned by our welfare the most .....otherwise the same seats wud b filled by other OBCs and country welfare is not served then also
    ....u know one IAS can do a lot good to so many ppl ........
    nobody is here ideal...even u wud have asked for a favour in ur life......may b a small or big.......
    Who decides whats better for whom?
    And what better could Delhi Jats have done which they have not done yet?
    What makes you think that collecting rent can be done while sitting? Actually like every profession and business, Rent and Porperty business also comes with its own package of demands. And anyways if you still think it can be done while sitting then you should be happy that some Jats are now doing a White Collar business.
    I do not say the let there be no reservation for Jats, instead I say that let there be no reservation at all. Asking for reservation is not asking for a favour, asking for reservation is similar to a handicapped person asking for access to building or special parking, only difference being that Handicappes deserve the right to ask for it as they do need assistance. Honest to God I have never asked a favour which would have made me feel like a handicap, and yes I have asked for help as a favour only when I know I deserve it.
    An IAS can do a lot good and so can a call center agent, it is the effort which should be regarded.
    We Jats and other high caste Hindus should learn from France where students brought the governement to its knees yet again to deter them from making discriminatory laws. It is high time and the right time for Indian students and others to unite and organise themselves against such stupid bills.
    Honestly I would feel ashamed to see Jats asking for reservation and I will feel very proud to see Jats going against reservation.
    Last edited by sansanwalamit; April 10th, 2006 at 02:29 PM.