Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most Romantic Hindi Movie

Most Romantic Hindi Movie

Dear members, let us know from you all as to which Hindi movie you found most Romantic and why......Please narrate a scene of the movie to prove your point.

Let me start:

Prem Kahani: It is a highly romantic movie featuring Rajesh Khanna,Sashi kapoor and Mumtaz.........! Scene: When Sashi Kapoor[a SP police] asks Mumtaz[his wife] to take Rajesh Khanna[a college friend of Sashi and now wanted by police but staying in the house of SP...Sashi Kapoor as a fugitive[Mumtaz used to love Rajesh Khanna but as the luck could have it, got married to Sashi. The song...'prem kahani mein ek laddka hota hei,ek laddki hoti hei...kabhi donno hasste hein,kabhi donno rotte hein....' comes out beautifully well and Mumtaz never lookes so good in any other movie.....The chamistry between Rajesh and Mumtaz.....GREAT!
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya
    Dear members, let us know from you all as to which Hindi movie you found most Romantic and why......Please narrate a scene of the movie to prove your point.

Let me start:

Prem Kahani: It is a highly romantic movie featuring Rajesh Khanna,Sashi kapoor and Mumtaz.........! Scene: When Sashi Kapoor[a SP police] asks Mumtaz[his wife] to take Rajesh Khanna[a college friend of Sashi and now wanted by police but staying in the house of SP...Sashi Kapoor as a fugitive[Mumtaz used to love Rajesh Khanna but as the luck could have it, got married to Sashi. The song...'prem kahani mein ek laddka hota hei,ek laddki hoti hei...kabhi donno hasste hein,kabhi donno rotte hein....' comes out beautifully well and Mumtaz never lookes so good in any other movie.....The chamistry between Rajesh and Mumtaz.....GREAT!

Good thread Dev sir,

What about the song i admire in that movie :

"Phool aahista phenkoo, phool bade naazook hoten hain"

Ultimate i think.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay
    Good thread Dev sir,

What about the song i admire in that movie :

"Phool aahista phenkoo, phool bade naazook hoten hain"

Ultimate i think.

Bohot Kaatil song hei Vijay. Aur kya kahuun? it means you have seen that movie....? BTW which is your Romantic movie?
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Dev Sir
    i would go for ' Socha na tha ' quite realistic and soft romantic movie.

kuch kuch hota he

well, i dont like d so called mushy movies much- bt theres a scene in d movie- where KAJOL cums runnin to SHAHRUKH to confess her luv - n b4 she cud- sharukh tells her hes in luv...........
    wid sum 1 else....!!
    dis is quiet torturing n suicidal!!

-There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

I could think only of ‘Silsila’ at the moment… Remember ‘dekha ek khwab to ye….’ in those rose grounds…wow wow..too good…..Absolutely Awesome!

Charas..
    daram singh was dashing..
    and Hema simply out of this world...
    remember song.
    ki aaja teri yad aai.

Hi,

KAL HO NA HO is my all time n perheps wud remain Fav.movie.The movie has got evrything what it takes to make a good movie.Simple n romantic film script,Fantabulous music and songs and most of all it has the Bottom-line of Love - What true love is..And I believe that's SACRIFICE.
    Love's not about taking in return of giving.It is also about Giving and giving n giving to whom u love so dearly.Cud be anyone(Mustn't be your g/f or b/f).Love's all about giving happiness,sharing happiness and spreading happiness.

So,without a single ounce of doubt,KAL HO NA HO is the movie I'd love to see time and again.Love to see Aman(SRK) saying no to Naina(Preity)by showing her friend's pic to her.Thats Love,coz he didn't want her to suffer the pain of his death as he was suffering frm serious heart problem.

