Thread: condition of sports person in India

condition of sports person in India

For Melbourne Commonwealth Games a athletes received $20 per day. This allowence was $35 during 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games
    and $50 at the Athens Olympics.

Indian govt. paid 40 Crores Rs to all bollywood acters & acteress to appear in closing cermony Melbourne Commonwealth Games just for 11 minutes.

I am not sure how much govt paid to medal winners!!

This is purely a waste of money which should have been spend on improving sports infrastructure and facilities for sports person wasted on getting some good for nothing bolloywood stars. These guys are already paid very well why can't they do these events for free when doing for India.

Many of these actors are scums.

Quote Originally Posted by gsvijay1
    Indian govt. paid 40 Crores Rs to all bollywood acters & acteress to appear in closing cermony Melbourne Commonwealth Games just for 11 minutes.

Many of these actors are scums.Without the fame given by us, the public, these so called stars would be like an imbecile. Most of Bollywood stars don't have a sense of humor..that's sure...look the case of Salman khan...Shame on him...Finally a nice judgement came on the front..Good punishment for a bad boy !!!!.

They get handsomely paid because we go to see their stupid actings....A hardcore Work force fully qualified and dedicated to the cause of nation building gets payed pee nuts for working 12-13 hours round the clock and these MUSTANDDAS get 12-13 crores for featuring in a movie........Shame and stupidity. We make them swell their heads and we worship these mortals and hence futile to blame them....They are doing what we fools demand and get paid...and.....? This is what this country is good at...DRAMMA....Dramma.....and more dramma.Barring Cricketers and Tennis players......rest are given a second class tickets to travel in second class compartments. Thats why BCCI is so lucrative that people are devoting more than required time in its affairs. MONEY MAKES THE MARE GO & JE KUCHH NA MILTA TEI UTTHHE CHHO......Thats the story......Jiska mokka lagge sei ow hei iss janta nei maar buddkyan kha jya sei.....RAKKASS SEIN YE MOTTI KHALL AALLE?
    Last edited by devdahiya; April 11th, 2006 at 12:39 PM.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

It is All About Money

While it is so sad to know the compensation paid to the sports person in our country, we can't discount any profession. Acting is not an easy thing to do, and if that was so, every one would have been an actor. A politician who is a good actor, usually becomes successful, for that with his emotional expressions and speech delivery he/she can motivate people to join his cause. Like we say about the exorbitantly high money paid to the actors, people can say same thing to ohter professions as well. A person gets paid because of his/her skills, that appeal to people. It is purely because of this reason, a good actor gets paid more and not so good gets paid less. The same is the case for a Computer professional, doctor, engineer and so on. How many of us would like to go and see Hind Kesri, as against an actor/actress? Actors get paid more because the film producers make more money on films, and they bargain their share from them. So, let us not feel bad about it as to how much do the actors get paid. Yes the point is that as to why the government should pay them more than the athletes. Actually, there could be an obligation on them to appear on certain occassions for government free of cost or on low compensation, but then it will be against the norms of democracy.

That notwithstanding, the compensation to be paid to the athletes needs to be made attractive to attract more people to the field of sports. We do have some money allocated for the sports. More often than not, that gets spent on infrastructure or the officials, rather than sports persons. Having been associated with the development of sports teams of a unit which can take pride in its achievements of being sports champion of a Regiment for over two decades, I fully know the difficulties a coach and an organizer goes through while developing a sports team.

Given the resources it needs, and a free hand to an honest person, who does not get affected by any factor other than the performance and dedication of a sportsman, I think we can achieve some success in this field too.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

How many people in India (including those on this site) take interest in the achievements of our sport-persons other than Cricket? How many people in India watch international games like commonwealth games? This is why there is hardly any sponsorship of sports other than cricket. Its we who are ultimately responsible for the poor payments our sport-persons receive and we should blame us more than anyone. Just go through the responses we received from our Jatland members on the achievements of medal winners like Vivek Singh Tomar ? Do Indians really cheer up the achievements of people other than film heroes and cricket players? Just count how many members have read/ responded to the great achievements of Pradeep Sindhu and Sanjiv Sidhu on technology front? Things won't change unless public attitude changes towards other games and the high achievers in fields other than politics. Tragedy of this nation is that Mallika Sehrawat posts never come to an end and posts on great Jats rarely get responses in two digits.

RK^2

Whatever mentioned by our elders in this thread is correct as well as painful. We are all responsible for the money paid to actors during commonwealth games. We make them stars. Acting is difficult but not as difficult as running 100mtrs in 11 secs or 11 players winning a olympic hockey gold medal by working hard for 4 years.

