Thread: Window Error, help needed

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Window Error, help needed

Hi guys , i am facing a problem in my window Xp SP2 whenever i open any program or its shorcut- the error message comes - "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an assocation in the Folder Options Control Panel". i checked in folder option in file association tab but unable to find anything, even my regedit not working whenever i open it said window cannot open this file , choose program to open this file.
    and about 1st error i found the temporary solution that i go to the program setting then selected the advanced option and then check on Run with different credentials and save it after that whenever i open that program it ask for user option and after selecting , program got opened but i thats just i temporary solution but i need a permanent solution for this error, do i need to quick upgrade by Window Xp Cd or there is any other alternative way???
    thankx and regard
    Suraj tomer

Try out this

Hi Suraj,

Are you facing this issue with one particular type of file (like word docs only) or for every file (no matter what extension is .doc .txt etc)?

I faced similar issue with .msg file and I was getting this error while trying to open it with MS Outlook.

The basic solution (lets say for .doc file is) -
    1) Open any .doc file
    2) Right click -> Open with
    3) Select 'Chose Program'
    4) In dialog box - Select 'Microsoft word'
    5) Select "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
    6) OK

You should be all set for MS word files.

But if problem persists, then you can also fix thrugh Control panel as suggested by Error Message -
    1) Open folder options (available in Control Panel or from tools -> windows explorer window)
    2) Go to File Type Tab
    3) There is Registered file types - Find 'doc' there.
    4) Click on Advanced button
    5) A new dialog box will open. Select Open option there and click on Edit button
    6) In the 'Application used to perform action' enter the location of word EXE on your machine (should be inside MS Office folder).
    7) click OK and you are back on previous dialog box
    8) Click 'Set Default' and then OK OK ....

See if it works. Otherwise may be required program to open the file is not there.

Regards,
    Rahul

Login to view details.

hi

Hi thankx for ur reply but i am facing these problem with all exe files only and by control panel , i am unable to rectify it

Login to view details.
    अरे भाइओ इस परेशानै का कोइ हल तो बताओ, या जुगाड से हि काम चलाना पडेगा

Login to view details.
    are bhaio chehre par mat jao mana toda daravna hai:D par iska matlab ye todi he ki chehre se dar ke pareshani ka hal nahi bataoge , vese bhi jat ke kise chehre se darte hai kuch hal to dhund ke batao nahi ti mujhe jugad se kam chalana padega ya window reload karni padegi, koi tisra raasta????:

Login to view details.

Thumbs up

bhai logo madad ke liye dhanayvad, mene apni pareshani ka hal dhund liya hai:D usme problem ye thi ki exe files the link tut gya tha registry mein, bhala ho in logo ka http://filext.com/info/showthread.php?t=12 meine vo problem khud hi thik kar di, par ye mat samaziye ki aap logo ka kam khatam:p , abhi koi mujhe ye to batao ki vo jo jugad mene kiya tha uske piche logic kya tha pehle me batato hoon ki jugad tha kya
    1. make shorcut of exe file or application on desktop ( jugad work only on destop why?)
    2.then go to property of the application , select option advanced.
    3. In advanced tab there is option Run with different credentials , click that and press ok.

so bhaio ye jugad tha , ab koi ye batao ki ye kaam kese kar raha tha?