Ohh and my Fav.song..the
    BEDAAI song of KAL HO NA HO...superb music and heart-filling lyrics.and not to forget MAIN YAHAN HOO of VEER ZAARA.

lovely dahiya

Quote Originally Posted by deepshika
    well, i dont like d so called mushy movies much- bt theres a scene in d movie- where KAJOL cums runnin to SHAHRUKH to confess her luv - n b4 she cud- sharukh tells her hes in luv...........
    wid sum 1 else....!!
    dis is quiet torturing n suicidal!!

Best Regards,
    Lovely Dahiya

Quote Originally Posted by poonam
    I could think only of ‘Silsila’ at the moment… Remember ‘dekha ek khwab to ye….’ in those rose grounds…wow wow..too good…..Absolutely Awesome!

You just reached before me Poonam Ji,

Silsilaa........... Awesome Movie.

My fav song from this movie is :

Sar se Sarke..........................

Really a song, every word worth a real feeling in heart if someone feels what real love is all about.

You stole my favourite movie, respected poonam Ji.

I have regrets.

But still regards.

Kinara

Kinara and it's songs are my favourite , starring Dharmendra & Hema Malini. EK HI KHWAAB song is a killer.
    Another movie I like is PARICHAY with Jaya & Jitendra.

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya
    Bohot Kaatil song hei Vijay. Aur kya kahuun? it means you have seen that movie....? BTW which is your Romantic movie?
    Muqqaddar ka Sikander

And favourite song in that movie

"Dil to hai dil"

Simply great.

Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb
    Charas..
    daram singh was dashing..
    and Hema simply out of this world...
    remember song.
    ki aaja teri yad aai.
    Really great bhai Narender,

Ke aaja teri yaad aai.

Dashing Dharmendra, beautiful Hema and the beautiful lyrics.

What else.

Too Many

If at all romantic content is considered, Bobby was perhaps most romantic - in 1972, Rohtak's Shiela cinema survived because of Bobby which kept on being screened there for 6 months.

But no, the one I liked was Johney Mera Naam (though the theme may not have been entirely romantic). Similarly Dev Anand's 'Guide' and 'Jewel Thief'.
    Last edited by dndeswal; April 19th, 2006 at 02:41 AM.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Sholay it is!!!

'Sholay'! LOL....Naaaw, you probably thinking I keep coming back to this one....and how could it really be considered under romance!?!...Will come to that, and I know I have a lot more movies that I can think of, but those are for later....

But back to the biggie for me- Sholay; I still think the romance projected between Amitabh and Jaya in this superb movie was just stuff made of dreams!
    That's why this is also my movie for all seasons....kya achcha nahee tha es movie mae??? Everything was classy......

So anyways; on the romantic part (Dahiyaji, yeh 'explaination' waali cheez chaep kae galti kar rahe ho....mere jisae teen-chaar page tak likhtae jayenge scene to scene...Ha! Ha!:D )....Consider this:

Jaya is a widow, but still her past comes to haunt our hero and he is unconciously drawn for some reason to this silent lady clad in white... The romance is even more striking to the viewers considering that there is hardly any words spoken directly between them (remember any?...of course except Amitabh's deeply melancholic but melodious mouth organ notes that waft across the courtyard, bringing a lil' sparkle in the eyes of an otherwise depressed lookin Jaya as she moves lighting the night lamps)....

And now for the punch line....THE most romantic scene, has to be:

Amitabh in one of his rare childish and carefree moods riding the back of a buffallo going,'heeehaaaww'....only to stop dead in his tracks (of course simply standing up and the buffallo just walking on from under his long legs!:D ) with his hand still holding that small stick up in the air, and a look of complete embarassment when he spots the widow Jaya looking at him from across the yard and even smiling a rare smile on her otherwise sad visage...... Oh man! That is what is romance the silence and the unspoken, but still heart-wrenching....something that you don't get in a Shahrukh singing 'kuch-kuch hota hai' or something to a Kajol (or a Rani!)...

Then if there was a bigger wrenching moment than Dharmendra wailing over his friends dead body, then it has to be Jaya with a shocked speechless look staggering back into thakur's (Sanjeev, playing the father-in-law) arms, with yet another dream shattered before her eyes even before it became a reality!