I remember, we used to have a track & field meet in school days and it used to be quite interesting but over the years it was overshadowed by popularity of cricket. Till 1982 Asian Games in Delhi, Hockey used to be at par with Cricket but after a shameful defeat in 82 finals and a win in 1983 world cup took cricket the centerstage and decline of hockey started.

I think India is changing rapidly and more revolutions are due to come. Today's it's bollywood and cricket...I m sure soon it'll change...let tendulkar & co depart from the scene. There will be much to cheer about other athletes as well.

99% of bollywood movies are pieces of s**t!. Moreover, I don't rate hollywood movies above them...they r the same....this is just our indian attitude that we think whatever in English is always better than Hindi...whether it's movies or songs. This picture will change soon...those bollywood kings will be dethroned as the awareness increases in Indian society.
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif
    While it is so sad to know the compensation paid to the sports person in our country, we can't discount any profession. Acting is not an easy thing to do, and if that was so, every one would have been an actor. A politician who is a good actor, usually becomes successful, for that with his emotional expressions and speech delivery he/she can motivate people to join his cause. Like we say about the exorbitantly high money paid to the actors, people can say same thing to ohter professions as well. A person gets paid because of his/her skills, that appeal to people. It is purely because of this reason, a good actor gets paid more and not so good gets paid less. The same is the case for a Computer professional, doctor, engineer and so on. How many of us would like to go and see Hind Kesri, as against an actor/actress? Actors get paid more because the film producers make more money on films, and they bargain their share from them. So, let us not feel bad about it as to how much do the actors get paid. Yes the point is that as to why the government should pay them more than the athletes. Actually, there could be an obligation on them to appear on certain occassions for government free of cost or on low compensation, but then it will be against the norms of democracy.

That notwithstanding, the compensation to be paid to the athletes needs to be made attractive to attract more people to the field of sports. We do have some money allocated for the sports. More often than not, that gets spent on infrastructure or the officials, rather than sports persons. Having been associated with the development of sports teams of a unit which can take pride in its achievements of being sports champion of a Regiment for over two decades, I fully know the difficulties a coach and an organizer goes through while developing a sports team.

Given the resources it needs, and a free hand to an honest person, who does not get affected by any factor other than the performance and dedication of a sportsman, I think we can achieve some success in this field too.

Virendra sir, No body is feeling bad at all but it is a mockery and nothing else.We are seeing things from a different view point.There are soft things which we all like and some are hard bore things which we loath and hence this Partiality. Anyway there is no end to discussions...facts are infront of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by itsnavin
    Whatever mentioned by our elders in this thread is correct as well as painful. We are all responsible for the money paid to actors during commonwealth games. We make them stars. Acting is difficult but not as difficult as running 100mtrs in 11 secs or 11 players winning a olympic hockey gold medal by working hard for 4 years.

I remember, we used to have a track & field meet in school days and it used to be quite interesting but over the years it was overshadowed by popularity of cricket. Till 1982 Asian Games in Delhi, Hockey used to be at par with Cricket but after a shameful defeat in 82 finals and a win in 1983 world cup took cricket the centerstage and decline of hockey started.

I think India is changing rapidly and more revolutions are due to come. Today's it's bollywood and cricket...I m sure soon it'll change...let tendulkar & co depart from the scene. There will be much to cheer about other athletes as well.

99% of bollywood movies are pieces of s**t!. Moreover, I don't rate hollywood movies above them...they r the same....this is just our indian attitude that we think whatever in English is always better than Hindi...whether it's movies or songs. This picture will change soon...those bollywood kings will be dethroned as the awareness increases in Indian society.

Thats the point i was making.....But then who can save the slaves of habits. Tv channels are full of Quizes each day:
    SHOULD THE SP OF MEERUT BE SUSPENDED,SHOULD AMITABH BACHCHAN TAKE REST OR CONTINUE WORKING INSPITE OF HIS BAD HEALTH,SHOUL PREITY ZINTA GET MARRIED NOW OR WAIT,SHOULD SEHWAG BE THROWN OUT OF INDIAN TEAM...blah-2-2....? SMS your answer to 3333...........It is filth and these SOFTIES take the guilible poor people for a ride and who are affected...WE...because our children don't understand the design....So this is the soft game they play like people in film industry do[baant ke khao..bewakoof banao]and when some stupid comes to anchor any programme...he/she is paid in lakhs for an hour or so from the money collected from the public.....Half yours..half mine basis.Thats why we are not able to come up financially, while these crooks dine in five star hotels and their children use AC toilets and use mineral water to clean themselves......Anyways why am i wasting my time here....Middle class mentality this...ha..ha..ha.We indians are still slaves i suppose...slaves of our habit and always take part in rat race....Go India go!
    Last edited by devdahiya; April 11th, 2006 at 09:25 PM.