If you remember and look, and consider those two scenes at the same time.....it is easily the best romantic (with the judaai angle) movie for me!
    Last edited by shailendra; April 19th, 2006 at 02:25 AM.
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

I like the way you put it Shailender!

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra
    'Sholay'! LOL....Naaaw, you probably thinking I keep coming back to this one....and how could it really be considered under romance!?!...Will come to that, and I know I have a lot more movies that I can think of, but those are for later....

But back to the biggie for me- Sholay; I still think the romance projected between Amitabh and Jaya in this superb movie was just stuff made of dreams!
    That's why this is also my movie for all seasons....kya achcha nahee tha es movie mae??? Everything was classy......

So anyways; on the romantic part (Dahiyaji, yeh 'explaination' waali cheez chaep kae galti kar rahe ho....mere jisae teen-chaar page tak likhtae jayenge scene to scene...Ha! Ha!:D )....Consider this:

Jaya is a widow, but still her past comes to haunt our hero and he is unconciously drawn for some reason to this silent lady clad in white... The romance is even more striking to the viewers considering that there is hardly any words spoken directly between them (remember any?...of course except Amitabh's deeply melancholic but melodious mouth organ notes that waft across the courtyard, bringing a lil' sparkle in the eyes of an otherwise depressed lookin Jaya as she moves lighting the night lamps)....

And now for the punch line....THE most romantic scene, has to be:

Amitabh in one of his rare childish and carefree moods riding the back of a buffallo going,'heeehaaaww'....only to stop dead in his tracks (of course simply standing up and the buffallo just walking on from under his long legs!:D ) with his hand still holding that small stick up in the air, and a look of complete embarassment when he spots the widow Jaya looking at him from across the yard and even smiling a rare smile on her otherwise sad visage...... Oh man! That is what is romance the silence and the unspoken, but still heart-wrenching....something that you don't get in a Shahrukh singing 'kuch-kuch hota hai' or something to a Kajol (or a Rani!)...

Then if there was a bigger wrenching moment than Dharmendra wailing over his friends dead body, then it has to be Jaya with a shocked speechless look staggering back into thakur's (Sanjeev, playing the father-in-law) arms, with yet another dream shattered before her eyes even before it became a reality!

If you remember and look, and consider those two scenes at the same time.....it is easily the best romantic (with the judaai angle) movie for me!

Well Shailendra,

Sholay was great.

Good scenes what you explained but i remember the scene from the Holy song " Holi ke din" Amitabh is drenched in holi coloures and suddenly he saw Jaya in balcony with an empty face.

A colourless face in the festival of colours !

Ohhh Man ! Really touching my heart still
    Last edited by vijay; April 19th, 2006 at 02:58 AM.

Bhai Vijay, Ankyaan mein pani aaliya se ...Shailenden arr tane te bhai katti rooa diye mahare jisse assique

Quote Originally Posted by chhillar
    Bhai Vijay, Ankyaan mein pani aaliya se ...Shailenden arr tane te bhai katti rooa diye mahare jisse assique
    Ashiqe....????lol....:D:p

Good job Super Shail...you touched the hearts of so many out there.. :D
    Last edited by poonam; April 19th, 2006 at 04:12 AM.

hhmm... mai nu sochu su... ak BOBY ka naam eb tahi.. kyukar kon aaya.....:D ```` hum tum.... tedeum.... ik obre me band hoo... arr.. TAU aa jayeee... lol
    romantic...?? it has to be BOBY......
    don't argue with an idiot... people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Quote Originally Posted by fool4love
    hhmm... mai nu sochu su... ak BOBY ka naam eb tahi.. kyukar kon aaya.....:D ```` hum tum.... tedeum.... ik obre me band hoo... arr.. TAU aa jayeee... lol
    romantic...?? it has to be BOBY......

------------LOL----------------------
    :D :D :D